* * * * - 13 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VIII - 2017 & 2018

#841 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11070 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:14 AM

My Sonic Mania CE from Amazon has been saying Preparing for Shipment/Shipping today since like Sunday....what the Fuck are you doing Amazon?

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#842 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13918 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:37 AM

A weird off-topic question, but is the Resident Evil 7 GS Collector's Edition rare? And how rare?

Also, what about the Tales of Beseria one in terms of rarity too?

Thanks.

Berseria $275 shipped New on Amazon, RE 7 CE $435 shipped New on Amazon. Berseria MSRP was $150, RE 7 CE was $180 & GameStop exclusive.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#843 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:03 AM

Berseria $275 shipped New on Amazon, RE 7 CE $435 shipped New on Amazon. Berseria MSRP was $150, RE 7 CE was $180 & GameStop exclusive.

Thanks, the Ebay prices seem significantly lower though. Was able to pick up both at Gamestop recently but wasn't sure to keep them or not.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#844 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2702 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:04 AM

Thanks, the Ebay prices seem significantly lower though. Was able to pick up both at Gamestop recently but wasn't sure to keep them or not.

In store I assume?

#845 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:08 AM

In store I assume?

Yeah, but ToB was busted up and had a dent, and RE7 was opened and a store display.

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#846 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49862 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:17 AM

Shipping on that RE7 CE would be a huge dickpunch though.  Probably $30 or more. 

#847 SW4J   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:11 AM

Anyone else's Sonic statue in the CE have a really shitty paint job?

#848 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8225 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:12 AM

Berseria CE is ass. Happy to have sold mine for $10 profit -.-

#849 Jurai  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

got Sonic Mania this morning, my statue looks fine to me, didn't really have high hopes for something that was only marginally more expensive than a regular game but I'm pretty happy, just wish we had a physical release of the game

#850 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2702 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

got Sonic Mania this morning, my statue looks fine to me, didn't really have high hopes for something that was only marginally more expensive than a regular game but I'm pretty happy, just wish we had a physical release of the game

Yeah I'm tired of digital only also, but can't argue against its convenience

#851 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

$225 for Ni No Kuni 2 CE is ridiculous. Sounds like Play-Asia prices.

It was actually $199.99 with free shipping

#852 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

My Sonic Mania CE from Amazon has been saying Preparing for Shipment/Shipping today since like Sunday....what the Fuck are you doing Amazon?

Mine just arrived this morning; they ended up overnight it after not shipping it out on Tuesday. Hope yours arrives soon. 

#853 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

Just received my Sonic Mania CE. This was definitely worth $45. Didn't order it expecting a resin statue and definitely didn't expect it to be as big as it is. I actually like the outer box also and will probably keep that too. All versions are available to be ordered on Amazon for anyone who missed out.

#854 R3DH3R0   14 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2762 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

CE for We Happy Few: https://www.neowin.n...ial-launch-date

$150, no game included.... LOL

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#855 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49862 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

Wolfenstein New Order had a CE with no game, that sold well enough. 

#856 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5544 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

Yep.  Not sure what the issue is.  I think it's actually a much more consumer friendly approach as you can take advantage of GCU or Amazon discounts on the game and then get the CE materials separately or not at all.  

#857 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5267 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

I hope your not referring to that one with the little metal robot dog, or whatever the hell it was. As that set was available for what seemed like a few years on their site, and it was discount probably more than half that time, as they couldn't give those away after the initial launch of the game. I almost caved and bought it at one point, as it was being offered so cheap, but they way over produced that and with no game, it sat a good long while.

#858 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

Yep.  Not sure what the issue is.  I think it's actually a much more consumer friendly approach as you can take advantage of GCU or Amazon discounts on the game and then get the CE materials separately or not at all.  

GCU applies to Collector Editions too though, not sure about stand alone CE materials.  I don't think the Mass Effect "CE" was discounted recently because it didn't include the game.

So you're actually getting fucked on a discount for standalone CE with no game.  Not consumer friendly at all for GCU members.

I also don't think many people would buy just the collector edition and opt out buying the game.

#859 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5544 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:28 PM

GCU applies to Collector Editions too though, not sure about stand alone CE materials.  I don't think the Mass Effect "CE" was discounted recently because it didn't include the game.

So you're actually getting fucked on a discount for standalone CE with no game.  Not consumer friendly at all for GCU members.

I also don't think many people would buy just the collector edition and opt out buying the game.

I guess, but I suspect in many of these combined CEs that publishers are now just jacking up the price to accommodate discounting anyway, so I don't really think there would be much savings if this was combined.  I suspect it would be a $200 CE in that case.

#860 Callidus   VG Collectaholic CAGiversary!   2031 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

Give them a break Wiggles... it takes a bit of time to track down a bubble mailer three sizes too small.

CallidusLepor.png

Currently Playing:    :ps4: Dungeons II,   :switch: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Game Collection  |  Game Room Pics

* CIB Sets: 32X, Jaguar, Jag CD, Sega CD (working on variants), Vectrex, Virtual Boy, Vita, Wii U (working on variants)

* CIB Sets In-Progress: 3DO, N64, PS1 longboxes, Vita (international exclusives), Xbox (OG)

WANTED: DinoPark Tycoon (3DO, CIB w/ Longbox) - if anyone has for sale/trade, please PM me!

#861 Callidus   VG Collectaholic CAGiversary!   2031 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

I hope your not referring to that one with the little metal robot dog, or whatever the hell it was. As that set was available for what seemed like a few years on their site, and it was discount probably more than half that time, as they couldn't give those away after the initial launch of the game. I almost caved and bought it at one point, as it was being offered so cheap, but they way over produced that and with no game, it sat a good long while.

Bethesda only made 5,000 of those Panzerhund Editions, which isn't crazy, but they still sat around for ages on their web store.  I bought two of them when they were finally clearanced out for $50 in October 2014.  Ended up working out alright though, I flipped them both recently for $300 each as part of my ongoing oversized CE purge.

CallidusLepor.png

Currently Playing:    :ps4: Dungeons II,   :switch: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Game Collection  |  Game Room Pics

* CIB Sets: 32X, Jaguar, Jag CD, Sega CD (working on variants), Vectrex, Virtual Boy, Vita, Wii U (working on variants)

* CIB Sets In-Progress: 3DO, N64, PS1 longboxes, Vita (international exclusives), Xbox (OG)

WANTED: DinoPark Tycoon (3DO, CIB w/ Longbox) - if anyone has for sale/trade, please PM me!

#862 R3DH3R0   14 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2762 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

Give them a break Wiggles... it takes a bit of time to track down a bubble mailer three sizes too small.

So glad the CE is gigantic that there's no way it could fit in a bubble mailer.... I should probably take that back because Amazon probably has 2'x2' bubble mailers

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#863 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5267 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

Bethesda only made 5,000 of those Panzerhund Editions, which isn't crazy, but they still sat around for ages on their web store.  I bought two of them when they were finally clearanced out for $50 in October 2014.  Ended up working out alright though, I flipped them both recently for $300 each as part of my ongoing oversized CE purge.

Yeah, depending on what is being offered, and the initial asking price, 5000 could be a good number. The Panzerhund Edition was certainly not one of those situations. I think 1000 would have been sweet spot for them on that one.

It had some decent stuff included, but the $100 initial price I think didn't appeal to many, and with no game, it died rather quickly. The actual physical game for the consoles was discounted pretty fast to, and at that point, the CE stood little chance of selling anymore. When things like this are offered on sale, it's usually a solid buy, as once the inventory finally sells through, prices almost always go up to good levels over time.

#864 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8562 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

I'd have to say that the W:TNO CE is higher quality than this one.

#865 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

CE for We Happy Few: https://www.neowin.n...ial-launch-date

Wow, for $150 and no game the contents aren't even that good. Few will be Happy paying this price.

#866 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5267 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

Few will be Happy paying this price.

LOL, good one.

#867 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5325 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:57 PM

Best Buy is pulling the same crap with mine.  Right now they are "reserving" my copy and its supposed to arrive tomorrow.  that seems.... unlikely. 

Spoiler

946009.png  

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#868 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

Having a hard time understanding what justifies $150 price tag, anyone?

#869 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10591 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

No game, no buy.

Also, since there is no game then this is just a bunch of random junk and you kind of have to be a fan of the series to purchase.  Since this appears to be a new IP not sure how many fans of this game there are.  Kind of ballsy to price it at $150 but I guess if it is limited enough it will likely sell eventually.

#870 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:22 PM

I'm sure EU will get an exclusive one :P

And a collector edition that is much better than the one we get or an exclusive collector edition for Eu only.