* * * * - 13 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VIII - 2017 & 2018

#61 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   607 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:54 PM

Anthology Index now links to each section. You don't have to scroll through the CEs to find something in the steelbook post or the artbook/guide post anymore. Added few more earlier CEs in January with the full name of the website, + what it is. I'm personally a fan of leaving it in unform with just saying CE, CE1, Book2. More updates will come later. 

Not sure where'd I'd place the $20 Battlefield 1 CE. It initially released last year. 

#62 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8439 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:58 PM

Anthology Index now links to each section. You don't have to scroll through the CEs to find something in the steelbook post or the artbook/guide post anymore. Added few more earlier CEs in January with the full name of the website, + what it is. I'm personally a fan of leaving it in unform with just saying CE, CE1, Book2. More updates will come later. 

Not sure where'd I'd place the $20 Battlefield 1 CE. It initially released last year. 

I wouldn't re-add any older CE that gets a discount like that, I would just let it be in the thread or have someone start a thread for it.  The OPs will require enough energy to maintain.

#63 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49857 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:17 PM

Far Cry 5 guide is up on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/0744018595/

#64 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2319 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:59 PM

Did anyone else get charged the full 50 for FFXII limited steelbook edition from Amazon? I know Amazon was removing prime discount for collector editions but i didnt think it was retroactive. I couldve sworn i had the prime discount when i ordered it.

I was charged $40 when buying yesterday so they don't seem to consider this a collector's edition.

NotRic.png

#65 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2295 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:21 AM

I wouldn't re-add any older CE that gets a discount like that, I would just let it be in the thread or have someone start a thread for it. The OPs will require enough energy to maintain.

I second this. No need for you to add old shit. That was the retired thread.

#66 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10508 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:34 AM

Did anyone else get charged the full 50 for FFXII limited steelbook edition from Amazon? I know Amazon was removing prime discount for collector editions but i didnt think it was retroactive. I couldve sworn i had the prime discount when i ordered it.

Pull up your original order email and see what that says.  If you ordered originally without the Prime discount Amazon will not add it retroactively later.  You would either have to reorder it with the Prime discount or change the shipping method of your original order once Amazon has listed it is eligible for the Prime discount in the product description.

I would definitely pull up your original order email though as that would show if you ordered it when it had the Prime discount or not.

#67 LordMaloysius  

LordMaloysius

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

I appreciate the effort and work.  This thread has way too much stuff going on now.  I an only imagine how annoying it is going to be, not only having to listen to questions about the Amazon Prime 20% being applied, but now having to listen about guides coming with a dented corner, or steelbooks being sent in a bubble mailer.  You flew too close to the sun Icarus.  

Again, this is a wonderful source of information, and that isn't what my problem is with, just knowing how people are here, it is going to be impossible to find anything because there is going to be magnitude more noise in the thread.  Perhaps if there was a separate discussion thread, and this was just used for updating or adding information.  

#68 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1590 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:40 AM

I was. Then I chatted with then and complained.

#69 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8187 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:44 AM

Amazon actually gave me $11 back today for my FFXII SteeBook that I paid $43 for initially...so $33.

odd?

#70 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2728 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:46 AM

Amazing thread OP! Just saw the 1st post and was like "Wow, this is the best looking thread on CAG!" Everything is laid out well, and has all the info we need.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#71 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4094 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:49 AM

I appreciate the effort and work.  This thread has way too much stuff going on now.  I an only imagine how annoying it is going to be, not only having to listen to questions about the Amazon Prime 20% being applied, but now having to listen about guides coming with a dented corner, or steelbooks being sent in a bubble mailer.  You flew too close to the sun Icarus.  

Again, this is a wonderful source of information, and that isn't what my problem is with, just knowing how people are here, it is going to be impossible to find anything because there is going to be magnitude more noise in the thread.  Perhaps if there was a separate discussion thread, and this was just used for updating or adding information.  

OP is very good with updating the first post. If you just want info, check the first post.

#72 wolf96  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:42 AM

Truly outdid yourself Vogyn. Thank you for your diligence, hard work and extremely high standards

#73 TimesBlood  

TimesBlood

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:34 AM

the blue Assassin's Creed steelbook you have listed looks different from the one on amazon and ubisoft website, was wondering where that one is from because it looks far better than the ones of pictured in the gold edition

#74 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:11 AM

On a related note, the name "Vogyn" sounds like how a dude with a fat lip would pronounce "virgin"

#75 elessar123  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

He'll be swimming in women now though.

Spoiler

#76 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:03 AM

the blue Assassin's Creed steelbook you have listed looks different from the one on amazon and ubisoft website, was wondering where that one is from because it looks far better than the ones of pictured in the gold edition

That version is exclusive to the Ubisoft store in Europe.

#77 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10508 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

He'll be swimming in women now though.

Ladies love the collector's editions! 

It shows them a guy is willing to piss away money like there's no tomorrow ;)

#78 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4094 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

NNK II delayed until January 19, 2018. More hope for a CE announcement later?

#79 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10500 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

Wooo!  Minty Fresh!

Thanks for the update!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#80 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3126 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

NNK II delayed until January 19, 2018. More hope for a CE announcement later?

Thanks for the update. Sadly, there was nothing indicating an announcement. They could print money with a CE in a similar vein as the last and also proactively produce the right amount to avoid the horrible DR experience of the last game.

#81 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4094 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:08 PM

GT Sport now releasing October 17th.

https://blog.us.play...ober-17-on-ps4/

#82 willozsy   CAG Hokage CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

willozsy

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

#foreveralone? Relationships and marriages are very overrated. 

maydayofhighbury.png

#83 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Good games take time. Glad they aren't trying to rush it to fulfill some arbitrary E3 release date to have more games than someone else.

I'm a bit worried about Xenoblade 2 in that regard, especially how shitty and non JRPG like X was with it's lack of story and anonymous androgenous silent avatar protagonist.

#84 Electro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   475 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Thank for the thread Vogyn looks great!

#85 Bronson !  

Bronson !

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

Glad they delayed ni no. Maybe it will give me time to actually play the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#86 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13898 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#87 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

Wow! Mad props to Vogyn! New thread is amazing!  I fear you're going to spend all your time updating this thread, but thanks for any efforts you're able to make! Looks great!

Check My LIST HERE if you've got some things you're looking to part ways with and want to make some $$!

#88 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

Restocks or crushed rejects?

#89 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:44 PM

Great work with the post, Vogyn! Really appreciate what you've done for us.

#90 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2928 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:45 AM

I really appreciate all the hard work Vogyn! We all do. You really put in the overtime to make this thread awesome!

Edit: I have Yonder pre-ordered on PSN but I saw (thanks to Vogyn's hard work) that Signature Edition Games has a physical copy with some coins and stuff. Vogyn listed it at $39. When I click on the link it briefly flashes $39 but changes to $50. Adding it to my cart sets it at $50. This is before taxes and shipping and such. Is this some kind of fee for being in America

Ignore all that mess. An unwanted currency converting browser add-on mucked everything up. Price is $39.