* * * * - 13 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VIII - 2017 & 2018

#1981 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12977 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:06 AM

While I generally agree with this, BB is by no means smooth at price matching. In my experience more than half the BB reps still don't understand GCU. This is especially true if you say try to price match something on sale at BB with a lower GCU price than originally paid but has a base sale price higher than the orig. GCU price. Usually have 1-2 reps that tell me they can't price match because I already paid less. BB reps also seem terrible at math and usually don't give me the correct price match (though often this works in my favor).

True, I forgot the GCU price would have already been lower so in this case, no need for a PM. They've never combined GCU with a PM for me, or at least they're not supposed to.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1982 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8643 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:15 AM

The Witch & the Hundred Knight 2 Limited Edition - NISA

dat stress ball. Been adding more links to other CEs the past few days. Anything in NISA or Iffy's that's OOS, their EU website still has them up. 

Really glad they are giving a 2 disc soundtrack. I hate the CE's that give you a soundtrack sampler. The only reason I am still keeping my FE:Warriors preorder is for the soundtrack,

125063.png808669.png
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1983 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4094 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:07 AM

Hell yeah that refund for the Metroid Legacy CE is amazing. One of my best imports.

#1984 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   3951 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:44 AM

Is there a reason for the refund? It's been popping in and out of stock frequently and I've passed a bunch of times in the last week. Thinking of grabbing one when it comes back in stock if I'll get a discount like that.

#1985 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6003 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:49 AM

u boys got lucky on the Amazon.DE Metroid Legacy deal. i got it from Game UK. it was about $90 shipped.

#1986 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5068 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:54 AM

Is there a reason for the refund? It's been popping in and out of stock frequently and I've passed a bunch of times in the last week. Thinking of grabbing one when it comes back in stock if I'll get a discount like that.

It won’t happen. I translated the email and it’s a preorder price guarantee. Apparently some time before it released it dropped in price so those of us that had it preordered before that got the difference refunded. Standard Amazon policy.

#1987 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3113 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

True, I forgot the GCU price would have already been lower so in this case, no need for a PM. They've never combined GCU with a PM for me, or at least they're not supposed to.

I think he was referring to having BB PM their own price drops post-purchase (within the 14, 30, or 45 day window depending on your MyBB status). You can definitely get the delta back if you ask in that scenario, but GCU does complicate things.

For a $60 game, you pay $48 w/ GCU. If that game goes on sale for $50 within the return window, you should get an $8 refund (20% off $50 = $40). However, some CS people will tell you that you already paid $2 less than the sale price. I've found that it's easier to PM online purchases by just typing out the math for them. IMO, it's a lot harder to talk through it in person.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#1988 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12977 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

Gotcha. I haven't really had to do that in a long while but I don't remember having much trouble getting it done, if any. BB has done some crazy PM's for me in the past without question so I can't complain. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1989 elessar123  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

The only time I've had issues is when they were trying to PM the website price before it was live in stores. Happened with one of the Xillia games.

Spoiler

#1990 R3DH3R0   13 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2750 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

What's so special about the Supercard QR code from WWE 2K18 Cena Nuff Edition. Just sold mine for $70..... Which after fees around $60 something. So half off the Cena Nuff edition (GCU) for that? Ok, that works.

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#1991 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1610 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:06 PM

South Park came in today at my store and the steelbook version is sealed with just stickers instead of shrinkwrap. :???:

#1992 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   319 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

South Park came in today at my store and the steelbook version is sealed with just stickers instead of shrinkwrap. :???:

Does it just have a clear plastic slip over the steelbook?  I've seen a couple of different versions of what looked like outer artwork.

#1993 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3113 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:34 PM

Yay for sticker residue!

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#1994 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1610 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

Does it just have a clear plastic slip over the steelbook?  I've seen a couple of different versions of what looked like outer artwork.

Yeah, the stickers are to keep the plastic slip on.

#1995 dav2sil  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

What's so special about the Supercard QR code from WWE 2K18 Cena Nuff Edition. Just sold mine for $70..... Which after fees around $60 something. So half off the Cena Nuff edition (GCU) for that? Ok, that works.

People want what they don't have it's pretty weird. I sold coldheart dlc from standard destiny 2 for 25. And marvel vs capcom pre order bonus for 40.

#1996 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22241 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

I think he was referring to having BB PM their own price drops post-purchase (within the 14, 30, or 45 day window depending on your MyBB status). You can definitely get the delta back if you ask in that scenario, but GCU does complicate things.

For a $60 game, you pay $48 w/ GCU. If that game goes on sale for $50 within the return window, you should get an $8 refund (20% off $50 = $40). However, some CS people will tell you that you already paid $2 less than the sale price. I've found that it's easier to PM online purchases by just typing out the math for them. IMO, it's a lot harder to talk through it in person.

I've had that problem on the phone/chat. I always just go to the store. 

Currently playing: 

PS1 Wild Arms - :) (Mutha-fucking Wild ARMS!!) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#1997 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   3951 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

Yay for sticker residue!

Don't peel off the stickers, just cut them at the top with a sharp knife and keep them on. They're clear anyway you hardly notice them.

#1998 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11036 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:20 PM

Don't peel off the stickers, just cut them at the top with a sharp knife and keep them on. They're clear anyway you hardly notice them.

I'll always notice them somewhere deep inside of my mind

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#1999 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6459 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:18 PM

Unboxing video. I forgot I had this preordered at Gamestop lol. I think I will eventually sell it so I can turn credit into cash, but I will try the game at least.

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#2000 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6269 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:00 AM

That's a pretty good special edition especially for the price.

#2001 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   3951 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

I accidentally dragged a promotional email from Best Buy to my inbox tab in my gmail account and hit 'yes' when they asked if I want future emails from them to go to my inbox, and now my inbox is flooded with promotional emails. So I dragged it back to the promotional tab and hit 'yes' when it asked me the same thing thinking it would fix the issue and now all my order emails and every email I get from BB goes to my promotional tab.

Anyone know how to fix it so only the important emails like shipping notices, order details and cancellation notices go to my inbox tab, but the rest of the junk goes to the promotional tab?

#2002 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:11 AM

I accidentally dragged a promotional email from Best Buy to my inbox tab in my gmail account and hit 'yes' when they asked if I want future emails from them to go to my inbox, and now my inbox is flooded with promotional emails. So I dragged it back to the promotional tab and hit 'yes' when it asked me the same thing thinking it would fix the issue and now all my order emails and every email I get from BB goes to my promotional tab.

Anyone know how to fix it so only the important emails like shipping notices, order details and cancellation notices go to my inbox tab, but the rest of the junk goes to the promotional tab?

This has what to do with the topic?

#2003 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:17 AM

FYI I just got an email from square enix for the nier black box edition. It's available for purchase for people who signed up for waitlist.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Overwatch/Bloodborne/Transistor   ::   :vita: Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni  ::   :3ds: Pokemon Moon

#2004 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   3951 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

This has what to do with the topic?

What does anything have to do with anything?

The world is a weird wild place where things happen that you would not expect.

My recommendation: sit back and just admire its beauty.

#2005 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5169 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:28 AM

Agreed, what does 99.9% of most of the shit discussed in these threads have to do with anything? LOL

Technically, his emails have to do with BB, and he needs help with an email problem, so it's as valid as anything else I see around here on a daily basis.

#2006 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10519 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:09 AM

FYI I just got an email from square enix for the nier black box edition. It's available for purchase for people who signed up for waitlist.

I did as well though I can't login to my account despite using the correct ID and password.  When I try to recover my account I get to the last step but then it says my DOB is invalid despite entering my correct DOB.  Man, what a POS store.  I'm guessing its impossible to recover my account now? I sent an email to their support but I don't expect a response for a few weeks.

#2007 mrliquid   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:15 AM

I did as well though I can't login to my account despite using the correct ID and password.  When I try to recover my account I get to the last step but then it says my DOB is invalid despite entering my correct DOB.  Man, what a POS store.  I'm guessing its impossible to recover my account now? I sent an email to their support but I don't expect a response for a few weeks.

I had the same crap happen to me. I was able to place an order though.

Make a new account and use paypal. My email address in the new account did not match the email address I used to be notified when more Black Boxes came in. I was still able to place an order no problem.

#2008 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10519 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:26 AM

I had the same crap happen to me. I was able to place an order though.

Make a new account and use paypal. My email address in the new account did not match the email address I used to be notified when more Black Boxes came in. I was still able to place an order no problem.

Thanks.  I tried but still nothing.  I give up with that POS site.

#2009 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5068 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:49 AM

The answer is so simple you’re going to feel just a little (lot) bit stupid: unsubscribe from their marketing emails? You won’t have to worry about filtering out unwanted emails by following this general rule of thumb. Maybe don’t stare into space so much next time.

On tomorrow’s lecture: Google. What is it? How does it work?

Now THAT’S sarcasm!

#2010 ihadmail  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:07 AM

I try to log in and it tells me wrong credentials.

I try to reset my password and it says no account with this email.

I try to set up a new account and it tells me email already in use.

Back to step one to repeat the process. Fuck.