* - - - - 1 votes

Best Buy Ad 10/8-10/14

#31 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:06 AM

fire emblem valentia...now for $28 or wait for cheaper?

I just spent a good chunk of money on a steam sale so I would like to wait...but if the game doesn't go on sale again I'll kinda regret it

#32 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1321 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:20 AM

Charging $40 for that busted, shitass Friday the 13th game is way more reprehensible than any loot box business
Also yes lots of games have secret endings locked behind huge grinds or multiple playthroughs. The loot box stuff was a last-minute addition (why it was delayed a month) and had no impact on the development or balancing.
But hey, why bother to look up facts when you can just rely on hysterical ranting from YouTube assholes

Lol dude really? Every single one of you condoning this behavior from companies like WB and the various other companies locking content behind either loot boxes or hours and hours of tedious grinding are blind to the fact that this will get worse if you continue to say it's alright and buy games like this. Because even if you buy these games at launch and don't give into the microtransactions you are still giving your stamp of approval on the game. It was not that long ago when the thought of season passes sickened people and now there rarely is a game released without one. If you continue to support the loot boxes crave this will get worse and worse as well. Developers continue to take more and more centent from gamers without paying for it so again I ask where do you draw the line. Because mark my words sooner or later if you keep allowing this it will get to the point to where being able to fully enjoy a game is going to cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars due to more and more content being locked behind either paid elc or loot crate.

#33 daniel77733   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

daniel77733

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:25 AM

Can't wait for The Evil Within 2 on Friday as it starts five games in three weeks for me!!!

Was going to buy Shadow of War but the final battle that must be won in order to see the true ending and the fact that you need to build an army in order to take over the fortresses turned me off to the game. Also, an expansion has already been confirmed for the game in early 2018 so I'll just wait for the complete/goty edition next summer.

The micro-transactions don't even bother me as I have never ever spent a penny on them and never will. NO ONE should ever blame the developers though as it has NOTHING to do with them. It's all about the publishers. WB Games owns Monolith and like every publisher that owns development studios, it's up to them what gets put into the game. It definitely sucks but it's 100% on the publisher as in this case like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, the publisher decided to force it into the game in the last stages of development.

Like every development studio that's owned by a publisher, Monolith is good but in the end, it's not their decision to make so please don't bash the developers.

#34 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40011 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:29 AM

fire emblem valentia...now for $28 or wait for cheaper?

I just spent a good chunk of money on a steam sale so I would like to wait...but if the game doesn't go on sale again I'll kinda regret it

If you plan to play it soon I'd say go for it. I really enjoyed it.

#35 stryker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   452 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:29 AM

Battleborn (PS4) $2.99 for GCU Members w/In-Store Pickup

$4.99

-$1 off GCU

-$1 off for switching to store pickup (after initially choosing shipping).

#36 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5060 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

I'm gonna buy and play what I want because in the end you will never convince enough people to make any difference in the industry. So I'm not going to miss out on fun games over stuff like this.

This

#37 Sielanas  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

At least don't buy launch day. Make them sweat a little. And then buy end November/early December when we know it'll be $30 somewhere.

#38 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

Beat Buy has the HD558 for 60 on the app. It is listed in the ad as 80. I think the its lowest it's been I think. Pretty solid price for these.

#39 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2654 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:44 PM

Lol dude really? Every single one of you condoning this behavior from companies like WB and the various other companies locking content behind either loot boxes or hours and hours of tedious grinding are blind to the fact that this will get worse if you continue to say it's alright and buy games like this.

I replayed the Crash Bandicoot games recently and those lock (very lame and short) secret endings behind tons of tedious collecting. Everyone who bought those PS1 games is to blame for this current situation, obviously. This has always been a thing in video games, dude. Secret endings are always just a huge waste of time. If you're such a completionist that it bothers you, that's your problem.

Because even if you buy these games at launch and don't give into the microtransactions you are still giving your stamp of approval on the game.

Yeah, I do. Because Monolith makes good games. They always have... Except for SHOGO. If you don't buy it, you're not sending any message other than "I don't care about LOTR", while if you buy the game but then buy none of the dumbass boxes, it's much clearer that you're not interested in that bullshit. And given that everyone except Polygon (which, you know, is Polygon) says the boxes are completely inessential, I don't see many people ponying up the cash for them anyway.

It was not that long ago when the thought of season passes sickened people and now there rarely is a game released without one.

I don't care, I don't buy them. I think you've got a big FOMO problem or something. DLC is almost never worth buying.

Developers continue to take more and more centent from gamers without paying for it so again I ask where do you draw the line. Because mark my words sooner or later if you keep allowing this it will get to the point to where being able to fully enjoy a game is going to cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars due to more and more content being locked behind either paid elc or loot crate.

I would draw the line if what you were suggesting actually happened, but it hasn't, and because I don't believe in the slippery slope theory, I don't think it will. If anything, games have been walking it back recently.

Also I paid like 30 dollars for this game so I extra don't care.

#40 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

Lol dude really? Every single one of you condoning this behavior from companies like WB and the various other companies locking content behind either loot boxes or hours and hours of tedious grinding are blind to the fact that this will get worse if you continue to say it's alright and buy games like this. Because even if you buy these games at launch and don't give into the microtransactions you are still giving your stamp of approval on the game. It was not that long ago when the thought of season passes sickened people and now there rarely is a game released without one. If you continue to support the loot boxes crave this will get worse and worse as well. Developers continue to take more and more centent from gamers without paying for it so again I ask where do you draw the line. Because mark my words sooner or later if you keep allowing this it will get to the point to where being able to fully enjoy a game is going to cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars due to more and more content being locked behind either paid elc or loot crate.

Shut up. Go rally losers somewhere else. This is cag, save money on a hobby we like to do. End of story. You sound like a ignorant teen or college kid because everything in life has microstransactions. I bought a saw to see the ending of a deck I was building but I had to buy saw blades to unlock that ending. I bought a lamp to see the ending of a lit up fucking room but I keep having to buy bulbs.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your philosophy 101 class or trying to save your moms money but none of your nonsense belongs here.

#41 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3760 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

Best deal yet on Bioshock.

#42 Stickboy46   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Stickboy46

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Blah blah blah...
You've successfully converted zero people in this thread with your rant so you can shut up any time now.

#43 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

Ugh, just got around to updating payment information for some pre orders under the visa checkout promotion awhile back because my credit card got stolen. Rep assured me the discount would stay then even lied to me and said it did but when I checked it was gone and she refused to do anything about it. Never dealt with such a rude person, best buy customer service is usually decent. I have one other order with mario Odyssey in it that I need to update but now I don't know what to do. Anyone have to do this with their orders?

#44 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13470 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:51 PM

I'm canceling my Battlefront 2 preorder and will wait for a sale.

I'm debating the same and I wish more maps were available but as it stands, I haven't touched beta since day one because of how boring the maps were. Now, sitting here thinking about my experience with BF1 I'm realizing it wasn't just the maps that turned me off, it was their entire design philosophy from lack of vehicles in assault to feeling like only the best teams are rewarded with heroes and exp. I was unable to play as a hero even once in 3-4 hours of playing. I got to play a droid aerial unit once and it was mind-blowing just how big of an impact they make (although using the jetpacks indoors is incredibly useless/impossible to control correctly).

Part of me wants to like it and be there for the first month when it's active but deep down I know if I already feel this way from a first impression, it won't change with the full game. Gotta either accept it, or just move on.

#45 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

Shut up. Go rally losers somewhere else. This is cag, save money on a hobby we like to do. End of story. You sound like a ignorant teen or college kid because everything in life has microstransactions. I bought a saw to see the ending of a deck I was building but I had to buy saw blades to unlock that ending. I bought a lamp to see the ending of a lit up fucking room but I keep having to buy bulbs.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your philosophy 101 class or trying to save your moms money but none of your nonsense belongs here.

Cheers to this! This is CAG, take this crap conversation to IGN or something. Mods need to delete your shit, you’re high jacking the forum with this opinionated garbage.

#46 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

Ugh, just got around to updating payment information for some pre orders under the visa checkout promotion awhile back because my credit card got stolen. Rep assured me the discount would stay then even lied to me and said it did but when I checked it was gone and she refused to do anything about it. Never dealt with such a rude person, best buy customer service is usually decent. I have one other order with mario Odyssey in it that I need to update but now I don't know what to do. Anyone have to do this with their orders?

I had the same thing happen with my CC. I went on the Visa Checkout website and changed my card info on there. My hope is that it will go through when Bestbuy hits up my VC account when Mario comes out but we’ll see. I too have quite a few more games tied to those promos. Red Dead 2, God of War 4, Mario Odyssey, Detroit, & Days Gone.

#47 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3760 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

I noticed Batman return to Arkham is only $19.99 before GCU. Looks like a permanent price drop.

#48 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

I had the same thing happen with my CC. I went on the Visa Checkout website and changed my card info on there. My hope is that it will go through when Bestbuy hits up my VC account when Mario comes out but we’ll see. I too have quite a few more games tied to those promos. Red Dead 2, God of War 4, Mario Odyssey, Detroit, & Days Gone.

Yeah I updated on visa checkout but on my order page on best buy it shows the old card number still.

#49 MutantMike  

MutantMike

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

Are there limits to how many $10 certificates I can get with a game? I'm going to be pre ordering 3 Marios and thought about placing 3 separate orders for them

#50 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2654 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

Are there limits to how many $10 certificates I can get with a game? I'm going to be pre ordering 3 Marios and thought about placing 3 separate orders for them

Only one.

#51 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3012 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:58 AM

Speaking of visa checkout, I hope they do another promotion soon. They canceled my Project Octopath Traveler shortly after the preorder went up months ago, but now the game has been relisted. It'd be nice to get some Switch games for less than MSRP with GCU.

#52 MrHyde   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:27 AM

Spyder up in here like Michael Shannon in Take Shelter.

THERE’S A STORM COMING! ONE LIKE YOU’VE NEVER SEEN! MICROTRANSACTIONS ARE COMING!

#53 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3466 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

Picking up WWE 2K18 on Friday. I want Shadow of War, but feel like it will go on sale for Black Friday and I can wait to pick it since I have no idea when I will be able to get around to playing with everything else coming out. 

#54 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

Only one.

Does that statement ring true if I pre ordered 1 copy of FIFA for Switch and 1 copy for PS4 too? Thanks

#55 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2654 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

Does that statement ring true if I pre ordered 1 copy of FIFA for Switch and 1 copy for PS4 too? Thanks

Yes. It's per title, not per platform.

#56 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2842 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

I noticed in my BB my offers there is a $5 off 29.99 video game purchase, but the only thing that sucks is I don't think it will stack with GCU 20%.  

#57 Blackthorne1129   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Blackthorne1129

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:32 PM

I noticed in my BB my offers there is a $5 off 29.99 video game purchase, but the only thing that sucks is I don't think it will stack with GCU 20%.  

It will not online.  It will in store, once you confirm your info at the register, it should pop up on their screen with offers.  It works for any title 29.99 + before GCU kicks in.  Understand though it will only work as a $4 discount due to GCU.

#58 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:52 PM

i think what's more troubling is the bogus $80 play 3 days early deluxe editions, could be the start of $80 msrp

#59 Ness3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:59 PM

Do you still get the $10 rewards cert if you preorder Shadow of War right now?

Edit: Looks like it still comes with the ring but it doesnt add to the cart...

#60 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:04 AM

Do you still get the $10 rewards cert if you preorder Shadow of War right now?

Edit: Looks like it still comes with the ring but it doesnt add to the cart...

Crap. I totally forgot about the ring. Bet we are s.o.l now.