* - - - - 1 votes

Zelda BOTW Explorer's Edition and Link Edition 2DS System Thread

#91 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1586 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:42 AM

I'm still confused as to why this Explorer Edition doesn't include the season pass content? But, then I remembered... #BecauseNintendo

#92 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

Amazon updated the arrival date to November 28.

#93 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:44 PM

https://www.ebay.com...-/142586172617?

Seems slightly sketchy but I went for it. I’ll probably cancel my target preorder for full price once I confirm this will actually ship. They were selling them for only 45 but now they are 50. Good luck!

#94 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

Seems slightly sketchy but I went for it. I’ll probably cancel my target preorder for full price once I confirm this will actually ship. They were selling them for only 45 but now they are 50. Good luck!

Yeah, based on the feedback, I would say this is a quick cash grab. So be ready to deal with Ebay and Paypal, as I doubt this will ship, EVER!

#95 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

Enjoy your invisible explorer's edition.

#96 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:48 PM

Well I only see one old negative feedback and they have been a member since 2010. It’s possible someone highjacked their account though.

#97 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20132 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

Well I only see one old negative feedback and they have been a member since 2010. It’s possible someone highjacked their account though.

https://contact.ebay...argainsandgoods

#98 tonyvx  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:46 AM

Other account's feedback seems solid as well. Not much video game content, though.

They're also selling a ton of copies of Pokemon Moon, which they also have photos of. Whether real or not, is very sketchy.

#99 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:10 AM

This reeks of a hacked account. Good feedback, but none recently. Been a member a long time. Selling something or a price thats way too good to be true.

#100 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

Target shipped my Explorers Edition, says Nov 30th delivery.

#101 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3955 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:04 AM

Same here. Didn’t know it was possible for FedEx to drive that slow

#102 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1376 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

I'm still confused as to why this Explorer Edition doesn't include the season pass content? But, then I remembered... #BecauseNintendo

I'd be all over it if it had the additional content but since I have it for Wii U and am 25 shrines in guess I'll pass because I just can't see much if any difference in the Wii U version which don't shock me because the Wii U has some of the best graphics I've seen even compared to some of the best PS4 games. 3D world is just a work of art.

#103 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1376 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

Including Ocarina of time 3D with a special edition 2D system is like offering a Super V12 edition Lambo with a 4 cylinder.

#104 Indarkened  

Indarkened

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:03 PM

Target shipped my Explorers Edition, says Nov 30th delivery.

Mine says 27-30th have shipped yet though so likely the 30th.

#105 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

the Wii U has some of the best graphics I've seen even compared to some of the best PS4 games. 3D world is just a work of art.

Uhhhhhhh..........

Are you honestly saying that the Wii-U stands toe-to-toe with PlayStation 4 in terms of graphics?

I mean; you're allowed to have an opinion and all, but what PlayStation 4 games are you playing?

#106 NeoMonk  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

I don't remember placing a target order for the explorers edition... oh well, guess I'm getting one since it shipped.

#107 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:15 AM

Uhhhhhhh..........

Are you honestly saying that the Wii-U stands toe-to-toe with PlayStation 4 in terms of graphics?

I mean; you're allowed to have an opinion and all, but what PlayStation 4 games are you playing?

That comment has to be troll bate, incredibly uninformed, or so biased that objective reality has literally ceased to exist. It's best that we don't ask for more detail. Lol

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

#108 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:33 PM

That comment has to be troll bate, incredibly uninformed, or so biased that objective reality has literally ceased to exist. It's best that we don't ask for more detail. Lol

ROFL!

#109 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1376 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

Uhhhhhhh..........

Yes I honestly am. Bayonetta 2 & Mario 3D world are 2 of the best looking games I've seen. As much as I love my PS4 I just have to call it as I see it. I don't let the hardware specs blind me to what I'm actually seeing. Best looking PS4 game I've played is the last of us remastered & bound out of a library of hundreds of games . Knack, even though a launch game, looks great showcasing the ps4 hardware but still 3D world looks better.

BTW, I almost forgot about BOTW on Wii U. Wii U standing up to the switch for the most part it's just so optimized for games specs don't mean much these days. A game like that proves it more than anything. Wii U was definitely getting the most out of that 2 gigs of ram ( really 1 gig only used for games, other gig is for the operating system ) if they ever get the switch as optimized for games as the wii u then we are in for a real treat. Odyssey now holds the crown in my eyes for best looking game I've ever seen edging out 3D world.

#110 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

Including Ocarina of time 3D with a special edition 2D system is like offering a Super V12 edition Lambo with a 4 cylinder.

Ocarina of Time 3D is still a fine game without the stereoscopic display and is essentially a remaster of the original game. Plenty of quality of life improvements in there.

#111 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1376 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

Ocarina of Time 3D is still a fine game without the stereoscopic display and is essentially a remaster of the original game. Plenty of quality of life improvements in there.

Absolutely but still yet 3D is part of the title of the included game just as a Lambo with a 4 cylinder would still be a nice car & badged with Super Lambo V12. It's just a very strange marketing choice but sort of makes me want one to put up to look back and laugh at one day. 

#112 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

Yes I honestly am. Bayonetta 2 & Mario 3D world are 2 of the best looking games I've seen. As much as I love my PS4 I just have to call it as I see it. I don't let the hardware specs blind me to what I'm actually seeing. Best looking PS4 game I've played is the last of us remastered & bound out of a library of hundreds of games . Knack, even though a launch game, looks great showcasing the ps4 hardware but still 3D world looks better.

BTW, I almost forgot about BOTW on Wii U. Wii U standing up to the switch for the most part it's just so optimized for games specs don't mean much these days. A game like that proves it more than anything. Wii U was definitely getting the most out of that 2 gigs of ram ( really 1 gig only used for games, other gig is for the operating system ) if they ever get the switch as optimized for games as the wii u then we are in for a real treat. Odyssey now holds the crown in my eyes for best looking game I've ever seen edging out 3D world.

...Andddddd Troll confirmed!

#113 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

Enjoy your invisible explorer's edition.

Doesn't look invisible to me.  It actually arrived much quicker than my Target order too.

zelda ee.jpg

#114 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:39 PM

Doesn't look invisible to me. It actually arrived much quicker than my Target order too.

I certainly did NOT see that coming. Good deal and glad it actually arrived for you.

Question: is this in a good quality box or flimsy thin cardboard like the Fire Emblem Warriors CE?

#115 Mighty Beck  

Mighty Beck

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:41 PM

Doesn't look invisible to me.  It actually arrived much quicker than my Target order too.

zelda ee.jpg

Gonna post an unboxing video for us? Of that piece of cardboard?

#116 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

I certainly did NOT see that coming. Good deal and glad it actually arrived for you.

Question: is this in a good quality box or flimsy thin cardboard like the Fire Emblem Warriors CE?

Thanks, I agree it was a risky move but I figured ebay/PP would give me back my money if the guy tried to rip me off.  $50 was a good price but not too unbelievable IMO.  I don't plan on opening it anytime soon but the cardboard is very thin.  It's the same exact type of box used for Star Fox and Mario Maker for the Wii U.  It was actually mailed in a padded envelope so I'm lucky it didn't get beat up too bad.  

On another note - has any word come out if this is truly limited or not?  I see Amazon and Target are sold out of preorders and Best Buy still says coming soon.  Target already shipped my order (full price) so I'm trying to decide if I should return it (if it's not limited) or just hang onto it to trade later on for something I miss out on.

#117 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:06 AM

When I traded in my AC origins today at gamestop the clerk said that you can't pre order Explorers but they will sell it thursday and that store had over 40 copies so it shouldn't be that hard to get a copy.  I imagine it'll go online at best buy sometime wed/thu as well, with GCU that's a better choice ($48), either way I don't imagine its gonna be that hard to get a copy and it should hopefully drive the used prices down at gamestop/etc.

#118 ttocshsoj   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:16 AM

Asked my local store about the 2DS tonight and was told they only have 3. Not looking good for my chances of getting one of them.

#119 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11366 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:21 AM

If you wants Green 2DS you must go to  your local Bestbuy. I sure every bestbuy have atleast 75 units per store. Good luck :)

#120 JeriKu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

My Amazon order of the BOTW shipped today.. Lacking the 20% discount.

Reached out to customer service and they advised the discount was not supposed to be included.

Fortunately, last month I spoke with a guy who assured me the discount would be applied. Amazon was able to locate the chat log and they will be applying the discount.

Win.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk