Zelda BOTW Explorer's Edition and Link Edition 2DS System Thread

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Both will release November 23 - https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/deals/

Zelda BOTW Explorer's Edition - $60

Includes the game, a two-sided map, and an Explorer’s Guide with lore and learnings from the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game

Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Breath-Explorers-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B076R399XR/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&qid=1509569538&ref_=sxts_1&sr=1&tag=cheapassgam08-20&th=1

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-explorers-edition-nintendo-switch/6135026.p?skuId=6135026&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-NhK4plsVY.kH4p2X1oFCLw

Target - https://www.target.com/p/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-explorer-s-edition-nintendo-switch/-/A-53079856#lnk=sametab

Walmart - https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Explorer-s-Edition-Limited-Edition-Nintendo-Switch/525198442?u1=9becfb7ccfff11e7b2626a27e9b9ae100INT&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY&sourceid=22534023053993903646&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

-------

Link Edition 2DS System - $80

Includes Nintendo 2DS system, AC adapter and pre-installed version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Target - https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-2ds-link-edition-with-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/-/A-52840833#lnk=sametab

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-nintendo-2ds-with-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/5748101.p?skuId=5748101

Walmart - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-2DS-System-with-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-3D/430278558?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=28063252443759754039&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gamestop - https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-2ds-link-edition-with-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/155991?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-2_zHd_YDAeH_ftvJz61iIA

2ds-link-edition-img.png

botw-explorer-edition-img.png

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Explorers-Edition-Nintendo-Switch-/142586172617?
Seems slightly sketchy but I went for it. I’ll probably cancel my target preorder for full price once I confirm this will actually ship. They were selling them for only 45 but now they are 50. Good luck!
This reeks of a hacked account. Good feedback, but none recently. Been a member a long time. Selling something or a price thats way too good to be true.

I'm still confused as to why this Explorer Edition doesn't include the season pass content? But, then I remembered... #BecauseNintendo
I'd be all over it if it had the additional content but since I have it for Wii U and am 25 shrines in guess I'll pass because I just can't see much if any difference in the Wii U version which don't shock me because the Wii U has some of the best graphics I've seen even compared to some of the best PS4 games. 3D world is just a work of art.

Including Ocarina of time 3D with a special edition 2D system is like offering a Super V12 edition Lambo with a 4 cylinder.

the Wii U has some of the best graphics I've seen even compared to some of the best PS4 games. 3D world is just a work of art.
Uhhhhhhh..........

Are you honestly saying that the Wii-U stands toe-to-toe with PlayStation 4 in terms of graphics?

I mean; you're allowed to have an opinion and all, but what PlayStation 4 games are you playing?

I don't remember placing a target order for the explorers edition... oh well, guess I'm getting one since it shipped.

Uhhhhhhh..........

Are you honestly saying that the Wii-U stands toe-to-toe with PlayStation 4 in terms of graphics?

I mean; you're allowed to have an opinion and all, but what PlayStation 4 games are you playing?
That comment has to be troll bate, incredibly uninformed, or so biased that objective reality has literally ceased to exist. It's best that we don't ask for more detail. Lol

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Uhhhhhhh..........

Yes I honestly am. Bayonetta 2 & Mario 3D world are 2 of the best looking games I've seen. As much as I love my PS4 I just have to call it as I see it. I don't let the hardware specs blind me to what I'm actually seeing. Best looking PS4 game I've played is the last of us remastered & bound out of a library of hundreds of games . Knack, even though a launch game, looks great showcasing the ps4 hardware but still 3D world looks better.

BTW, I almost forgot about BOTW on Wii U. Wii U standing up to the switch for the most part it's just so optimized for games specs don't mean much these days. A game like that proves it more than anything. Wii U was definitely getting the most out of that 2 gigs of ram ( really 1 gig only used for games, other gig is for the operating system ) if they ever get the switch as optimized for games as the wii u then we are in for a real treat. Odyssey now holds the crown in my eyes for best looking game I've ever seen edging out 3D world.

Including Ocarina of time 3D with a special edition 2D system is like offering a Super V12 edition Lambo with a 4 cylinder.
Ocarina of Time 3D is still a fine game without the stereoscopic display and is essentially a remaster of the original game. Plenty of quality of life improvements in there.

Ocarina of Time 3D is still a fine game without the stereoscopic display and is essentially a remaster of the original game. Plenty of quality of life improvements in there.
Absolutely but still yet 3D is part of the title of the included game just as a Lambo with a 4 cylinder would still be a nice car & badged with Super Lambo V12. It's just a very strange marketing choice but sort of makes me want one to put up to look back and laugh at one day.

Yes I honestly am. Bayonetta 2 & Mario 3D world are 2 of the best looking games I've seen. As much as I love my PS4 I just have to call it as I see it. I don't let the hardware specs blind me to what I'm actually seeing. Best looking PS4 game I've played is the last of us remastered & bound out of a library of hundreds of games . Knack, even though a launch game, looks great showcasing the ps4 hardware but still 3D world looks better.

BTW, I almost forgot about BOTW on Wii U. Wii U standing up to the switch for the most part it's just so optimized for games specs don't mean much these days. A game like that proves it more than anything. Wii U was definitely getting the most out of that 2 gigs of ram ( really 1 gig only used for games, other gig is for the operating system ) if they ever get the switch as optimized for games as the wii u then we are in for a real treat. Odyssey now holds the crown in my eyes for best looking game I've ever seen edging out 3D world.

...Andddddd Troll confirmed!

Doesn't look invisible to me. It actually arrived much quicker than my Target order too.
I certainly did NOT see that coming. Good deal and glad it actually arrived for you.

Question: is this in a good quality box or flimsy thin cardboard like the Fire Emblem Warriors CE?

I certainly did NOT see that coming. Good deal and glad it actually arrived for you.

Question: is this in a good quality box or flimsy thin cardboard like the Fire Emblem Warriors CE?
Thanks, I agree it was a risky move but I figured ebay/PP would give me back my money if the guy tried to rip me off. $50 was a good price but not too unbelievable IMO. I don't plan on opening it anytime soon but the cardboard is very thin. It's the same exact type of box used for Star Fox and Mario Maker for the Wii U. It was actually mailed in a padded envelope so I'm lucky it didn't get beat up too bad.

On another note - has any word come out if this is truly limited or not? I see Amazon and Target are sold out of preorders and Best Buy still says coming soon. Target already shipped my order (full price) so I'm trying to decide if I should return it (if it's not limited) or just hang onto it to trade later on for something I miss out on.

When I traded in my AC origins today at gamestop the clerk said that you can't pre order Explorers but they will sell it thursday and that store had over 40 copies so it shouldn't be that hard to get a copy.  I imagine it'll go online at best buy sometime wed/thu as well, with GCU that's a better choice ($48), either way I don't imagine its gonna be that hard to get a copy and it should hopefully drive the used prices down at gamestop/etc.

My Amazon order of the BOTW shipped today.. Lacking the 20% discount.

Reached out to customer service and they advised the discount was not supposed to be included.

Fortunately, last month I spoke with a guy who assured me the discount would be applied. Amazon was able to locate the chat log and they will be applying the discount.

Win.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sorry don't feel like reading through the old posts.........what is the reason why amazon would refund 20%? Was it removed from the preorder? I just need some ammo before starting the chat:)

Sorry don't feel like reading through the old posts.........what is the reason why amazon would refund 20%? Was it removed from the preorder? I just need some ammo before starting the chat:)
It was never officially added(or at least shouldn't have been), although it was for a short time. But they don't offer it anymore for SE/CE. So for those who ordered early enough, they added the 20%, but then took it away. So some people contacted them, and like always, it's a YMMV type deal. So some got them to offer it after the fact, while others didn't. All you can do is try, as CS is all over the map.

I got a free copy of Mario Odyssey a few weeks ago. My recent order of Axiom Verge arrived damaged, so I put in for a replacement, and they contacted me out of the blue, and said sorry. New ones are on the way, and you can keep or throw out your damaged ones. So my new ones will be here tomorrow, and I'm just going to keep the best one of the bunch, and return the other, while keeping the other two original ones.

It was never officially added(or at least shouldn't have been), although it was for a short time. But they don't offer it anymore for SE/CE. So for those who ordered early enough, they added the 20%, but then took it away. So some people contacted them, and like always, it's a YMMV type deal. So some got them to offer it after the fact, while others didn't. All you can do is try, as CS is all over the map.

I got a free copy of Mario Odyssey a few weeks ago. My recent order of Axiom Verge arrived damaged, so I put in for a replacement, and they contacted me out of the blue, and said sorry. New ones are on the way, and you can keep or throw out your damaged ones. So my new ones will be here tomorrow, and I'm just going to keep the best one of the bunch, and return the other, while keeping the other two original ones.
thank you......will give it a try

Just got Zelda at Walmart. Maybe I’ll try with GCU and return the Walmart copy if need be. (I have rewards points with B.B.)

Emailed Amazon about the 20% prime discount. I didn't even notice it wasn't applied to my order since I ordered quickly when it went live. That would suck if they won't refund the $12 since I could have ordered at Walmart or even Target with redcard and gotten it cheaper.

Walmart's Explorer Edition came up as $29 each? Guessing they'll cancel them or something? Ordered with other stuff so hopefully they don't cancel everything

37877035474_03b912462b_b.jpg

Walmart's Explorer Edition came up as $29 each? Guessing they'll cancel them or something? Ordered with other stuff so hopefully they don't cancel everything

37877035474_03b912462b_b.jpg
Did the price change after you made your order? I was refreshing that page and only saw that price after it was out of stock.

Did the price change after you made your order? I was refreshing that page and only saw that price after it was out of stock.
Added 1 to my cart at $59.99, went to checkout, saw it was now $29, edited to 2 because why not and checked out. Must've been a small window but may not be a good thing if they decide to cancel the whole order over it.

No go on the 20% prime discount from a few Amazon reps. Collector editions aren't included in the discount and the faq does show this. Probably will return it. Ordered one from walmart instead.

Gone again. I'd honestly rather have gotten an order in at $49 to be sure they wouldn't cancel. Was pretty slick of Best Buy to wait until those were sold out at the biggest competition so they could remove the GCU discount.

Got an order in at Walmart. Ordering a copy from Best Buy (if the website would load...) just to be on the safe side in case Walmart cancels. I'm just going to do a return/rebuy to get GCU on the explorer edition once it comes in. Unless they disallow this now?

bread's done
Back