• :switch: Ben 10 $29.99
  • :switch: Ittle Dew 2+ $29.99
New Releases Available Friday:

• :xb1: :ps4: Star Wars Battlefront II $59.99
  • :ps4: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR $59.99
  • :switch: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $59.99
  • :3ds: Pokémon Ultra Sun $39.99
  • :3ds: Pokémon Ultra Moon $39.99
  • :3ds: Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon Veteran Trainer's Dual Pack $79.99
Game Deals:

• :ps4: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX $24.99 Save $15
  • :ps4: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age $34.99 Save $15
  • :switch: Super Bomberman R $39.99 Save $10
Everything Else:

• PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront II Console Bundle $449.99 (Available Tuesday)
  • PlayStation 4 1TB Star Wars Battlefront II Bundle $299.99 (Available Friday)
  • Nintendo New Galaxy Style New Nintendo 3DS XL $174.99 Save $25
  • Xbox One S 500GB Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels Console Bundle $249.99 Save $30
  • Free Game $29.99-$59.99 with Xbox One S Consoles (Excludes Xbox One X, Valid 11/3-11/18)
  • Save $10 on a 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on a 3 or 6 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership with purchase of an Xbox One Wireless Controller
  • Save $20 on an Xbox One Wireless Controller with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Turtle Beach RECON 150 Wired Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4 $49.99 Save $20
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Atomic Blonde $19.99
  • Atomic Blonde 4K $22.99
  • Atomic Blonde 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $27.99
  • Amityville: The Awakening $14.99 Save $2
  • Brigsby Bear $17.99 Save $7
  • In This Corner of the World $11.99 Save $3
  • Wind River $19.99 Save $3
  • Doctor Who: Season Ten $65.99 Save $14
  • Preacher: Season Two $27.99 Save $4

Last edited by a moderator:
 After watching a bunch of footage, I am now sold on Skyrim VR and will be buying the game yet again. I also want the Switch version, but I will hold off on that one for awhile. The VR experience should give me a reason to spend some quality time with my PSVR. 

Kingdom Hearts with GCU = BF price
Any chance there will be elite early access and GCU will apply to BF?
Cyber Monday should hopefully work again if the game is included in that

Nah. GCU won't work for anything considered to be part of the Black Friday ad and that includes Early Access. Should be fine for Cyber Monday though.

Why is Batman on Switch $40 when it originally sold for $25 on the other consoles? Even the retail version was only $30

Nah. GCU won't work for anything considered to be part of the Black Friday ad and that includes Early Access. Should be fine for Cyber Monday though.
So, roll the dice and hold off for Cyber Monday then? I feel like not as many games were on sale CM last year compared with BF.

Anyone willing to let me use their gcu so I can rack some points for you message me, would really appreciate it.

So, roll the dice and hold off for Cyber Monday then? I feel like not as many games were on sale CM last year compared with BF.
Just buy it now and either keep it sealed or enjoy it. If it’s cheaper on Cyber Monday just buy it again and return it with your receipt from buying it now.

Well, at least HZD and Uncharted:TLL worked with GCU during early Black Friday access for everyone. That was a pleasant surprise. Maybe they will have more/different BF specials available next week as well.

Why is Batman on Switch $40 when it originally sold for $25 on the other consoles? Even the retail version was only $30
They are charging more because cartridges cost more than discs to manufacture. From what I can see they won't go above 59.99 but everything else is fair game to be $10 more expensive than on other consoles or digital.

Yeah but look at that Ben 10 game. It's $30 on all three platforms. Never heard of Outright Games but good on them for eating the likely $2 more it costs to make a cartridge in order to have price parity. It's either that or they are overcharging for the PS4/XB1 version. :D

They are charging more because cartridges cost more than discs to manufacture. From what I can see they won't go above 59.99 but everything else is fair game to be $10 more expensive than on other consoles or digital.
Doesn't Nintendo sell them for the same price digital?
If they announced that this was the reasoning but then sold it for the same price as PS4/XB1 digitally, I wouldn't mind so much

Doesn't Nintendo sell them for the same price digital?
If they announced that this was the reasoning but then sold it for the same price as PS4/XB1 digitally, I wouldn't mind so much
For the most part, yes. I recall something about they have to sell their games at the same price both physically and digitally on the Switch. I think only a few games broke this rule by selling the digital copy cheaper, but got around it by including some extras in their physical copies to make up the price difference.

There were alot of games last year that were cheaper within a few weeks after the Thanksgiving weekend sales because gcu worked with the sale too. If you got a backlog wait cause it will probably be cheaper before New year's. The new Cod always around $30 like the day after xmas

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There were alot of games last year that were cheaper within a few weeks after the Thanksgiving weekend sales because gcu worked with the sale too. If you got a backlog wait cause it will probably be cheaper before New year's. The new Cod always around $30 like the day after xmas
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Exactly. Almost every game I bought at Best Buy last year during Black Friday ended up being a cheaper at some point in December due to a lower price with GCU. The only downside was, personally, I was forced to do multiple return/rebuys because of Best Buy online weirdly applying their "no price matching Black Friday" policy backwards. I tried to argue that it was only for people who bought items prior to Black Friday trying to price match on Black Friday, and I was repeatedly told that it also applied to items bought on BF but on sale for cheaper later.

looks like all lego dimensions sets are 50% off too. just ordered the. Goonies and Beetlejuice sets. im on the fence on the Powerpuff Girls.

Yeah but look at that Ben 10 game. It's $30 on all three platforms. Never heard of Outright Games but good on them for eating the likely $2 more it costs to make a cartridge in order to have price parity. It's either that or they are overcharging for the PS4/XB1 version. :D
I think it has something to do with the size of the game. A larger game like LA Noire will cost more to manufacture on Switch so the publisher charges more. A smaller game like Ben 10 may not cost as much so the publisher doesn't upcharge the Switch version. I could be wrong but I believe I read this somewhere. Either way I have a feeling it will definitely hurt multi-port third party Switch game sales.

No one seems to have said this yet but all of the pre-black friday games that are Black friday pricing are working with GCU.. maybe because it's not yet Black Friday.

I was already considering :ps4: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 for $19 at Walmart on BF. $20 at BB after GCU, and I get to use that $10 cert they randomly sent out the other day, makes this an easy pickup.

Just a sidenote re: Best Buy gift cards -- if you purchase $50 of Best Buy gift cards and have a Plenti card at Rite-Aid, you can receive 800 points to your account which translates to $8 for later use. 

Just a sidenote re: Best Buy gift cards -- if you purchase $50 of Best Buy gift cards and have a Plenti card at Rite-Aid, you can receive 800 points to your account which translates to $8 for later use.
Can you use plenti points toward gift cards at rite aid?

Looks like you can get two of them. Right before BF weekend this will come in handy. So its $16 in free Plenti Points with $100 in BB gift cards. Nice.

Ok, Best Buy's site is being weird.

i went to check my points, and said my password was wrong..

Reset my password, made a new password... still said it was wrong...

Reset it again, same thing.. even after giving it time to reset on the server side.

QmmJ2ZM.png

Ok, Best Buy's site is being weird.

i went to check my points, and said my password was wrong..

Reset my password, made a new password... still said it was wrong...

Reset it again, same thing.. even after giving it time to reset on the server side.

QmmJ2ZM.png
i had a password issue as well. It said my password was wrong but then asked for a new password, after I verified my account. I was able to sign in though, once I set a new password.

No one seems to have said this yet but all of the pre-black friday games that are Black friday pricing are working with GCU.. maybe because it's not yet Black Friday.
They only turn it off for the early access sale next week and the actual ad itself.

This is getting annoying

Every time I try to log into Best Buy, it asked me to change my password.....

I get an error the first time, then it takes me to change my password.. I've changed it 5-6 times now...

QmmJ2ZM.png

Then how did I get Horizons and Uncharted Lost Legacy for 15 bucks each after GCU just a few days ago from the Black Friday Early Access? I then picked up Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age and they applied GCU as well.

Maybe because that isn't Early Access.... Tyrok is right and maybe you should be more considerate to listen to him

Then how did I get Horizons and Uncharted Lost Legacy for 15 bucks each after GCU just a few days ago from the Black Friday Early Access? I then picked up Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age and they applied GCU as well.

So I get to Best Buy with my $10 trade in offer towards my Battlefront 2 pre order (which I only put $5 on so I could use tha coupon) and they say it can’t be combined with Gamers Club unlocked. Is that horse shit I should call them out on? So essentially I gave them a game for next to nothing for the trade in.

So I get to Best Buy with my $10 trade in offer towards my Battlefront 2 pre order (which I only put $5 on so I could use tha coupon) and they say it can’t be combined with Gamers Club unlocked. Is that horse shit I should call them out on? So essentially I gave them a game for next to nothing for the trade in.
Did you preorder the Deluxe Edition? If not, the coupon can only be used when you actually purchase the game and it will work with GCU. The coupon comes off first and then GCU is applied.

Yeah I did and I put only $5 down on it so I could use the code. When he rang me up the price was like $10 more than what it should be and I asked twice nicely why it isn’t taken off and he said that GCU and the coupon don’t combine. It ended up being like 4 times I was told it doesn’t work when I started hinting at it doesn’t make sense. I then asked if I could have my Battlefront copy back that I traded in knowing full well I wouldn’t just hoping it would occur to him how dumb it was that the coupon wouldn’t work. Still nothing gives so I just cancelled my pre order.

I’m not going back to get it now that I won’t be getting the $10 certificate for pre order.

Really didn’t feel like being the b****y customer and dragging it out and making the employee feel awful. I’ve probably spent over $1500 at that Best Buy in the past 12 months (I’m always elite plus); I hope they enjoy not getting my business there anymore.

Then how did I get Horizons and Uncharted Lost Legacy for 15 bucks each after GCU just a few days ago from the Black Friday Early Access?
That wasn't Black Friday Early Access. That was a "Black Friday Preview Sale."

BF Early Access is "Pretty much all the stuff in the ad, minus the doorbusters"

The preview sale was "4 or 5 items from each category, on sale for the same price they'll be on Black Friday"

Yeah I did and I put only $5 down on it so I could use the code. When he rang me up the price was like $10 more than what it should be and I asked twice nicely why it isn’t taken off and he said that GCU and the coupon don’t combine. It ended up being like 4 times I was told it doesn’t work when I started hinting at it doesn’t make sense. I then asked if I could have my Battlefront copy back that I traded in knowing full well I wouldn’t just hoping it would occur to him how dumb it was that the coupon wouldn’t work. Still nothing gives so I just cancelled my pre order.

I’m not going back to get it now that I won’t be getting the $10 certificate for pre order.

Really didn’t feel like being the b****y customer and dragging it out and making the employee feel awful. I’ve probably spent over $1500 at that Best Buy in the past 12 months (I’m always elite plus); I hope they enjoy not getting my business there anymore.
That sucks. Try a chat with BB customer service through the phone app. Usually they can make things right.

Not looking forward to picking up Battlefront at BB Friday.

Maybe because that isn't Early Access.... Tyrok is right and maybe you should be more considerate to listen to him
From the FAQ on GCU in regards to BF pricing stacking with GCU:

"Any early access offers to those promotions are also excluded from combining with the 20% discount."

This is not correct. Horizons and Uncharted Lost Legacy are both BF games and they sold them under an "Early Access" sale. So Best Buy is not fully blocking GCU from stacking. I am not complaining and anyone who sees a good price should jump on early. But if Best Buy and Amazon all of a sudden have the same price on something, I would most definitely get it on Amazon for the fast shipping and incredibly great customer service with no hassle on returns--even on opened software.

So no, I am not going to be "more considerate" when this is just false information. Best Buy is violating the policy they created. Saved me $10 or so.... so I am not complaining though!

"Any early access offers to those promotions are also excluded from combining with the 20% discount."

This is not correct. Horizons and Uncharted Lost Legacy are both BF games and they sold them under an "Early Access" sale. So Best Buy is not fully blocking GCU from stacking. I am not complaining and anyone who sees a good price should jump on early. But if Best Buy and Amazon all of a sudden have the same price on something, I would most definitely get it on Amazon for the fast shipping and incredibly great customer service with no hassle on returns--even on opened software.

So no, I am not going to be "more considerate" when this is just false information. Best Buy is violating the policy they created. Saved me $10 or so.... so I am not complaining though!
Early access starts November 20th which is what it was referring to, which has been made abundantly clear.

it was 3 games that were up for sale early. i dont think best buy cares as opposed to 50 plus games.

TBH you're not missing much. I don't care about the loot crate nonsense going on since I never pay cash anyway, but despite all that they managed to make a shittier BF game than the first one. For all its issues, the first game still managed to feel grand and epic. Now they've reduced the game to a COD-like corridor shooter with awful "rich get richer" design with regards to heroes.

The whole game is just a mess so despite your experience, it was somewhat a blessing in disguise.

bread's done
Back