* - - - - 2 votes

Best Buy Ad 11/12-11/18

#31 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4153 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

Ok, Best Buy's site is being weird.

i went to check my points, and said my password was wrong..

Reset my password, made a new password... still said it was wrong...

Reset it again, same thing.. even after giving it time to reset on the server side.

QmmJ2ZM.png

#32 anarchyburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

anarchyburger

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:45 PM

Ok, Best Buy's site is being weird.

i went to check my points, and said my password was wrong..

Reset my password, made a new password... still said it was wrong...

Reset it again, same thing.. even after giving it time to reset on the server side.

QmmJ2ZM.png

i had a password issue as well. It said my password was wrong but then asked for a new password, after I verified my account. I was able to sign in though, once I set a new password.

GameCenter/Words with Friends: Rjsanchez88
Steam: AnrchyBurgr8t8
Origin(BF3): anarchyburger8t8
Feel free to add me, let me know you're a fellow CAG
Posted Image

#33 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4153 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

i had a password issue as well. It said my password was wrong but then asked for a new password, after I verified my account. I was able to sign in though, once I set a new password.

I set the new password, problem kept popping up, giving it a bit to reset.

#34 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1639 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

No one seems to have said this yet but all of the pre-black friday games that are Black friday pricing are working with GCU.. maybe because it's not yet Black Friday.

They only turn it off for the early access sale next week and the actual ad itself.

#35 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4153 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:47 PM

This is getting annoying

Every time I try to log into Best Buy, it asked me to change my password.....

I get an error the first time, then it takes me to change my password.. I've changed it 5-6 times now...

QmmJ2ZM.png

#36 kahleeb   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

Nah. GCU won't work for anything considered to be part of the Black Friday ad and that includes Early Access. Should be fine for Cyber Monday though.

Then how did I get Horizons and Uncharted Lost Legacy for 15 bucks each after GCU just a few days ago from the Black Friday Early Access?  I then picked up Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age and they applied GCU as well.

#37 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

Maybe because that isn't Early Access.... Tyrok is right and maybe you should be more considerate to listen to him

Then how did I get Horizons and Uncharted Lost Legacy for 15 bucks each after GCU just a few days ago from the Black Friday Early Access? I then picked up Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age and they applied GCU as well.

#38 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

So I get to Best Buy with my $10 trade in offer towards my Battlefront 2 pre order (which I only put $5 on so I could use tha coupon) and they say it can’t be combined with Gamers Club unlocked. Is that horse shit I should call them out on? So essentially I gave them a game for next to nothing for the trade in.

#39 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:22 PM

So I get to Best Buy with my $10 trade in offer towards my Battlefront 2 pre order (which I only put $5 on so I could use tha coupon) and they say it can’t be combined with Gamers Club unlocked. Is that horse shit I should call them out on? So essentially I gave them a game for next to nothing for the trade in.

Did you preorder the Deluxe Edition? If not, the coupon can only be used when you actually purchase the game and it will work with GCU. The coupon comes off first and then GCU is applied.

#40 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

Yeah I did and I put only $5 down on it so I could use the code. When he rang me up the price was like $10 more than what it should be and I asked twice nicely why it isn’t taken off and he said that GCU and the coupon don’t combine. It ended up being like 4 times I was told it doesn’t work when I started hinting at it doesn’t make sense. I then asked if I could have my Battlefront copy back that I traded in knowing full well I wouldn’t just hoping it would occur to him how dumb it was that the coupon wouldn’t work. Still nothing gives so I just cancelled my pre order.

I’m not going back to get it now that I won’t be getting the $10 certificate for pre order.

Really didn’t feel like being the b****y customer and dragging it out and making the employee feel awful. I’ve probably spent over $1500 at that Best Buy in the past 12 months (I’m always elite plus); I hope they enjoy not getting my business there anymore.

#41 Touch3  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

Then how did I get Horizons and Uncharted Lost Legacy for 15 bucks each after GCU just a few days ago from the Black Friday Early Access?  

That wasn't Black Friday Early Access.  That was a "Black Friday Preview Sale."

BF Early Access is "Pretty much all the stuff in the ad, minus the doorbusters"

The preview sale was "4 or 5 items from each category, on sale for the same price they'll be on Black Friday"

#42 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

Man, these publishers can Fuck right off with this 20$ more for an edition coming out 3 days early

#43 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1554 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:27 AM

Yeah I did and I put only $5 down on it so I could use the code. When he rang me up the price was like $10 more than what it should be and I asked twice nicely why it isn’t taken off and he said that GCU and the coupon don’t combine. It ended up being like 4 times I was told it doesn’t work when I started hinting at it doesn’t make sense. I then asked if I could have my Battlefront copy back that I traded in knowing full well I wouldn’t just hoping it would occur to him how dumb it was that the coupon wouldn’t work. Still nothing gives so I just cancelled my pre order.

I’m not going back to get it now that I won’t be getting the $10 certificate for pre order.

Really didn’t feel like being the b****y customer and dragging it out and making the employee feel awful. I’ve probably spent over $1500 at that Best Buy in the past 12 months (I’m always elite plus); I hope they enjoy not getting my business there anymore.

That sucks. Try a chat with BB customer service through the phone app. Usually they can make things right.

Not looking forward to picking up Battlefront at BB Friday.

#44 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   323 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:35 AM

For those of you stuck in a password reset loop, you gotta call support and have them reset your account.

#45 kahleeb   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:02 AM

Maybe because that isn't Early Access.... Tyrok is right and maybe you should be more considerate to listen to him

From the FAQ on GCU in regards to BF pricing stacking with GCU:

"Any early access offers to those promotions are also excluded from combining with the 20% discount."

This is not correct. Horizons and Uncharted Lost Legacy are both BF games and they sold them under an "Early Access" sale. So Best Buy is not fully blocking GCU from stacking. I am not complaining and anyone who sees a good price should jump on early. But if Best Buy and Amazon all of a sudden have the same price on something, I would most definitely get it on Amazon for the fast shipping and incredibly great customer service with no hassle on returns--even on opened software.

So no, I am not going to be "more considerate" when this is just false information. Best Buy is violating the policy they created. Saved me $10 or so.... so I am not complaining though!

#46 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

"Any early access offers to those promotions are also excluded from combining with the 20% discount."

This is not correct. Horizons and Uncharted Lost Legacy are both BF games and they sold them under an "Early Access" sale. So Best Buy is not fully blocking GCU from stacking. I am not complaining and anyone who sees a good price should jump on early. But if Best Buy and Amazon all of a sudden have the same price on something, I would most definitely get it on Amazon for the fast shipping and incredibly great customer service with no hassle on returns--even on opened software.

So no, I am not going to be "more considerate" when this is just false information. Best Buy is violating the policy they created. Saved me $10 or so.... so I am not complaining though!

Early access starts November 20th which is what it was referring to, which has been made abundantly clear.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#47 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   7936 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:24 AM

it was 3 games that were up for sale early. i dont think best buy cares as opposed to 50 plus games.

#48 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13050 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

TBH you're not missing much. I don't care about the loot crate nonsense going on since I never pay cash anyway, but despite all that they managed to make a shittier BF game than the first one. For all its issues, the first game still managed to feel grand and epic. Now they've reduced the game to a COD-like corridor shooter with awful "rich get richer" design with regards to heroes.

The whole game is just a mess so despite your experience, it was somewhat a blessing in disguise.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#49 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

The dingdongs at Best Buy just sent me two copies of the Harry Potter 4K collection when I only ordered one. Thanks, dongs!

#50 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5585 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:26 PM

The dingdongs at Best Buy just sent me two copies of the Harry Potter 4K collection when I only ordered one. Thanks, dongs!

That's very kind of you to send the second copy to me. I really appreciate it.

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

Battle.net BattleTag: Zsaber#11913

PSN: Zsaber64

#51 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:24 PM

That's very kind of you to send the second copy to me. I really appreciate it.

I already donated it to the Weasleys.

#52 Boondock Saint   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Boondock Saint

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:41 PM

Is there a spreadsheet for Best Buy Trade in values? For whatever reason, FIFA 18 isn't showing up as a trade in title on their website, which doesn't make sense considering they have the TIV's for FIFA games from ten years ago. 

Contemplating trading in my switch copy of FIFA so I can grab Mario for the weekend. 

#53 Touch3  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:08 PM

Is there a spreadsheet for Best Buy Trade in values? For whatever reason, FIFA 18 isn't showing up as a trade in title on their website, which doesn't make sense considering they have the TIV's for FIFA games from ten years ago. 

Contemplating trading in my switch copy of FIFA so I can grab Mario for the weekend. 

If it's not on the trade-in section of the site, that means they (probably) haven't added it to their system yet.  I've seen some people report that the in-store system was able to find a game that the website didn't have, but YMMV.

It can take them 2 days to 2 months to add a game.  For example, they had Xbone Destiny 2 up on the trade in site a few days after release, but it took weeks before the PS4 version showed up.

#54 scrapen  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

For future reference when using trade-in coupons all you have to do is put $5 down before release date to guarantee your $10 in reward certs.  You don't use the coupon until you pick up the game and pay the rest in full.  Also the date is on the coupon for when it's valid as it is usually not valid when you are trading in your game(s).   

Sorry for your luck but I just wanted to clarify this for those who may have the same questions or concerns.