- - - - -

GGT 364 is ready for the Holidays!

#31 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15432 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:59 PM

Jesus Christ, why is this still not run through? GGT BEST ON CAG!

#32 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40062 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:34 PM

Cuz discord

#33 panzerfaust  

panzerfaust

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:15 AM

i need that discord link

#34 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15432 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:35 AM

The GGT is consistently the best thread on CAG that doesn’t star FriskyTanuki!

Its impact lasts on the site to this day and baby, let me tell you that their ain’t no brakes on this train.

#35 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40062 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:36 AM

Can't wait for the holidays. Only a few months away!

#36 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15432 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:12 PM

Can't wait for the holidays. Only a few months away!

The constant new stream of GGT's need to stop. There's a new one every week it seems. How about double the waiting time before creating a new GGT?

Trying to get through MGS3.

Spoiler 
I sped up time to beat The End, but I have a save before him so I can go back and beat him the right way...without Thermal Goggles.

I have a ways to go, although I'm only 8 hours into it. After beating MGS3, I'll go through MGS2. 

KingBroly finally got what he wished for in GGT 42! It only took roughly a decade to get done!

https://www.cheapass...-42-loves-miku/

Remember when Indignate posted this on GAF?

Does this mean the GGT can finally die?

I do. So sad.

https://www.neogaf.c....1172420/page-3

We even had a GGT on GAF!

https://www.neogaf.c...gaf-now.686733/

But like Damn Daniel, we're back at it again!

This was one of my first GGTs ever. Look at how fun we used to be! Frosty is so grump!

https://www.cheapass...y-kinect/page-1

#37 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3008 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:16 PM

Recently, I've had so little time for gaming, and no time at all for CAG. For the last few months, I think I've come here only a couple of times.

Just got a new PC a couple months ago, and I still haven't installed Discord onto it. Not that I was ever that active there.

I just hate working all the time now. I'm making more money now than I ever have in my life, big stacks of cash in my bank, and no time whatsoever to enjoy. I still buy games and they sit on my shelf waiting for me to have time to play them. Took me two months to finish Mass Effect: Andromeda, and it wasn't worth two months of my small playing time. I've got triple-A games that I haven't played, and I chose crap like ME:A just because I wanted to get it out of the way, when I should have been playing Horizon, or Yakuza Kiwami or a dozen better games in my backlog. 

I really hate having so little time for my hobby. Adulting is terrible, and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Anyway, hay Joel, hay GGT. 

This was one of my first GGTs ever. Look at how fun we used to be! Frosty is so grump!

https://www.cheapass...y-kinect/page-1

Hah! Good read. I just got a PS3 Move bundle then and was so excited to waggle.

#38 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15432 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

I'm in the same place, Krymner. I barely do anything but work anymore. It blows, but hey, making a living is a thing, I guess! I remember those days when we'd waggle so fondly.

#39 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3008 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, waggle was overrated, but I thought it was neat for the first month I tried it. I think I played the Sony sport game that was the Move pack-in about three times before getting rid of it. I played about 15 min of RE5 with a Move controller before returning to the standard dualshock. The only other games I ever played with the Move were the Resident Evil  and Dead Space rail shooters that were originally on Wii but re-released on PS3. After a couple months after purchasing it, I didn't touch a Move controller again until I recently picked up a PSVR.

#40 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15432 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:44 PM

Yeah, waggle was overrated, but I thought it was neat for the first month I tried it. I think I played the Sony sport game that was the Move pack-in about three times before getting rid of it. I played about 15 min of RE5 with a Move controller before returning to the standard dualshock. The only other games I ever played with the Move were the Resident Evil  and Dead Space rail shooters that were originally on Wii but re-released on PS3. After a couple months after purchasing it, I didn't touch a Move controller again until I recently picked up a PSVR.

The only games I played on Move and enjoyed were House of the Dead and Umbrella Chronicles. I wish there was an MGS on rails game for PS3.

So, what is everyone doing for the 4th? Life has been crazy for me so I'm not planning anything except sitting around. 

#41 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3008 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:31 PM

Just barbecue with some friends and family for myself. Then play some games maybe.

I'm planning on seeing Ant Man & Wasp Thurs. night. Really looking forward to seeing that.

Happy 'Murrica day, GGT! I'm ready for the holiday!

#42 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7359 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:20 AM

Hi.

#43 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40062 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:07 AM

Hi

#44 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15432 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:14 PM

Hi! Life has been crazy. We have had a number of bad things happen lately and that's why I've been posting less. 

Life is hard.

I have been playing Fortnite.

#45 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7359 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:21 PM

I live in the states again, so I'll probably remember to actually swing by here more often. The international deals section was preeeeeetty lacking.

How is everyone? Moved onto discord now?

#46 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3008 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

Hi.

Hi.

Hi

Hi.

Hi! Life has been crazy. We have had a number of bad things happen lately and that's why I've been posting less. 

Life is hard.

I have been playing Fortnite.

Hope things get better soon. Trust me, they eventually will. Then they will get crap again. Then better. Then crap. Circle of life.

I'm at a pretty good spot in my life, I just don't have much free time anymore, especially to play video games.

But I have been playing a little Octopath Traveller, Darkest Dungeon, and some dot.Hack/GU. I've also picked up a few cheap PSVR games like Rush of Blood and Eagle Flight which are pretty neat.

I live in the states again, so I'll probably remember to actually swing by here more often. The international deals section was preeeeeetty lacking.

Yep everyone is on discord now. The GGT on CAG is pretty dead now, but so is CAG in general I think.

#47 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7359 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 05:14 PM

Fair enough. Always have the memories.

#48 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15432 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:12 AM

I know! Welcome back to the States, m'man! We do have a GGT discord now and it's decently active, but nothing like the good old days.

Hi.

Hi.

Hope things get better soon. Trust me, they eventually will. Then they will get crap again. Then better. Then crap. Circle of life.

I'm at a pretty good spot in my life, I just don't have much free time anymore, especially to play video games.

But I have been playing a little Octopath Traveller, Darkest Dungeon, and some dot.Hack/GU. I've also picked up a few cheap PSVR games like Rush of Blood and Eagle Flight which are pretty neat.

Yep everyone is on discord now. The GGT on CAG is pretty dead now, but so is CAG in general I think.

Thanks, mang. Living in the South West as opposed to the South East is just a big difference and difficult to get used to. 

Glad you've been doing well! How you liking Octopath? I liked the demo, but knowing how long it is I'd probably never finish the full game. 

#49 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3008 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:31 PM

I know! Welcome back to the States, m'man! We do have a GGT discord now and it's decently active, but nothing like the good old days.

Thanks, mang. Living in the South West as opposed to the South East is just a big difference and difficult to get used to. 

Glad you've been doing well! How you liking Octopath? I liked the demo, but knowing how long it is I'd probably never finish the full game. 

I'm finding Octopath to be decent, but I'm not as excited about it as others, and honestly I don't understand why people have seemed to make it be such a huge deal. Compared with the wider scope of other turn-based RPGs, there's nothing that really makes it very unique. But its solid in the gameplay, the story is decent enough, and the little quirks the game has are interesting enough. I'm taking it slow, so it'll be a few months before I manage to beat it.

Octopath and LA Noire (which I got really cheap) are the only Switch games I have right now.

#50 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7359 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:50 PM

If you guys got room, I'd be down to swing by the discord. No worries if not though; I know my ass was gone for a good minute.

#51 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15432 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:32 PM

This has almost lasted a YEAR. We're almost ready for a Holiday again, guys!

i love you all and I hope that you're all good. Action, I'mma add you to the discord once I figure it out.

I had to write some articles for a gaming site about Friday the 13th. I know we've been playing a lot, so I'm posting it in here.

Jason Tier List: https://t.co/TAZD5pzXYe

Best Weapons Ranked: https://t.co/x7LNz8Qatv

Best Perks for every Counselor: https://t.co/AhH3y0FAfA

All Counselors Ranked: https://t.co/IVakZoFBkN

#52 panzerfaust  

panzerfaust

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:12 AM

battlestar galactica anyone?

#53 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3008 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:30 AM

Happy Holidays to all the GGT peeps!

Gonna start replaying the DMC remasters to get prepped for DMC 5. Stylish!

#54 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3008 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:13 PM

Happy New Year to everyone!

2019: The year GGT returns to greatness!

We'll build a wall to keep out those OTT freaks!

Ignore my deleted E-mails!

K-pop for everyone!

Make GGT Great Again!

#55 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3008 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:00 AM

Dang, the story in DMC2 is garbage.

#56 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15432 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:22 PM

battlestar galactica anyone?

Man, are you in the Discord? I would love to play BSG sometime. I honestly think those were the best times in my life. Between that and Third Strike I was just ludicrously happy all the time.

Dang, the story in DMC2 is garbage.

It really is! DMC2 is the worst in the series and it isn't just because of the ridiculous Jean advertisements.

Happy holidays and New Year, GGT! I love you all and I hope we can bring the GGT back this year. It's crazy to think about how dead the site has been lately.

#57 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3008 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

I kept hoping DMC2 would make sense but it just...IDK what was even going on half the time. What a mess...

Good sale on Ace Attorney trilogy happening now, but its coming to Switch, so I'll hold off. However, I may blow the dust off my 3DS and finally get around to playing Bravely Second sometime this year.

I ate the Pop Tarts cereal this morning. There's no going back now.

#58 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3008 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

The more I see of this game, the more I like it.

#59 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3008 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:16 AM

Hmm...play more DMC2 with Lucia or go on to DMC3? Such a difficult decision.... :-k  :roll:

I still wish they had released a physical version of the DMC4 PS4 remake here in the US. I don't really want to import the asian version.

#60 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40062 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:28 AM

Nothing bad would happen if you skipped the rest of DMC2, probably.