- - - - -

GGT 364 is ready for the Holidays!

#91 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:34 AM

I haven't played the DMCV demo yet, but kinda want to just save myself for the full game. Beat DMC3 a couple years back and just beat DMC4 summer of last year, so I think I'm up to date with it all. Never finished 1 or started 2, but I like where the story was headed in 4, especially if it is a direct sequel.

Wondering if I should import the deluxe edition from Europe though, or just stick with the standard copy from Best Buy.

#92 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15441 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:28 PM

I play Apex on PS4 and Xbone.

I am almost done with Crackdown 3. It sucks.

#93 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:05 PM

Crackdown 1 was a lot of fun back in the day, but I only every played a little bit of 2. I continue to hear that 3 isn't that great, which is disappointing. 

I wanted to get the special edition of DMC5, but in the end I decided not to. I'm still not sure how I feel about them getting rid of the statue upgrade and replacing it with a scooby-doo van, but we'll see how it goes.

#94 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:23 PM

Played a bunch of Switch the last few days. A little this and that; mostly Let's Go Pikachu, Travis Strikes Again, and Tetris 99.  I also tried out the Yoshi and Deamon X Machina demoes and thought they were pretty neat. Not sure if I'll pick either up when they come out.

I've only gotten as high as 14th in Tetris 99, and most of the time I'm nowhere close to the top twenty. Its good fun, tho.

#95 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:55 AM

Gonna try and finish up DMC3 this weekend so I can move on to DMC4 next week.

DMC5 in two weeks!

When I first got my PS3 (in '08, I waited in line at Best Buy from 2pm till midnight-10 hours!-for the MGS4 bundle when it came out), I had pre-bought some games before I ever had the system, knowing I was going to get it soon. I recall Gamefly was having an online sale, and one of the titles I picked up was DMC4. At that time, I had never played any of the DMC games, but it was the GGT that recommended it, so I thought it couldn't be too terrible, so I bought it.

I thought it was awesome, and it sparked my love for the genre. Thanks GGT! Some of you have great taste in games!

#96 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

This will give kids nightmares.

sonicmovierender656x389_thumb.jpg

Fast nightmares.

#97 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:02 PM

Haven't had much time to play DMC4 recently, and every time I had game-playing time, I was playing Resident Evil instead. Playing the RE2 remake had me jonesing for classic RE action, so I replayed the RE1 HD remake. Just Chris's story. Even tho RE2 remake was awesome, I still think RE1 remake is still my favorite Resident Evil game.

I'd really love it if Capcom were to release the classic RE PS1 trilogy on newer consoles, especially the Switch. Maybe add in Code: Veronica. I still love the classics. Its been a long time since I've played them, and I'd have to get out the Gamecube to play most of them. I don't even currently own a copy of the classic RE 1, so I'd have to buy it off PSN and play it on the Vita I guess? Oh, isn't it on the PS1 classic mini-console? I guess I could get that?

Anyway, I did pick up DMC5. Its great to hear the reviews are so positive.

#98 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:12 AM

Holy shit, just finished DMCV!

Won't go into any spoilers since I hate getting spoiled myself.

But wanted to say the game is super amazing! Such a love letter to the fans after so long, and just everything from the story, to gameplay, to graphics, to music, was just handled so well. I'm still stunned as to how well built and polished the game is. It is almost a perfect game as I can't really point out anything bad about it, besides the bird being kinda annoying. But yeah, definitely one of the best games I ever played, and well worth the wait.

#99 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:38 AM

Grats on DMC5, and I'm hyped that its so good. I'm gonna finally start this weekend.

Just finished up my replay of DMC4. I forgot about that tedious dice-rolling stage, especially the last one. Ugh. Oh well, I still love Nero's devil arm in that game and I'm glad that I've finally gotten thru all 1-4 of the previous Devil May Cry games. I do want to eventually get back to them and replay them on a harder difficulty and use different characters (I only played them on normal on this play-thru), and I might even get around to replaying and finally beating the bastard-child Ninja Theory DmC, but that'll wait for another time. DMC5 first.

#100 bhk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:57 PM

If I haven’t played a DMC, should I start with V?

#101 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:37 PM

If I haven’t played a DMC, should I start with V?

You can. There is a video you can watch from the opening screen that gives you a run-down of everything that happened in DMC 1-4 and hits all the major story notes from those past games.

• bhk likes this

#102 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:20 AM

Been playing more Resident Evil games. Did a Jill's story run in REmake HD. I started playing RE Zero using the Wesker version, but its just as bad as the regular REzero, so I quit once I got past the train part. I was disappointed that its just Wesker in play, and Billy in the cutscenes, but I guess I was expecting too much....

Anyway, started a replay of RE: Revelations on PS4. I played the first one back on the Wii U, but never played the second one, so I'm looking forward to finally getting to it. 

I went to see Avengers: Endgame on Sunday and thought it was okay. Again, I guess I was expecting too much. I mean, it was good, and had some really great moments, but I thought it carried too much sadness. My favorite part was

Spoiler
Wasn't expecting that, but it was a pretty great moment. (Ha, that spoiler isn't actually a spoiler, btw. Go ahead and click it.)

#103 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:31 AM

I forgot to chime in and say I recently played through RE2 remake. It was pretty good, especially being my 2nd RE game ever (7 was my first.) Did both Claire A and Leon B and it was a blast. Makes me wanna play the others now, or at least look forward to the RE3 remake.

Also saw Endgame and it was pretty damn crazy. Audience was clapping and hollering at every major thing that happened.

Playing MK11 now and the game is fun.

#104 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:52 AM

Traded in a bunch of games and got a "new" 3DS. I've got an hour lunch break at work now, so I wanted a handheld to play and didn't want to take my Switch, and my old 3ds had a broken circle-pad which made it uncomfortable to play for more than a couple minutes. I've got a bunch of 3DS rpg games in my backlog, so I'm gonna try to knock that down.

Starting with Persona Q, since the new one is coming out soon. So far, its basically Etrian Odyssey with Persona characters, which isn't bad.