* * - - - 5 votes

PS4 Pro $290 @ Target.com on 12/11 ONLY (NOT CONFIRMED; YMMV)

ps4 pro target ymmv

#31 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:30 AM

Just bought a loaded 2017 27in iMac as well. Zero interest in a microsoft PC.

Then you clearly don't really care about running at 4k since very few of the Xbox titles will do that. A PC is the only way to get consistent and varied 4k gaming content.

#32 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   973 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:15 AM

I want to get this right: If the Skyrim PSVR bundle is going for $350, and Green Monday offers "$20 off every $100," then that would be a total discount of $60, right? (Assuming PS4 hardware is included in the promotion.) So that would also be $290 out the door? If so, that makes up for the fact that I didn't get that $299 PSVR demo last week.

#33 mexicanfan   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

mexicanfan

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:26 PM

Meh, I would buy the inevitable $299.99 PS4 pro slim by next winter.

Same here and I would be willing to bet it will play 4k Blu-ray discs....

#34 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:00 PM

You're really going to wait a whole year? Most people will forgo the Pro by then in favor of the PS5, which is likely to be announced for 2019

I would think Sony would hold off as long as possible on a PS5 at the rate current PS4 sales are going. They just sold more this 12 months vs the last 12 months. Might even be 2020 at this point.

#35 nintendolink007   I'm an cheapass ebayholic CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

nintendolink007

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

https://www.gamespot...source=facebook

Just announced that Sony is price cutting the Playstation 4 Pro and VR starting tomorrow. So hopefully this deal actually works for consoles.

#36 Shadowsteal123   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   668 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Shadowsteal123

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

I would imagine, they would have exclusions out the butthole for this.

#37 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4360 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:15 PM

Then you clearly don't really care about running at 4k since very few of the Xbox titles will do that. A PC is the only way to get consistent and varied 4k gaming content.

Essentially I just want to get the most bang for my buck. I have the original white Destiny PS4. I’d love a newer PS4 for the speed and better graphics though the PS4 pro is a half assed upgrade since it isn’t real 4K and doesn’t have a 4K BD player. Now for the right price if I can trade my 2tb white PS4 and nearly break even on a PS4 pro, I’m in.

#38 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:44 AM

https://www.gamespot...source=facebook
Just announced that Sony is price cutting the Playstation 4 Pro and VR starting tomorrow. So hopefully this deal actually works for consoles.

. Hi Just to make sure it's clear this price drop is called temporary in the article.

#39 terutt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:46 AM

Meh, I would buy the inevitable $299.99 PS4 pro slim by next winter.

Whhaaaaatttt? You mean to tell me technology gets better and cheaper as time goes on? Who,knew?

#40 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   553 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:16 AM

Sony not having a modern, true 4K console is killing me. I just got an LG OLED and whole new theater system. Knowing Microsoft has a proper console that destroys everything the PS4 does honestly sucks. I don’t want to buy a half assed PS4 right now, so my only options are getting an Xbox, which don’t happen, or wait another year and deal with 1080p in the 4K world we are in.

Any new PS4 that's released in the coming two years will likely not have any performance upgrades on the gaming side over the current PS4 Pro. The Xbox One X is definitely much beefier, but it also upsamples and does checkerboarding and dynamic resolution to get a 4K buffer output, contrary to all those fake news articles you might have seen that the PS4 Pro "upsamples" whereas the One X is "true 4K".

You cannot game in "true 4K" on a $650 piece of hardware. It's not possible. It's not even possible without sacrificing graphics on a $1200 computer with the latest GTX 1080. The Pro and the One X are both excellent options for gaming on a 4K television, and are commendable hardware achievements in the console space. 

#41 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:26 AM

Essentially I just want to get the most bang for my buck. I have the original white Destiny PS4. I’d love a newer PS4 for the speed and better graphics though the PS4 pro is a half assed upgrade since it isn’t real 4K and doesn’t have a 4K BD player. Now for the right price if I can trade my 2tb white PS4 and nearly break even on a PS4 pro, I’m in.

I see. I'd just buy a 4k blu ray player in your position then.

#42 spoderman  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:03 AM

Promo is live but PS4 hardware is excluded.

#43 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1875 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:04 AM

Looks like it excludes everything. Time to sleep.

**Offer available online only. Save $20 for every $100 spent, maximum discount $100. Offer excludes toys, select sporting goods, all gift cards, Target Restock orders, Target Optical, CVS pharmacy, Clinic, Vitamix, Weber, Traeger, prepaid cards (airtime, entertainment, iTunes, and online gaming), Elf on the Shelf, DSLR cameras and lenses, Google products, Bose, Sonos, JBL, TOM’s Apple Watch Bands, GoPro, Nintendo Hardware, Switch Software, Fitbit, Samsung and LG TV’s, Xbox Hardware, PS4 Hardware, PSVR, Tile, Target Mobile Purchases, alcohol, dairy milk, Power Dental, Power Shave, Tylenol and Apple items. Not valid on previous orders. Offer expires 12/11/2017 at 11:59 PM PT.

#44 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:05 AM

Naturally. Stayed up thinking maybe they'd wait until 3 for west coast. Meh.

#45 victimsofadown   Lurker CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

victimsofadown

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:06 AM

Shit’s rude AF, Target.

#46 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:08 AM

not even for dairy milk, wtf Target :(

#47 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12091 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:08 AM

Looks like it excludes everything. Time to sleep.

**Offer available online only. Save $20 for every $100 spent, maximum discount $100. Offer excludes toys, select sporting goods, all gift cards, Target Restock orders, Target Optical, CVS pharmacy, Clinic, Vitamix, Weber, Traeger, prepaid cards (airtime, entertainment, iTunes, and online gaming), Elf on the Shelf, DSLR cameras and lenses, Google products, Bose, Sonos, JBL, TOM’s Apple Watch Bands, GoPro, Nintendo Hardware, Switch Software, Fitbit, Samsung and LG TV’s, Xbox Hardware, PS4 Hardware, PSVR, Tile, Target Mobile Purchases, alcohol, dairy milk, Power Dental, Power Shave, Tylenol and Apple items. Not valid on previous orders. Offer expires 12/11/2017 at 11:59 PM PT.

Target is excluding toys this close to Christmas?  Wow.  Guess they are happy with their holiday sales numbers so far then.

Video game software (minus that for Switch) appears to be included if you are so inclined to buy at Target.

#48 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   973 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:12 AM

I'm going to target my foot up their ass.

"Puke Green" Monday is more like it...

#49 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2890 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

Target is excluding toys this close to Christmas? Wow. Guess they are happy with their holiday sales numbers so far then

They are already running a $10 off $50 or $25 off $100 promotion this week on toys.

#50 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

Tried adding both vanilla versions of PS4 Pro to my cart just to make sure there wasn't a glitch and both showed as not available for shipping.

#51 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12091 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

They are already running a $10 off $50 or $25 off $100 promotion this week on toys.

Well that makes sense then.  Kind of have to exclude them in that case.

#52 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1021 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

I love when these post BF deals don't pan out because it makes me feel better about my purchase. Also, very much expected it would not work....these companies do these sales for regular products no one really wants to buy online.

#53 john718   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:33 PM

Sale excludes all PS4 hardware?...So much for this premature Post...great way to remind us this is the only way we would buy a PS4 pro....heavy discounted....

#54 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1021 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

I think not having 4K Blu-Ray really hurt its sales. When the Xbox One S has it and the Pro doesn't, that's a crying shame.

I would only be tempted to get it for an upgraded VR experience.

#55 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

I think not having 4K Blu-Ray really hurt its sales. When the Xbox One S has it and the Pro doesn't, that's a crying shame.

Yep. That's why I purchased an X1S instead of the Pro. If both had a 4K player, I would have paid the extra $200 for the Pro (got the X1S from Walmart for $200). With that said, I would wouldn't mind buying the Pro, but I have a feeling we're going to hear about the PS5 soon. 

#56 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4360 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:52 PM

Agreed. It’s literally a joke. Sony always lead with their consoles being a media device. PS2 was one of the most sold DVD players as was the PS3 to Blu-ray. Now for the regular PS4 to not have 4K, that’s fine. The tech really wasn’t set in stone three years ago. For the PS4 pro now, there’s no excuse.

#57 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2884 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:59 PM

I bought one a couple weeks ago from Best Buy when they had the $50 off and a free copy of Destiny 2.  Sold the Destiny 2 for $25 so $75 off isn't  a bad deal at all.

#58 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14080 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:12 PM

Forgot to check this morning for the deal and thought it had sold out last night lol. Guess Target wasn't feeling the holiday spirit heh. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up; I was looking forward to getting a second Pro. :(

#59 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

Agreed. It’s literally a joke. Sony always lead with their consoles being a media device. PS2 was one of the most sold DVD players as was the PS3 to Blu-ray. Now for the regular PS4 to not have 4K, that’s fine. The tech really wasn’t set in stone three years ago. For the PS4 pro now, there’s no excuse.

I understand the expectation, but things do change. BR wasn't nearly the sales driver DVD was - even for the PS3 vs the 4 - and in this age of streaming 4K BR isn't going to be a mass-market driver for anything. For a machine that was conceived as a niche item to begin with, they clearly made a pointed decision to ignore that angle.

Regarding the sale; I don't understand why companies run this type of promo. You're not going to get any kind of goodwill when a majority of customers find out they can't actually get the advertised discount.

#60 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4360 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

I understand the expectation, but things do change. BR wasn't nearly the sales driver DVD was - even for the PS3 vs the 4 - and in this age of streaming 4K BR isn't going to be a mass-market driver for anything. For a machine that was conceived as a niche item to begin with, they clearly made a pointed decision to ignore that angle.

Regarding the sale; I don't understand why companies run this type of promo. You're not going to get any kind of goodwill when a majority of customers find out they can't actually get the advertised discount.

What makes me think that it was a bad move is the countless people, like myself, that say they would be buying a PS4 pro if it had a 4K BD drive. It’s clearly hurting sales.