* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy Ad 12/17-12/23

#31 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:49 PM

I am mildly confused here. Do you get the Mario Kart steel book case in addition to the game in the regular case? Or does the game come in the steel book case?

#32 Snowball21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

I am mildly confused here. Do you get the Mario Kart steel book case in addition to the game in the regular case? Or does the game come in the steel book case?

Steelbook is seperate.

#33 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2187 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

Huh....what is that PlayStation VR for $300....?

Is that the bundle that includes Doom?  Or Skyrim?  GT?  or...???

#34 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13187 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:20 AM

That steelbook may finally get me to purchase MK8 Deluxe.

#35 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:29 AM

Tyrok  I was wondering for the 19th(Or after Christmas) any deals on the macbook pro 2017 model..I bought mine on BF but I see for the 20 days of XMAS they have on the 19th for the macbook not sure which one they will be having on sale or if any deals are in the works for after christmas

#36 SlayerX11  

SlayerX11

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

Think we will see another 199 ps4 before xmas, walmart canceled mine and it was too late after to get one.

#37 Captain N The Game Master  

Captain N The Game Master

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:45 AM

These aren't the deals your looking for. .....Move along!

#38 VintageSTX  

VintageSTX

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:03 AM

Thanks for posting this, Tyrok. 

The Mario + Rabbids deal is nice if you don't own it. That game is worth the normal price, IMO.  The MK8 Steelbook looks cool too. The SD card deal made we laugh...

Was hoping for a combo deal with FE warriors or a eShop card discount. Bummer.

Also a bit sad that we have yet to see a Visa Checkout this year. I guess BB is doing well sales-wise.

#39 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12301 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:43 AM

Welp I have a $5.00 Best Buy coupon and that with chi makes battlefront $30 for me. I think it’s time to bite on it

#40 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:00 AM

I’m guessing if the Dual Shock is $20 off than all controllers will be on sale at all retailers

#41 mdvayne1982   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

mdvayne1982

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:33 AM

Might have to go there to match from the B1G50% off.  Bought CoD and AC.

#42 EinCB  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:27 AM

Welp I have a $5.00 Best Buy coupon and that with chi makes battlefront $30 for me. I think it’s time to bite on it

Don't forget you'll get a $10 savings code in January if you request to pick it up before December 16th.

#43 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:19 AM

I'm a bit of a sucker for steelbooks, but I already own the retail cartridge. I'd probably pay $10 just for the case itself, but I don't see that happening because I doubt the store will sell it individually. I'm not really sure how I feel about seeing it currently lol.

#44 Fletchncl   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Fletchncl

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:11 AM

Ok so I’m going to pick up Rabbids, but I’m torn on what the second game I should get. I’m thinking Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Fire Emblem Warriors. Anyone who played those games have some input?

#45 coolz481   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1630 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

Ok so I’m going to pick up Rabbids, but I’m torn on what the second game I should get. I’m thinking Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Fire Emblem Warriors. Anyone who played those games have some input?

Both are excellent, but Xenoblade is just about as JRPG as JRPG's go - lots of cutscenes, tutorials, and systems to keep track of.  Warriors is a typical button masher from Tecmo Koei, but the character animations and music are very well done - a great podcast game.  Really depends on what you're in the mood for!

My strategy of waiting on Best Buy to run a Switch-centered sale in December apparently failed.  We didn't even get the 10-15% eShop card sale yet...

#46 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

For price adjustments on COD and Battlefront 2 (bought both as gifts) do I contact rewards support, general customer service, or elite phone number?  They should give me the differences on a gift card, yes?

#47 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

For price adjustments on COD and Battlefront 2 (bought both as gifts) do I contact rewards support, general customer service, or elite phone number?  They should give me the differences on a gift card, yes?

chat always works for me.

I don't know about gift card, but every time I asked for a price adjustment they just refund it to the original payment.

#48 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Overwatch is on sale for $30? Ya don't say. That never happens, ever.

#49 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12301 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Don't forget you'll get a $10 savings code in January if you request to pick it up before December 16th.

But the sale for battlefront starts on the 17th so wouldn’t that mean this won’t work ?

#50 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

I'm a bit of a sucker for steelbooks, but I already own the retail cartridge. I'd probably pay $10 just for the case itself, but I don't see that happening because I doubt the store will sell it individually. I'm not really sure how I feel about seeing it currently lol.

Wondering if you'd be able to buy this and simply return just the game. Something tells me they won't even care about the steelbook or know about it at customer service.

#51 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:30 PM

Both are excellent, but Xenoblade is just about as JRPG as JRPG's go - lots of cutscenes, tutorials, and systems to keep track of.  Warriors is a typical button masher from Tecmo Koei, but the character animations and music are very well done - a great podcast game.  Really depends on what you're in the mood for!

My strategy of waiting on Best Buy to run a Switch-centered sale in December apparently failed.  We didn't even get the 10-15% eShop card sale yet...

Frankly I don't see why Nintendo would ever want to discount their games in Decemeber. I mean, they rarely do it in general so why do it at the time of year when people are most willing to spend MSRP?

#52 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2806 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

Is the Christopher Nolan 4K collection mentioned in the ad?

Stores will have it but it's not in the ad. No idea if it will drop below $155.

Huh....what is that PlayStation VR for $300....?

Is that the bundle that includes Doom?  Or Skyrim?  GT?  or...???

Oops. It's DOOM VFR. ;)

Tyrok  I was wondering for the 19th(Or after Christmas) any deals on the macbook pro 2017 model..I bought mine on BF but I see for the 20 days of XMAS they have on the 19th for the macbook not sure which one they will be having on sale or if any deals are in the works for after christmas

Ad just say "Save up to $150." We only get a days notice on the Doorbusters and tomorrows is:

Star Wars Battlefront II + Darth Maul Pop Vinyl $39.99 :D

#53 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

Oops. It's DOOM VFR. ;)

Ad just say "Save up to $150." We only get a days notice on the Doorbusters and tomorrows is:

This explains why I've been seeing so many of the Darth Maul in all the stores

#54 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2806 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

This explains why I've been seeing so many of the Darth Maul in all the stores

It was free with the game on Black Friday but you were basically paying for it because the game was full price without GCU. Not the most popular deal that weekend. ;)

#55 GodOfUncharted   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

GodOfUncharted

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

Wondering if you'd be able to buy this and simply return just the game. Something tells me they won't even care about the steelbook or know about it at customer service.

No. You will not be able to steal the steelbook from Best Buy. Don't be a scumbag.

#56 Nepenthe7  

Nepenthe7

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:45 PM

So will this be $48 for Rabbids and $2 for Resident Evil Revelations for Switch? (With GCU)

Save $30 when you buy Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and any Nintendo Switch Game ($59.99 value)

#57 Fletchncl   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Fletchncl

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

So will this be $48 for Rabbids and $2 for Resident Evil Revelations for Switch? (With GCU)

Save $30 when you buy Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and any Nintendo Switch Game ($59.99 value)

I was thinking the game you had to get along with Rabbids has to be a $59.99 one to save the $30. Resident Evil is only $39.99

#58 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:31 PM

This was the last week, before X-Mas, to have BB do their B2G1 sale. Sadly, we just got a B1G1 50% off weeks ago.

#59 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

Oops. It's DOOM VFR. ;)

Save up to 150 on macbooks..the BF deal was MUCH better..got the laptop for 1299..going by this and the original price being 1499 I still got the laptop for 50 dollars cheaper on BF..oh well..thought maybe before XMAS they would have better deals thanks for letting me know :-)

#60 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:28 PM

Does BB typically honor these weekly deals for the digital cards they sell in-store?