* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy Ad 12/17-12/23

#61 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1809 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

So will this be $48 for Rabbids and $2 for Resident Evil Revelations for Switch? (With GCU)

Save $30 when you buy Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and any Nintendo Switch Game ($59.99 value)

Even if the other game doesn't have to be $59.99 despite the ad saying so, the $30 comes off before GCU, so it would be $8.

#62 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1750 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

The Rabbids deal has no fine print but it likely means the game can be a maximum of $59.99. So no getting $30 off of a Fire Emblem CE. ;)

#63 Scarpad   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

I want to get either ( I can't get both) a PS vr probably the Doom Bundle, or a Nintendo Switch and I can't decide which, both have games I want to play

#64 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

Man, of course ACO only goes down to 45 instead of the usual sale price of 40. Can't decide if I want to spend the 36 after GCU for it. Oddly enough 40/32 I probably would have done no sweat. Hmmm.

#65 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:41 PM

If you have a backlog, wait it out.

#66 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1528 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

Stores will have it but it's not in the ad. No idea if it will drop below $155.

Oops. It's DOOM VFR. ;)

Ad just say "Save up to $150." We only get a days notice on the Doorbusters and tomorrows is:

Star Wars Battlefront II + Darth Maul Pop Vinyl $39.99 :D

Oh I see..the 20 days of Christmas deals are different than the actual ad..maybe on Tuesday the macbook will be even cheaper..will wait and see :-)

#67 EinCB  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

But the sale for battlefront starts on the 17th so wouldn’t that mean this won’t work ?

That's true, sorry. :(

#68 Gsmack1   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:51 PM

I want to get either ( I can't get both) a PS vr probably the Doom Bundle, or a Nintendo Switch and I can't decide which, both have games I want to play

I have both I get way more use out of my switch. It’s a great pick an okay option when you don’t feel like playing for long sessions an great games you can’t get else where. Zelda alone has made me never regret buying the switch

#69 avenger82  

avenger82

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:52 PM

Get the Switch. PSVR (well, VR in general) needs a couple more years of refinement before it's worth dropping hundreds on. 

#70 REDKING   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:43 PM

Thinking I should finally bite on Battlefront 2. Walmart also has it discounted right now. Do any of you think BF2 will see a lower price than $40 before year's end?

#71 Person808   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:05 AM

If you're looking for SW BF2 its $39.99 ($31.99 GCU) part of todays DOTD and comes with a free Darth Maul Funko Pop figure - https://www.bestbuy....attlefront-sale

#72 phantomphoenix   Make It Loud! CAGiversary!   2461 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

phantomphoenix

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:33 AM

Assassin's Creed Origins also $39.99 right now. Better than upcoming week.

No retail links till Cheapy fixes CAG.

#73 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3309 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

I had kind of written off Battlefront 2 after the microtransaction fiasco but I'm tempted at this price.

Killbomb.png

#74 skrockij89  

skrockij89

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:38 PM

Man, of course ACO only goes down to 45 instead of the usual sale price of 40. Can't decide if I want to spend the 36 after GCU for it. Oddly enough 40/32 I probably would have done no sweat. Hmmm.

It's $31.99 with GCU right now. 

#75 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10863 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

Mario and Rabbids is on sale today (today only?) for $39.99 ($31.99 GCU).

#76 Sielanas  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

Got my Battlefront 2 price adjustment no problem over the phone. Game is fun. The upgrade path is trash and it's a small problem the whales that bought packs before it went away because every so often you'll find people with the purple cards, but it hhasn't dissuaded me from playing and I still have lots of fun with it.

191839_b359839b3d00807e.png

#77 hoofrog   Game Whore CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

Got my Battlefront 2 price adjustment no problem over the phone. Game is fun. The upgrade path is trash and it's a small problem the whales that bought packs before it went away because every so often you'll find people with the purple cards, but it hhasn't dissuaded me from playing and I still have lots of fun with it.

Did you purchase in-store with GCU and the trade coupon? Curious to attempt an adjustment as well.

EDIT: Just processed an a price adjust over chat. A credit of $8 sounds right since they can't use the coupon during the price adjust (from what I've read)

#78 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1750 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:13 PM

Assassin's Creed Origins also $39.99 right now. Better than upcoming week.

Mario and Rabbids is on sale today (today only?) for $39.99 ($31.99 GCU).

It looks like they jumped the gun. Both of these are supposed to be tomorrows Doorbusters. :-

#79 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1750 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

New deals added to OP:

• Save $50 on select Xbox One S 1TB Consoles
  • Free digital copy of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds with purchase of an Xbox One X Console
  • Free Call of Duty: WWII with purchase of a PlayStation 4 Pro Console

#80 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

It's $31.99 with GCU right now.

Where do you see this? Looks like MSRP right now online

#81 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1750 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

Where do you see this? Looks like MSRP right now online

They fixed it. It's supposed to be that price tomorrow.

#82 phantomphoenix   Make It Loud! CAGiversary!   2461 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

phantomphoenix

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:30 PM

It looks like they jumped the gun. Both of these are supposed to be tomorrows Doorbusters. :-

I figured something was up, cuz it "sold out" a few hours ago, and then they reverted the price soon after. Made the already bitch of a time price matching that much harder. Good to know for tomorrow!

No retail links till Cheapy fixes CAG.

#83 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

Awesome thanks. Will probably order.

#84 raiser   CAG-Zombie CAGiversary!   406 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:23 PM

Did you purchase in-store with GCU and the trade coupon? Curious to attempt an adjustment as well.

EDIT: Just processed an a price adjust over chat. A credit of $8 sounds right since they can't use the coupon during the price adjust (from what I've read)

I just did my Battlefront 2 PM over chat. I received a credit of $16 + tax ($48 GCU at launch - $32 GCU today), as I requested.
I used the trade in coupon for $10 off when I purchased, which actually screwed up my GCU because it was taken off first.

So, I paid $39.99 instead of $37.99, but I didn't complain then, and I won't now, since they gave me the full $16 credit.

Now to go trade it in to Gamestop before the 17th to get the guaranteed $30 Elite Pro trade price and get paid $8 to play this steaming pile of garbage.  Man, Dice really screwed this game up bad.  Hope they can patch it into something decent by the time it hits $10, maybe I'll pick it up again then. Battlefront I is a much better deal at <$10, unless you are dying to play a lackluster singleplayer campaign

#85 bouda  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for the tip. I gave chat a try, and they denied me at first b/c they weren't looking at the price after GCU...saying the price was the same ($39.99 [after GCU and trade coupon] and $39.99). After I asked again and explained GCU, they said they would process the refund. I'm assuming for $8 since I had to do the math for them, and they didn't confirm the dollar amount.

CSR closed the chat window pretty quickly after printing out the formal end of chat lines....not really too optimistic since I've had price adjustments denied before (technically the rep is just agreeing to process a refund request for approval by another department).

#86 raiser   CAG-Zombie CAGiversary!   406 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the tip. I gave chat a try, and they denied me at first b/c they weren't looking at the price after GCU...saying the price was the same ($39.99 [after GCU and trade coupon] and $39.99). After I asked again and explained GCU, they said they would process the refund. I'm assuming for $8 since I had to do the math for them, and they didn't confirm the dollar amount.

CSR closed the chat window pretty quickly after printing out the formal end of chat lines....not really too optimistic since I've had price adjustments denied before (technically the rep is just agreeing to process a refund request for approval by another department).

I told them:
"I bought it on day one at $59.99, which is $47.99 after Gamers Club. Today it is $39.99, or $31.99 after GC. So $47.99 - $31.99 is $16 which should be my refund amount?  I also used a $10 trade-in credit, which you'll see on my receipt."  

response:
"That's awesome! You are eligible. Refund processed for $16 plus taxes"

Of course it took a little longer and a bit more "verification" than that, but that was the gist of it.

Total out of pocket ended up being $23.99, since they originally took the $10 off coupon first, before GCU, which is scummy, but oh well.  I lose out on $2, but I got rid of Destiny (the first one) for $10. So it's a win.

#87 haoo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

hey how do you know this? thanks 

#88 bouda  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:06 PM

I told them:
"I bought it on day one at $59.99, which is $47.99 after Gamers Club. Today it is $39.99, or $31.99 after GC. So $47.99 - $31.99 is $16 which should be my refund amount?  I also used a $10 trade-in credit, which you'll see on my receipt."  

response:
"That's awesome! You are eligible. Refund processed for $16 plus taxes"

Yeah....you got a way better rep than I did. After I told them I wanted a price adjustment, they said sure....then waited like 3 to 5 mins before they said anything next (asked for SKU).

I should have just closed the window then and there. I also choose the passive path in hopes of getting $16 instead of $8....but I ended up having to do the math for a $8 refund to prove it was cheaper, lol.

They also never asked for any personal info (name, phone number, account #)....I did give them my in-store transaction number midway through. It's been awhile since my last price adjustment at BB...can't remember if the usually ask for that info...I imagine they should have. I was logged in when I clicked the chat link...but didn't see any personal info get passed along.

#89 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3599 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

Hey Tyrok do you have any details on the IPhone door buster this Sunday?

Tastes like chicken.

#90 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1750 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Hey Tyrok do you have any details on the IPhone door buster this Sunday?

They only tell us a day in advance.