* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy Ad 12/17-12/23

#91 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3733 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

Cool. Appreciate the reply.

#92 joshnickerson   Evil Super Genius CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

joshnickerson

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:09 PM

Nintendo is about to make me double dip on MK8. I *JUST* bought the digital version for my son because I thought he'd play it frequently enough.

Now I need that steelbook.

A few months after Mario Maker came out, my Best Buy had a stack of the pre-order pin sets on the shelf for eight bucks.

#93 krivas95  

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:23 AM

So I'm looking to buy a Switch and the PS4 pro star war limited edition (I like the design lol) but I have a few questions, and maybe someone out there knows the answers

-Should I buy the Switch now, or should I wait for a price drop? (With Nintendo, I doubt it'll be anytime soon lol)
-If the answer is to buy it now, should I buy it this week, or the next week? Next week has that 64GB deal but I don't know if it's a good deal or nah.
-The last Nintendo console that I owned was the N64, so what do I need to know about the Switch? Are there extra things that I need to buy as in important accessories that don't come in the box?

Now for the PS4 Pro:
-Is it worth it? I have a slim PS4, and the Scorpio. I heard that the PS4 pro can't run native 4k

If I place an order to pick up a Pro this week, but pick it up next week, say, on Sunday, would I be able to take an advantage of this deal?
*Free Call of Duty: WWII with purchase of a PlayStation 4 Pro Console

I think those are my questions so far, I will be grateful to whoever takes his/her time reading/answering this!

#94 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:26 AM

So I'm looking to buy a Switch and the PS4 pro star war limited edition (I like the design lol) but I have a few questions, and maybe someone out there knows the answers

-Should I buy the Switch now, or should I wait for a price drop? (With Nintendo, I doubt it'll be anytime soon lol)
-If the answer is to buy it now, should I buy it this week, or the next week? Next week has that 64GB deal but I don't know if it's a good deal or nah.
-The last Nintendo console that I owned was the N64, so what do I need to know about the Switch? Are there extra things that I need to buy as in important accessories that don't come in the box?

Now for the PS4 Pro:
-Is it worth it? I have a slim PS4, and the Scorpio. I heard that the PS4 pro can't run native 4k

If I place an order to pick up a Pro this week, but pick it up next week, say, on Sunday, would I be able to take an advantage of this deal?

I think those are my questions so far, I will be grateful to whoever takes his/her time reading/answering this!

I would buy the switch sooner than later. Get a pro Controller and a screen protector and you should be good. I got a carry case because I take mine out of my game room sometimes but it isn't necessary
Using Tapatalk

#95 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1785 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:23 AM

Now for the PS4 Pro:

IMO the best screen protector for the switch !
https://www.amazon.c...rotector switch

I would get it now, with a micro sd (the largest one that you can find in your budget)
If you don't have Zelda yet, get the Explorers edition .
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#96 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:36 AM

For the Pro vs Switch I’d probably go Pro because there’s deals to be had right now and Nintendo doesn’t discount much if at all. I’ve got both and use my Pro a lot more but I do also have Odyssey, Zelda, MK8 and a few others right now.

#97 krivas95  

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:54 AM

I would buy the switch sooner than later. Get a pro Controller and a screen protector and you should be good. I got a carry case because I take mine out of my game room sometimes but it isn't necessary

Aight, thanks!

IMO the best screen protector for the switch ! https://www.amazon.c...rotector switch
I would get it now, with a micro sd (the largest one that you can find in your budget)
If you don't have Zelda yet, get the Explorers edition .

What's the largest sd supported by the switch? Which one do you personally recommend?

For the Pro vs Switch I’d probably go Pro because there’s deals to be had right now and Nintendo doesn’t discount much if at all. I’ve got both and use my Pro a lot more but I do also have Odyssey, Zelda, MK8 and a few others right now.

Oh I was aiming to get both lol but was wondering if the Pro is worth getting it as I have the Xbox Scorpio (X1X)

#98 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:56 AM

Pick up the Switch.  You already have a Slim Ps4 and Scorpio.  I don't know about you, but there's something awesome about playing a Nintendo game like Zelda or Mario on Christmas.  

#99 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1785 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:31 AM

Aight, thanks!

What's the largest sd supported by the switch? Which one do you personally recommend?

2tb I think, but I don't think that type of card exists yet.

I would go with SanDisk 256gb that's what i'm using right now.

You're going to need a case as well. Depending on how much and what you want to carry.

#100 Sielanas  

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:47 AM

Now for the PS4 Pro:

I upgraded my PS4 to a Pro and kinda regret my decision. I also have a Scorpio (which I prefer the controller and play multiplatforms on) now for 4k stuff so I just use my PS4 for fighting games and Horizon. The only game coming to it that I'm looking forward to is Spiderman. I'll eventually get a PSVR probably so I'll appreciate HDR in the Pro, but outside of that I don't see the benefit UNLESS you want to use PS4 as your default platform. If you're ambivalent, use your Scorpio for 4k needs and go for a regular PS4. Although the special Star Wars edition is pretty sweet.

191839_b359839b3d00807e.png

#101 krivas95  

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:14 AM

Pick up the Switch.  You already have a Slim Ps4 and Scorpio.  I don't know about you, but there's something awesome about playing a Nintendo game like Zelda or Mario on Christmas.

That's actually true. I'm pretty excited to own a Nintendo console again!

2tb I think, but I don't think that type of card exists yet.
I would go with SanDisk 256gb that's what i'm using right now.
You're going to need a case as well. Depending on how much and what you want to carry.

Did you get it from Amazon or BBY?

I upgraded my PS4 to a Pro and kinda regret my decision. I also have a Scorpio (which I prefer the controller and play multiplatforms on) now for 4k stuff so I just use my PS4 for fighting games and Horizon. The only game coming to it that I'm looking forward to is Spiderman. I'll eventually get a PSVR probably so I'll appreciate HDR in the Pro, but outside of that I don't see the benefit UNLESS you want to use PS4 as your default platform. If you're ambivalent, use your Scorpio for 4k needs and go for a regular PS4. Although the special Star Wars edition is pretty sweet.

Definitely! My main/default console is Xbox, and I'm in love with the 4K, which is why I wanted to get a Pro to enjoy some of the exclusives on PS4. I guess there's no need tho, but yea that Star Wars edition is killing me haha

#102 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1785 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:54 AM

That's actually true. I'm pretty excited to own a Nintendo console again!

Did you get it from Amazon or best buy

I card from Walmart, I was able to get someone to price match for me.

#103 Dave4282   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:32 AM

Aight, thanks!

Oh I was aiming to get both lol but was wondering if the Pro is worth getting it as I have the Xbox Scorpio (X1X)

If you already have a PS4 Slim, it's perfectly adequate if you need to play its exclusives, and the PS4 Pro is not worth the money for such a small graphical upgrade.  I regret trading in my regular and dropping another $250 toward a Pro, especially since I got an Xbox One X which games look better on anyway. Definitely get the Switch though...Super Mario Odyssey is fantastic.  

#104 wildthing2022000   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

wildthing2022000

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

Aight, thanks!

I went with 128 GB myself since I prefer physical copies over digital.

#105 chelosera91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1123 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

chelosera91

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:13 PM

Finally CoD is at my price range.
Posted Image

#106 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:29 PM

In for M+R and Pokken Tournament DX (only way I’m gonna get a deal on it). Staying up late to secure Christmas victory for the kids.

#107 SeanTM22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1049 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:01 AM

Anyone know if the COD sale will include the PC version as well?

#108 krivas95  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:40 AM

I card from Walmart, I was able to get someone to price match for me.

I went with 128 GB myself since I prefer physical copies over digital.

What's usually a good price for these memories? Also, what brand did you get?

If you already have a PS4 Slim, it's perfectly adequate if you need to play its exclusives, and the PS4 Pro is not worth the money for such a small graphical upgrade.  I regret trading in my regular and dropping another $250 toward a Pro, especially since I got an Xbox One X which games look better on anyway. Definitely get the Switch though...Super Mario Odyssey is fantastic.  

Alright, decided. Not gonna get the ps4 pro. I'm kinda bummed out as the Star Wars limited edition seems really nice, but it's not worth to throw that money out for something that will disappoint me. I LOVE the xbox one X too, it was a huge update from having the OG Xbox one to the X, and also it's not like i will be spending tons of time on the ps4 lol so yea, I'll stick with my ps4 slim

#109 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1180 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:46 AM

Okay I have Rabbids, Pokken, Odessy, and Arms in the cart. Here’s hoping for glitch so they all get discounted.

#110 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

Kind of shitty for a steelbook release of MK8 8 months after release. Already bought it

#111 krivas95  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:54 AM

Let's see if there are any glitches.. I don't think so tbh

#112 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1180 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:01 AM

Rabbids right now is $23 after GCU, not seeing the discount for the other switch titles.

#113 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6182 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:03 AM

not seeing the free steelbook for mk8 at the cart and during checkout.

#114 krivas95  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:03 AM

Rabbids right now is $23 after GCU, not seeing the discount for the other switch titles.

i was about to post this, it doesn't seem to be working

#115 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1881 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:05 AM

No, it's working...it's taking the $30 off of Rabbids. Problem is, it's taking off of the normal price while it's still on sale for $40 all by itself. So right now, you're only saving $8 with GCU.

EDIT: Now Rabbids is back to normal price. Also, the MK8 steelbook is showing in cart now. No glitches to be found.

#116 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2766 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:10 AM

No, it's working...it's taking the $30 off of Rabbids. Problem is, it's taking off of the normal price while it's still on sale for $40 all by itself. So right now, you're only saving $8 with GCU.

EDIT: Now Rabbids is back to normal price. Also, the MK8 steelbook is showing in cart now. No glitches to be found.

Failure all around :(

#117 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:10 AM

So, clearly its not working right + I'm not seeing the Mario Kart 8 steelbook either. W/o the promotion the steelbook is in the cart if you add Mario Kart 8 alone. 

Edit: Damn. 

#118 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:14 AM

no glitches, nothing.

supreme victory for the $24 ps4 or xbox one games glitch 2 weeks ago.

Only.... if you add 2 mario + rabbids they ended at $27.xx each and mario kart 8 at $47.99

#119 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1180 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:14 AM

Yeah I see that too, alright I have $25 in certs to stack on top of this.  Goodnight everyone.

#120 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9848 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:19 AM

It’s discounting rabbids $30 off $59.99 which makes it $29.99 and it’s taking GCU off that which is $23.99.