- - - - -

GS Game Days Sale Dec. 17-24

#31 spoderman  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:29 AM

4 is great but has extremely poor pacing. There were times when I just wanted the game to be over. Not sure why Lost Legacy wasn't included when ranking them, it's at least better than 3 and has better pacing than 4.

I would go with 2 > 4 > LL > 1 > 3

#32 Khach86  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:30 AM

4 is great but has extremely poor pacing. There were times when I just wanted the game to be over. Not sure why Lost Legacy wasn't included when ranking them, it's at least better than 3 and has better pacing than 4.

I would go with 2 > 4 > LL > 1 > 3

I agree, how is it so highly reviewed?  I feel like 80% of the game is climbing, climbing, and more climbing.

#33 ZabaZu  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:22 AM

you're definitely in the minority, 2 is a masterpiece in every way and probably the only good uncharted game.

It's probably the plethora of people calling it a "masterpiece in every way" that caused the last third of the game to backfire so hard on me.  They introduce enemies that aren't challenging, they're annoying.  It's kinda Uncharted's shtick to do this, but it was the worst in this game by far.  They introduce plot points that make the game completely....boring and predictable.  Then you have one of the worst boss fights I've played in a AAA game, with some cringy dialogue: "YOU'RE just as bad as ME!" cliche garbage.  Imo, Uncharted is at its best when it focuses on exploration, mystery, and set pieces.  4 is the only game in the series that fully delivered on that for me, and it didn't throw in fucking annoying enemy types for the last part of the game.

I don't have anything against people that like 2 the most, or even people who call it a masterpiece.  I just don't get it.

#34 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12301 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:02 AM

If the used price for battlefront 2 dropped I will bite

#35 Grammaton-Cleric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   551 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Grammaton-Cleric

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:47 AM

you're definitely in the minority, 2 is a masterpiece in every way and probably the only good uncharted game.

lB5wmMp.png

#36 Grammaton-Cleric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   551 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Grammaton-Cleric

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:50 AM

I really enjoyed U4 but I think The Lost Legacy might be the better game, especially in terms of pacing. 

Personally, I'd probably rank them as: 

U:TLL > U4 > U3 > U2 > U1

Rather chronological. :) 

#37 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

U2 > U3 > U1

There is no debating this, it is simply fact.

#38 destinyruinedmylife  

destinyruinedmylife

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

U2 > U3 > U1

There is no debating this, it is simply fact.

If you can get past the dated game play U1 is much better than U3. The game's plot ruins the whole experience imo. The first hour was great but the ending act was such a cop out.

#39 Ibacai  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

4 > 3 > 2 > 1

Apparently I'm the only person on the planet that thought the last third of 2 was absolute horse shit in every way (gameplay, story, scenery, set pieces, everything sucked shit). That just about ruined the whole game for me. 1 was pretty forgettable, so it's last on my list.

I sat down and played each game for the first time back to back over the course of a few days when 4 came out and that's how I felt about them. I'm convinced that people like 2 the most because the PS3 was completely underwhelming prior to that release and everyone managed to forget about how awful that game is towards the end (understand that I thought the first 2/3s of the game were great).

I’ll be in the minority and agree with you on this one.

#40 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1198 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

No one has included Golden Abyss in their rankings :(

#41 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2130 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:08 PM

No one has included Golden Abyss in their rankings :(

Exactly.

My order is 2 > 4 > LL > 3 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>> GA

I had more fun with 2 at the time, even though it is clearly inferior techwise.  It just felt better to me since it was doing some things that felt really fresh and cool.  By the time 4 rolled around, the graphics were amazing, but I'd ridden this horse before.

#42 Inferno700  

Inferno700

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

Need advice on few games thank you for your help

1. Rise of the tomb raider ps4. With GCU i can get it for 15.99 what are the chances of it becoming $15.99 without GCU anytime soon or is this the loweSt it's gonna be for a while

2. How's everybody's golf worth $20?

3.I am looking to buying witcher 3 complete edition bestbuy doesn't even have it and the lowest I have seen it get is $24.99 my sweetspot is $20

The Wither 3 Complete was $20 a few weeks ago digital and $16 with GCU sometime this summer. Too bad you missed those since you are still holding out.

#43 Churchbus   Squirtin out both ends CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Churchbus

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:06 PM

Is Persona 5 expected to be hard-to-find anytime soon?  I'm not ready to play it just yet, but $30 is certainly the cheapest I've seen it.  I'm afraid that if I wait too long, it'll go out of print and I won't be able to find new copies at a decent price.

#44 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

Lego Worlds for Switch is decently priced at $20.  I know it was cheaper on BF but hasn't been that cheap since  (and it sold out rather quickly too)

#45 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

Uncharted:

LL>4>2>3>1

#46 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

It falls under the Holiday return dates of October 1 through December 24th. I purchased my X1X on Black Friday, maybe we can return rebuy. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience return rebuying if you used all trade credit for the original purchase and wanted to rebuy with that credit again? Thanks

I attempted a return/rebuy with a ps4 pro for the updated deal. Found out general GS policy is you can do a return/rebuy on a new system if it's within the return window and the box in unopened and sealed. General rule is they won't do it if opened. This has to do with when the warranty period begins. Sales transaction records the serial number & if you've registered the system online then you've definitely triggered the warranty. But YMMV.

Form of payment shouldn't matter (cash, cc, tc, etc.). I've done lots of return rebuys with trade credit without an issue. The caveat is that the employee has to know what they're doing. Otherwise it turns into a fiasco.

#47 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

Is Hitman worth $20? Kinda interested in it, but I'm not sure if its been lower.

I didn't like it. And I like stealth games. 

#48 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

If the used price for battlefront 2 dropped I will bite

No it didn't. Only used prices I notice drop were BF 1, Dishonored 2, & Prey.

#49 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

I did a return/rebuy on my Scorpio edition and the pubg code printed out on the receipt.

#50 anarchyburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1311 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

anarchyburger

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

I did a return/rebuy on my Scorpio edition and the pubg code printed out on the receipt.

nice. I'm going to try it at my home store, the lead there is cool and might be able to do it for my Scorpio edition

#51 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:18 PM

Did you just bring in the receipt or did you have to bring the console in as well?

#52 showtimefolks  

showtimefolks

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:23 PM

The Wither 3 Complete was $20 a few weeks ago digital and $16 with GCU sometime this summer. Too bad you missed those since you are still holding out.

yeah i missed it now the lowest it gets is $25 but i will wait 

i am debating whether to pick up ROTTR now for $16 at bestbu or wait till it gets to 15.99 than use gcu

but i haven't seen it below 20 anywhere

#53 spoderman  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

i am debating whether to pick up ROTTR now for $16 at bestbu or wait till it gets to 15.99 than use gcu

but i haven't seen it below 20 anywhere

It's been $15 at target on BF and $12 at Target on clearance

#54 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

Did you just bring in the receipt or did you have to bring the console in as well?

Mine was sealed so I brought it in. I'm pretty sure they need to scan in the serial # to return/rebuy but could be wrong. The serial # should be on the receipt so I would try with the receipt only first and worst case bring in the box or console.

#55 dorath  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:33 PM

ROTTR hit 12.00 after GCU last week at BB.

#56 showtimefolks  

showtimefolks

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

ROTTR hit 12.00 after GCU last week at BB.

really 

didn't know that 

#57 TheCollegeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

TheCollegeGamer

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:07 AM

It still seems hard to find Nier.

(Also, there's no such thing as a good Uncharted game. Naughty Dog hasn't made anything worth playing since Jak 3.)

#58 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:49 AM

It still seems hard to find Nier.

(Also, there's no such thing as a good Uncharted game. Naughty Dog hasn't made anything worth playing since Jak 3.)

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.  But seriously?  The Last of Us?  WTF, Jak 3?  No good Uncharted game? Such a hipster comment.  

south-park-s10e02c01-thanks-16x9.jpg?qua

#59 TheCollegeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

TheCollegeGamer

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:04 AM

Closest thing to something good they've made is "Left Behind" which wasn't saddled with the shortcomings of TLoU (namely the illusion of freedom, giving you the option of stealthing just up to the point where the game wants to remind you that as a player your agency is always limited, which was handled at least conceptually well with the ending, but incredibly poorly in the gameplay up to that point) or the poor writing that has plagued UC since the first game. Obviously the games look great, but mechanically they are rough to play, a problem with a good number of third person shooters so that's not just a Naughty Dog thing, and it's hard to be sympathetic or a character who is a mass murdering machine. I get why people like Naughty Dog games, they guide you down a path and look pretty, but even compared to something like the more recent Tomb Raiders, which very clearly ape a ton from UC, they feel so far behind and limited in scope. Some of this is rectified in TLL, like in the more open areas of UC4, but even that has a problem kicking all the bad habits that have come to mark PS3 and beyond era Naughty Dog.

Not really sure what the problem with Jak 3 is, aside from it not being as good as Jak 2 or any of the R&C PS2 titles. Crash Team Racing is also a good game; however, the original Crash games, while admirable at the time for what they did, are also not good games.

#60 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6786 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:46 PM

cool