Target Cartwheel Deals 12/24-12/30

Paulis30ish

Banned
So far, just the two continuing deals from last week. I imagine that we will get some new deals the day after Christmas. Here are the deals...

50% Off Skylanders Imaginators Sensei figures (Expires 12/26)

35% Off Logitech PC Gaming Accessories (Expires 12/30)

As I suspected, here are some after X-Mas deals to blow your Target Gift Cards on...

50% Off All Sims 4 PC Games (Expires 12/30)

30% Off 2018 EA Sports Games Xbox One, PS4, or Switch (Expires 12/30)

50% Off Monopoly for Switch (Expires 12/30)

50% Off Jeopardy & Wheel of Fortune PS4 or Xbox One (Expires 12/30)

And, here is a super good deal...

30% Off Xbox One S 500gb Bundles (Expires 12/30)
Xbox One S is currently $200, making this deal at least $60 off, or more if you have a Red Card which takes off another 5%.

Damn that is indeed a hot deal for the Xbone. Wished there was something for the PS4 this would since the slim model is still on sale for $249

f27b192def12ca2bf24345fae51fa7f6.jpg

Just bought an Xbox one S for $139.99 with the cartwheel discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked for me manager came over matched target.com and then I asked to scan the cartwheel app. She said your total is 148 you saved $60 dollars 😀

I got one tonight. Price match for Target.com was no problem. However, the cashier tried to say that you can’t use the Cartwheel deal with a price match. Yes, you can when you match Targets own price. Also got the Red Card 5% discount.
Nice....

Target would rather make $140 on a console, than lose a sale. Just like any other corporation. Despite what the policy says. Honestly, store prices should be the exact same as online. They made a huge mistake by merging the barcode of red cards and cartwheel coupons. Because, now people can price match, and attach coupons to the red card barcode, and just check out like stealthy ninjas without ever mentioning having a cartwheel coupon attached.

The managers at my local Target have said many times, If it scans its good. I get that. However, some read way to far into the policy. Don’t you think their corporate office has the ability to turn off the usage of the Cartwheel barcode?
I find it best to ask if I’m denied. It’s always worked for me.
YMMV is probably appropriate.

Target would rather make $140 on a console, than lose a sale. Just like any other corporation. Despite what the policy says. Honestly, store prices should be the exact same as online. They made a huge mistake by merging the barcode of red cards and cartwheel coupons. Because, now people can price match, and attach coupons to the red card barcode, and just check out like stealthy ninjas without ever mentioning having a cartwheel coupon attached.
you are using ‘make’ in very loose terms. Pretty sure they’re losing money here. It just clears out inventory costs

As it is. I am having a hard time holding off in trying to get this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for a sub-$100 deal on one of these. I know it's coming and I only really want it for OG/360 backwards compatibility along with a 4k BD player lol.

I wish this were true. I tried to get target to price match Gamestop on a recent deal. I went to several targets in my area. The first said they wouldnt match it because it wasn't available online. I argued that I could in fact make my purchase online for instore pickup, that the gamestop across the parking lot would sell it to me for that price, and that I had just purchased the same game from that gamestop across the street and provided them with the receipt and they just continued to say no. The second said they dont match gamestop. Another just said they dont price match at all. Another said they wont pricematch from October through January. Keep in mind this was maybe $20 off a $40 game. I couldnt find any others locally so thats why the target attempt. Every Target employee was an asshole about my even asking. I just said thank you, offered to put the merchandise back where i found it, and continued about my business without making a fuss even though I know they were all full of shit.

REWIND

Alright lots to digest here and some misinformation going around.

• Price match+cartwheel, even to Target.com, is against their stated policy.
  • If a manager says "if it scans it's OK", while great for you, is factually incorrect.
  • Target would not "rather have the $140". Wouldn't they just sell it for $140 then with no cartwheel if that were the case? Target stores had troubles keeping them in stock at the $200 price point, no sense in selling for $140.
  • It is allowed in their point of sale, as mentioned. I will agree that they absolutely could do something to block it and cannot offer an explanation as to why they don't block it.
Basically, if you can do it, go for it, and congrats if you succeed. If you get denied, there is a reason for it; justifying it or arguing over it in any way won't help. It isn't the cashier's or manager's fault they are just doing there job. Be polite and try another Target.

Source: Target Employee who has worked 100s of hours there in 2017**

**This is not the source of my ad previews, I get them earlier than Target stores usually.

Still waiting for a sub-$100 deal on one of these. I know it's coming and I only really want it for OG/360 backwards compatibility along with a 4k BD player lol.
In the past they did the same thing. They would first clear the consoles out with a cartwheel coupon and then what was left was cleared out with a massive clearance. Your best bet is the Minecraft bundle because those are still in stock at a lot stores.

From all the Xbox sales, I think Microsoft is going to discontinue making 500Gb models and make the 1Tb bundles as their standard models (follow what Sony did).

Like Target did with all the $99 Xbox 360’s back in the day. I tried to get a 500G at GameStop. Zero on hand in about 20 stores. Available on line only.

So wrong I don't even know where to start. Try business 101 at your local community college before you spout nonsense online, please.

I wish this were true. I tried to get target to price match Gamestop on a recent deal. I went to several targets in my area. The first said they wouldnt match it because it wasn't available online. I argued that I could in fact make my purchase online for instore pickup, that the gamestop across the parking lot would sell it to me for that price, and that I had just purchased the same game from that gamestop across the street and provided them with the receipt and they just continued to say no. The second said they dont match gamestop. Another just said they dont price match at all. Another said they wont pricematch from October through January. Keep in mind this was maybe $20 off a $40 game. I couldnt find any others locally so thats why the target attempt. Every Target employee was an asshole about my even asking. I just said thank you, offered to put the merchandise back where i found it, and continued about my business without making a fuss even though I know they were all full of shit.
Not being available online could *maybe* be a valid excuse. I remember Best Buy way back in the day would call the store to verify stock in-store. However all the other excuses are indeed horseshit.

I stopped by the Lamborghini dealership on the way home and offered them $300 for a Huracan. The guy said "Shit, $300 is better than a lost sale." Thanks for the tip!

Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled by somebody with almost twenty years of retail experience, in something known as Wholesale. Wholesale is when a company buys a large amount of items for a very small price per item, then sells that item in their store for an inflated price, usually called the MSRP or Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. MSRP is not the set in stone price. It is just a guideline so that certain stores don't overcharge you for items. The MSRP of a Xbox One S is currently $279.99 for a 500gb bundle. But, Microsoft currently has it on sale practically everywhere at a new MSRP of $199.99 for a limited time, basically until the end of the year. That gives stores the option to sell the Xbox at that price, or lower, if they choose. You may think that Target would be losing money selling Xboxes for $60 less than MSRP, but they wouldn't. Because, they only pay a few dollars for each console, if even that much, because they buy thousands of them. Any unsold consoles get sent back to the manufacturer (being Microsoft), and Target gets paid back the money that it spent on the unsold consoles. Or, sometimes, a third party store like a TJ Maxx or a Ross will pay Target slightly more than they paid for the systems wholesale. So, that they can sell them at their store for a discounted price. Target stuff ends up in my town's local TJ Maxx all the time because of this, because they share a parking lot, and it is easier for Target to offload clearance items on to the local TJ Maxx, than shipping a bunch of stuff back to various companies and getting the money refunded. The prices that we pay for items, are not what the items are actually worth. That is why Microsoft can sell a console that cost $500 a few years ago, for only $200 now. Because, they set the price, and then the companies they sell the products to, can choose to have sales to move the items out of stores. Because, sending them back and getting refunded is a long arduous process.

TL;DR: Selling the Xbox One S for $140 is not a financial loss for them, because they only paid a few dollars for each system. It would be more of a loss if they sold the consoles for $5. Since that is closer to what they paid. It's also the reason why a $60 game can be on clearance at Target for $6. They spent way less than $6 on each copy of the game, so they are still making a profit. Even when things are on sale. All stores artificially inflate prices to make their sales seem like a better deal. That is retail 101.

Wholesale is when you offer to buy a huge number of items for a greatly discounted price. Like, instead of buying one Xbox for $500. You offer to buy 1,000 of them for $5,000 making them $5, but selling them at your store for their original price to consumers.

A consoles main purpose is to sell you games. A console is a one time purchase, but some people buy hundreds of games. And, the discs that games and printed on are worth less than pennies, but we pay $60 for them. The Xbox is just a box that Microsoft sells you, so that you will pay $60 to pay games on it over and over, along with paying for Xbox Live every year. That is why they can "take a loss". Because, they know that they are going to make all of that money back in game sales.

TL;DR: Selling the Xbox One S for $140 is not a financial loss for them, because they only paid a few dollars for each system. It would be more of a loss if they sold the consoles for $5. Since that is closer to what they paid. It's also the reason why a $60 game can be on clearance at Target for $6. They spent way less than $6 on each copy of the game, so they are still making a profit. Even when things are on sale. All stores artificially inflate prices to make their sales seem like a better deal. That is retail 101.
Zantra, I like you, and appreciate you posting Carthweel deals very early for us, but the logic you present here is wrong. As I mentioned, Target has been having a pretty easy time selling these for $200, there's no incentive for Target to sell it for $140. There are tons of daily metrics at each store, including Target, that relate to sales dollars and every bit counts. No sense in losing out on $60 when someone will walk in an hour later and pay $200. A loss of $60 once isn't so bad but when you let everyone do it, that adds up.

As mentioned above also, the markup on video games are much different. I'd call it "Video Game Sales 102". It's well known among gaming circles that Microsoft'/Sony/etc. is losing money on hardware. That comes from the costs to make the console not at the deep loss to the retailer. The markup on software, as you mentioned, is minimal. This is why people were baffled by Best Buy's GCU program, as they are only making a few dollars on each game with GCU factored in. I'm sorry but you're delusional if you think retailers are paying $6 wholesale for a $60 game.

A consoles main purpose is to sell you gave. A console is a one time purchase, but some people buy hundreds of games. And, the discs that games and printed on are worth less than pennies, but we pay $60 for them. The Xbox is just a box that Microsoft sells you, so that you will pay $60 to pay games on it over and over, along with paying for Xbox Live every year. That is why they can "take a loss". Because, they know that they are going to make all of that money back in game sales.
Microsoft can take that loss but Target doesn't want too though.

They pay way less than that. Here's an example. I used to work in the sales department for a theme park which will not be named, but it is one of the big three in the world. Anyway, we sold corndogs at the park for $10. Pretty expensive, but people paid it. But, the truth is, that we were only spending 5 cents per corn dog. And, marking up the price on them like crazy. But, people were still buying them. And, certain days we would have sales on them for half off. And, do you know what happened when we had them on sale for half off? We sold almost four times as many corn dogs, and doubled our profit, on something that barely cost us anything. If Target knows that it will sell twice as many Xboxes or more, by putting out a cartwheel that will drop $60 off of the price (which they have), they will do it. Because, in the long run, it means bigger profits. Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year because people go crazy for sales. People are much more likely to buy an item if they think that they are saving money on it. Why do you think that it's doing so well at $200? Not only is it the cheapest home console option, but it's also technically "on sale" from the original $500 price from 2013. People see something for $300 less than the original cost, and of course they are going to buy it up. Dropping even more money from the price, just puts blood in the water, and makes people want to buy it more. This is the first time in a long time, that I have walked into a Target and they have had no Xboxes in their glass cases.

Wholesale is when you offer to buy a huge number of items for a greatly discounted price. Like, instead of buying one Xbox for $500. You offer to buy 1,000 of them for $5,000 making them $5, but selling them at your store for their original price to consumers.
Dude, you cool and all but you should go back and re-read what you wrote. You are, surely, not trying to suggest the average retail mark-up 10x the original cost of the product. That's just insane.

I mean if that was the case why wouldn't all retailers price their 5 dollar Xbox at 20 bucks and blow every other retailer out of the water

Dude, you cool and all but you should go back and re-read what you wrote. You are, surely, not trying to suggest the average retail mark-up 10x the original cost of the product. That's just insane.
I mean if that was the case why wouldn't all retailers price their 5 dollar Xbox at 20 bucks and blow every other retailer out of the water
It was an example. I have no information on how much Target specifically paid, but usually it's a few cents on the dollar at most for each item. Also, we have laws that keep companies from pricing things however they want. That is why the standard for games is $60. In other countries like Japan, where they don't have laws like that, they price their games however they want.

Typically buying in bulk nets one a bigger discount, but in this instance with an Xbox One, it does not get to the point where the console is mere dollars. There's no reason Microsoft would sell the console at such a huge loss even if they plan to make the majority of their profits selling games/memberships. Target does not acquire the console for $5, or $10, or even $100.

Let me provide a mathematical example with imaginary numbers. If Microsoft took, let's say a $250 loss on each console (costs 300 to make, sell in bulk at 50 a console), and sold 1 million at this discount, they would have a net loss of 250 million just to get the console into a retailer's hand. 😩

Typically buying in bulk nets one a bigger discount, but in this instance with an Xbox One, it does not get to the point where the console is mere dollars. There's no reason Microsoft would sell the console at such a huge loss even if they plan to make the majority of their profits selling games/memberships. Target does not acquire the console for $5, or $10, or even $100.
Let me provide a mathematical example with imaginary numbers. If Microsoft took, let's say a $250 loss on each console (costs 300 to make, sell in bulk at 50 a console), and sold 1 million at this discount, they would have a net loss of 250 million just to get the console into a retailer's hand.
That probably explains why they are doing the most poorly this console generation. It happened to Nintendo and Sony to certain degrees in the last console generation. Now it is happening to Microsoft. And, I still believe that they can afford the loss, because they aren't just Xbox. They are a software and technology company, too. They make computers, and cameras, and microphones, and monitors, and tablets, and up until a little while ago, smart phones and portable music players. Xbox isn't their only baby. They can still afford to take a slight loss on the Xbox, because they make so much money on everything else. Also, pricing the Xbox One X at $500 seemed almost like an intentional way to get more people to buy the S.

Also, Bill Gates is one of the richest people in the world. And, with Trump's tax cuts, he is now even richer. I think Target selling the system for $60 off won't hurt Microsoft at all, because most people will take that $60 savings, and buy a $60 game with the money that they saved. And, if Microsoft is anything like Nintendo, they get a share of the sale of every single game disc or digital download.

And in keeping with how much you pretend to know about economics you should explain to us how "fake news" works too.

Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled by somebody with almost twenty years of retail experience
Allow the rest of us to provide you a lesson in discussion etiquette. After this opening line it doesnt matter what your point is and you've lost all credibility. Perhaps this is why you spent 20 years in retail?

Allow the rest of us to provide you a lesson in discussion etiquette. After this opening line it doesnt matter what your point is and you've lost all credibility. Perhaps this is why you spent 20 years in retail?
You mean a corn dog vendor isn't something to aspire to?

100% agree...thought I might be one of the only ones not interested in it for the xb1 games

1. Offer Microsoft $5000 for 4000 Xbox One X's

2. Flip on Craigslist for $50 each

3. ???

4. Profit

Can't believe nobody in the GS Trade Thread has come up with this scheme yet. See you later neck beards, I'll be retired on my yacht in no time.

1. Offer Microsoft $5000 for 4000 Xbox One X's
2. Flip on Craigslist for $50 each
3. ???
4. Profit

Can't believe nobody in the GS Trade Thread has come up with this scheme yet. See you later neck beards, I'll be retired on my yacht in no time.
3. Get shot by ‘buyer’ at exchange location

Things like game consoles and Apple products have less than a 10% markup. I used to sell computers at a retail job and knew the wholesale prices and they were usually $20 or less of a markup. For the stuff to be profitable, we had to sell protection plans and add-ons.

Worked for me manager came over matched target.com and then I asked to scan the cartwheel app. She said your total is 148 you saved $60 dollars 😀
I was able to price match Target.com and have Cartwheel stack on top of it with no issues. I also got the additional 5% off with my Red Card. Pretty sweet deal!

A lot of garbage in this thread which kinda buried what someone said about the red card and cartwheel bar codes being merged...which actually seems rather important. If that's true (not sure), it really blurs the line about how the policy should be (and can be) enforced.

Yeah, can't really compare corn dogs to game consoles as far as wholesale cost discount goes.

bread's done
Back