* * * - - 5 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#4591 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:23 PM

The Mech Edition definitely looks cool, the game however looks a like a bland, generic third person cover shooter, judging from that 10 minutes gameplay clip.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Hoping it’s like Vanquish. We need more Vanquish!

#4592 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1159 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:36 PM

the Mech Edition isn't a true CE per se, it's show up as base game with a bundle of extra stuff at checkout. I'll probably wait a month or two and see if there would be new gameplay video before deciding on this.

#4593 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:04 AM

the Mech Edition isn't a true CE per se, it's show up as base game with a bundle of extra stuff at checkout. I'll probably wait a month or two and see if there would be new gameplay video before deciding on this.

It's a run of 3000.  Don't take too long to decide.  You never know when someone will decide it's a good thing to scalp.

#4594 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:21 AM

It's a run of 3000. Don't take too long to decide. You never know when someone will decide it's a good thing to scalp.

Where does it say 3,000 only?

#4595 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1159 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:33 AM

Where does it say 3,000 only?

First pic of Vigilante's post, top left hand corner, the red box with Warning disclaimer.

#4596 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1271 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:20 PM

So I noticed steelbook case for the new Fallout @ Best Buy... do you not get it for free when purchasing or is it $10 no matter what?

#4597 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:27 PM

So I noticed steelbook case for the new Fallout @ Best Buy... do you not get it for free when purchasing or is it $10 no matter what?

It was recent pre-orders get it, so you have to cancel and order again if you want it free I'm guessing.

#4598 Jurai  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:13 PM

From another thread, Wal-Mart is seemingly still retroactively applying a $90 discount to Fallout 76 Power Armor orders for whatever reason

#4599 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4219 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:07 PM

It was recent pre-orders get it, so you have to cancel and order again if you want it free I'm guessing.

They usually add it to previous orders for stuff like this.

#4600 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

Some people were saying that they are no longer retroactively adding this stuff to old orders just new ones.

#4601 dualrec  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:34 PM

the terms either said only new orders or excluded existing orders

#4602 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5917 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:55 PM

the terms either said only new orders or excluded existing orders

Where are you seeing that?  I just checked the item and offer page and there is no such caveat.  I also just had them automatically add the free figure to my months old Starlink order, so they do clearly still automatically update older orders.  

#4603 wakkawakka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

wakkawakka

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:17 PM

I don't get it so are they screwing over the people who pre-ordered the power armor edition at best buy when. It was sold out within a few hours??

#4604 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2789 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:10 PM

Quick question for those of you who got a 500 Million PS4 From GameStop (no bundle especially) - did GS ship it in original Sony box (four padded corners suspended dealio) or did they put it in their own box with their own air packets and ship it to you?

I managed to snag one last week when they randomly went up and it showed up in GS Box with a ton of air packets and as far as I can tell it's factory new (slight wear to the plastic wrapping in one corner but it has the blue tape on neatly that I saw on an unboxing). Was curious.

#4605 Jurai  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:10 PM

Quick question for those of you who got a 500 Million PS4 From GameStop (no bundle especially) - did GS ship it in original Sony box (four padded corners suspended dealio) or did they put it in their own box with their own air packets and ship it to you?

I managed to snag one last week when they randomly went up and it showed up in GS Box with a ton of air packets and as far as I can tell it's factory new (slight wear to the plastic wrapping in one corner but it has the blue tape on neatly that I saw on an unboxing). Was curious.

I saw multiple people say that GS repacked them for some stupid reason

#4606 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   375 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:13 PM

Mine was repacked.

#4607 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2789 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:26 PM

Mine was repacked.

Okay, thanks for the responses! Was yours a bundle of standalone? And for the ones you guys heard the were repacked, did they really do it for people who just ordered the console only??

It looks factory packed (especially with the neatly placed blue tape), but I wasn't sure why it was in a normal box and given I got it during a random time last week I was worried it could (although less likely with the blue tape appearing untampered) quite possibly be a return. Still surprised/skeptical that after so many failures and how long the checkout took (website was slow as hell but I added it to cart quickly) that I may have actually gotten a factory new one

#4608 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5917 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:57 PM

Okay, thanks for the responses! Was yours a bundle of standalone? And for the ones you guys heard the were repacked, did they really do it for people who just ordered the console only??

It looks factory packed (especially with the neatly placed blue tape), but I wasn't sure why it was in a normal box and given I got it during a random time last week I was worried it could (although less likely with the blue tape appearing untampered) quite possibly be a return. Still surprised/skeptical that after so many failures and how long the checkout took (website was slow as hell but I added it to cart quickly) that I may have actually gotten a factory new one

Mine was console only and it was not repacked from Gamestop.com in the original batch.  Having said that, other than the protection of the four corner pieces and the small information block on the brown cardboard Sony box indicating the model number, there was nothing too special about having the original shipping box.  In Europe, however, there was an additional set of manuals that were packed in the cardboard shipping box, but outside of the console box, so that was one reason that people were freaking out about a repack after they saw the European unboxing video and thought Gamestop had thrown those manuals away.  

#4609 jr1016   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1145 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:13 AM

Anyone looking forward to Darksiders 3 CE? I wonder how the quality of the statue will be. My GCU expires next week and Bestbuy sent me a 25% off 1 game which stacks with GCU and thinking about using it on that one.

#4610 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:01 AM

Waiting on bestbuy to put up kingdom hearts the story so far bundle for pre order online. Wish the game came with a box that comes with a pin or something tho

#4611 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36687 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:47 PM

Waiting on bestbuy to put up kingdom hearts the story so far bundle for pre order online. Wish the game came with a box that comes with a pin or something tho

I'd prefer a steelbook to go with the Kingdom Hearts 3 Limited Edition steelbook.

#4612 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10529 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:59 PM

Anyone looking forward to Darksiders 3 CE? I wonder how the quality of the statue will be. My GCU expires next week and Bestbuy sent me a 25% off 1 game which stacks with GCU and thinking about using it on that one.

I'm looking forward to it.  It will probably be my last Collectors Edition GCU purchase, I expire at the end of this month.

#4613 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:06 PM

It seems like it'll be a decent quality.  I think the other ones in the apocalypse edition had been released at some point, so it's safe to say Fury will be of similar quality.  I have the same coupon and DS3 is the only CE this year I'm somewhat interested in that I don't have pre-ordered already.  25% off the big CE is a little tempting, but $300 is still a lot.

#4614 jr1016   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1145 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:53 AM

It seems like it'll be a decent quality.  I think the other ones in the apocalypse edition had been released at some point, so it's safe to say Fury will be of similar quality.  I have the same coupon and DS3 is the only CE this year I'm somewhat interested in that I don't have pre-ordered already.  25% off the big CE is a little tempting, but $300 is still a lot.

i went ahead and preordered it, got it down to $90 after both discounts. Retail is at $150 not $300, the apocalypse edition is $400 and comes with 4 statues.

#4615 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:11 AM

i went ahead and preordered it, got it down to $90 after both discounts. Retail is at $150 not $300, the apocalypse edition is $400 and comes with 4 statues.

Apocalypse is $300 after 25% off.

#4616 jr1016   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1145 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:10 AM

Apocalypse is $300 after 25% off.

GCU and the coupon stacks but $200+ is still too much for me.

#4617 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:34 AM

GCU and the coupon stacks but $200+ is still too much for me.

I didn't get a coupon until my GCU was 1 day out.  Mine is already gone, so I won't stack anything.

#4618 kusso92  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:19 AM

When did you get the 25% coupon? And did you have to do anything special to get it? or just one of those email coupon things?

#4619 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

When did you get the 25% coupon? And did you have to do anything special to get it? or just one of those email coupon things?

I think it goes out when your GCU is a few days from expiring. 

#4620 jr1016   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1145 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:15 PM

Got the coupon couple of days ago and my GCU expires on the 15th.