- - - - -

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#31 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:42 AM

Always well done.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#32 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11033 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

Great new thread!

FYI, your Best Buy and EB Games links under Titan Quest go the The Alliance Alive.  I think right now Titan Quest is only available to preorder at Amazon.

Also, there is a Best Buy link for The 25th Ward CE though looks like its OOS (was in stock now says coming soon):

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6130013

#33 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:47 AM

Fixed. 

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll be scouring the interwebs looking for more things to add and I'll be updating more frequently. 

#34 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10513 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:08 PM

Love what you've done with the place, Vogyn...and Thanks!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#35 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13287 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:24 PM

All these interesting CE's and yet none that I want. Guess it's not a bad place to be eh?

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#36 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder CAGiversary!   7245 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:50 PM

Should be a lot cleaner w/o any 2017 stuff. Wasn't fast enough to post everything in succession. This will be the official one for next year. 

Looks good. Thanks for all the hard work.. I know it isn't easy.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#37 Batto47  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

Only have one preorder for the new year so far. That's a first for me.

#38 Offthecrossbar   Takes One Step Forward CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Offthecrossbar

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

Can't wait to see which of these I'll be picking up for 1/3rd of the price a year after release!

Excellent work on the thread as usual. At least most of us know how much work it takes keeping this updated and appreciate your effort.

#39 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1824 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

*sniff sniff*

#40 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2408 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

FYI: 

The 25th Ward: The Silver Case Limited Edition - Playstation 4 - $39.99 ($31.99 with GCU)

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6130013

It is now orderable.  OP might want to update the original post when he has a chance.  Also, it is $50 cheaper than what was listed.  Not sure if this is a pricing error.

#41 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4103 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

Also will they really not bring Secret of Mana CE to the US :(?

Outlook isn't good considering you can only get the regular copy through GameStop but I'm still holding out hope.

#42 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22332 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:51 AM

For those of you with a Target RedCard, you can get the Uncharted 4 CE for ~$50. 

https://www.target.c...24#lnk=sametab 

It's on clearance for $60, and Target is running 20% off clearance items if you have a RedCard and then you'll get another 5% RedCard discount on top of it. 

Currently playing: 

:3ds: Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology - :)

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#43 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:22 AM

As much as I want to import a JP edition, this is nice for the Americas...

So far only seeing it on the Atlas website, but it mentions all pre-orders being upgraded.

Dragons-Crown-Pro_2017_12-20-17_001-600x

#44 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:35 AM

As much as I want to import a JP edition, this is nice for the Americas...

So far only seeing it on the Atlas website, but it mentions all pre-orders being upgraded.

Dragons-Crown-Pro_2017_12-20-17_001-600x

Nice, I want that metal case.  I don't see a link to best buy yet for it on the page - only Amazon, Newegg and GS.  I'd rather not risk it getting crushed from Amazon, hopefully best buy ends up getting it too.

MidoriMonkey.png

#45 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11033 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

Nice, I want that metal case.  I don't see a link to best buy yet for it on the page - only Amazon, Newegg and GS.  I'd rather not risk it getting crushed from Amazon, hopefully best buy ends up getting it too.

Best Buy's link (though not able to be ordered yet, likely soon):

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6180405

$39.99 after GCU for this will be pretty sweet.

#46 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13287 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:46 PM

BB link shows the picture of the SE so it's definitely coming. Just waiting to be able to pre-order now. Glad this got a remaster because I never got around to getting my elf to 99 last time around and was having a lot of fun with it, just too many games came out heh.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#47 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3602 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the link. This is how all games should be made:  steel/metal case with something extra thrown in for a reasonable price.

#48 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5694 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for the link. This is how all games should be made:  steel/metal case with something extra thrown in for a reasonable price.

It's a remaster with a new soundtrack.  The economics of doing something like this where you are reusing the basic IP are far different than building a game from scratch.  As such, you could argue that this is actually overpriced and the metal case is just a cheap means of convincing people they are getting a bargain.  

#49 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3602 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

It's a remaster with a new soundtrack.  The economics of doing something like this where you are reusing the basic IP are far different than building a game from scratch.  As such, you could argue that this is actually overpriced and the metal case is just a cheap means of convincing people they are getting a bargain.  

Well, I meant that actual new games released for $59.99 could also include a steel case and something small for the same price instead of costing $20 or $30 more for the "Deluxe" Edition. A soundtrack or some cool cards like in this one are a nice touch. I am not saying don't have the $100+ Limited / Collector Editions, but maybe add something every once in awhile to the standard games to show the fans some love so they don't have to spend $100 to get some swag.

#50 elessar123  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:08 PM

Well, I meant that actual new games released for $59.99 could also include a steel case and something small for the same price instead of costing $20 or $30 more for the "Deluxe" Edition. A soundtrack or some cool cards like in this one are a nice touch. I am not saying don't have the $100+ Limited / Collector Editions, but maybe add something every once in awhile to the standard games to show the fans some love so they don't have to spend $100 to get some swag.

They often do though? More often in Europe, but Persona 5 Steelbook edition? FFXII? Yakuza Kimwami? First print editions of Atlus games?

Spoiler

#51 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3602 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:01 PM

They often do though? More often in Europe, but Persona 5 Steelbook edition? FFXII? Yakuza Kimwami? First print editions of Atlus games?

Well I dont care for Persona or Yakuza games, and Final Fantasy 12 is another remaster. But you're right on the Atlas games, so point taken.

#52 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

So what do you guys think was the WORST CE of 2017?

I dont mean if you include quality of the game, I meant worst overall value. I would imagine their were quite a few that were just too expensive with odd/lackluster inclusions to justify the purchase.

I personally think the Injustice 2 Infinity Eggs edition was the biggest letdown.

#53 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6706 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

two of the three games you just named are remakes.  poor example

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#54 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

Sweet, thanks for the link. I was on the fence about getting it day one, but with the extras + 40 bucks after gcu, I'm definitely grabbing it day one now.  That and the fact it works with the ps3 version.  I can give my old copy to a friend to play together :)  

MidoriMonkey.png

#55 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:27 AM

Recap:

12/28/18 - Version 1.1

New editions: 

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Limited Edition - 02/08/18 - $117.82   :ps4: 

SAO_FatalBullet_SEA_LimitedEd-512x600.pn

Valkyria Chronicles 4: 10th Anniversary Memorial Pack - 03/21/18 - $114.52   :ps4:

Valkyria-Chronicles-4_Nov192017_01.jpg

Dragon's Crown Pro Battle Hardened Edition - 04/24/18 - $49.99   :ps4: 

160266rp_bonusLG.jpg

The Guild 3 Aristocratic Edition  - 06/30/18 - $79.99   :pc: 

817AMO%2BA4fL._SL1500_.jpg

DragonballZ FighterZ went OOS in Bandai & Namco's store. Monster Hunter World looks to be OOS everywhere now. Dissidia NT CE went OOS in Gamestop, not sure if that's a sign to come for Square's site. Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet CE (with artbook & map) only seeing it In Stock at Gamestop's IT site. Sword Art Online: Limited Edition means there's a 3rd SAO CE and its exclusive to Japan. The 25th Ward limited edition bundle is Coming Soon atm on Best Buy, price has been adjusted down to $39.99. Ni no Kuni II: Prince Edition has been readded to the steelbook page. I deleted it for some reason prior. *Amazon's listing of Dragon's Crown Pro lists "Battle Hardened Edition" in the description but not in the title. I assume its not going to be the standard edition when pre-ordered. Best Buy & Gamestop also only have one listing for the game. 

That's all. Will check back in a few days. 

#56 ihadmail   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   903 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:44 AM

Recap:

The 25th Ward limited edition bundle is Coming Soon atm on Best Buy, price has been adjusted down to $39.99.

That's all I could find atm. Will check back in a few days. 

That listing on Best Buy and Amazon is not the bundle. Those listing are only for 25th Ward CE. The bundle includes both 25th Ward CE and Silver Case CE. 

I can't find the links on NIS America now, but they had two separate listings. One was for 25th Ward CE, for $40 the other was for the bundle for $90.

I ordered the bundle directly from NIS and a second 25th Ward CE from Amazon when it was first listed at 29.99. When I try clicking on the product from the Amazon orders page I get the same "product not found" webpage that the link here in the thread gives. 

#57 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:48 AM

That listing on Best Buy and Amazon is not the bundle. Those listing are only for 25th Ward CE. The bundle includes both 25th Ward CE and Silver Case CE. 

I can't find the links on NIS America now, but they had two separate listings. One was for 25th Ward CE, for $40 the other was for the bundle for $90.

I ordered the bundle directly from NIS and a second 25th Ward CE from Amazon when it was first listed at 29.99. When I try clicking on the product from the Amazon orders page I get the same "product not found" webpage that the link here in the thread gives. 

Ooh. The titles make it so confusing then. I'll try to fix it. I've got the same order on Amazon for that price, hope they keep it. 

#58 ihadmail   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   903 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:17 AM

I found the link to the bundle listing on NIS. I agree this is a very confusing listing due to the title of the game.

Bundle: https://store.nisame...tion-ps4-bundle
IMG_8790.PNG

Non-Bundle 25th ward CE: https://store.nisame...ted-edition-ps4
IMG_8791.JPG

#59 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:13 AM

So what do you guys think was the WORST CE of 2017?

I dont mean if you include quality of the game, I meant worst overall value. I would imagine their were quite a few that were just too expensive with odd/lackluster inclusions to justify the purchase.

I personally think the Injustice 2 Infinity Eggs edition was the biggest letdown.

Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite is the one with the infinity eggs, not Injustice 2.

For me it would probably be the Lord of the Rings $300 one. For Honor and Ghost Recon ones come close too.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#60 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6154 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:42 AM

Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite is the one with the infinity eggs, not Injustice 2.

For me it would probably be the Lord of the Rings $300 one. For Honor and Ghost Recon ones come close too.

I dont have any of those but my worst CE is Lawbreakers. lol oh boy.