- - - - -

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#2131 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

I thought the pop-up book was just a single scene! Glad I got one =)

#2132 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11214 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:47 AM

Looks cool, just not 40$ extra cool. I'd rather just spend the difference towards the inevitable artbook and full sound track. I have gotten burned on one too many CEs lately that have tanked in price

EDIT: Just saw the full Soundtrack and 2 sets of Acrylic figures are up on Amazon JP. I'll just get those instead

#2133 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:39 AM

I like the Octopath CE and its only $32 more than the standard with GCU. I just wish Best Buy would ship mine already to arrive on release day. I just looked on Best Buy's site and the standard wont even arrive till the 16th if you order it now.

#2134 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:58 AM

I thought the pop-up book was just a single scene! Glad I got one =)

Same here. I was debating on whether I should cancel or not but to know it’s a pop up book makes to so worth it. I agree that it’s a bit expensive but better then most of the CE/LE nowadays.

#2135 Renzler  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:03 AM

Honestly I only want the outer box, and too lazy to buy it just to sell the pop-up book, coin, and map/poster.

#2136 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:28 AM

I like the Octopath CE and its only $32 more than the standard with GCU. I just wish Best Buy would ship mine already to arrive on release day. I just looked on Best Buy's site and the standard wont even arrive till the 16th if you order it now.

I got my shipping notice at 4:30 pm, and it still says it should arrive Friday. But I’m at the end of the UPS route, I usually get them at the very end of the day, though I have received some stuff even after the “by 8 pm”. Which is still better then being rescheduled because of too many deliveries I suppose.

#2137 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2546 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:30 PM

Question

Octopath Traveler Wayfarer's Edition

Can't believe I slept on this title....and now I regret not getting one.  Anyone have an extra they would be willing to part with?  Or does anyone know if they MIGHT be coming back in stock (probably not but I figured I would ask lol)?  I may just settle for the regular edition in the end as I really don't need to spend $40 on extra crap lol

#2138 Jurai  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:01 PM

Question

Can't believe I slept on this title....and now I regret not getting one.  Anyone have an extra they would be willing to part with?  Or does anyone know if they MIGHT be coming back in stock (probably not but I figured I would ask lol)?  I may just settle for the regular edition in the end as I really don't need to spend $40 on extra crap lol

I cancelled mine last week, if I'd realized the book was an actual book and not just some cheap single scene I probably woulda stayed with it cuz it actually looks pretty nice

#2139 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2546 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:03 PM

I cancelled mine last week, if I'd realized the book was an actual book and not just some cheap single scene I probably woulda stayed with it cuz it actually looks pretty nice

Yea, the more I look at it, while it is really nice, I just feel that it will sit in a box in my game closet lol.  Might just dip and buy the regular edition and save myself a bit of cash.  I downloaded the demo to make sure I like it before I do though.

#2140 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

It’s “Collector’s Edition” not “Displayer’s Edition”.

#2141 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2546 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:21 PM

"Bunch of stuff in a box Edition" is more appropriate lol

#2142 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:22 PM

Question

I "did" see this eventually becoming available in the future because it was available for preorder for a LONG time and a bit expensive for what was in it but now that everyone sees its a pop up "book" it might be a little harder to come by but who knows with CE anymore.

#2143 Jurai  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:27 PM

personally I've been holding off on CE's and just waiting for them to pop up on amazon warehouse for the most part, have a like new Ni No Kuni 2 coming today so we'll see how that is once it arrives

#2144 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3303 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:18 PM

Technically, it's a wayfarer's edition, so I'm going to carry it with me everywhere I walk

#2145 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   1917 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

Honestly I only want the outer box, and too lazy to buy it just to sell the pop-up book, coin, and map/poster.

If only there was a site you could post video game related things for sale, in some type of message board.     :-k  :-k  :-k

#2146 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

I really wish they'd stop making what I'd consider -true- Final Fantasy sequels just for Nintendo. Would love to play these on PS4. :(

#2147 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22419 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:28 PM

I really wish they'd stop making what I'd consider -true- Final Fantasy sequels just for Nintendo. Would love to play these on PS4. :(

What else are you talking about? I'm trying to think and I can come up with the 2x Bravely games and Lost Sphere. 

I was really looking forward to Lost Sphere but it got some pretty meh reviews... then the Mana remake was a complete dud so I ended up cancelled my pre-order for Octopath. 

#2148 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:30 PM

What else are you talking about? I'm trying to think and I can come up with the 2x Bravely games and Lost Sphere. 

I was really looking forward to Lost Sphere but it got some pretty meh reviews... then the Mana remake was a complete dud so I ended up cancelled my pre-order for Octopath. 

Bravely Default is exactly it. I have a 3DS. I have both games. I haven't touched them because I'd rather play them on the big screen with the PS4. Don't judge me lol!

I probably should just sell it but the GF uses it on trips from time to time heh.

#2149 elessar123  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:32 PM

Lost Sphere / I Am Setsuna aren't really FF sequels?

#2150 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:39 PM

IGN reviewed and just gave Octopath a 9.3 looking forward to playing it.

#2151 Bobo84   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:29 AM

I really wish they would give more details about the statues/figures included with these CEs.  Like, what they are made out of - if these were high quality vinyl/PVC/resin or polystone (I know), I would probably get the $400 version.   If they are the usual cheap plastic pieces of crap that litter these CEs, forget it - I'd prefer they remove the one that comes with the $150 CE. 

The Death statue they showed in the video looked the same as this one to me.

Statue

It's been available on its own for a while, made of PVC.  Based on that I'm guessing they're all PVC, but who knows.

#2152 Miker525  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:05 AM

The Death statue they showed in the video looked the same as this one to me.

Statue

It's been available on its own for a while, made of PVC. Based on that I'm guessing they're all PVC, but who knows.

Based on the price of the CE for that many statues I think it's safe to assume they're all PVC. If they were resin it would cost way more money

#2153 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22419 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:06 AM

Bravely Default is exactly it. I have a 3DS. I have both games. I haven't touched them because I'd rather play them on the big screen with the PS4. Don't judge me lol!

I probably should just sell it but the GF uses it on trips from time to time heh.

So... maybe an unpopular opinion but Bravely Default was fun for 25-something hours... and then it becomes pretty tedious/repetitive because, from what I read (since I got sick of it and stopped playing at 30 hours), it's because the 2nd half of the game is basically having you re-play the first half again. Apparently there's meaning behind it but replaying the game again isn't all that fun. 

Lost Sphere / I Am Setsuna aren't really FF sequels?

I was more or less trying to figure out what 'Nintendo only' releases Jodou was talking about... Also, I didn't mention Setsuna... Also, I think we were talking more or less about sipiritual successors, since only X and XIII got proper sequels (and maybe IV, if you could After Years).:-P   

#2154 Jurai  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:02 AM

got my $64 "Like New" Ni No Kuni 2 CE from AWD, it was a dinger, all items untouched and codes intact, glad I didn't pay $200 for it

#2155 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3060 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:53 AM

i am debating should i cancel Valkyria Chronicles 4 collector edition.  Now that i think about it, i am nto sure if the tank and artbook with then 40 extra

#2156 Jurai  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:57 AM

i am debating should i cancel Valkyria Chronicles 4 collector edition.  Now that i think about it, i am nto sure if the tank and artbook with then 40 extra

I'm waiting to see how big the tank actually is

#2157 Lord_Riku   Maximum Nipping CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Lord_Riku

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:54 AM

Octopath CE is back up on Best Buy with GCU! Just ordered it!

#2158 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3849 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:00 AM

Unboxing of Octopath CE & Spoiler Free Review

#2159 AxyzN  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:52 AM

Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition up on Amazon

https://www.amazon.c...PDKIKX0DER&th=1

#2160 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22419 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

Octopath CE is back up on Best Buy with GCU! Just ordered it!

Sweet, got an order in!:D