- - - - -

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#241 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2517 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:40 PM

MHW for PS4 now had DLC and steelbook adding to cart at bestBuy

add to my dilemma of scorpio graphics vs Aloy dlc + possible other excluxives

Anyone know if Best Buy would ship both the Steelbook and game together?  Really worried about my copy coming damaged if I decide to order it because of those shitty ass bubble mailers they use.

#242 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5773 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

Anyone know if Best Buy would ship both the Steelbook and game together?  Really worried about my copy coming damaged if I decide to order it because of thos eshitty ass bubble mailers they use.

They have consistently shipped the steelbook and game separately for me in similar situations in the past.  Sometimes they use a bubble mailer and sometimes they use a box, it really varies.  I think I've only had one steelbook show up damaged which is lucky compared to the multiple steelbooks I have received damaged from them when I order movies and they ship them in that brown glue mailer.    

#243 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9962 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:49 PM

Anyone know if Best Buy would ship both the Steelbook and game together? Really worried about my copy coming damaged if I decide to order it because of thos eshitty ass bubble mailers they use.

If you're worried about shipping damage, I would select store pickup.

#244 dualrec  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

Anyone know if Best Buy would ship both the Steelbook and game together?  Really worried about my copy coming damaged if I decide to order it because of thos eshitty ass bubble mailers they use.

store pickup all the way.  they don't care to package steelbooks at all.  My Tekken 7 looked like the mailman beat it with a baseball bat.

And with store pickup, if they hand you a messed up one, you can instantly ask for another.

#245 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2517 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Thanks for the replies.  I normally order like 3 copies of the same game to make sure they are shipped in a box.  Might just bite the bullet this time and do Store Pickup like you all mentioned.

#246 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:40 PM

Other than the statue being so dark, I really like it.  I would like it even more if I can get the $30 back. :)

EDIT - And now I like it even more. ;)

Thanks for mentioning this. I didn't realize they allowed price adjustments within 30 days of purchase. $32.25 back in my pocket.

#247 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4061 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for the replies.  I normally order like 3 copies of the same game to make sure they are shipped in a box.  Might just bite the bullet this time and do Store Pickup like you all mentioned.

That's called "csbaker Syndrome"

#248 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3647 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:52 AM

I just ordered Mario Kart 8 for Switch with the free steelbook. Best Buy shipped them both in a box together. But I have received other items in an order separate before as well as in a bubble mailer. I have had no damage on items in a bubble mailer, but damage on boxed items. It still happens in both circumstances. Just the luck of the draw.

#249 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1211 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:50 AM

I know this looked down upon but any chance I can buy a copy of monster hunter world for the steelbook and just return the game? The reason why I am asking is because I am getting the monster hunter edition PS4 which comes with a copy of the game. No need for two copies of the game.

#250 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5773 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:00 AM

I know this looked down upon but any chance I can buy a copy of monster hunter world for the steelbook and just return the game? The reason why I am asking is because I am getting the monster hunter edition PS4 which comes with a copy of the game. No need for two copies of the game.

Nope, it will ring as a bundle in store and you will need to return both to get your money back.  

#251 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   703 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:20 AM

Or you know, sell the spare on eBay or Craigslist like normal people would. Better yet, you could even sell to/buy it for a friend if they dont care for the SB.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Prey/Dragon's Dogma   ::   :vita: Monster Monpiece/Muramasa ::   :3ds: n/a

#252 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   357 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

You may be able to buy the Steelbook separately at Best Buy. They may assign it a high value though, so it might not be worth it. The Mario Kart one cost $59.99 separately from the game, but there have been others that cost $20 to $30 on their own. Also, Amazon Germany was selling it separately, but I think they're sold out.

#253 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

You can buy the steelbook from Amazon.de for around $15 shipped.

#254 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13398 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

YMMV. Whenever I've changed my mind on a game that came with a steel, they've taken it back sans the SB NP.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#255 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3274 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

Some stores will let you return stuff without a receipt for store credit. Not BB, but there probably are some that carry video games that will do it.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#256 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2517 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

Best Buy will usually ship the items separately, at least in my experience, and therefore, each item will have a different invoice.  Chances are, if you order online, you could return the game and keep the Steelbook for free. But if you buy in store, they will all be on the same transaction.

I had this happen recently with South Park: The Fractured But Whole.  They shipped the beanie and game separately, with two different invoices.  I went to price match the game, and the associated returned it, sans beanie, and I didn't get charged.  Same thing happened with Overwatch and that metal license plate they gave away.  Try it and see what happens.

#257 GameOverGreggy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

GameOverGreggy

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

Then sell the extra copy on Amazon.   You're not entitled to the Steelbook if you don't want the game, and return fraud doesn't help anything.

#258 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

Then sell the extra copy on Amazon.   You're not entitled to the Steelbook if you don't want the game, and return fraud doesn't help anything.

Agree 100%, have had this discussion here before however there are some immoral in here who think otherwise. They'll stick their heads out.

#259 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

I typically sell the game to GameStop. With GCU and Elite, it's almost a wash. I did this with Mario Kart to get the SB from BB, then sell the game to GS and actually made a little bit due to the extra 70% bump.

#260 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9520 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

There is no chance for return fraud.  BB bundles the two items and if you try to keep one they will deduct that item's value from the refund.

#261 sjc1279   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

Bestbuy will charge you $19.99 for the steelbook.

#262 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4061 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:37 PM

There's a chance BB will lower the price of the steelbook to $9.99 shortly after release. They did it before a few times with steelbooks.

#263 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3274 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:44 AM

There’s also a chance they’ll charge $59.99 for the Steelbook like with MK8
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#264 azurephantom  

azurephantom

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:07 AM

Anybody here order The 25th Ward: The Silver Case limited edition off amazon? Got an updated delivery date for the game, but the product page is still broken?

#265 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:30 AM

01/19/18 - Version 2.1

• Added new section: Official Miscellaneous Gentleman's Junction
  • Updated deals section: Middle-Earth: Shadow of War CE (Microsoft) & Mirror's Edge Catalyst CE (Amazon)
  • Updated release dates: Dragon's Crown Pro, Shantae: Half-Genie, & We Happy Few
  • Bleed + Bleed 2 Bundle Limited Edition: [CE - Play-Asia]
  • Detective Pikachu Amiibo: [Best BuyWalmart]
  • Dynasty Warriors 9 + Steelbook: [Gamestop]
  • Life is Strange: Before the Storm Limited Edition: [Amazon]
  • New Nintendo 2DS XL Pikachu Edition: [Best Buy]
  • Rainbow Skies Limited Edition: [Play-Asia]
  • Senran Kagua Burst Re:Newal Nyuu Nyuu DX Pack: [CE - Play-Asia]
  • The Legend of Zelda: Symphony Posters: [Zelda Symphony]
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4 Limited Edition Playstation 4: [Console - Sony JP]

Anybody here order The 25th Ward: The Silver Case limited edition off amazon? Got an updated delivery date for the game, but the product page is still broken?

Price error by $10. In Amazon fashion they just kill the page. Assuming it goes through or cancellations will arrive whenever the release date is decided. 

Personally I'm a fan of the DB FighterZ CE Statue. It looks sick but I'm canceling my pre-order. Beta's fun but not $140 fun. I'll be playing it on PC instead. Reason is because I've got 3 different pre-orders for Monster Hunter World which releases on the same day. The CE, controller by itself, and the PS4 Pro bundle. 

#266 andycandy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:06 AM

Looks like shadow of colossus special edition sold out at GameStop and only in-store pick up for bestbuy

ktown321.png

#267 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

I ordered it but haven't gotten any updates yet.

#268 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

Looks like shadow of colossus special edition sold out at GameStop and only in-store pick up for bestbuy

I just got NewEgg newsletter this morning and they have it for $45 with coupon code:

https://www.newegg.c...N82E16879248149

Coupon Code: EMCXERP36

I think you may need to be signed up for their newsletter in order to use the code, but not sure.

#269 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

Ordered the game, received a notification yesterday from amazon about release date delivery and when the game actually comes out. First one in months!

#270 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4061 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

https://store.na.squ...nyl-edition-ps4

Life is Strange Before the Storm Vinyl Edition