* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#10321 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8579 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:25 AM

The following games appear to be counting down to 8pm Eastern tomorrow.  If you haven't visited the web store recently, MS changed the look of the pages (including the URLs, "store" isn't part of it anymore, but the site redirects if old URLs are used).  If you load marketplace pages with JavaScript disabled, as my parser script does, there are a bunch of JavaScript function calls with various item metadata, including countdown timers.  The data doesn't show when viewing source in a JavaScript enabled browser, so I guess the data is just processed when the page is drawn and not left over to see.  Hopefully this means countdowns will no longer be limited to EA Access and other currently discounted items, at least until they try to block me.

Date night countdowns - potential E3 2018 edition :

Spoiler

i need more indie games. this list is meh to me. And still n Cuphead or Sonic Mania? disappointed

#10322 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9234 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:29 AM

Glad to hear there are a bunch of people having the networking issue and it’s likely a software and not hardware issue. Was worried there that it was dying on me already!

In other news, I Movie Pass’d Upgrade tonight. Great flick. Just as messed up as I expected.

#10323 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3968 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:35 AM

Destiny 2 and it's DLC is on sale, saw it on the front page. While apparently you still do need to own the previous DLC to play the new Forsaken Expansion announced today, I think it's extremely likely we'll see another $60 bundle with everything like Destiny 1 did when Taken King came out, and later Rise of Iron. 

Destiny 2 and Expansion Pass - $38.99
https://www.microsof...le/c032fkhw3250

Destiny 2 - $19.80
https://www.microsof...-2/bpq955fqfph6

Expansion Pass - $19.24

https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

Edit: Figured I should clarify that the upcoming $40 expansion is NOT included in this. They also announced another pass called the Annual Pass for $30 that will be for the next three "seasons of content" going through next summer.

#10324 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5711 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:40 AM

i need more indie games. this list is meh to me. And still n Cuphead or Sonic Mania? disappointed

Cuphead is counting down (my scan missed it, as it missed A Boy and His Blob last night).  Sonic Mania is not.

#10325 Vap   Banned Banned   1684 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:44 AM

Is there anyway to make a wish list on the Xbox one? Kinda like how steam does it, Or anything remotely similar?

#10326 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:49 AM

When I had my Scorpio at launch within the first 2 weeks or so it would not recognize the wired network with any consistency. Sucks to hear that is an issue still.

#10327 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3968 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:49 AM

Is there anyway to make a wish list on the Xbox one? Kinda like how steam does it, Or anything remotely similar?

No, it's one of the most requested features they haven't implemented or announced yet.

#10328 Vap   Banned Banned   1684 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:52 AM

No, it's one of the most requested features they haven't implemented or announced yet.

Thanks for the quick response. That really sucks. It'd make sorting out and remembering all these indie games I wanna check out at some point so much easier.

#10329 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5306 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:56 AM

You can pin the games you want onto your homepage. That's what I use for a makeshift wishlist.

#10330 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9234 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:10 AM

Didn’t realize that Far Cry 3 Classic Edition from the FC 5 Season Pass was out.

Probably old news...I’m a bit behind....

Edit: yeah, it was out last week. Just now only noticed it in my Ready to Install. LOL

#10331 rickr304   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

rickr304

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:35 AM

Thanks as always for your work, Bloomy. Anyone have thoughts on Kingdom Come? Been eyeing it for a while but reviews during release warned of major bugs and performance issues.

Has the majority of that stuff been ironed out by now?

#10332 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11532 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:53 AM

Looks like Tales of Vesperia "remaster" is happening.

So wonder if it will ever go BC? Probably not.

https://gematsu.com/...site-discovered

#10333 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7566 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:09 AM

Xbox One please :D

#10334 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11532 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:21 AM

That one guy on facebook who always spams Major Nelson's wall is gonna be so happy!

#10335 The Angry Snack   The man, the myth, the Shep. CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

The Angry Snack

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:27 AM

Wanted this game as BC for a long time now. Still, I am really hoping the remaster will definitely be a thing.  :bouncy:

#10336 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:46 AM

I would LOVE it if Cuphead dropped to $15 or lower *fingers crossed*

#10337 PsiScream   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   288 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

Long form interview with, Matt Booty, the guy now doing the Phil Spencer role now that Phil has moved up another executive level. Got to say I don't really like anything he said. 

https://www.mcvuk.co...h-we-can-expand

“There will always be single-player games with maybe 20 to 30 hours of gameplay, we love those kinds of games and there’s a place for those, but it’s also certainly the case with the focus on watching, streaming, broadcast and esports that it’s really important to think about the longevity of a game,” Booty explains.

Ugh. I don't mind the social and streaming elements of games these days, but they are not essential to what I want in a game.  The games I seem to enjoy the most are the ones where I get to use my brain or ability to overcome a challenge of some kind.  Whether that's strategic, or shooting, or story oriented doesn't matter, as long as my input into the game impacts the outcome, and preferably alters the outcome, whereby the game reacts to me instead of being on rails.  The ability to go off and explore, and try different things is also a huge plus.

With that in mind, multiplayer and social games are less interesting to me because they either:

1) rely on other people to have a good time

2) or the gameplay aspect only really emerges because of what other people do (Sea of Thieves seems to fall in this category)

Games like Skyrim, Far Cry, Borderlands, XCom, Cities: Skylines, Mass Effect, Fallout, and so many others are just tons of fun even solo.  Even Minecraft, which I've played quite a bit, can have social and co-operative elements but the game is still terrific without them.  These online games also suffer from flavor-of-the-month syndrome, and then the servers shut down or exist as empty wastelands.

#10338 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:48 AM

Nice to hear about tales of vesperia, eternal sonata next please.

#10339 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   580 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:30 AM

Don't forget you also get 2,000 microsoft reward points if you pick up cuphead. 

#10340 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

give me some dinosaur shit with some guns and a bow a pretty island with mountains and sharks and maybe a bigfoot or two

I'm simple, that's all I need

Rampage 2018: Vacation at Sandals

#10341 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:37 AM

I’ve been having an issue with my Xbox One X lately where it will not connect to a network (or even show a network) unless I completely reboot it every single time. Anyone else with an X have network issues with theirs?

Yes. Had to reboot several times over the last few days.

#10342 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

Fuck it, I’m going for the billion dollar achievement in prominence poker, only .01% of players have gotten it.

Is there a way to see what my current rarest achievement is?

Willing to collude.

#10343 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   618 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

So the E3 deals should start showing up today right?

#10344 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:58 AM

So the E3 deals should start showing up today right?

8 pm I believe.

#10345 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9234 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:32 AM

Only thing is is that both Tales games this gen have been PS4 exclusives so have to wonder if we’d get this remaster. I have a PS4 so not a total concern for me (but I love me X1X more).

#10346 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6715 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

If that happens and stacks with the current Bing points promotion where you get 2000 points for buying Cuphead, that would be really nice on Microsoft's part to do it.

#10347 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

I'm not really down with the whole social/streaming direction, but there are so many games coming out these days that even the relatively few true single-player games that come out each year is generally enough to hold me over. Especially since linear experiences have fallen out of favor and everything seems to be a 30+ hour open world epic now. Color me unconcerned at this point.

Re: Taco Bell, a few years ago my wife decided she didn't want to eat there anymore. Something about not wanting her butthole to explode a few hours later; I don't know. However, my son loves it so it's basically our default choice whenever him and I have to run errands or whatever.

They need to make Dante’s inferno 2. By far my favorite action game ever

I really liked Dante's Inferno. Having said that, it felt like they ran out of ideas about halfway through. The first few levels were really well done.

Oh yeah I forgot the downside: Unlike Divinity Original Sin (which I just finished, great CRPG and I heard the sequel is GOAT material) a majority of the lines were not voiced. So hope you like reading a lot lol.

I might not actually mind this. I generally play with subtitles on and usually find myself skipping before the character's done talking because I've already read the dialogue.

Recently someone posted in this thread about Sea of Thieves in a gushing manner (not sure if they were sarcastic or not), but I haven't heard anyone talk about the new content that was recently added to the game.

I played the Hungering Deep stuff last week. It was pretty fun, actually. My two friends that I always play SoT with and I met two other ships and it was cool to interact with other players in a collaborative way. Had some fun moments and killed the megalodon, good times. But having said that, it's something you can pretty easily do in a few hours and since all you get are specific items, there's no incentive to go through it again.

Fuck it, I’m going for the billion dollar achievement in prominence poker, only .01% of players have gotten it.

I can't believe that ANYONE has that achievement.

#10348 twick87  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

Well I bit the bullet with this eBay 20% off code. I picked up the X1S 1tb starter bundle for $212. Was this a decent deal? Hoping not to get burned by E3 sales next week.

#10349 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10391 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

Rampage 2018: Vacation at Sandals

Rampage 2019:  Staycation of Vandals

#10350 escapism  

escapism

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

$1 Gamepass subs are live. I just got mine.

I got it last month too. So, no worries for those who were concerned by the wording in the ad, that it seemed to be for fitst timers only.