* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#91 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:16 AM

Will wait for GWG.

Will it though? We got the first, then the third in GWG. If it was going to come to GWG we would have got the second already before the third, right?

#92 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   570 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

Will wait for GWG.

Whats the chance of that since 1 and 3 were GWG?

#93 CaptainButtlord   bang bang what's the hang CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

CaptainButtlord

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

Started a new thread for this?

#94 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8635 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

Can’t believe they’re still charging that much for Elex. Game was destroyed by critics but yet still hasn’t even gone as low as almost every better release in 2017.

#95 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3932 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:19 AM

Will it though? We got the first, then the third in GWG. If it was going to come to GWG we would have got the second already before the third, right?

Whats the chance of that since 1 and 3 were GWG?

Nice try, but I'm not buying. I'm with David Hibiki on this one.

#96 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:21 AM

Find there is an extended edition of The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II, so I see what is included in that and it turns out I already own this.

Wish if you own a collection or special edition and you look at the game by itself it will say owned instead of allowing you to buy again.

#97 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:23 AM

There was a time when I would've bought Energy Cycle just for the super easy 1000G. I think those days are over for me. I saw the price and I'm still not even tempted. Problem is I now have a bunch of shitty ass games that are easy completions just sitting in my backlog and they'll never be played because I can't be bothered anymore. I still love 100%'ing my games....but only the ones I really, truly want to play, and not just for gamerscore.

#98 Necrotron   Now with strawberry! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Blood Bowl 2 is a really fun strategy game, but they have most of the races hidden behind DLC as it's a niche game audience. Still, one of my favorite strategy games of all time.

#99 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4849 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Thoughts on Save the Ninja Clan and In 'n Verlore Verstand?

#100 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:25 AM

Thoughts on Save the Ninja Clan?

Meh. You did well on your own. Why bother.

#101 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:26 AM

Started a new thread for this?

Well this thread is to mostly talk about how BC is dying but mostly dead at this point.

#102 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:30 AM

Came into the old thread and saw it was locked and initially thought someone brought up politics again hahaha.

Oh man, got the new garage opener installed but not before a few troubleshooting steps with the wiring. Turns out my father didn't follow the very specific instructions and once I realized where the problem was and set everything up with the right wiring process, success! Only took 3 days, started last week as it was too freakin' cold to work on it this weekend, as the 1st day was mostly disassembling the old one, 2nd day was assembling the new one, mounting brackets, sensor bars, etc & day 3 was running all the wiring and installing the wire to the unit itself.

So 2018 showed up and the garage opener broke, the snowplow nailed our mailbox (although it was still intact) & the lamp - bulb & lamp apparently - in the gaming den blew and a fuse in the kitchen blew. Man, starting off the new year with a literal bang.

#103 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8635 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:33 AM

^^ Sounds like my late-2017/early 2018, but substitute garage door opener with garage door springs, dryer, dishwasher and wife’s deer impaled car.

So bad date night is a blessing.

#104 sp0rklez  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:34 AM

Came into the old thread and saw it was locked and initially thought someone brought up politics again hahaha.

Oh man, got the new garage opener installed but not before a few troubleshooting steps with the wiring. Turns out my father didn't follow the very specific instructions and once I realized where the problem was and set everything up with the right wiring process, success! Only took 3 days, started last week as it was too freakin' cold to work on it this weekend, as the 1st day was mostly disassembling the old one, 2nd day was assembling the new one, mounting brackets, sensor bars, etc & day 3 was running all the wiring and installing the wire to the unit itself.

So 2018 showed up and the garage opener broke, the snowplow nailed our mailbox (although it was still intact) & the lamp - bulb & lamp apparently - in the gaming den blew and a fuse in the kitchen blew. Man, starting off the new year with a literal bang.

That sounds awful. We too started the new year off badly with like 3 days of frozen pipes and one day where one eventually busted once they were thawed. Fun times.

#105 capndan   It's for your health! CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:40 AM

Blood Bowl 2 is a really fun strategy game, but they have most of the races hidden behind DLC as it's a niche game audience. Still, one of my favorite strategy games of all time.

I'm slightly tempted to get it. Is the base game worth it? Do you know if it has enough variety in the races without dlc?

#106 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:40 AM

Well this thread is to mostly talk about how BC is dying but mostly dead at this point.

New BC titles out this week. My uncle works for MS and knows this.

#107 Inceptional  

Inceptional

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:44 AM

Is that a good price for Thumper? I know this was on sale on PSN a few weeks back but I passed, can't remember how much it was. Really want to play this but might have to wait until under $10.

#108 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

That sounds awful. We too started the new year off badly with like 3 days of frozen pipes and one day where one eventually busted once they were thawed. Fun times.

Lol, oh man, that was always on my mind as how much cold it got all of a sudden but thankfully that went alright. Now it's warming up a bit and we're in for rain the rest of the week?! Go home mother nature, you're drunk.

#109 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:52 AM

roll tide roll

That sounds like a good idea for dinner.... where’s the nearest sushi place?

#110 w00dm4nEXE  

w00dm4nEXE

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

Is Sneak King BC?

Why yes it was on both Xbox and Xbox 360

#111 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6665 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

And the rest of the sane people in the country are obligated to root for anyone other than Alabama. :)

U salty or nah

#112 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1324 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:15 AM

Thumper is worth $13 if you like Rez-like games. I bought the PC version for the VR support, and the Xbox version because it's my gaming home, it was worth the double-dip for me.

I've owned Crypt of the Necrodancer for awhile and can't get into it. I keep trying it, as it does seem like something I SHOULD like, but it's just too weird for me.

The rest is an easy pass. Energy Cycle isn't worth more than 50 cents, it's a Flash game. And Save the Ninja Clan, even at $2, I don't need another Super Meat Boy clone in my life when Super Meat Boy itself is still in my backlog.

#113 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2149 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

I’ve heard that Elex is very enjoyable if you can see past the Eurojank™️. I personally quite enjoyed what the studio made in the past, even though it didn’t have the most polished presentation at times.

Many reviewers on Steam swear that it is an amazing title.  And any offhand mention of it in on a popular gaming website (Reddit, ResetEra) will almost always elicit a few people saying it was their 2017 GotY.

I bought the game on Steam toward the end of the winter sale, but have not played it.  I have, however, watched several streams.  I think people that say Elex's jank & bugs are on par with Bethesda titles at their respective releases are grossly misleading would-be purchasers.  Elex's combat is not just bugged, its fundamentally under-developed.  Further still, the developers have been very slow in making patches.  (Why is the title punishingly difficult for all new play-throughs, for instance...?)  What the game does, though, is provide a degree of role-playing choice over the narrative that just isn't present in titles today.  Branching quest paths!  Different factions!  Moral ambiguity!  The jank is real...but so is the thirst among gamers for true influence in a story's outcome.

Definitely watch some vids and streams to decide if its right for you.  (I did my research and took a chance, and even I'm not sure it was a good idea.)

#114 Iveyboy722  

Iveyboy722

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:26 AM

Nothing for me tonight. Guess it's back to Rocket League

#115 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:26 AM

Storesparser picked up 2 360 games: Fairy and Rotastic for $1.xx each.

#116 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2112 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:36 AM

Thumper was one of my favorites last year.  Blood Bowl 2 is a steal at that price.  If you have a passing interest in boardgames or Games Workshop specifically, then you probably already own it.

#117 praxus07  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:55 AM

No new sales for tonight or am I just not seeing it?

#118 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10018 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:01 AM

No new sales for tonight or am I just not seeing it?

:xb1: 'n Verlore Verstand - $8.99 - 40% off
:xb1: Battle Chasers: Nightwar - $19.49 - 35% off
:xb1: Black Mirror - $29.99 - 25% off
:xb1: Blood Bowl 2 - $6.60 - 67% off
:xb1: Crypt of the NecroDancer - $9.74 - 35% off
:xb1: Deer Hunter: Reloaded - $11.99 - 40% off
:xb1: Elex - $41.99 - 30% off
:xb1: Energy Cycle - $2.24 - 25% off
:xb1: Race Arcade - $7.49 - 25% off
:xb1: Rapala Fishing: Pro Series - $11.99 - 40% off
:xb1: Real Farm - $31.99 - 20% off
:xb1: Save the Ninja Clan - $2.24 - 25% off
:xb1: Thumper - $13.39 - 33% off
:xb1: Tour de France 2017 - $16.50 - 67% off

#119 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:07 AM

Was tempted by Van Helsing last week, and now Van Helsing II this week. I'll get then eventually when they're on sale to go with Van Helsing III, but I'm gonna try to stick to a 1 buy per completion rule for a while.

Thanks anyway Bloomy.

#120 praxus07  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:09 AM

Thanks, that's weird that the post isn't showing up for me