* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#14611 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11710 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:14 PM

I think I solved my screen flicker / snowy static issue. Pretty sure the power strip I'm using wasn't giving enough power for 4k display, which was happening for menus/movies/etc. I set the resolution on the One S to 1080p after it kept happening this morning, and then it stopped.

Possible the TV wasn't getting enough power for 4k, which would explain why the PS3 wasn't doing it, but either way, so far so good.

You talking about a problem like this? I had a huge thread on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.c..._on_xbox_one_x/

My friend ended up replacing his XBox one X and the problems went away, but also replaced his TV. So it was either the TV or XBox.

It wan't a constant issue to warrant the full replacement but his X was in warranty and he was getting a new TV anyways.

#14612 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

You talking about a problem like this? I had a huge thread on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.c..._on_xbox_one_x/

My friend ended up replacing his XBox one X and the problems went away, but also replaced his TV. So it was either the TV or XBox.

It wan't a constant issue to warrant the full replacement but his X was in warranty and he was getting a new TV anyways.

Yep, that's exactly it. That's actually the thread I read through which made me change the output resolution to 1080p. So far, so good with the resolution change, so it may be a wattage issue.

#14613 Iveyboy722  

Iveyboy722

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:43 PM

Is Little Nightmares Complete Edition worth it?

#14614 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2744 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:31 PM

Everyone has a different definition of worth.

#14615 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3084 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

It's "this should of probably been in the game" DLC that finishes up the story, regular game ends kind of abruptly 

#14616 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2798 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:53 PM

Those Overwatch guys are on ABC right now.

#14617 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4391 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:08 PM

Still hoping Blur will be Xbox One BC.

#14618 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

You must’ve been seeing one movie a month then, otherwise that doesn’t add up. Regardless, MP appears about done. I haven’t had any issues so far since my fave theater takes e-ticketing, but the writing is on the wall.

4 movies plus 9.99 is $19.95 or $24 out of pocket. so I was alittle off. Did try to use MP today since I'm paid up till the 1st and lo and behold I kept getting a error message.

#14619 Moo Moo Dairy   [Title Not Selected] Banned   2872 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Moo Moo Dairy

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:05 PM

If you enjoyed Limbo and Inside then yeah it's probably worth it. I quite enjoyed it but I'm waiting for the dlc to go on sale at some point, I'm missing the last 2 chapters

#14620 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

Those Overwatch guys are on ABC right now.

London Spitfire did their thing

#14621 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11710 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:25 PM

Yep, that's exactly it. That's actually the thread I read through which made me change the output resolution to 1080p. So far, so good with the resolution change, so it may be a wattage issue.

If you figure anything out let me know. The X does use more power, first I read much of the S but I think someone posted on reddit issues with the S to. The S uses a lot less voltage/power. Both our newer TCL tvs use less.

#14622 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11710 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:38 PM

https://wccftech.com...x-enhancements/ Grim Dawn will not have X enhancements or cross play.

Still looking forward to this game.

#14623 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

If you figure anything out let me know. The X does use more power, first I read much of the S but I think someone posted on reddit issues with the S to. The S uses a lot less voltage/power. Both our newer TCL tvs use less.

The S definitely uses less voltage, but I think the power draw between the television and the 4K output it's just not getting enough power from my setup. if it starts happening with 1080p then I will test it more with other platforms to see if it actually is the television or the console.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#14624 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4415 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:54 PM

2 Days remaining on the sale... I guess it's time to review what there is and make sure I'm not passing on anything I would play before the Christmas sale.

#14625 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   927 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:33 AM

So I’ve been trying to buy Boom Boom Rocket for weeks now, but I get an error both online and on my 360. I contacted Microsoft support, and they confirmed that it was a problem on their end, and they opened a ticket for me. This was about two weeks ago. Now they’re ghosting me. I’ve sent two emails saying that I still can’t purchase it, and have gotten no response. It’s really frustrating :(

#14626 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:36 AM

Debating between The Surge:  Complete Edition, Castlevania:  Harmony of Despair and its DLC, DeBlob 2 (to play with the kids) and X-Morph Defense.  I can probably only get two of those four options.  Any thoughts on which route to go?  Would appreciate any advice.  Thanks.

#14627 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3084 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:52 AM

https://wccftech.com...x-enhancements/ Grim Dawn will not have X enhancements or cross play.

Still looking forward to this game.

Wasn't on my radar and looks like something I'd like. Shame though that there not planning X enhancements because like Diablo 3 these are the kind of things that really look good in 4k. 

#14628 lilytrabbit   404: Tag Not Found CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

lilytrabbit

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:15 AM

Debating between The Surge:  Complete Edition, Castlevania:  Harmony of Despair and its DLC, DeBlob 2 (to play with the kids) and X-Morph Defense.  I can probably only get two of those four options.  Any thoughts on which route to go?  Would appreciate any advice.  Thanks.

It depends on if you want solo gameplay or co-op.

The Surge is a bit like Dark Souls but not as polished. The main issue I had was the areas felt very similar and the character control felt off. You can select specific body parts to dismember which was nifty.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair is not a typical Castlevania game. More of an arcade-style kill the enemies and get to the boss in the time limit and kill him. I can't recall if your character can level up or get better gear. It can be fun with the right co-op partner. I never played the DLC for it so I'm not sure what all it adds aside from a few characters and levels. It's not backward compatible and your guess is as good as anyone else's if it will ever go that way.

I played the first DeBlob and I had some fun with it not sure if anything has changed for the second one I assume it's more of the same just different levels. What I played was fun in short burst it got very repetitive at times and had me wishing the levels were shorter. In the first game if you did not 100% the level before completing it when you went back into it you had to start over from scratch which made me say screw it and stop playing.

X-Morph I've never played sorry so I can't give an opinion.

#14629 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1504 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:36 AM

Debating on getting

Enter The Gungeon
Jotun
Livelock
Chroma Squad

I've spent some $$$ buying the rest of the pinball tables I needed , some of the cheapie ( Western Press , Super Mutant Alien Assult ) and The Count Lucanor.

#14630 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4415 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:25 AM

Sometimes I forget that I preordered Kingdom Hearts:

Kingdom Hearts.PNG

This is my longest preorder by a long shot.

#14631 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10001 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:37 AM

Kingdom Hearts.PNG

I ordered a ton of things knowing my GCU was going to expire. Now, when something shows up in the mail, I’m like, oh, I forgot I preordered that.

So when KH III finally comes in my mailbox in 2030, i’ll really be shocked.

#14632 Sielanas  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:45 AM

Punt. If picking one, I'd say get the one to play with the kids.

#14633 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11251 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:56 AM

attachicon.gifKingdom Hearts.PNG

I put $5 down on Dead Island 2 at my local MS store 2 or 3 years ago.

#14634 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:19 AM

Debating on getting

Enter The Gungeon
Jotun
Livelock
Chroma Squad

I've spent some $$$ buying the rest of the pinball tables I needed , some of the cheapie ( Western Press , Super Mutant Alien Assult ) and The Count Lucanor.

I've been playing Enter the Gungeon all week. It can be hard as balls, but the gameplay feels great and the guns are very entertaining.

#14635 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:43 AM

Would it be safe to assume Crackdown 2 will go BC sometime before 3 is released? (Ha) It's on sale for it's lowest price according to Storeparser. The original went BC earlier this year.

#14636 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11710 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:07 AM

Would it be safe to assume Crackdown 2 will go BC sometime before 3 is released? (Ha) It's on sale for it's lowest price according to Storeparser. The original went BC earlier this year.

I'm gonna say yes, unless there are some serious licensing issues no MS game should not go BC. So basically anything not racing.

The questions going forward are: GWG? Gamepass? Even dirt cheap you have to consider the odds.

#14637 bsc11  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:08 AM

look at all these mass effects on sale, from andromeda to the 360 ones...

game clips look like fun shooting...will i like any of these, being a fan of halo?

do any have local split screen?

#14638 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4415 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:25 AM

game clips look like fun shooting...will i like any of these, being a fan of halo?

I've only played a tiny bit of the first one, it felt nothing like Halo to me, but I know people love the first three.

#14639 Sixthman  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:57 AM

I played all the mass effect games, and none of them play /shoot like Halo. The shooting can get fun though, especially in 2 & 3, but it's far from what Halo is like. If you still have a 360 I think the demo for mass effect 2 is still up. There's enough shooting in that demo for you to gauge if you like it or not.

#14640 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:58 AM

They're action rpgs, so half of the game is shooting and the other half is walking around looking at stuff/talking to people. As far as the shooting goes: it's more like Gears of War in that you need to slam yourself behind waist-high cover more often than not. The first game's combat is VERY clunky, even when it first game out but it improved dramatically in the sequel.

ME1-3 is a trilogy, and as such things you do carry over. If you decide to skip 1 I'd would suggest getting the dlc comic thingy in 2 that lets you put in what choices you would have picked if you played 1 because the default choices prevents you from seeing a lot of things. As a newcomer you might like Andromeda, but it is for the most part terrible. Also the multiplayer in 3 and Andromeda are not split-screen.