* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#16261 OldSlowGamer   Old Slow Gamer CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

OldSlowGamer

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:54 AM

So I decided to pre-order the Fallout 76 bundle. I've been playing on my VCR model for years and I figured with it releasing the week before Black Friday, I would put down for the next three months and then update my TV to 4k the next week.

Yay?

Edit: What games should I look out for once I update to 4K? Which ones have blown you away?

Get a month of game pass and play Doom and Halo 5 as well as Gears 4 all in 4K with glorious HDR, also by then Forza Horizon 4 will be in game pass

#16262 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2186 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:01 AM

Is there a Forza Horizon 2 club for CAGs?

#16263 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10862 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:04 AM

There is but it is full unfortunately.

#16264 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   997 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:23 AM

make another one ill join

#16265 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:32 AM

Get a month of game pass and play Doom and Halo 5 as well as Gears 4 all in 4K with glorious HDR, also by then Forza Horizon 4 will be in game pass

I'm not a true CAG. (or maybe I am?) I already own all of those and have Game Pass til next July. So just get the updates I guess?

Also, are we certain Horizon 4 will immediately go on Gamepass? None of the Microsoft acquisitions from E3 have gone on Game Pass yet, right? Or was that announced and I forgot?

#16266 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   997 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:33 AM

stupid question do microsoft reward points expire?

#16267 Doctor Zod   Phantom Zone permanent resident CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Doctor Zod

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:37 AM

Yes, after 90 days I believe.

#16268 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   978 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:38 AM

FH4 will be on Game Pass day 1.

#16269 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4423 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:41 AM

Bing points don't expire currently. Xbox Rewards certificates redeemed from Bing expire 90 days after redemption.

#16270 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3092 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:13 AM

I'm not a true CAG. (or maybe I am?) I already own all of those and have Game Pass til next July. So just get the updates I guess?

Also, are we certain Horizon 4 will immediately go on Gamepass? None of the Microsoft acquisitions from E3 have gone on Game Pass yet, right? Or was that announced and I forgot?

all MS published first party stuff is game pass day 1, those acquisitions and their "current" games are a different thing. They were developers who already had publishing deals in place for their games with other companies

#16271 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:18 AM

Whoever was asking about best games to showcase 4K/HDR, the first game I played that blew me away was Assassin's Creed Origins. The amount of detail compared to the S is astonishing.

Gears 4 and Battlefront 2 are breathtaking as well.

#16272 TurkeyOnRye   Hey? Is this velvet? CAGiversary!   1513 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

TurkeyOnRye

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:24 AM

Still rocking that matte white Sunset Overdrive SE VCR! I'd love to spring for an X, but explain the need for better graphics to the Mrs.

#16273 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3167 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:25 AM

It's your money too. Spend some and ask for forgiveness later.

Still rocking that matte white Sunset Overdrive SE VCR! I'd love to spring for an X, but explain the need for better graphics to the Mrs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#16274 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   997 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:35 AM

Bing points don't expire currently. Xbox Rewards certificates redeemed from Bing expire 90 days after redemption.

what about points im getting from buying games and doing the searches do they and when do they expire if they do

#16275 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:45 AM

It's why I preordered the Fallout XB1X, it's easier justifying the purchase if I'm not dropping 500+ at one time. It also helps that our son is getting older and she wants him to have his own gaming space. (The XBox is in our bedroom because we use it the most.)

#16276 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:48 AM

better graphics (which is a massive understatement), much faster loading times, future proof with HDR/4K sets becoming the norm, Dolby Atmos/Vision support. Think of it as an investment. 

#16277 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4423 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:02 AM

what about points im getting from buying games and doing the searches do they and when do they expire if they do

Those are Bing points, I have never had any expire, but I think they might if you earn zero points for 6 months?

https://www.bing.com/rewards/Tou

#16278 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:44 AM

better graphics (which is a massive understatement), much faster loading times, future proof with HDR/4K sets becoming the norm, Dolby Atmos/Vision support. Think of it as an investment. 

not sure it's a wise investment with the new console coming shortly and with it more than likely being backwards compatible

#16279 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   1286 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:14 AM

What do y’all think of the rumored “All Access” plan? I’m a bit surprised by it considering they just put out these bundles but I’d actually prefer this new idea.

#16280 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4413 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:59 AM

What do y’all think of the rumored “All Access” plan? I’m a bit surprised by it considering they just put out these bundles but I’d actually prefer this new idea.

It sounds a lot like those plans they had a while back for the 360, just without a down payment and incorporating GamePass.

https://www.theverge...bsidized-bundle

The sources are saying $34.99 for 24 months for the X version, so $840.

Xbox One X + 2 years(?) gold + 2 years(?) GamePass

500 + 120 + 200 = 820 

I guess it's not too bad if you're fine paying retail for everything, and with doing long-term installments instead of a lump sum. The S version is a better deal. $22 payments, totaling about $590.

I've got two thoughts. First, this seems to be something MS likes to do late in the lifespan of a console. Xbone is 5 years old, the 360 was 6 when this option came out. It would without be MUCH more appealing if something like this came out at or close to the launch of generation. Second, two year long plans will either have this plan end right as the new consoles release or very close to this. Then you're either stuck on the old system or in the same "I want the new console" zone again.

Realistically, this sort of thing isn't aimed at us. I couldn't see myself using something like this unless it was when a console first came out, and only then because it does take the sting for $500+ all at once away, but we all know it's possible to do much better than $320 for the 2 years of Gold and GamePass so it's easy to feel like it isn't as good a price as it sounds. Still, I don't think it will move all that many consoles. The PS4 is still annihilating Xbox in consoles sold, and at this point in the gen I don't see that changing. Both kids and adults generally want the PS4 and having a payment plan option won't influence that for most people.

But it isn't a rip off. I just checked Rent A Center and their "rent to own" price on an X makes me want to throw up. This doesn't include Gold or GamePass either.

6 Months Same as Cash Price: $1,079.00 or
$108.30 monthly for 17 payments: Total price: $1,799.28

#16281 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5022 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:07 AM

u know what would be a cool feature on the xbox one..is to be able to group your friends into groups of what games u play with them

Any chance I get I've been suggesting that to MS for probably five years or so now.  Bing Polls, Insider polls, anything.  I look thru my friends list and sometimes I have no idea which game I was playing with some people.

#16282 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   731 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:17 AM

I hate doing these YMMV posts but every once in a while someone sees something they'd have missed.

YMMV: Just recieved an email from the Microsoft Store giving me a 5$ GC. Email subject was “Attention: You made the list for this exclusive offer” which is about as phishing sounding as these have ever sounded. Anyway might want to check you spam folders and what not.

#16283 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3092 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:40 AM

It doesn't seem like a bad deal for the average consumer who buys stuff at MSRP, no price gouging at least. I was actually hoping the "all access" plan was going to be the rumored combination of gold and game pass. I still think we'll get there eventually with MS's plans to build Xbox as a platform brand and get it on all sorts of devices besides a dedicated console. Eventually they are going to have to at least change the language of what "Xbox Live" means, history shows paying for online multiplayer access isn't going to fly on the PC at the very least. If they really want to penetrate that market it's going to have to be something like the app is $19 a month and has every benefit. 

#16284 A Dusty Bookcase   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

A Dusty Bookcase

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:08 AM

It doesn't seem like a bad deal for the average consumer who buys stuff at MSRP, no price gouging at least. I was actually hoping the "all access" plan was going to be the rumored combination of gold and game pass. I still think we'll get there eventually with MS's plans to build Xbox as a platform brand and get it on all sorts of devices besides a dedicated console. Eventually they are going to have to at least change the language of what "Xbox Live" means, history shows paying for online multiplayer access isn't going to fly on the PC at the very least. If they really want to penetrate that market it's going to have to be something like the app is $19 a month and has every benefit. 

The xbox brand is becoming a gaming streaming service. That's their future plan as internet speed becomes faster and 5G for phones, its only a matter of time. You can tell they're headed this way by allowing digital xbox games to be played on pc too just by using the xbox app. Seems like MS is changing direction on where they wanna go, which is streaming games cause the technology is almost there for it to be very reliable compared to 5 years ago. Why bother buying a console when you can install a xbox app on any phone, laptop, tablet, notebook, mac pc and even Smart tv's that can play games in 4k 60 fps pretty much anywhere? No hard drive is needed, nor anything else really maybe besides a controller and look how many different controller colors MS has put out since the xbox one came out. They even give us the option to make our own authentic MS custom controllers and keep making new variations of it cause it's probably the only hardware we'll ever want to use with xbox stream gaming. Those are my thoughts about this.

#16285 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:43 AM

Anybody having problems with the Division?

I tried to fast travel to the main safe house and it froze, I had to quit then reload. I load back up, get error then I try load again and it goes through to the game where the same keeps happening. I though I would try fast travel somewhere else and it worked, so I fast travel to mission close the the main safe house.

I go in and there is some sort of bug or something as something is definitely wrong, the base is practically empty. I would post a photo but I can't get it to upload for some reason.

#16286 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3167 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:48 AM

The xbox brand is becoming a gaming streaming service. That's their future plan as internet speed becomes faster and 5G for phones, its only a matter of time. You can tell they're headed this way by allowing digital xbox games to be played on pc too just by using the xbox app. Seems like MS is changing direction on where they wanna go, which is streaming games cause the technology is almost there for it to be very reliable compared to 5 years ago. Why bother buying a console when you can install a xbox app on any phone, laptop, tablet, notebook, mac pc and even Smart tv's that can play games in 4k 60 fps pretty much anywhere? No hard drive is needed, nor anything else really maybe besides a controller and look how many different controller colors MS has put out since the xbox one came out. They even give us the option to make our own authentic MS custom controllers and keep making new variations of it cause it's probably the only hardware we'll ever want to use with xbox stream gaming. Those are my thoughts about this.

Yup. The rumors are that next generation they will be releasing two consoles. A regular console and a thin client that will stream the games. I think it's a smart move.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#16287 Sielanas  

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:10 PM

https://www.penny-ar.../cleansing-fire

But how do you do it with digital? So many games I've yet to touch.

#16288 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:24 PM

Hiding them in your games list.

#16289 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8233 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:01 PM

I had the white Minecraft S.  Wife hated it was white.  Would occasionally comment that it sticks out like a sore thumb.  So week before last I said to her I think we should trade it in on a black XBox One X.  lol.

She was like do really need to spend $200+ to get a black console?  I was like no I have some credit I can add to it.  

Bet she doesn't bitch about the color of any console again.  :)

#16290 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4413 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

As long as MS keeps the option to buy a machine that lets me install and play games locally I'm fine with a streaming option. I still don't think it'll be viable to switch to streaming as the main option for a while. Even with my OK internet some games (Halo 5, Gears 4, Overwatch) seem to struggle sometimes if I play off of wi-fi instead of a physical connection. Maybe in smaller countries with great coverage like Japan and South Korea, but the US just has too shitty of an infrastructure and is going to hampered further by the death of net neutrality. With NN gone, it seems likely that customers are going to be affected in one way or another if gaming companies pay for "better support" like Netflix does.

Working in a retail I'm still surprised how many people turn away from games that require internet, both for online play and simple patch installs like BC games. I don't know the overall percentage or if it's just the area I'm in, but it's probably 10-15% here.