* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#17731 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:00 PM

I know I am way late to the party, but just finished Inside and WTF was that?

#17732 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:17 PM

If you want to farm some influence for FH4, check out this stream. https://mixer.com/Ponomar.  A guy is running the demo and will not be shutting it off. The influence isn't showing up for me, so hopefully it just isn't showing it correctly for me.

Where is the influence supposed to show up?

#17733 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

I know I am way late to the party, but just finished Inside and WTF was that?

I really don't understand the hype for that game's ending ... perhaps I don't "get art," but it frankly just left me shaking my head.

#17734 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

Where is the influence supposed to show up?

As I understand it, there should be a blue ribbon under the Forza Horizon 4 (influence farm) of that guys stream. It's suppose to show up there, but it currently is not showing for me. But I'm still earning the Mixer sparks. So I figure it must be glitched for me. I'm still doing it for shits and giggles, however.

#17735 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:33 PM

As I understand it, there should be a blue ribbon under the Forza Horizon 4 (influence farm) of that guys stream. It's suppose to show up there, but it currently is not showing for me. But I'm still earning the Mixer sparks. So I figure it must be glitched for me. I'm still doing it for shits and giggles, however.

The blue ribbon actually showed up for me, I clicked on it and it told me I got awarded 1,500 influence, so I guess it works, Thanks!

#17736 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:01 PM

None of the influence shows up for me. I've sat there and watched for 5 minutes. There's supposed to be a pop-up to show you that you earned some. I haven't seen any yet. Or if you reload the stream or change streams it's supposed to show you. I don't see anything. But I can also just keep a the stream up at work just in case it works. If not, oh well. If so, yay.

#17737 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:08 PM

None of the influence shows up for me. I've sat there and watched for 5 minutes. There's supposed to be a pop-up to show you that you earned some. I haven't seen any yet. Or if you reload the stream or change streams it's supposed to show you. I don't see anything. But I can also just keep a the stream up at work just in case it works. If not, oh well. If so, yay.

I'm up to 4,500 influence, I am using the Edge browser. A pop-up comes up every 5 mins showing what I earned, Hope it works for you 

#17738 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

I actually went and started a brand new Mixer account on my alt XBL account. It doesn't seem to show me earning influence on that one, either. Thems the breaks, I guess. It's not like I'm not going to put in 200+ hours on this game like I did FH3.

#17739 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6239 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:50 PM

Been watching that guy since last night.  Guess he figured out a way to keep his stream up without doing donuts with rubber bands on his controller.  Up to 430k influence.

When you first load a stream in a web browser, if you click on the ribbon, it won't show your influence.  If you've been in the stream for over 5 minutes, long enough for your total to update, then it should show your total influence.  If you hop streams, you need to wait 5 minutes again.  There might be a separate timer keeping track behind the scenes, so if you leave one stream at 4 minutes, you might only need 1 minute in a new one, though I'm not certain.

Some people have reported getting their total stuck in the display.  Not sure if it's still updating behind the scenes.

#17740 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8219 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:35 PM

Is there a upper limit to how much influence you can get?  I am up to 12,000 so far thanks to you.  

#17741 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:54 PM

Is there a upper limit to how much influence you can get?  I am up to 12,000 so far thanks to you.  

I have no idea. Seems Bloomy has over 300k. A few people in the stream chat say they have 100k+. I guess just let it ride. My stream still doesn't show any progress. I've tried different browsers, clearing cookies. I've also unlinked my xbox account and still it shows nothing. I'm hoping it's just a bug.

#17742 kcobra22  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:10 PM

Games leaving Game Pass this month:

Maldita Castilla EX - Cursed Castile
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
The Bug Butcher
Tower of Guns

#17743 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:15 PM

Off topic: Does anyone have recommendations for good routers, preferably not too expensive, that can cover three floors (basement to second floor)/2200 sq ft?

#17744 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:35 PM

Off topic: Does anyone have recommendations for good routers, preferably not too expensive, that can cover three floors (basement to second floor)/2200 sq ft?

Orbi but it's expensive. To cover a 3 story house you will have to get a quality expensive router.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#17745 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:43 PM

Just played the Forza Horizon 4 demo on my X. It reminded why Playstation can keep Spider-Man, I'm good.

#17746 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6239 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

I have no idea. Seems Bloomy has over 300k. A few people in the stream chat say they have 100k+. I guess just let it ride. My stream still doesn't show any progress. I've tried different browsers, clearing cookies. I've also unlinked my xbox account and still it shows nothing. I'm hoping it's just a bug.

One guy that posted on the Forza forums over the weekend that his influence was stuck at 260k just posted in the stream chat that it finally showed up and he's at 381k now, so it was tracking behind the scenes.

#17747 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3673 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

I struggled for YEARS and tried tons of different routers and extenders and finally tried the Netgear Nighthawk router.  It has been amazing in speed and coverage.  My home is very large, but only one story.  I had a lot of dead zones or slowing down in areas and now the coverage reaches every nook and cranny and even extends outside a good distance.  I can't say enough good things about it.

Honestly, though, I probably would have gone with a mesh system if they had been around when I got the Nighthawk since that sounds like it would be better, but i'm glad that wasn't an option.  Also, at this point, you can probably get a really good deal on older versions of the Nighthawk.

All that being said, I don't know performance differences between a multi-story home and a one story home, but I can tell you that my square footage coverage area needs are larger than what you're referring to.

#17748 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:25 PM

I'll 2nd the Nighthawk recommendation. Get the one with directional antenas so you can place it an a central location and adjust according to your needs. I use it in a 2 story home and have zero deadspots.

#17749 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

Just played the Forza Horizon 4 demo on my X. It reminded why Playstation can keep Spider-Man, I'm good.

Lol, ok.

They're both excellent.

#17750 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6239 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:24 PM

Ran my baseline scan for tonight.  A bunch of stuff for next week has popped up.

Spoiler

#17751 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44266 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:31 PM

Looks like an MS sale tonight.

Hoping for a cheap price on Jurassic World

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

#17752 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:40 PM

Well I'm glad its not a hotshot sale that I cannot resist. I'm going to lay low for a bit. Two things happened leading up to this week: car broke down with what looks like a costly issue; and, I lost my job.

Forza looks good but I'm going to stick to the demo for right now. It's been a long time I haven't gotten a FH game day-one; but, it is the sensible thing to do. I'm also returning any unopened games, if I still can.

#17753 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:54 PM

Still can’t believe that swinging through wild kingdom quest isn’t fixed yet.

And now the other quests on the Xbox app aren’t getting the check mark after I do them either cmon son.

#17754 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2186 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:12 PM

Ran my baseline scan for tonight.  A bunch of stuff for next week has popped up.

Spoiler

Question:

If you post that these are the likely sales, but we instead just get another d@mned Rockstar Sale, do we have free reign to throw stones at you and infer mean things about your mother?

What's the protocol here?

#17755 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   1216 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:16 PM

The Google Home mesh network rocks. It covers the whole home for me with multiple floors and, it is all configurable through your phone.

#17756 Burning Karma   A tempest must be just that CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Burning Karma

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:22 PM

Orbi but it's expensive. To cover a 3 story house you will have to get a quality expensive router.

I'll second the Orbi. I was initially looking at the Google Home, but saw a like new Orbi set on AWD for the same price so I jumped on it. The only issue I seem to have is when I move through our townhouse and my phone seems to get "stuck" switching between the two; turning WiFi off and back on fixes it quickly.

#17757 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6239 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

Well I'm glad its not a hotshot sale that I cannot resist. I'm going to lay low for a bit. Two things happened leading up to this week: car broke down with what looks like a costly issue; and, I lost my job.

Forza looks good but I'm going to stick to the demo for right now. It's been a long time I haven't gotten a FH game day-one; but, it is the sensible thing to do. I'm also returning any unopened games, if I still can.

Damn, that sucks.  Particularly the double whammy.  Hope you find something soon.

Do you have Game Pass so you can at least play the game on release?

Question:

If you post that these are the likely sales, but we instead just get another d@mned Rockstar Sale, do we have free reign to throw stones at you and infer mean things about your mother?

What's the protocol here?

I merely report what's on the marketplace.  If he dies, he dies.  If it changes, it changes.  If you feel like you must throw stones, go ahead, but leave my mom out of it.

#17758 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:54 PM

The Google Home mesh network rocks. It covers the whole home for me with multiple floors and, it is all configurable through your phone.

I'll second the Orbi. I was initially looking at the Google Home, but saw a like new Orbi set on AWD for the same price so I jumped on it. The only issue I seem to have is when I move through our townhouse and my phone seems to get "stuck" switching between the two; turning WiFi off and back on fixes it quickly.

With the mesh, do I only need to plug one router into the main modem and have the rest connect wirelessly or do they all need to be wired?

#17759 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:58 PM

With the mesh, do I only need to plug one router into the main modem and have the rest connect wirelessly or do they all need to be wired?

The Orbi has one unit that plugs into the router and the other units connect to that one wirelessly.

#17760 kyfho33   CAGlurker CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

I have a 1 month game pass code I got with my x -- let me know and I'll PM you it that way you can play the full game on release.  I still owe you one since you got me in the xbox preview program awhile back (i'm pretty sure you were the one who sent me the invite).  Good luck and hopefully things work out for the best