* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#23431 megamanxyz  

megamanxyz

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:58 AM

How do you actually see your Badlands progress? I can't find anything anywhere about it.

You would see it on bing.com where you click on the daily polls and activities.  You can also see it on the rewards app on xbox one. 

If you missed the first two events, the Jungle one and Moon Gate, then I don't think you could take part in the next one.  So if you don't see anything there, and don't remember completing the first 2, then you won't see anything.  

#23432 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:01 AM

Did anyone ever figure out what was up with free Pixark from a few days ago? I assume just a price mistake. I just it up and it didn't give me a trial warning or anything so it seems like they didn't revoke my license.

#23433 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:16 AM

Well, we're off to a good start. Rebooting the game entirely seemed to fix this issue at least.

https://xboxdvr.com/.../video/64241534

#23434 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:01 AM

For some reason my expired Hulu account isn't eligible for the $.99 deal. My "deal" is $5.99 per month. I guess I'll just make a new one.

I think I read somewhere that you can't have been active for the past 6 months or something like that. It didn't show up on my wife's account because we used a promo on hers recently but it showed on mine so we activated it on that one.

#23435 lightskintwin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

lightskintwin

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:48 AM

Did anyone ever figure out what was up with free Pixark from a few days ago? I assume just a price mistake. I just it up and it didn't give me a trial warning or anything so it seems like they didn't revoke my license.

I assume it was a price mistake too, because it's listed at $24.99 on the Microsoft Store but when I sign in it says I own the game.

#23436 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 25 November 2018 - 12:28 PM

Wonder if they'll ban everyone for the EA Access exploit, they've been petty for less :) 

#23437 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   943 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:03 PM

Wonder if they'll ban everyone for the EA Access exploit, they've been petty for less :)

Maybe only if a refund was immediately requested ... that's where it gets "exploity.,"

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

#23438 .Beowulf  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:38 PM

I don't typically do one of these things unless I don't have a moral problem with it (doesn't mean I'm right but I do consider it before any decision)

I don't really consider it deceptive to pay 5 bucks, download a game they are offering as a free trial, playing the game, and cancel after playing the game and earning an achievement that shows I played through what the trial offered (they offered the refund as an option I didn't request)

It would be pretty low to ban people for something like that imo. It's not like those things where people change their languages or locations or whatever.

but just my personal feelings on it I could be wrong

to me it feels more like extreme couponing on the internet more than anything

#23439 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:06 PM

what's the easiest/quickest achievement for battlefield V using the trial from EA access?

#23440 .Beowulf  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:18 PM

what's the easiest/quickest achievement for battlefield V using the trial from EA access?

complete under no flag war story for single player (took me way too long on medium difficulty)

if you can play multiplayer on the timed trial

call in 2 reinforcements in a round as a squad leader or 10 kills in a round may be the fastest

#23441 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3186 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:22 PM

You mean just for Rewards, right? That would suck but wouldn't be the end of the world. Probably going to wait before cashing in points, though.

#23442 praxus07  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:30 PM

You would see it on bing.com where you click on the daily polls and activities.  You can also see it on the rewards app on xbox one. 

If you missed the first two events, the Jungle one and Moon Gate, then I don't think you could take part in the next one.  So if you don't see anything there, and don't remember completing the first 2, then you won't see anything.

I got an email the other day, it had a panel about this, so I clicked it and it took me to a page showing I had apparently cleared the first two sections, and saying to clear the badlands do some more steps. How do I see if those last three steps registered as done? I did the quiz about deserts, earned way more than the required gamerscore this month, but I never actually log in on my xbox since its set for automatic. There is Never any info about this mission on the bing app, nor on the xbox rewards app. It did show up one single time on the bing app immediatly after I did the desert quiz step, a small panel with tiny checkmarks all greened out, but since then it's been gone.

#23443 praxus07  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:56 PM

complete under no flag war story for single player (took me way too long on medium difficulty)

if you can play multiplayer on the timed trial

call in 2 reinforcements in a round as a squad leader or 10 kills in a round may be the fastest

Fastest is playing an engineer in multiplayer, build ten reinforcement items, which takes like three minutes to do, and you get an achievement.

#23444 TheCollegeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

TheCollegeGamer

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

Are there any 'great' XBL deals still going on for Black Friday? I got the free $10 credit thing, but nothing is really jumping out at me.

#23445 The Linguist   .5 man + .5 bear + .5 pig CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

The Linguist

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:47 PM

I got an email the other day, it had a panel about this, so I clicked it and it took me to a page showing I had apparently cleared the first two sections, and saying to clear the badlands do some more steps. How do I see if those last three steps registered as done? I did the quiz about deserts, earned way more than the required gamerscore this month, but I never actually log in on my xbox since its set for automatic. There is Never any info about this mission on the bing app, nor on the xbox rewards app. It did show up one single time on the bing app immediatly after I did the desert quiz step, a small panel with tiny checkmarks all greened out, but since then it's been gone.

It might be that you completed the Bad Lands. You should have gotten 2500 points and there will be a reward (3 months of Game Pass for 0 points) in the Redeem section. The number of days needed for the 20 days of Live login doesn't show on the Rewards app on the xbox. I only see that when I go to the site in a regular browser.

#23446 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:24 PM

Here's the Xbox One S (not One X) deal of the week. 1TB Xbox One S - Minecraft Creator's Bundle console with Red Dead 2 for $188.79 after taxes using code BF18. Best Buy has the console without Red Dead 2 for $199 so this is a no brainer for those looking for a One S.

I'm on a VCR console so I have to pull the trigger on this deal (pending wife approval when she wakes up of course)

LINK - https://express.goog...7579707_0_46586

Grabbed a Minecraft bundle at Target on Thursday, used a $50 gift card my parents gave me to buy it, and then got a $20 gift card for buying it. Still haven't opened it yet because I finally got everything on my VCR model just the way that I like it. I might save it for Christmas so I'll have something big for myself under the tree.

Yeah, that didn't make sense to me either. I knew it as soon as I typed it.

#23447 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

I didn't own an Xbox One when the first quests started and I got the same e-mail showing that I had completed them.  The link is generic and shows that you completed the quests even if you're not logged in, so I wouldn't pay much attention to it.  I'm pretty sure you had to have done everything required in the Xbox app to complete the quests.

#23448 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:29 PM

The EA Access trial quickly reminds me how borked the EA account system is.  Load up Madden 18, immediately asked to login with an e-mail address that hasn't existed for over 8 years.  No option to change to the actual EA account that I use on PS4 and PC.  Had spent hours with EA support trying to fix this but they won't do anything if you can't get into the e-mail address the game wants you to use.

#23449 MattZack   Virtue for the virtuous, signaling for others. CAGiversary!   1324 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:55 PM

Editors?

l7RDaqq.png

#23450 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:21 PM

The EA Access trial quickly reminds me how borked the EA account system is. Load up Madden 18, immediately asked to login with an e-mail address that hasn't existed for over 8 years. No option to change to the actual EA account that I use on PS4 and PC. Had spent hours with EA support trying to fix this but they won't do anything if you can't get into the e-mail address the game wants you to use.

They made me set up 2 step verification for madden 19 and a few days later I start getting verification codes texted to me in the middle of the night every couple days with Russian text which I’m guessing is someone trying to get into my account lol.

#23451 OldSlowGamer   Old Slow Gamer CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

OldSlowGamer

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

I know this is not breaking news but the Rewards app Game Pass Quest tracking is a joke.

I have gotten achievements in 2 different games in each category (minus Forza) and none have checked off yet.  I initially had all 4 categories done Monday 11/20 and nothing has checked off except Forza Horizon 4.  Meanwhile, my Battlefield 5 mini quest of one achievement checked off in a day.

#23452 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:40 PM

I know this is not breaking news but the Rewards app Game Pass Quest tracking is a joke.

I have gotten achievements in 2 different games in each category (minus Forza) and none have checked off yet.  I initially had all 4 categories done Monday 11/20 and nothing has checked off except Forza Horizon 4.  Meanwhile, my Battlefield 5 mini quest of one achievement checked off in a day.

Mine finally completed today. Not sure if the two achievements from Split/Second finally tracked or if it was the Wolfenstein one from Thursday. But yes, the tracking on some of these not to mention how it seems some got this punchcard to show later than others needs to be addressed.  

#23453 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:47 PM

Codes yo

Ms Pac-Man

PFR4Q-QHC26-XTC7V-CDT4G-PV4HZ

Cast of the Seven Godsends 

6QKVG-JKRRJ-GTDWJ-44PW7-HCQ2Z

#23454 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:52 PM

Codes yo

Ms Pac-Man
PFR4Q-QHC26-XTC7V-CDT4G-PV4HZ

Cast of the Seven Godsends

6QKVG-JKRRJ-GTDWJ-44PW7-HCQ2Z

Got the 2nd one thanks.

#23455 Disturbed Jerry   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   301 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Disturbed Jerry

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:09 PM

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I unlocked 3 achievements for Forza Horizon 4 and 4 for Gears of War 4 plus an Halo 5 achievement and it still hasn't updated my punch card and its been two weeks!

#23456 megamanxyz  

megamanxyz

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:51 PM

Well I activated my gamepass from my one account a few days ago and the punch card showed up today!  I just activated the other so hoping it will show before the end of the month.  The achievements look easy, just completed one for Lego Indiana Jones already.  And currently downloading 2 more games, should have this done by tomorrow.  

Quick question, do I need to download these games through gamepass, or if I have the physical or digital versions, will it still show the achievement, or do I have to download the game through gamepass in order for it to count?

#23457 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:00 PM

On the fence with some items from the sale.  Would appreciate any advice on any of the following:

Need For Speed Payback Deluxe

Lego Worlds

Black Knight Sword

Fantastic Pets (for the kids)

MX Unleashed (or any other MX games)

Rocket Riot

Misadventures of PB Winterbottom

Supreme Commander 2

QUBE 2

Turok

Ms. Pac-Man

Thanks in advance for any advice.

#23458 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1041 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:19 PM

Lego Worlds is boring.

#23459 Sielanas  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:51 PM

On the fence with some items from the sale. Would appreciate any advice on any of the following:

Lego Worlds
Black Knight Sword
Rocket Riot
Supreme Commander 2
QUBE 2
Turok
Ms. Pac-Man

Turok for the memes. I didn't like Payback, I couldn't figure out the drifting.

#23460 dorath  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:52 PM

On the fence with some items from the sale. Would appreciate any advice on any of the following:

Lego Worlds
Black Knight Sword
Rocket Riot
Supreme Commander 2
QUBE 2
Turok
Ms. Pac-Man

NFS-if that's the one on ea trial, it's eh.
Lego world- is ok.
My son plays it for about 30. Reminds me of Minecraft.
PB winterbottom-not bad for a puzzle game. I found some solutions being ridiculous though.