* * * * - 14 votes

XBL Deals - Black Friday | DwG: Valiant Hearts, Dead Age, Sonic/Sega Racing, more | GwG: Battlefield 1, Victor Vran; Assassin's Creed

#21691 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3151 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:27 PM

I don't disagree with any of it. Do you really think Kingdom Hearts has ever lived up to it's full potential? They basically had carte blanche on the most appealing license ever. I can't think of a "western" game they haven't mismanaged at all. Ran Tomb Raider right back into the ground. 

It's hard to say on Kingdom Hearts. I don't think they exactly have carte blance with it as I think they have to get approval on anything that directly uses Disney assets, and in general Disney co-owns the IP so that may have tied things up before I feel like the insistence of using celebrities instead of voice actors has probably had a negative impact on the budget, but it's hard to say there. 
Looking at Square-Enix since the merger post Spirits Within, I do kind of think KH has lived up to the maximum potential it could with how foolish the company sometimes is. 

Out of the Western games, I can think of two games that weren't mismanaged at the time. Deus Ex Human Revolution got all the time it needed, and even was able to take advantage of what should have been a devastating leak to improve the game. Second in my mind is the first rebooted Tomb Raider. SE seemed to lose their shit after it came out and "under-performed", but the game itself didn't have any major issues or hiccups I've heard of. But yeah, I guess it's been since about five years at least since a game didn't get screwed over in one way or another on the Western side.

#21692 lokihellfire2008   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

lokihellfire2008

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:41 PM

Holy crap! First time I’ve won anything here. Thanks a lot, man!

Also, too many to multi quote and I’m on mobile anyway, but thanks to everyone for the tv input. Likes will have to suffice for now. Those that have the TCLs, would you recommend that over Samsung? I’ve definitely seen lots of good feedback here over the last few months but just curious.

I have a TCL S405 43" I got for dirt cheap and love it.  
https://www.rtings.c...es-4k-2017-s405

I got it for the high rating for gaming.  120Hz, 4k HDR10, 14ms input lag.  Currently $280 on Amazon.  The sound quality sucks on it, and the viewing angle can be a problem but for my set up I use a headset and sit directly across from it so it has been awesome for me at that price.  I also personally love Roku and am a cord cutter so that being built in is awesome.

#21693 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:42 PM

OK, time for the drawing! And the winner is......

kdiddy1989!!! Sent you a PM.

Fuck yeah!!!  Thanks for the  Fuck giveaway Bear!

#21694 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7715 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:50 PM

Am I the only one who censors the f word with Fuck in the real world?

#21695 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2788 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:55 PM

I alway preferred Outlaw Star over Cowboy Bebop and if any of you ever get the chance check it out.

#21696 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:02 PM

Am I the only one who censors the f word with Fuck in the real world?

What do you mean? My post should read:  "Shaq-Fu? yeah!  Thanks for the Shaq-Fu giveaway, Bear." I don't cuss.  8-)  :^o

#21697 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7715 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:07 PM

You have got to be shaqfuing kidding me!

#21698 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3151 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:54 PM

I alway preferred Outlaw Star over Cowboy Bebop and if any of you ever get the chance check it out.

I like Outlaw Star but I don't think it really even comes close to Bebop. Have you watched it since the Toonami days?

#21699 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:19 PM

They fixed the Antique Restorer achievement in FH4. So there's that.

#21700 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5022 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:56 PM

Canada Dropshot in the Gears Dev stream tonight.  Looks like they're doing trivia for this one rather than watching X minutes.

#21701 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:20 PM

Looks like the last batch of Gears 4 achievements are live

One of the secret ones is having everyone on a team blow the foghorn on Harbor. Who’s wants to join me?

#21702 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1977 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:32 PM

New (ish) job has me going out of town at least once a month for 2 nights at a time. Contemplating a spare, cheap 360 to keep myself occupied since the X1 is so picky about being logged online if it's not the home console.

However, I assume that only matters for digital games? Could I play offline on a non-primary console with my XBL account, as long as it was a disc? I know the 360 will do this fine.

Also, travel cases seem few and far between (and expensive). Can any fellow nerds offer suggestions to this gratuitous plan?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#21703 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8292 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:33 PM

Battlefield V 10-hour trial is up for EA Access members:

https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

#21704 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2788 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:54 PM

I like Outlaw Star but I don't think it really even comes close to Bebop. Have you watched it since the Toonami days?

I only watched it once and it was when it was released on blu ray.The first episode was amazing but for some reason I could not enjoy the rest of the show.I might have to watch it again and see what happens.

#21705 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5022 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:13 AM

Canada Dropshot in the Gears Dev stream tonight.  Looks like they're doing trivia for this one rather than watching X minutes.

Trivia is beginning.  Right or wrong, you'll get the skin if you answer all questions.

#21706 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:20 AM

New (ish) job has me going out of town at least once a month for 2 nights at a time. Contemplating a spare, cheap 360 to keep myself occupied since the X1 is so picky about being logged online if it's not the home console.

However, I assume that only matters for digital games? Could I play offline on a non-primary console with my XBL account, as long as it was a disc? I know the 360 will do this fine.

Also, travel cases seem few and far between (and expensive). Can any fellow nerds offer suggestions to this gratuitous plan?

Why not a switch?

#21707 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7541 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:21 AM

I personally agree with this, Outlaw Star was (and still is) one of my favorite animes; I never really could get that into Cowboy Bebop however. 

#21708 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1977 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:40 AM

Why not a switch?

Because I have a ton of 360 games already, and I could get a spare 360 for $50-100.

#21709 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3151 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:44 AM

I almost feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Outlaw Star is fun with its ridiculous grappler ships, fusion of sci-fi and magic-wielders, and some cool characters, but Bebop is an absolute masterpiece. Great story-telling, excellent characters and writing all around, fantastic fight and ship choreography, all topped off with 11 out of 10 music. Hell, I'd put Bebop's spiritual successor Samurai Champloo pretty far ahead of Outlaw Star too, even though it's not quite as good all around. Out of those late 90s sci-fi shows, I'd also recommend Trigun before Outlaw Star.

Maybe the slightly slower pace hurts it for your guys or something?

#21710 dorath   Banned CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:59 AM

Are you flying?
I presume so since you asked for a travel cases and unlikely you'd need a special case for driving.
I used to take my 360 with me.
I placed it in a duffle bag and padded it with my clothing. Took it as carry on and never had an issue. Did this about five times so 10 flights.
TSA thought it was weird but they didn't overly care.

#21711 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:13 AM

Got a response from MS Rewards support:

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know your concern. This is (rep name) from the Microsoft Rewards Support updating with Service Request (ticket number).

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. We received several reports about this and we are now working with our Product Group to investigate the issue. We are humbly requesting for your patience as we endeavor finding a resolution for this matter. Rest assured that we will give you an update once it is available.

Thank you for reporting this issue and for being a loyal Microsoft Rewards user.

Sincerely,

(rep name)

The Microsoft Rewards Team

#21712 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:28 AM

I almost feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Outlaw Star is fun with its ridiculous grappler ships, fusion of sci-fi and magic-wielders, and some cool characters, but Bebop is an absolute masterpiece. Great story-telling, excellent characters and writing all around, fantastic fight and ship choreography, all topped off with 11 out of 10 music. Hell, I'd put Bebop's spiritual successor Samurai Champloo pretty far ahead of Outlaw Star too, even though it's not quite as good all around. Out of those late 90s sci-fi shows, I'd also recommend Trigun before Outlaw Star.

Maybe the slightly slower pace hurts it for your guys or something?

I am with you on this one.  Nothing against Outlaw Star, it was a good show, but it not nearly as good as Cowboy Bebop.  Id put all those you listed ahead of it especially Samurai Champloo.

#21713 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1050 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:17 AM

I only take my 360 with me if I know I will be getting 3 nights of gaming. I take an RF converter with me because some hotels still lock you out from changing the TV input from the cable service they provide (aka don't hook up your entertainment buy our ppv), also because other hotel have a lock on the TV inputs so you can't even disconnect the cable from the back of the TV. I don't dare take the X anywhere because I am paranoid about the vapor chamber not holding up while traveling in my backpack and the original One is way to bulky for traveling. Before they allowed to change the MAC address or accept WiFi terms on the 360, getting online through hotel wifi was not very easy unless you had a hard line.

I used to have a Gaems case with the screen and cushions for the console and accessories, but again its very bulky for traveling. That plus the company laptop and my personal gaming laptop and that's my two carry ons , plus I still need haul around my actual luggage that needs to be checked in.

Also, never check in the console and TSA will want you to treat the console like a large laptop (must be taken out of carrying case and possibly checked for gunpowder/explosive residue) Just my 2 cents on traveling with a console.

#21714 kcobra22  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:25 AM

#21715 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3151 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:36 AM

There was a Japanese stream (with a rare unmasked Yoko Taro no less!) showing off 2B in Soul Calibur earlier. With all the little details with both 2B and her stage, this appears to be one of the most faithful adaptations of a guest character that I've ever seen. Full details with English and French subs in the video, here are the bullet points:

-2B is the first Soul Calibur guest with full customization available, meaning you can fully dress her however you want like the normal characters.

-She has two different Critical Edge attacks (the super move). When low on health she self-destructs, including the booty revealing aftermath from Automata.

-She is the first guest with destructible armor like the main cast. It's not clear if this only happens with the self-destruct attack or while taking normal damage as well.

-She has several fairly unique ranged attacks, including a ground grapple using her Pod.

-The Nier-themed customization parts coming with her are confirmed to work with everyone, not just herself.

-DLC plans haven't changed, after 2B it goes Creator Parts 1, Character 3, Creator Parts 2, Character 4.

-2B's fighting style is available for character creation like Geralt's is.

-The stage song is definitely a new arrangement in the Soul Calibur style. Not sure if Automata's composer Okabe did it or Soul Calibur's normal guy, but Okabe is there for the stream. I'm pretty sure the Witcher track was basically lifted from Witcher 3 rather then getting an arrangement.

#21716 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:46 AM

oops someone posted about it, nm!

#21717 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6042 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:58 AM

Is there a way to have two Xbox 360s on the same Xbox Live account? My primary 360's hard drive and its external hard drive are full, and I have a second one that would like to download Assassin's Creed and a few other games to since I have Games With Gold. I have two PS3s on the same PSN account, so I think it wouldn't be out of the question for Microsoft to follow Sony on something like this.

#21718 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:14 AM

https://twitter.com/...718289775554560

It was one of the earliest GWG titles way back in 2013. Grab it now if you missed it then.

#21719 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3151 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:15 AM

Is there a way to have two Xbox 360s on the same Xbox Live account? My primary 360's hard drive and its external hard drive are full, and I have a second one that would like to download Assassin's Creed and a few other games to since I have Games With Gold. I have two PS3s on the same PSN account, so I think it wouldn't be out of the question for Microsoft to follow Sony on something like this.

You can have your account on both, but not play online with both at the same time. You can only have your licenses tied to one 360 at a time, meaning whichever one is tied to your main account will both be able to play digital games while offline, and have those games playable on other accounts.

You'd have to use cloud storage if you want to have your saves sync up, but it sounds like you'd be playing different games on them. If you're just using them as separate storage, just make the one that will be online less your Home Xbox that the licenses are tied to. If you are normally online all the time with both consoles, it doesn't matter which you use as much, unless you intend to play multiplayer games with both at the same time.

#21720 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6042 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:25 AM

You can have your account on both, but not play online with both at the same time. You can only have your licenses tied to one 360 at a time, meaning whichever one is tied to your main account will both be able to play digital games while offline, and have those games playable on other accounts.

You'd have to use cloud storage if you want to have your saves sync up, but it sounds like you'd be playing different games on them. If you're just using them as separate storage, just make the one that will be online less your Home Xbox that the licenses are tied to. If you are normally online all the time with both consoles, it doesn't matter which you use as much, unless you intend to play multiplayer games with both at the same time.

Thanks. I have an Xbox One on the same account, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but I'll try to see if I can use the other 360. If not, Black Friday is right around the corner, and I might be able to swing another external HD.