* * * * * 5 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Destiny 2, CoD, Injustice 2, WRC, 360 Dynasty Warriors, more | GwG: ACC: India, Shadow Warrior; Crazy Taxi | Spotlight 2K, Indies

#2971 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8901 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted Today, 04:44 AM

Anyone play Terraria?  What's it like? I know it's a platformer, is it comparable to any other type of games or does it stand alone

If you don't have GamePass, I would wait for a sale on the game.  It's been as low as $6 in the past.  If you have GamePass, you should give it a try.  They just released a massive update to the game that makes it comparable to the PC version 1.3.0.7, but beware there are a few bugs that still need to be ironed out.

Suffering passive aggressive Florida trash fools all my life.

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

#2972 barrysowders   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

barrysowders

Posted Today, 05:05 AM

Good to see you Joel! Man, I've had 3 (might have been 4?) crashes in like 2 hours of playing, and then had a game where multiple special currency things were burned but none of the generators were special, and then games where the killer dcs or crashes when they are used and causes them to be wasted, just not great experiences for me sadly, I gave up and went over to Uno instead haha :P 

Yeah, mine has been crashing a lot as well. I probably crash 1/4 games. Hopefully the hotfix for the sounds and pallets will help a little. I guess on ps4 they aren't even able to get any coins so I guess I would rather crash than that at least lol.

UnflawledGod7.png

#2973 NickNude  

NickNude

Posted Today, 05:34 AM

Anyone play Terraria?  What's it like? I know it's a platformer, is it comparable to any other type of games or does it stand alone

Don't listen to the 2 people that probably put in under an hour of playtime. It it is not just a "2D Minecraft". If anything it's closer to a Metroidvania then it is Minecraft, collecting loot and getting further along to other areas as you and your gear progress. There is so much content in the game it will make your head spin. Bosses. Tons and tons of weapons, swords, bows, magic, etc. Sets and sets of armors, pets, rare drops. A whole bunch of stuff that is not even remotely possible in Minecraft.