* * * * * 6 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Division DLC, WRC, Handball, Surge, more | GwG: ACC: Russia, MGS5:PP; Sonic Racing

#7651 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4412 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

The Belgian Gaming Commission rules that the loot boxes in Overwatch, FIFA 18 and CS:GO fall under their gambling regulations.  Could face fines and jail time if not removed, though they want to start a discussion with the industry about it.  They felt the changes made to Battlefront II make it no longer qualify.

https://arstechnica....ing-in-belgium/

#7652 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10520 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

$1 GamePass is nice but with State of Decay not releasing till May 22 it does not really do me much good. I guess a few days for $1 is still not a bad way to try it out.

Cancerman1120.png

#7653 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   827 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:39 PM

$1 GamePass is nice but with State of Decay not releasing till May 22 it does not really do me much good. I guess a few days for $1 is still not a bad way to try it out.

The deal end in 14 days, just wait before subscribing.

#7654 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10520 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:41 PM

The deal end in 14 days, just wait before subscribing.

Good Call. Thanks!

Cancerman1120.png

#7655 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8137 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:44 PM

blah. cant get this survey to pop up. been cycling pages on both my laptop and phone.

#7656 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4412 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:44 PM

Phantom Hammerburst is live in the Gears stream.  Phantom Longshot will be available later.

#7657 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2808 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:45 PM

The Belgian Gaming Commission rules that the loot boxes in Overwatch, FIFA 18 and CS:GO fall under their gambling regulations.  Could face fines and jail time if not removed, though they want to start a discussion with the industry about it.  They felt the changes made to Battlefront II make it no longer qualify.

It'll be great if this has a real effect but I think they'll probably just modify that system as little as possible in just that country to skirt the law. It's what Blizzard did with Overwatch in China when they required percentages with Lootboxes. They just started selling a tiny amount of in game Credits with the "bonus" of included lootboxes.

I think best case scenario is maybe a big change from one of the three for at most all of Europe.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7658 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7703 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:50 PM

The Belgian Gaming Commission rules that the loot boxes in Overwatch, FIFA 18 and CS:GO fall under their gambling regulations. Could face fines and jail time if not removed, though they want to start a discussion with the industry about it. They felt the changes made to Battlefront II make it no longer qualify.

It’s Belgium. Sure publishers are concerned about the 5 gamers they’ll lose there. 😂

#7659 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:03 AM

Bummer, got the survey to pop up but it says I don't qualify. Using a VPN.

Weird how VPN does not work, didn't work for me either.

#7660 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4412 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:08 AM

It’s Belgium. Sure publishers are concerned about the 5 gamers they’ll lose there.

Gotta start somewhere.  Hopefully, like SIX min WHISTLE said, changes are made throughout Europe.  Either voluntarily by the devs / publishers or Belgium and the Netherlands getting the rest of the EU on board.

#7661 escapism  

escapism

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:17 AM

I got that 5$ code for doing the survey, but it gave me a US code and my account is from Canada so it wont let me redeem it. I contacted Microsoft but they're giving me the runaround.

Any ideas?

#7662 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4412 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:24 AM

Phantom Longshot is live in the Gears stream.

#7663 j7d7c7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:28 AM

Of the following OG Xbox titles which one is the best visual upgrade on the X1X? I’ve never played any of these but have credit expiring so I’m getting just one for now.

Black, crimson skies, dead to rights, jade empire, ninja gaiden, Star Wars KOTOR, or Morrowind?

#7664 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1915 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:30 AM

I got that 5$ code for doing the survey, but it gave me a US code and my account is from Canada so it wont let me redeem it. I contacted Microsoft but they're giving me the runaround.

Any ideas?

just a thought, you can send it to someone in the US and they can gift you a game worth $5.

#7665 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:35 AM

Any ideas?

or just cut your losses and send it someone elses way. *wink wink /s

#7666 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7703 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:45 AM

Of the following OG Xbox titles which one is the best visual upgrade on the X1X? I’ve never played any of these but have credit expiring so I’m getting just one for now.

Black, crimson skies, dead to rights, jade empire, ninja gaiden, Star Wars KOTOR, or Morrowind?

Haven’t played them all but of the ones I have, I’d say Ninja Gaiden. It looks and plays amazingly.

That said I’d recommend a game not on your list - Panzer Dragoon Orta. One of my all time favs and also looks fantastic.

#7667 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:58 AM

Forza Championship is live! Get free cars n' such*.

*- In-game cars, not real ones.

#7668 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2808 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:32 AM

Out of the ones I've played or seen in videos I'd either say Jade Empire or Ninja Gaiden. SSX 3 looks really good as well.

If you haven't played any of those I'd say grab KotOR.

Morrowind still looks pretty rough even with the upgrades.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7669 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:47 AM

I just finished the theater debut of Cobra Kai, and it was awesome. Looks like Youtube Red is in my future.

#7670 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1647 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:04 AM

You asked for one so that's all I will recommend...another vote for Ninja Gaiden.

The game sucks? Yeah? OK. Tell me about the achievements/trophies.

#7671 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:21 AM

How are people getting this survey to pop? It's on Xbox.com, right? I've been clicking through different games, even some review and pics of the games, waiting to see if something pops up, but nothing yet. Didn't know if it had to be any specific games, or if it's done by now, or what the deal is. Thanks in advance.

#7672 .Beowulf  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:24 AM

How are people getting this survey to pop? It's on Xbox.com, right? I've been clicking through different games, even some review and pics of the games, waiting to see if something pops up, but nothing yet. Didn't know if it had to be any specific games, or if it's done by now, or what the deal is. Thanks in advance.

use the microsoft site

if still fails after a while try a different browser pc/phone

#7673 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1915 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:30 AM

Survey might be over. It popped up but then it said it had enough already when I clicked it.

#7674 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:36 AM

use the microsoft site

if still fails after a while try a different browser pc/phone

Welp, this worked, finally, after some playing around, and then I got the survey to pop, and got a message that "this survey is already full" because it ate too much CAG BS today or something I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (total sarcasm obvbiously - happy for those that got it). Thanks for the reply, too.

#7675 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9512 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:38 AM

Survey might be over. It popped up but then it said it had enough already when I clicked it.

It sounds like you might have told the survey who you actually are, instead of saying you're a one-legged Cajun lesbian veteran that runs a company. :)

#7676 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36688 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:03 AM

Actually finished two games off game pass now and it only took me a month. The Final Station wasn't really what I was expecting at all, thought it was going to be a permadeath rougelike thing but was a pleasantly surprising linear narrative deal. I liked it.

Now can I do three in the next month before my two months is up? Probably not!

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#7677 j7d7c7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:38 AM

You asked for one so that's all I will recommend...another vote for Ninja Gaiden.

Haven’t played them all but of the ones I have, I’d say Ninja Gaiden. It looks and plays amazingly.

That said I’d recommend a game not on your list - Panzer Dragoon Orta. One of my all time favs and also looks fantastic.

Out of the ones I've played or seen in videos I'd either say Jade Empire or Ninja Gaiden. SSX 3 looks really good as well.

If you haven't played any of those I'd say grab KotOR.

Morrowind still looks pretty rough even with the upgrades.

Thanks for the recommendations. I went with Ninja Gaiden and splurged to get KOTOR also. I’ll pick up jade empire next. Even though it’s highly praised, after watching some gameplay videos, I’m not sure Panzer Dragoon is something I’d like.

#7678 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1647 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for the recommendations. I went with Ninja Gaiden and splurged to get KOTOR also. I’ll pick up jade empire next. Even though it’s highly praised, after watching some gameplay videos, I’m not sure Panzer Dragoon is something I’d like.

i'm curious what your first impressions are

The game sucks? Yeah? OK. Tell me about the achievements/trophies.

#7679 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:57 AM

I've been clicking around for about 15 minutes with no survey. On my PC, AdBlock off, signed in.

This survey is a freaking unicorn. Had it pop once right after I first started trying but clicked past it by mistake. Haven't seen it again ... different browsers, no ad block, different network connections.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Rockin' it old school single-player style!

Find me on Xbox Live at Gamertag ...

FloriDUH+JBot.png

#7680 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:59 AM

This survey talk all sounds like a lot of work for $5. Of course, I have continually wasted time checking sale prices and scouring clearance shelves for years to save a few dollars here or there, so to each there own...

Thrill of the hunt ... have what you can't have and all that

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Rockin' it old school single-player style!

Find me on Xbox Live at Gamertag ...

FloriDUH+JBot.png