* * * * * 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Onrush, Mordheim, WWE 2K18, Blood Bowl 2, more | Add-ons, Neo Geo, Activision | GwG: For Honor, Forza Horzion 2; Epic Mickey 2

#15511 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2313 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:46 AM

Finally got blops to work, and golly it’s a lot of fun. A return to form for them

What does that mean, exactly?  Which games is it comparable to?

#15512 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:02 AM

What does that mean, exactly? Which games is it comparable to?

Less arcadey/unrealy like the new games and More grounded and strategy like the older games. I was really impressed, also no 1 hit melee

I guess I should say a return to form for the COD I love.

Seems like you could slow your gameplay down to almost a MW2 where you could hold a certain area for the entire match.

#15513 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5665 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:09 AM

I'm thinking about combining the Dollar General Gamestop $5 off $30 gift card deal with the $250 XB1S trade for XB1X. I figure I ought to be able to upgrade from S to X for $210 (plus tax) with that combo.

If I could afford to do that, I would. I've bought 3 of the $30 cards this week, but that's all I can do. But let us know how it turns out.

I'm trying not to get caught up in the hype of trading up. I'm looking at a Dreamcast, original Xbox, 360, PS4 slim, two PS3 superslims and a Shield TV sitting next to my Xbox One. I need to just enjoy my systems, not get new ones for "marginal" performance upgrades. Yes, I said marginal since my TV doesn't do 4K.

(Backs away from thread)

#15514 Glass_Ghost_0   [Title Not Selected] CAGiversary!   2834 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Glass_Ghost_0

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:19 AM

Less arcadey/unrealy like the new games and More grounded and strategy like the older games. I was really impressed, also no 1 hit melee

Seems like you could slow your gameplay down to almost a MW2 where you could hold a certain area for the entire match.

I really enjoyed it as well. I like the grounded combat, back to basic scorestreaks, and love how the mini-map works now.

I get a vibe of Siege with the class options and semi-slower combat. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is also the first game that doesn't delete your equipment after you die and respawn?

#15515 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2880 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:32 AM

I've finally crunched some numbers. If I can manage to get close to $150 out of a Colecovision, (boxed) Atari 7800, and (boxed) Odyssey 2 I think I'll be able to upgrade to a One X. I'm scrounging around my collection and hoping to find a bit more old stuff that I either have extras of or no attachment to. I think I have an extra N64 too. 

Probably will try to list some stuff locally for a day or two but otherwise take to my store. I just don't want the GS prices of stuff to drop, and I don't really want to trade in some of this stuff unless I know I'm getting the X.

If I didn't have so many PS4 games backlogged I'd trade that to make it easy, but I'd feel bad with like 15 discs unplayed.

#15516 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11463 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:04 AM

Was there any doubt?

*Racing game of the generation is coming soon folks.

*Unless Forza Horizon 5 is out before this gen ends lol

#15517 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:57 AM

yay racing.

#15518 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2313 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:07 AM

That sounds great!

#15519 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

I'll be on tonight to play some more blops, if anyone wants to form a team lemme know! I'll be on prolly around 9 or 10 EST until fairly late (gotta have that anniversary dinner first). HIT ME UP.

#15520 funkmonker  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:59 PM

Does anyone have a code for the black ops beta?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#15521 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

I've finally crunched some numbers. If I can manage to get close to $150 out of a Colecovision, (boxed) Atari 7800, and (boxed) Odyssey 2 I think I'll be able to upgrade to a One X. I'm scrounging around my collection and hoping to find a bit more old stuff that I either have extras of or no attachment to. I think I have an extra N64 too. 
Probably will try to list some stuff locally for a day or two but otherwise take to my store. I just don't want the GS prices of stuff to drop, and I don't really want to trade in some of this stuff unless I know I'm getting the X.

If I didn't have so many PS4 games backlogged I'd trade that to make it easy, but I'd feel bad with like 15 discs unplayed.

That is a pretty awesome collection of classic consoles to part with. Are you sure its worth upgrading to the X when the next generation is only 2 years away? Thats been the thing holding me back, spedning 500 plus tax just to have the system be obsolete so quickly.

#15522 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:34 PM

I pre-ordered BLOPS4 yesterday digitally and still haven't received my beta code. How do they usually send them? Through e-mail or an Xbox Live message?

I'm still kind of on-the-fence about keeping my pre-order, I was hoping the beta would help me decide. And hopefully they don't block the ability to cancel my pre-order once I get the beta code and redeem it.

#15523 kcobra22  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

I pre-ordered BLOPS4 yesterday digitally and still haven't received my beta code. How do they usually send them? Through e-mail or an Xbox Live message?

I'm still kind of on-the-fence about keeping my pre-order, I was hoping the beta would help me decide. And hopefully they don't block the ability to cancel my pre-order once I get the beta code and redeem it.

I think if you preorder digitally you don't need a code, just search the store for the beta and you can download it.

#15524 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:54 PM

I think if you preorder digitally you don't need a code, just search the store for the beta and you can download it.

Ah! You're right, downloading now. Thanks!

#15525 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:43 PM

Gonna take the plunge and upgrade to an Xbox One X thru that Gamestop promo. Trading in the vcr X1 for $200 and my PS4 that I haven't touched since last summer for $250. Also have a few duplicate games I can trade to bring the total to less than $50, even with tax included.

Hyped for tomorrow to come. Gonna wipe both systems tonight before I trade em in. Hoping to upgrade to a 4k/hdr tv this fall season to complete the set up.

Edit: Just realized starting today, the promo includes any new $60 game. Hmmmm, what to pick? Leaning towards Vampyr since I'd like to own it physical.

#15526 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

Gonna take the plunge and upgrade to an Xbox One X thru that Gamestop promo. Trading in the vcr X1 for $200 and my PS4 that I haven't touched since last summer for $250. Also have a few duplicate games I can trade to bring the total to less than $50, even with tax included.

Hyped for tomorrow to come. Gonna wipe both systems tonight before I trade em in. Hoping to upgrade to a 4k/hdr tv this fall season to complete the set up.

Edit: Just realized starting today, the promo includes any new $60 game. Hmmmm, what to pick? Leaning towards Vampyr since I'd like to own it physical.

Or find the game with highest Gamestop value and trade it back in for cash, if you're in a state that does the cash same as credit promo right now.

#15527 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:17 PM

Or find the game with highest Gamestop value and trade it back in for cash, if you're in a state that does the cash same as credit promo right now.

Excellent line of thinking. Unfortunately, I'm in California and most stores near me don't offer this option. Guess I could flip it on Craiglist or something like that, but I loved Life is Strange and I've been itching to play Vampyr. I'm a cheapo though, so its kept me from buying it since the game released

#15528 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

I'll be on tonight to play some more blops, if anyone wants to form a team lemme know! I'll be on prolly around 9 or 10 EST until fairly late (gotta have that anniversary dinner first). HIT ME UP.

Just played some of the open beta on PC, and yep, I am officially unable to play FPS on PC anymore. Just can't do it, lol. And the beta doesn't support gamepads, so I'm SOL. Uninstalled.

#15529 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7554 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:21 PM

I ended up back near the mall. Went to GS with my receipt. Woman didn't know about the free physical game. Her co-worker did though and handed her a slip of paper with the promo. Guess it has Madden 19 on it. She gave me that instead of asking. I was going to pick that anyway. Hopefully a decent trade promo for that soon.

#15530 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4412 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:39 PM

Just a heads up as I didn't realize this myself until the other week when I traded in one of my consoles. GameStop claims they'll wipe the console themselves and if you wipe it ahead of time, it supposedly takes an hour plus to get it back in a state where they can test it. So if you do wipe it, go through the process of booting it back up first, but set up a fake email when it asks for an account.

#15531 underhanded505  

underhanded505

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:52 PM

48 hour Xbox live code

QW7QB ?YXVQ F8C7J 7TG8H 29GCT
MD9CM ?72VR 6G4DC 8VGT9 JCMMD

? - 25th letter in the alphabet

#15532 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:30 PM

My sweet new controller came with a sweet 14 day gold code and a sweet 14 day game pass code. If anyone would like one speak now or forever hold your  Fuck .

#15533 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:11 PM

Thanks to the person who posted the 8TB deal from Ebay.I checked my 5TB drive and had 2GB free on it. Now get to xfer all that data over.

#15534 onimushadavis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

onimushadavis

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:02 PM

Kind of surprised by the lack of opinions on We Happy Few. Was somewhat interested in it, but the reviews have been all over the place.

#15535 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   728 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:48 PM

Thanks to the person who posted the 8TB deal from Ebay.I checked my 5TB drive and had 2GB free on it. Now get to xfer all that data over.

I just transferred from a 3 to 6. It was very easy to transfer, just hook both up to the Xbone.

#15536 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:06 AM

Kind of surprised by the lack of opinions on We Happy Few. Was somewhat interested in it, but the reviews have been all over the place.

I redboxed this(free rentals thru the 13th), do I'll give it a whirl tonight when I get home from San Dimas

#15537 Doctor Zod  

Doctor Zod

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:07 AM

Downloaded, played, got a few achievements and uninstalled OnRush in less than an hour.

It is a fun game but something didn't click. Can't put finger on it. Literally spent more time downloading it than playing it.

At the end, this was my reaction to it:

Maybe later down the road, once it goes free in a year or so as it has "GWG" written all over it.

#15538 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3111 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:21 AM

Any regulars want a COD beta key? First one whose name I recognize that tells me their favorite album of all time gets it.

Edit: Gone

#15539 TheOldGuy  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:25 AM

Same. I get the general impression from the reviews I've read it's interesting, but not worth buying right now.

#15540 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1703 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:38 AM

Any regulars want a COD beta key? First one whose name I recognize that tells me their favorite album of all time gets it.

deftones - around the fur