* * * * * 6 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: The Surge, Hat in Time, TC GR Wildlands, Halo 5, more | Horror Spotlight | GwG: AC: Syndicate, The Witness; Dead Space 2

#4621 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

GTA V and EA (Battlefield 1, Battlefront II, DA:I, PvZ GW2, Titanfall 2, sports) counting down to date night. Includes Fe, which just released last month.

Speaking of GTA V...while watching walking dead last night I was telling my wife how much that one guy looks and acts like Trevor. Just finally found out that it’s the same dude. Yes, I live in a cave.

#4622 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:32 PM

Speaking of GTA V...while watching walking dead last night I was telling my wife how much that one guy looks and acts like Trevor. Just finally found out that it’s the same dude. Yes, I live in a cave.

Lol. Yeah I enjoy that connection every time Simon speaks.

#4623 braiiins  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:12 PM

achievements still seem to be wonky, unlocked an achievement in a BC game and my gamerscore in the BC menu shows the achievement unlocked but the xbone menu does not, MS needs to get this shit figured out

Is this just a BC problem? I got back from vacation saturday and have earned like 10 achievements no problem in a non BC game.

#4624 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7366 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:16 PM

Speaking of TWD, I’m now four episodes behind. Yeah, it’s gotten to the point where I care that much about it.

#4625 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   558 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:26 PM

Got screwed with some achievements in the GTACS and need to redo 4 letters.  Had gotten through TRUE and then popped A and C in Ms. Pac-Man BC on XB1.  Somehow I was temporarily offline with no indication when those achievements were unlocked, and went on to unlock H and I.  When I checked TA later, it had the H and I but no A or C.  Checked Xbox site, Ms. Pac-Man achievements weren't there, either.  Fired up the game and the achievements were unlocked, but not time stamped.  They show up now on my online profile, timestamped 1/1/1753.  Glad I didn't push for more this afternoon.

Still need 3 wins in Luck of the Draw in Gears for the weekend event skins.

Thats blows they have been working fine for me BC and all. I would be pissssssssssssssed if some of the ones I got didn't count

Maybe TA just hates you, because they are jealous you post here and not there  :shock:

If you have Iphone the solitaire game on there has acheivements and most of them are quite easy.

Speaking of TWD, I’m now four episodes behind. Yeah, it’s gotten to the point where I care that much about it.

You're not missing anything. I laughed out loud a couple times last night. It's gotten so silly. Simon and Dwight are terrible actors.

You know that the fog is here, omnipresent

#4626 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3648 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

GTA V and EA (Battlefield 1, Battlefront II, DA:I, PvZ GW2, Titanfall 2, sports) counting down to date night. Includes Fe, which just released last month.

I predict a great sale… Next week.

#4627 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3648 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

You know what game wasn’t horrible? Brave. Decided to play it for some random reason this weekend. it wasn’t bad if you’re looking for something easy as a change of pace.
It’s a lot of right stick shooting with very little aiming needed. Light platforming & a few puzzles that are almost too easy. Also got 900 GS in about 7 hours. Just missing the last achievement that gives you 100 gamer score for playing on the highest difficulty. I think I will let that one go.

#4628 Bryson   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:55 PM

You know what game wasn’t horrible? Brave. Decided to play it for some random reason this weekend. it wasn’t bad if you’re looking for something easy as a change of pace.
It’s a lot of right stick shooting with very little aiming needed. Light platforming & a few puzzles that are almost too easy. Also got 900 GS in about 7 hours. Just missing the last achievement that gives you 100 gamer score for playing on the highest difficulty. I think I will let that one go.

Does Brave require Kinect inorder to play it? I was under the impression that it did.

#4629 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

Thinking about getting a bigger monitor, wondering if anyone would weigh in on the one I'm looking at.

I currently have my X1 hooked up to a 25.5inch monitor which shares with a crappy desktop for grad school. My living situation doesn't really accommodate a large living room setup, so I just play games at my computer desk in my room. I mostly want a larger screen with IPS since the viewing angle isn't great for other spots when I have company. So, I'm mainly concerned with screen real estate, and have no intention of upgrading to 4k anything any time soon.

Looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.c...1_t1_B0755KJ56W

It's large enough that it has a built-in dual screen setting for PC work, which is also very appealing since I write a lot of research papers.

#4630 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3648 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

Does Brave require Kinect inorder to play it? I was under the impression that it did.

nope.

#4631 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2368 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

They don't make Kinect required games backwards compatible.

#4632 Bryson   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

They don't make Kinect required games backwards compatible.

Cool good to know! I'm going for the completion so I'm starting on Brave difficulty. I hear that the checkpoints are really forgivable so it shouldn't be too bad. Game is not too bad so far. Should be a relatively quick 1000.

#4633 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   558 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:37 PM

Thinking about getting a bigger monitor, wondering if anyone would weigh in on the one I'm looking at.

I currently have my X1 hooked up to a 25.5inch monitor which shares with a crappy desktop for grad school. My living situation doesn't really accommodate a large living room setup, so I just play games at my computer desk in my room. I mostly want a larger screen with IPS since the viewing angle isn't great for other spots when I have company. So, I'm mainly concerned with screen real estate, and have no intention of upgrading to 4k anything any time soon.

Looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.c...1_t1_B0755KJ56W

It's large enough that it has a built-in dual screen setting for PC work, which is also very appealing since I write a lot of research papers.

If you're going cheap might as well go with this one and save another $25, basically the same thing

https://www.amazon.c...0&pd_rd_w=WaFuC

Cool good to know! I'm going for the completion so I'm starting on Brave difficulty. I hear that the checkpoints are really forgivable so it shouldn't be too bad. Game is not too bad so far.

It's not that bad at all, I'm on the last level now but the TA thing has me playing other stuff ATM. Make sure you power up the bow as the sword is basically useless later in the game, you have to keep your distance cause one or two hits and you're done. Yeah the checkpoints are super forgiving as is falling off an edge. You're never more than a minute or 2 from where you were.

#4634 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:19 PM

If you're going cheap might as well go with this one and save another $25, basically the same thing

https://www.amazon.c...0&pd_rd_w=WaFuC

Well dang, the one I linked was $206 when I was viewing it. Looks like the main difference between those models is the split screen mode, which is probably worth an extra $25 to me.

#4635 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   558 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:35 PM

Well dang, the one I linked was $206 when I was viewing it. Looks like the main difference between those models is the split screen mode, which is probably worth an extra $25 to me.

They both have split screen 2.0 and I think the cheaper one is actually a little nicer? But Idk, I dont want to get blamed if it comes in and is terrible  :-#

#4636 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:49 PM

They both have split screen 2.0 and I think the cheaper one is actually a little nicer? But Idk, I dont want to get blamed if it comes in and is terrible  :-#

Yep, didn't notice that, but you're right. The $225 one has way more reviews, which was my initial draw. If the price drops down again I may just go with it, I'm not in a huge hurry.

#4637 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1614 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

Yep, didn't notice that, but you're right. The $225 one has way more reviews, which was my initial draw. If the price drops down again I may just go with it, I'm not in a huge hurry.

it says $206 for me

The game sucks? Yeah? OK. Tell me about the achievements/trophies.

#4638 braiiins  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:45 PM

According to Ubisoft club assassin's creed rogue remastered comes out tomorrow but it looks like it's not even up on the store for digital purchase yet. Don't know if I'll get it immediately since I'm not even half way done with far cry primal and I'll want to play FC5 before AC:R since I already beat it on 360. I haven't seen anything about price but I'm hoping for $20 initially since ezio collection was $60 for 3 games but guessing it will be $30 like stick of truth.

#4639 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9292 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

According to Ubisoft club assassin's creed rogue remastered comes out tomorrow but it looks like it's not even up on the store for digital purchase yet. Don't know if I'll get it immediately since I'm not even half way done with far cry primal and I'll want to play FC5 before AC:R since I already beat it on 360. I haven't seen anything about price but I'm hoping for $20 initially since ezio collection was $60 for 3 games but guessing it will be $30 like stick of truth.

It is so odd that that SoT is $30 digitally, because everywhere I've looked the disc version is $20 and I'm not aware of any price drop for the game.

#4640 braiiins  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:17 PM

It is so odd that that SoT is $30 digitally, because everywhere I've looked the disc version is $20 and I'm not aware of any price drop for the game.

That is odd and explains why I thought it actually was $20 until I looked it up on the marketplace and was surprised to see $30.

#4641 dennisb407   Hurricane season begins June 1st, 2018 CAGiversary!   5309 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:18 PM

A little over 3yrs later I think Im going to finish Alien Isolation this week.

Or maybe not

#4642 Dave4282   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   196 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:27 PM

I tried playing Rise of the Tomb Raider (digital copy) last for the first time since getting my X, to see what glorious 4k looks like in it and the game will not launch after the initial ROTR screen shows up with Lara.  After the initial screen, the screen just goes black and doesn't do anything until I hit the home button to force close the game.  I know ROTR is part of Game Pass, but I've never had game pass, so I don't know why all of a sudden the game won't work and I'm not sure that MS will give me a refund since I bought the game back at launch. 

#4643 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

it says $206 for me

Amazon is so weird, it went back down for me too.

#4644 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

Or maybe not

Lol! Yeah that keeps hanging around my backlog. I just haven’t been able to get into it but feel like I should give it another chance.

#4645 dennisb407   Hurricane season begins June 1st, 2018 CAGiversary!   5309 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:36 PM

Lol! Yeah that keeps hanging around my backlog. I just haven’t been able to get into it but feel like I should give it another chance.

The game is excellent, just long af

#4646 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7533 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:40 PM

I haven't started yet. I try to play games that take up more hd space nowadays. im like do I play if its fun? Nope start the one that's is taking up 98 GBs.

Mr+hockey66.png

giphy.gif

#4647 Sielanas  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:07 PM

https://www.polygon....tch-rare-reddit

I was in the fence, I'll give them money now (sign up for game pass if I can get the cheap price somehow).

191839_b359839b3d00807e.png

#4648 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:13 PM

Thats blows they have been working fine for me BC and all. I would be pissssssssssssssed if some of the ones I got didn't count

Maybe TA just hates you, because they are jealous you post here and not there  :shock:

If you have Iphone the solitaire game on there has acheivements and most of them are quite easy.

You're not missing anything. I laughed out loud a couple times last night. It's gotten so silly. Simon and Dwight are terrible actors.

I only see one Solitaire game on iOS, and it shares achievements with Win10, WinPhone and Android.  I already play that in Win10 and am 2 achievements shy of completing it, 18/100 Spider games and 15/100 Pyramid boards.  Still play the events there every now and again.  Finished 73rd out of 368,944 players worldwide in the Freecell event last week.

Currently actively working at Win10 Mahjong and the Japanese version of Sudoku.  Occasionally work at some of the other casual PC games (Jigsaw, Taptiles) for the monthly challenges.

Still watch Walking Dead regularly.  Enjoyed last night episode.

I tried playing Rise of the Tomb Raider (digital copy) last for the first time since getting my X, to see what glorious 4k looks like in it and the game will not launch after the initial ROTR screen shows up with Lara.  After the initial screen, the screen just goes black and doesn't do anything until I hit the home button to force close the game.  I know ROTR is part of Game Pass, but I've never had game pass, so I don't know why all of a sudden the game won't work and I'm not sure that MS will give me a refund since I bought the game back at launch. 

Turn off the Nude Raider cheat code.   :razz:

#4649 stevocbk24   CAG Veteran/Winter Soldier CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:15 PM

Or maybe not

I beat it about a year and a half ago after buying it day one lol. One of my favorite games of all time, I recommend playing it in 1 hour chunks though.

stevo%20cbk24.jpg

#4650 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7366 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:15 PM

PUBG is now out in the US for iPhone. No beta invite required.

https://itunes.apple...1330123889?mt=8