- - - - -

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XVIII

#61 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

So I bought a Wii U listed as "good" and with the descriptor "item will come in original package." Arrived in a generic white cardboard box with everything thrown in loose with no packaging material, and an Amazon warehouse sticker right on the side of the box that says "Used--acceptable." Is this par for the course with AWD?

#62 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

So I bought a Wii U listed as "good" and with the descriptor "item will come in original package." Arrived in a generic white cardboard box with everything thrown in loose with no packaging material, and an Amazon warehouse sticker right on the side of the box that says "Used--acceptable." Is this par for the course with AWD?

I've had a similar experience with other hardware, but on the flip side I've received near mint items for "acceptable" listings. Worst case, returns are easy. I've scheduled a return and bought another before returning.

#63 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

It varies greatly. I have had to return 4 of my last 5 items from Warehouse Deals because they were either not anywhere close to the described condition or were just flat out missing things that were supposed to be included. In the past I have had some pretty crap luck with getting consoles and handhelds from them. Their idea of quality control is laughably bad. I know some people have had good success, but I sure haven't been impressed with them over the past couple years. They are about on par with Gamestop nowadays when it comes to what you receive versus what you ordered.  A total lottery. I still take the gamble on really good deals from both places from time to time, but it usually ends up being a hassle and I have to return the items.

#64 mlow44  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:03 AM

Maybe not quite par, but it's not too uncommon. Is the system itself in "Good" condition, would you reckon? While I've had relatively good luck on AWD, I've also marveled at a couple amazingly poor packing jobs. The items themselves were miraculously undamaged so I didn't really have anything to complain about though.

#65 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3020 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:09 AM

sounds about right

5x3epd.jpg

Asian gamer?  NoRiceNoLife.com

#66 ritchardf  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

South Park: The Fractured but Whole Remote Control Coon Mobile Bundle - PlayStation 4

A $44.15 VG $46.91 $48.57

lots say repackaged, but they have quite a few

#67 Glass_Ghost_0   [Title Not Selected] CAGiversary!   2780 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Glass_Ghost_0

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

Xbox One + Kinect (G) 132.57

Moo+Moo+Dairy.png

#68 Miker525  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:25 AM

AWD's quality (and deals) have sunk drastically over the past few years. It used to be fairly accurate to listings, or better (I often ordered A and would receive basically brand new items for stupid low prices) but recently deals are pretty bad and their quality control is awful. Lately I've been receiving wrong condition items (lucky), the wrong item completely (shitty), and in one scenario I literally received an empty box (Fuck off amazon). Looking through my purchase history it was laughable how much I bought from AWD 3-5 years ago. The past two years though, I've pretty much stopped buying from them as it's such a crapshoot.

THESE ARE ALL THE (PHYSICAL) GAMES I OWN. | YEARLY SPENDING ON GAMES.

Steam: Miker525 | XBL: Miker525 | PSN: MikeRosenberg

- If you add me give me a heads up so I know to not auto decline it -

#69 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15527 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:02 AM

For a TV - wondering if "Display has cosmetic imperfections but is usable. Small cosmetic imperfections on front bezels." means that there are two separate issues or the 2nd line just elaborates on the first sentence...

#70 abadaa1987  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:41 AM

Display = cosmetic imperfections. 

also noted small cosmetic imperfections on front bezels.

#71 Davivascaino   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Davivascaino

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:46 AM

What happened to this thread ? It used to be one of the busiest thread here. Where is that fellow cager that used to post a lot of AWD?

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#72 mitch079   Don't be a moron! CAGiversary!   12644 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:37 AM

He's banned https://www.cheapass...#entry13735724 

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#73 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6509 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:09 AM

For a TV - wondering if "Display has cosmetic imperfections but is usable. Small cosmetic imperfections on front bezels." means that there are two separate issues or the 2nd line just elaborates on the first sentence...

I bought an x900E from AWD, it arrived fine. Found an X930E for a good deal and ordered it, they shipped it in packaging that was literally falling apart through UPS and it was shattered. Returned it and ordered another. Same thing happened. It’s a crapshoot with AWD I reckon.

#74 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15527 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

I bought an x900E from AWD, it arrived fine. Found an X930E for a good deal and ordered it, they shipped it in packaging that was literally falling apart through UPS and it was shattered. Returned it and ordered another. Same thing happened. It’s a crapshoot with AWD I reckon.

Moot point now as it sold, but good to know if i see something else in the future. There's a like new one out there but higher than I want to go.

#75 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

Was expecting a bigger price drop on AWD copied of ARMS given the sale on new copies (likely due to Best Buy's sale), but only $5 cheaper than new is not worth it. Generally if they drop the price of the new item then they'll drop the price of the AWD item too, sometimes making it a very good deal.

I also see a lot of Mario Odyssey for $42 pop up here and there.

#76 thebranman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

thebranman

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:03 AM

South Park: The Fractured but Whole Remote Control Coon Mobile Bundle - PlayStation 4

A $44.15 VG $46.91 $48.57

lots say repackaged, but they have quite a few

Decided to gamble on this and it didn't pay off. It turned out to be just the remote control coon mobile, not the bundle with the game. I went with acceptable and it's actually in pretty good condition, but it's definitely going back since it cost more used than it does new thanks to the wrong listing.

#77 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6509 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:43 AM

Well I ended up with the first good AWD I've had in awhile.

Basically, I bought a 55" X900E for $820. Great TV. Then I found a third party seller that had a 55" LG OLED for $1150, thought there's no way this will go through, lo and behold it did. That in and of itself was a great deal.

Anyway, I got on amazon chat to return the X900E and they said "if you want to keep it, we'll let you have it for a 50% refund"

so now I have a $410 X900E too

#78 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

Basically, I bought a 55" X900E for $820. Great TV. Then I found a third party seller that had a 55" LG OLED for $1150, thought there's no way this will go through, lo and behold it did. That in and of itself was a great deal.

Anyway, I got on amazon chat to return the X900E and they said "if you want to keep it, we'll let you have it for a 50% refund"

Wow. Better not complain to Amazon for the next two years.

#79 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2288 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:14 PM

They'll refund a TV half to avoid the return but they can't ship a CE in a box? Okay.

Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games -  Games I'm Selling/Trading

#80 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6509 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

Wow. Better not complain to Amazon for the next two years.

I know right. I wasn’t even complaining, just wanted a label generated lol

#81 GangbangOrangutang  

GangbangOrangutang

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

I bought a new king size memory foam mattress and it sleeps hot.  I tried to return it to amazon and after a couple of their associates being a pain in the ass (print this return slip and attach it to the king size mattress and leave it in the rain for UPS to pick up), they finally just refunded my money.  So I got a King sized mattress for free. https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#82 mitch079   Don't be a moron! CAGiversary!   12644 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

So you got a hot mattress for free.  

9DM0lAb.jpg

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#83 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2389 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:33 PM

I bought a new king size memory foam mattress and it sleeps hot.  I tried to return it to amazon and after a couple of their associates being a pain in the ass (print this return slip and attach it to the king size mattress and leave it in the rain for UPS to pick up), they finally just refunded my money.  So I got a King sized mattress for free. https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How were they being a pain in the ass? That's how returns work with larger items. 

#84 Carlanga   Fishing for deals CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

How were they being a pain in the ass? That's how returns work with larger items. 

He needs a mattress press machine to put it back in the original box.  No press no return lol 

:P

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#85 3dHene  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

Hoping for a big score.  Ordered an island grill over the weekend from AW, that is split into 3 pieces weighing 1,800 pounds combined.  Got it for 50% off, and hoping it is in excellent shape.  The only question/answer on it's product page is about the length of it, with an answer coming two weeks ago that someone had to send theirs back because it was bigger than expected and could not get it into their gate.  Hoping I get his and it was handled nicely in between. I am curious if Amazon would try to strike a deal with me if I end up not wanting it.  I would think the shipping on this thing is a pretty penny.

#86 GangbangOrangutang  

GangbangOrangutang

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:22 PM

He needs a mattress press machine to put it back in the original box.  No press no return lol 

:P

DING DING DING We have a winner!  They offered returns with no possible way to return it.  It takes two people to move it.  My point was that in the end Amazon ain't so bad.

#87 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6509 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:40 PM

Hoping for a big score. Ordered an island grill over the weekend from AW, that is split into 3 pieces weighing 1,800 pounds combined. Got it for 50% off, and hoping it is in excellent shape. The only question/answer on it's product page is about the length of it, with an answer coming two weeks ago that someone had to send theirs back because it was bigger than expected and could not get it into their gate. Hoping I get his and it was handled nicely in between. I am curious if Amazon would try to strike a deal with me if I end up not wanting it. I would think the shipping on this thing is a pretty penny.

Hopefully they will work with you. I remember when the oculus rift launched in 2016, everywhere was sold out and on backorder. Amazon out of nowhere comes out with these pc bundles with a Rift included. Several people asked amazon if they could just return the pc and get docked the headset. I did this as well and amazon confirmed it.

Well I got it in, returned the pc, after a week or two asked them why I hadn’t been refunded anything yet. They “looked into it” and I had a full refund, so I got a Rift for free.

At launch there was absolutely nothing available worthwhile so I just put it up on eBay and it sold for over a grand lol.

#88 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:16 AM

So I just purchased a Samsung UH750 31.5" Screen LED-lit Monitor from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The Description stated. Condition: Used - Acceptable - Large cosmetic imperfections on sides of the item. Large cosmetic imperfection(s) on bottom or back of the item. Large cosmetic imperfections on stand/wall-mount. Large cosmetic imperfections on computer casing. Accessories may have cosmetic damage. Item will come repackaged.
I saved about $150 by buying pre-owned. Should I be worried?
http://puu.sh/zxiU2/2ddac72f40.png

#89 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

So I just purchased a Samsung UH750 31.5" Screen LED-lit Monitor from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The Description stated. Condition: Used - Acceptable - Large cosmetic imperfections on sides of the item. Large cosmetic imperfection(s) on bottom or back of the item. Large cosmetic imperfections on stand/wall-mount. Large cosmetic imperfections on computer casing. Accessories may have cosmetic damage. Item will come repackaged.
I saved about $150 by buying pre-owned. Should I be worried?
http://puu.sh/zxiU2/2ddac72f40.png

Hit or miss, but something that expensive I would have personally just paid the extra $150 for brand new.

You can obviously always send it back, but I wouldn’t make a habit of doing that on higher priced stuff. Which is why I usually avoid them on AWD.

#90 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:56 AM

Hit or miss, but something that expensive I would have personally just paid the extra $150 for brand new.

You can obviously always send it back, but I wouldn’t make a habit of doing that on higher priced stuff. Which is why I usually avoid them on AWD.

but you think I should pay the extra $50 for a Used - Very Good?