All Other console and handhelds

PC, Mac and Virtual Reality gaming:

:pc: PC
   Mac

iconcerv.png
  Virtual Reality Gaming

F.A.Q's
What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

What is AmazonSmile?
From Amazon: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

For more information follow the link below:

About AmazonSmile

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What is this "glitch deals" that I keep hearing about in this thread?
On August 7th, 2014, AWD glitched out similar to how it did around penny deals, except lot of stuff went for cheap instead for a penny. The pricing algorithm went haywire and in the process lot of stuff went for cheap across the AWD spectrum from games to iphones to tablets and everything else in between. The "glitch deal" lasted for maybe a couple of hours and fellow CAGs that were around during that time made out like a bandit. Below is the timeline leading up to the night and the deals that went down on that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a "dinger" (in reference to a game console listed in good condition)?

Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Small cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item. Small cosmetic imperfection on bottom or back of item. Missing manual. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged

Is this a "dinger" (in reference to a game console listed in good condition)?

Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Small cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item. Small cosmetic imperfection on bottom or back of item. Missing manual. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged
Everything but the "missing manual" part checks out. I'd say it's most likely to be a trade-in, or possibly an open-box return. Chances of it being a dinger seem low based on this description alone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B075N7RDTM/ref=sr_1_20_olp?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1517696867&sr=8-20&keywords=nintendo+switch&condition=used

Super Mario Odyssey Switch Bundle for $322.99. Pretty big gamble as to whether it will still have the game code, though. Price on these are pretty high so it's a good deal for what is so far a limited edition item.
I've bought this at a higher price and received a physical copy inside. However, I bought another at this price and the code was not included. Still a good deal if you want those red joy-cons

There's a bunch of these, at least one listing looks like a possible dinger (missing shrink wrap, no mention of display imperfections, etc). Likelihood of dingers is higher since so many came in stock all at once. If I really wanted a Switch right now I'd gamble on it, but I've got enough on my plate to hold off another year.

I'd go for this one first (A)

"Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Large cosmetic damage on cover art. Item may come repackaged."

And since there's so much stock for the other (A)s I'd be willing to try my luck with either of the listings EXCEPT for the one that says the display has cosmetic imperfections or the one that says accessories have cosmetic imperfections.

EDIT: Two out of four of the (A) descriptions have "Display has cosmetic imperfections," missed it on first read. The way they dumped a bunch of listings here all at once still makes me think someone dropped a crate of new systems, though. I'd almost be willing to bet this is one of those times Warehouse gets the description wrong and "Display" and "Accessories" both refer to the box. Almost.

EDIT 2: Gray Joy-Cons version has a bunch now, too.

So what's the deal with trade ins now? Seems like almost everything got removed for trade in eligibility unless it came out in the last 6 months. Don't even have a trade value on Yooka Laylee. Are they just cutting back on what they are taking or am I just unlucky in what I have vs what they will take?

So what's the deal with trade ins now? Seems like almost everything got removed for trade in eligibility unless it came out in the last 6 months. Don't even have a trade value on Yooka Laylee. Are they just cutting back on what they are taking or am I just unlucky in what I have vs what they will take?
Probably cutting back and being more strict.

Used to you could almost trade in anything as long as it resembled what the item was depending on the agent.

A rare limited edition trades in for $60? Sent in the disc only? Enjoy your $60 amazon credit!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B075N7RDTM/ref=sr_1_20_olp?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1517696867&sr=8-20&keywords=nintendo+switch&condition=used

Super Mario Odyssey Switch Bundle for $322.99. Pretty big gamble as to whether it will still have the game code, though. Price on these are pretty high so it's a good deal for what is so far a limited edition item.
Someone traded in one locally to a GS. $280 w/o the game or tax, works for me.

Someone traded in one locally to a GS. $280 w/o the game or tax, works for me.
GS giving $280 for the Odyssey bundle without game? Is this a specific promotion? Only promotion I see is $50 extra, so $230 ($180+$50) for full switch set.

Edit: Sorry, my mistake. You mean you bought one, not traded one.

So I bought a Wii U listed as "good" and with the descriptor "item will come in original package." Arrived in a generic white cardboard box with everything thrown in loose with no packaging material, and an Amazon warehouse sticker right on the side of the box that says "Used--acceptable." Is this par for the course with AWD?

So I bought a Wii U listed as "good" and with the descriptor "item will come in original package." Arrived in a generic white cardboard box with everything thrown in loose with no packaging material, and an Amazon warehouse sticker right on the side of the box that says "Used--acceptable." Is this par for the course with AWD?
I've had a similar experience with other hardware, but on the flip side I've received near mint items for "acceptable" listings. Worst case, returns are easy. I've scheduled a return and bought another before returning.

It varies greatly. I have had to return 4 of my last 5 items from Warehouse Deals because they were either not anywhere close to the described condition or were just flat out missing things that were supposed to be included. In the past I have had some pretty crap luck with getting consoles and handhelds from them. Their idea of quality control is laughably bad. I know some people have had good success, but I sure haven't been impressed with them over the past couple years. They are about on par with Gamestop nowadays when it comes to what you receive versus what you ordered. A total lottery. I still take the gamble on really good deals from both places from time to time, but it usually ends up being a hassle and I have to return the items.

Maybe not quite par, but it's not too uncommon. Is the system itself in "Good" condition, would you reckon? While I've had relatively good luck on AWD, I've also marveled at a couple amazingly poor packing jobs. The items themselves were miraculously undamaged so I didn't really have anything to complain about though.

sounds about right

AWD's quality (and deals) have sunk drastically over the past few years. It used to be fairly accurate to listings, or better (I often ordered A and would receive basically brand new items for stupid low prices) but recently deals are pretty bad and their quality control is awful. Lately I've been receiving wrong condition items (lucky), the wrong item completely (shitty), and in one scenario I literally received an empty box (fuck off amazon). Looking through my purchase history it was laughable how much I bought from AWD 3-5 years ago. The past two years though, I've pretty much stopped buying from them as it's such a crapshoot.

For a TV - wondering if "Display has cosmetic imperfections but is usable. Small cosmetic imperfections on front bezels." means that there are two separate issues or the 2nd line just elaborates on the first sentence...

Display = cosmetic imperfections.

also noted small cosmetic imperfections on front bezels.

For a TV - wondering if "Display has cosmetic imperfections but is usable. Small cosmetic imperfections on front bezels." means that there are two separate issues or the 2nd line just elaborates on the first sentence...
I bought an x900E from AWD, it arrived fine. Found an X930E for a good deal and ordered it, they shipped it in packaging that was literally falling apart through UPS and it was shattered. Returned it and ordered another. Same thing happened. It’s a crapshoot with AWD I reckon.

I bought an x900E from AWD, it arrived fine. Found an X930E for a good deal and ordered it, they shipped it in packaging that was literally falling apart through UPS and it was shattered. Returned it and ordered another. Same thing happened. It’s a crapshoot with AWD I reckon.
Moot point now as it sold, but good to know if i see something else in the future. There's a like new one out there but higher than I want to go.

Was expecting a bigger price drop on AWD copied of ARMS given the sale on new copies (likely due to Best Buy's sale), but only $5 cheaper than new is not worth it. Generally if they drop the price of the new item then they'll drop the price of the AWD item too, sometimes making it a very good deal.

I also see a lot of Mario Odyssey for $42 pop up here and there.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole Remote Control Coon Mobile Bundle - PlayStation 4

A $44.15 VG $46.91 $48.57

lots say repackaged, but they have quite a few
Decided to gamble on this and it didn't pay off. It turned out to be just the remote control coon mobile, not the bundle with the game. I went with acceptable and it's actually in pretty good condition, but it's definitely going back since it cost more used than it does new thanks to the wrong listing.

Well I ended up with the first good AWD I've had in awhile.

Basically, I bought a 55" X900E for $820. Great TV. Then I found a third party seller that had a 55" LG OLED for $1150, thought there's no way this will go through, lo and behold it did. That in and of itself was a great deal.

Anyway, I got on amazon chat to return the X900E and they said "if you want to keep it, we'll let you have it for a 50% refund"

so now I have a $410 X900E too

Basically, I bought a 55" X900E for $820. Great TV. Then I found a third party seller that had a 55" LG OLED for $1150, thought there's no way this will go through, lo and behold it did. That in and of itself was a great deal.

Anyway, I got on amazon chat to return the X900E and they said "if you want to keep it, we'll let you have it for a 50% refund"

Wow. Better not complain to Amazon for the next two years.

They'll refund a TV half to avoid the return but they can't ship a CE in a box? Okay.

I bought a new king size memory foam mattress and it sleeps hot. I tried to return it to amazon and after a couple of their associates being a pain in the ass (print this return slip and attach it to the king size mattress and leave it in the rain for UPS to pick up), they finally just refunded my money. So I got a King sized mattress for free. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NANZ3HQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
How were they being a pain in the ass? That's how returns work with larger items.

Hoping for a big score. Ordered an island grill over the weekend from AW, that is split into 3 pieces weighing 1,800 pounds combined. Got it for 50% off, and hoping it is in excellent shape. The only question/answer on it's product page is about the length of it, with an answer coming two weeks ago that someone had to send theirs back because it was bigger than expected and could not get it into their gate. Hoping I get his and it was handled nicely in between. I am curious if Amazon would try to strike a deal with me if I end up not wanting it. I would think the shipping on this thing is a pretty penny.

Hoping for a big score. Ordered an island grill over the weekend from AW, that is split into 3 pieces weighing 1,800 pounds combined. Got it for 50% off, and hoping it is in excellent shape. The only question/answer on it's product page is about the length of it, with an answer coming two weeks ago that someone had to send theirs back because it was bigger than expected and could not get it into their gate. Hoping I get his and it was handled nicely in between. I am curious if Amazon would try to strike a deal with me if I end up not wanting it. I would think the shipping on this thing is a pretty penny.
Hopefully they will work with you. I remember when the oculus rift launched in 2016, everywhere was sold out and on backorder. Amazon out of nowhere comes out with these pc bundles with a Rift included. Several people asked amazon if they could just return the pc and get docked the headset. I did this as well and amazon confirmed it.

Well I got it in, returned the pc, after a week or two asked them why I hadn’t been refunded anything yet. They “looked into it” and I had a full refund, so I got a Rift for free.

At launch there was absolutely nothing available worthwhile so I just put it up on eBay and it sold for over a grand lol.

So I just purchased a Samsung UH750 31.5" Screen LED-lit Monitor from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The Description stated. Condition: Used - Acceptable - Large cosmetic imperfections on sides of the item. Large cosmetic imperfection(s) on bottom or back of the item. Large cosmetic imperfections on stand/wall-mount. Large cosmetic imperfections on computer casing. Accessories may have cosmetic damage. Item will come repackaged.
I saved about $150 by buying pre-owned. Should I be worried?
http://puu.sh/zxiU2/2ddac72f40.png

So I just purchased a Samsung UH750 31.5" Screen LED-lit Monitor from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The Description stated. Condition: Used - Acceptable - Large cosmetic imperfections on sides of the item. Large cosmetic imperfection(s) on bottom or back of the item. Large cosmetic imperfections on stand/wall-mount. Large cosmetic imperfections on computer casing. Accessories may have cosmetic damage. Item will come repackaged.
I saved about $150 by buying pre-owned. Should I be worried?
http://puu.sh/zxiU2/2ddac72f40.png
Hit or miss, but something that expensive I would have personally just paid the extra $150 for brand new.

You can obviously always send it back, but I wouldn’t make a habit of doing that on higher priced stuff. Which is why I usually avoid them on AWD.

Hit or miss, but something that expensive I would have personally just paid the extra $150 for brand new.

You can obviously always send it back, but I wouldn’t make a habit of doing that on higher priced stuff. Which is why I usually avoid them on AWD.
but you think I should pay the extra $50 for a Used - Very Good?

It's honestly hard to say. I would prefer to buy new as well (for higher priced items) just to have some ease of mind. Just thoroughly check for any defects/imperfections once you received your stuff.
Yeah, I didn't really have the funds for $50 more, but I did it. I just wanted a newer monitor. My BENQ 24in RL Series monitor, is coming up on a few years old.

DING DING DING We have a winner! They offered returns with no possible way to return it. It takes two people to move it. My point was that in the end Amazon ain't so bad.
They didn't tell you to put it back the box. They told you to put it outside your door with a label on it. That's how those returns are handled.

They didn't tell you to put it back the box. They told you to put it outside your door with a label on it. That's how those returns are handled.
No the first associate told me to put it back in the box. Then after a lot of talking, they said put it outside, which meant I would have ended up with a moldy mattress outside my house because UPS couldn't get their shit together to tell me if they would even pick it up. The reality of the situation was that they don't accept returns on those items. SO if the return policy says that they do, they just give it to you, because it would cost them more to hire a freight company to come grab it from you. They were being a pain in the ass because they didn't know their own procedures and it had to escalated up to a manager to do what seems obvious with a vacuum sealed king sized mattress.

Dude ... Their 3ds prices are all over the place.

Mario 3ds black was down to less than $120 then jumps to $150+.

Like green super Mario world 3ds xl was down to $120 or so, now $220+

These changes are for the same quality (acceptable, good, etc.).

I'm glad I bought some lime green before the price jumped, though I did get some "like new" that were at best "acceptable" quality. Quickly returned those..

Just had my first AWD snafu requiring a return. Should have known from the price something would go south. Old adage of too good a deal and all that.

Bought the latest edition of the Doom board game in "like new" condition. Well that was a tad off. It was missing every one of the 36 plastic figures. Rest of the game appeared to be there but without the figures it ain't worth the savings, not by a long shot. Back to the warehouse it goes.

Does anyone know, can boardgames be sold back to Amazon or was this a customer return and someone ripped Amazon off? Just a curiosity question at this point.

Just had my first AWD snafu requiring a return. Should have known from the price something would go south. Old adage of too good a deal and all that.

Bought the latest edition of the Doom board game in "like new" condition. Well that was a tad off. It was missing every one of the 36 plastic figures. Rest of the game appeared to be there but without the figures it ain't worth the savings, not by a long shot. Back to the warehouse it goes.

Does anyone know, can boardgames be sold back to Amazon or was this a customer return and someone ripped Amazon off? Just a curiosity question at this point.
Happens alot, people just steal stuff and return it and they don't check

bread's done
Back