- - - - -

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XVIII

#91 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   993 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:24 AM

but you think I should pay the extra $50 for a Used - Very Good?

It's honestly hard to say. I would prefer to buy new as well (for higher priced items) just to have some ease of mind. Just thoroughly check for any defects/imperfections once you received your stuff.

#92 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   284 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:53 AM

It's honestly hard to say. I would prefer to buy new as well (for higher priced items) just to have some ease of mind. Just thoroughly check for any defects/imperfections once you received your stuff.

Yeah, I didn't really have the funds for $50 more, but I did it. I just wanted a newer monitor. My BENQ 24in RL Series monitor, is coming up on a few years old.

#93 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2368 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

DING DING DING We have a winner! They offered returns with no possible way to return it. It takes two people to move it. My point was that in the end Amazon ain't so bad.

They didn't tell you to put it back the box. They told you to put it outside your door with a label on it. That's how those returns are handled.

#94 GangbangOrangutang  

GangbangOrangutang

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:47 AM

They didn't tell you to put it back the box. They told you to put it outside your door with a label on it. That's how those returns are handled.

No the first associate told me to put it back in the box.  Then after a lot of talking, they said put it outside, which meant I would have ended up with a moldy mattress outside my house because UPS couldn't get their shit together to tell me if they would even pick it up.  The reality of the situation was that they don't accept returns on those items.  SO if the return policy says that they do, they just give it to you, because it would cost them more to hire a freight company to come grab it from you.  They were being a pain in the ass because they didn't know their own procedures and it had to escalated up to a manager to do what seems obvious with a vacuum sealed king sized mattress.

#95 rdigit   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   516 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

Dude ... Their 3ds prices are all over the place.

Mario 3ds black was down to less than $120 then jumps to $150+.

Like green super Mario world 3ds xl was down to $120 or so, now $220+

These changes are for the same quality (acceptable, good, etc.).

I'm glad I bought some lime green before the price jumped, though I did get some "like new" that were at best "acceptable" quality. Quickly returned those..

#96 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1666 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:53 PM

Just had my first AWD snafu requiring a return. Should have known from the price something would go south. Old adage of too good a deal and all that.

Bought the latest edition of the Doom board game in "like new" condition. Well that was a tad off. It was missing every one of the 36 plastic figures. Rest of the game appeared to be there but without the figures it ain't worth the savings, not by a long shot. Back to the warehouse it goes.

Does anyone know, can boardgames be sold back to Amazon or was this a customer return and someone ripped Amazon off? Just a curiosity question at this point.

#97 SeanAmI   No you cannot CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

Just had my first AWD snafu requiring a return. Should have known from the price something would go south. Old adage of too good a deal and all that.

Bought the latest edition of the Doom board game in "like new" condition. Well that was a tad off. It was missing every one of the 36 plastic figures. Rest of the game appeared to be there but without the figures it ain't worth the savings, not by a long shot. Back to the warehouse it goes.

Does anyone know, can boardgames be sold back to Amazon or was this a customer return and someone ripped Amazon off? Just a curiosity question at this point.

Happens alot, people just steal stuff and return it and they don't check

#98 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:17 AM

Not sure if it’s been posted but the SNES 3DS XL has an automatic 20% off discount attached to it but it is in acceptable condition. Comes down to $127.99. I bought one to see how bad it is.

Only 10 left as of this post.
Nintendo New 3DS XL - Super NES Edition https://www.amazon.c...i_KWZSAbSXCEW73
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#99 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

Oh, Cheapy. You dun fucked up.

#100 Ratmonkey  

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:41 AM

Remember when this used to be a real thread...

1413006617521.jpg

#101 danishmaggot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5393 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

danishmaggot

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

Remember when this used to be a real thread...

1413006617521.jpg

Some years ago this thread was amazing. Got so much cheap stuff

banner53.gif

#102 Sandrock7383   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Sandrock7383

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:29 PM

man this used to be my favorite thread by a huge margin.  sad to see it's died.  =(

#103 Jurai  

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

Dealseeker got banned or whatever and he was carrying the thread for awhile, I just follow him on Twitter now. Got saints row 3 for sixty cents

#104 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2061 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

Amazon Warehouse Deals is having a 20% off deal for select items. Good luck finding items that qualify though.

#105 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:30 PM

Dealseeker got banned or whatever and he was carrying the thread for awhile, I just follow him on Twitter now. Got saints row 3 for sixty cents

thanks for this, ill look him up on twitter

#106 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   465 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:50 PM

What's his Twitter name?

#107 E_MacLeod   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

E_MacLeod

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:08 PM

Hadn't heard of the warehouse before. I'll have to keep an eye on it!

#108 Jurai  

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:10 PM

What's his Twitter name?

Dealseeker2u I believe

#109 Jurai  

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

Hadn't heard of the warehouse before. I'll have to keep an eye on it!

You can get some pretty good deals on Warehouse, a lot of stuff ends up there that is just a dinger that somebody decided to return to Amazon, just be aware of the stated quality when you purchase, I haven't been burned so far, Used - Like New is generally still sealed

#110 jeffcrazy   oh well whatever nevermind CAGiversary!   1405 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

jeffcrazy

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

it's not just video games that on AWD that are slowly fading away... over the last few years I've found some unfuckingbelievable deals on stupid toys n stuff, and now that category feels like i'm looking at a flipper at a flea market's junk... all eBay prices for jacked up AWD packaging, no thanks!!!

#111 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9188 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:58 PM

Stolen. I had a 2400 piece LEGO set that was missing about 2000 pieces. I was at least the third owner of the set. I wrote a note and duck taped it to the box saying it was unsellable. Amazon listed it 2-3 more times.

''Thank God one day Trump is going to die. That is guaranteed. That is awesome." - Donald Glover

#112 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   465 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:06 PM

Dealseeker2u I believe

Looks like it. Thanks!

#113 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1666 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:18 PM

Stolen. I had a 2400 piece LEGO set that was missing about 2000 pieces. I was at least the third owner of the set. I wrote a note and duck taped it to the box saying it was unsellable. Amazon listed it 2-3 more times.

Sad, very sad. I have since seen other high end board games on AWD with similar descriptions and avoided them like the plague. Potential savings arent enough to warrant the frustration.

#114 Ratmonkey  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:46 PM

I don't know if anyone has posted yet but awd is giving 20% off on certain items. Before you ask, I don't know if there is a way to search which items.

I bought this weather station
https://www.amazon.c...aw/d/B071VKV4HJ
for my dad. Like new came out about 24.50

#115 SeanAmI   No you cannot CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

I didn't realize they did this, and actually ended up buying the same stolen item again because they relisted it. Got it, sent it back, was then sent back to me again. They don't check anything.

#116 rdigit   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   516 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

I didn't realize they did this, and actually ended up buying the same stolen item again because they relisted it. Got it, sent it back, was then sent back to me again. They don't check anything.

It has a barcode on it, so they just scanned it back in. Feels like your order doesn't matter until you complain.

#117 Jurai  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

I probably wouldn't buy board games second hand, that just sounds like a recipe for missing pieces :\

There's a $60 copy of Destiny 2 CE on warehouse, it's Used - Acceptable though, good chance that someone already redeemed the codes for the expansions, I guess if you really wanna take the gamble you could try though

https://www.amazon.c...8&condition=all

#118 DemonGamer24   Sniper, no sniping! CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

DemonGamer24

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

I work for Amazon (for one more week) and quality control on EVERYTHING is fucking terrible. They don't really care much about the quality of your work. They do a little bit, but quantity and being quick is 95% of the importance. No one does their job correctly (as in quality) and they don't get held accountable. If I get something to package that's damaged, I can either take extra time to mark that item as damaged, or I can just put it in the box and ship it like that to keep my rate up. I get negatively affected if I take the time to do something right (slower rate). If the customer complains about getting a damaged or poorly packed item, nothing happens to us.

I guess on the bright side, when I've had problems, their usually quick to just give me my money back and let me keep the item. But still, quality control sucks.

#119 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13642 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:24 AM

I work for Amazon (for one more week) and quality control on EVERYTHING is fucking terrible. They don't really care much about the quality of your work. They do a little bit, but quantity and being quick is 95% of the importance. No one does their job correctly (as in quality) and they don't get held accountable. If I get something to package that's damaged, I can either take extra time to mark that item as damaged, or I can just put it in the box and ship it like that to keep my rate up. I get negatively affected if I take the time to do something right (slower rate). If the customer complains about getting a damaged or poorly packed item, nothing happens to us.

I guess on the bright side, when I've had problems, their usually quick to just give me my money back and let me keep the item. But still, quality control sucks.

Hey, I'm returning a New 3DS XL for a full refund, only the box will have Pop Tarts in it, so it'd be great if you could just approve that when you get it.

#120 DemonGamer24   Sniper, no sniping! CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

DemonGamer24

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:27 AM

Hey, I'm returning a New 3DS XL for a full refund, only the box will have Pop Tarts in it, so it'd be great if you could just approve that when you get it.

Just cut the barcode off the 3ds and put it on the box of pop tarts and send that in so you can keep the 3ds box and you're all good.