* * * * * 1 votes

GameStop Offering SAME Cash or Credit Value on Trade-Ins (Offer Expires 4/22)

gamestop ps4 xbox one trade

#31 mexicanfan   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

mexicanfan

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

I don't get all the hate GameStop gets from trolls. They have way better Trade in Values that Best Buy and Amazon and now you get cash straight up with the same value of store credit. What's not to like?

Real Life Example: I got $20 for Forza Horizon 3. If I had sold it on ebay I would have end up with the same amount of money after paying Ebay fees, postage, envelope, etc. And then add time going to the post office, printing the label to ship it, posting the item on ebay, taking a pic of the game. All of this to end up getting around $20 after all the fees... or just go to GameStop get the cash right away.

#32 Jcmwwe  

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Is it ok to trade in a game that is just the disc no case? If so do they take off for it? Thanks.

#33 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

Is it ok to trade in a game that is just the disc no case? If so do they take off for it? Thanks.

Shouldn’t be a factor, though I believe some on here got docked on very rare occasions for no case by the odd, nefarious GS employee.

#34 ultramanJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:29 AM

I like the alternate trade bonus going on right now even better: 30% pro (40% elite) bonus credit on trades toward psn/xbox/apple gift cards.

I wish they included Steam cards. No idea why those are omitted.

#35 vantheman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:33 AM

I wish they included Steam cards. No idea why those are omitted.

It is probably because the specific wording in the promotion is implying you would use the gift cards towards Fortnite currency.

#36 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

It is probably because the specific wording in the promotion is implying you would use the gift cards towards Fortnite currency.

Correct, that bonus is for specific Fortnite cards, I went in asking the same thing and it won't work on your typical Xbox/PSN currency cards.  The Fortnite packs have a specific SKU.  

#37 veritas3445  

veritas3445

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:02 PM

So I just learned a $200 lesson. I bought a used PS4 slim 500gb from offer up with a broken disc drive and won't allow me to update or I'd just do digital.

Will GameStop take it as a defective and does anyone know what the fee might be?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

#38 Ballz2daWalls  

Ballz2daWalls

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

So I just learned a $200 lesson. I bought a used PS4 slim 500gb from offer up with a broken disc drive and won't allow me to update or I'd just do digital.
Will GameStop take it as a defective and does anyone know what the fee might be?
Thanks in advance.

I feel your pain! I had the same experience a few months ago(granted I didn’t pay $200) your best bet is to trade in as defect but might only get $75-$90 for it. Or you can sell off the controller and hang on to it in hopes of a future update fixing the disk drive issue

#39 Unsocial Worker   Banned Banned   102 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Unsocial Worker

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

They do not have to be Xbox currency cards specific to fortnite, but do make sure you get a currency card and not Xbox live extension cards. Went through all this yesterday at gs, and the Xbox currency cards gave the boost and had nothing to do with fortnite.

#40 dav2sil  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:47 PM

Thanks in advance.

Last time I traded in a ps4 that was defective I was hit with a $50 refurb fee. It may have changed.

#41 veritas3445  

veritas3445

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:50 PM

I feel your pain! I had the same experience a few months ago(granted I didn’t pay $200) your best bet is to trade in as defect but might only get $75-$90 for it. Or you can sell off the controller and hang on to it in hopes of a future update fixing the disk drive issue

Yeah I'm hopeful that I get at least $100. I see that it currently trades in at $175. I guess I'll buy a new one. Sucks but I'll never buy off OfferUp again.

#42 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6168 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:32 PM

They do not have to be Xbox currency cards specific to fortnight...the Xbox currency cards gave the boost and had nothing to do with fortnite.

Seconded. I did a $50 PSN physical card. Gave the bonus automatically. The Fortnite part of the promo isn't even mentioned in either of the print/PDF ad pages that the bonus is featured on. The only time I saw it mentioned was looking in my offers on the app. You'd think they would at least show a logo or image of Fortnite if that's what the promo was all about.

#43 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

Hey old thread but I’m sure not where else to ask; where did the old GameStop thread go?

Too much g-fuel, it got destroyed. Make a new one if you want

#44 willworkforbits   Mark CAG in Training   28 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

willworkforbits

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

Why they decided to nuke a whole thread over that is ridiculous.  Just delete posts and move on.  That thread was extensive and that didn't need to happen.  

#45 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2463 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

Funny how Blackbeard is still getting threads closed and causing chaos and he isn't even a member anymore.

#46 Ratmonkey  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:08 PM

Funny how Blackbeard is still getting threads closed and causing chaos and he isn't even a member anymore.

1h4yja.jpg

#47 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3461 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

it is kinda funny, was wondering where the thread went.

#48 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

G fuel bought it

#49 Omni99  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:53 PM

Yeah, we need a gamestop thread. Nuking it from orbit was the wrong thing to do.

#50 genesis49  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:30 PM

Just left gamestop and clearance shirts are half off

#51 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2738 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:31 PM

What's gFuel?

#52 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:36 PM

Mods should know that chaos will overwhelm the site without a dedicated Gamestop thread to troll in! RIP

#53 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2463 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

Should we just make a new thread or would that just get nuked too?

#54 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   670 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:48 PM

I don’t think a new thread would get nuked as long as people are smart about it and don’t troll.

#55 ritchardf  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:17 AM

I don’t think a new thread would get nuked as long as people are smart about it and don’t troll.

no trolls in a gamestop thread? sounds...gutted

#56 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3095 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:42 AM

Were people in Twitter trolling or did people really get their accounts deleted?

#57 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:58 AM

Looks like several accounts banned / deleted :(

#58 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   670 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:02 AM

I believe ~20 accounts, including Ubiquetous 😕

#59 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:09 AM

You're : You are
Your : Possesive, like "your post is ridiculous"

Gamestop is optional, you don't even need to walk in there doors if you don't want. Gamestop saves you time listing on ebay or craigslist, effort driving to a meetup or post office, money on gas and packing materials... You walk in, they offer money, period.

Blind Gamestop hate is stupid, I profit most the time I deal with them... I bought an iPhone last year offer Craigslist for $150 and walked in a Gamestop minutes later to get $230 credit. You're doing something wrong.

Thanks for stopping in a Gamestop thread to bash Gamestop - Great use of your time, A+.

Just because someone says Gamestop is shadier or seedier than something else, doesn't mean they won't go there.

#60 Omni99  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

I believe ~20 accounts, including Ubiquetous

Not trying to stir up trouble...and I'll ask here to avoid issues with the new Gamestop thread (which is used by many people and needs to be there)...but why did the mass banning happen? How did someone like Ubiquetous get banned?

Please tell me that people were not banned simply for saying the words G-fuel. Please tell me that there was more to it than that. There were some good contributors in there.