- - - - -

HD Link (HDMI) for OG Xbox is up at Amazon

#121 Jurai  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:35 AM

I'm really curious to see what's up with this, because the PS1 is incapable of outputting standard Component video. It can do SCART (this was super common to see in Europe), and RGB, but it isn't set up to do Component. Using an official component cable will give you a rolling screen.

They're using an in-line converter board, it's not just piping the analog signal to the hdmi pins

#122 Jurai  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:53 AM

You never sent it back? I thought you had already returned it because of the interference.

Still have it, was hoping to get adequate footage to help pound but never did, then started looking at the inline box and couldn't really determine where the interference might have been coming in from, reports from people sound like it's really down to the system itself and that the cable might be amplifying the problemso it's more obvious, but who knows. I'll be curious to see if the Hyperkin cable exhibits the same issue

#123 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6824 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

Still have it, was hoping to get adequate footage to help pound but never did, then started looking at the inline box and couldn't really determine where the interference might have been coming in from, reports from people sound like it's really down to the system itself and that the cable might be amplifying the problemso it's more obvious, but who knows. I'll be curious to see if the Hyperkin cable exhibits the same issue

I kept the Dreamcast cable even though it didn't work on one of my systems. I figured it didn't matter which Dreamcast I used to play my games since the issue with that one not powering up the HDMI was a system-specific problem. But my advice to anyone who buys the Dreamcast Pound cable is that they need to test it on their system(s) as soon they receive it to make sure that it works. Otherwise, you might be stuck with it if it's past the period that Amazon allows returns.

#124 Jurai  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

I kept the Dreamcast cable even though it didn't work on one of my systems. I figured it didn't matter which Dreamcast I used to play my games since the issue with that one not powering up the HDMI was a system-specific problem. But my advice to anyone who buys the Dreamcast Pound cable is that they need to test it on their system(s) as soon they receive it to make sure that it works. Otherwise, you might be stuck with it if it's past the period that Amazon allows returns.

Yeah I think it's a 30 day window, pound was very open in my discussion with them that if you aren't happy be sure to return it in the window