- - - - -

PSA: Amazon No-Rush Rewards no longer apply to video game purchases

#31 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7117 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:33 AM

These Amazon clowns are really reaching for the bottom of the barrel and then some. I was never a big user of this option, as normally when I need stuff its a "rush", due to last minute situations. So while I may have wanted to opt for the digital credit, I just rarely got the chance. I planned to try and do better this year, to take advantage of this feature, but now I guess not.

This was a solid trade off for not using 2 day shipping, so it was a win/win. We got a credit for digital items across digital, and Amazon saved funds on fast shipping. Now I guess anytime I need something, I'll just get it sent 2 day, and let it be a win for me and a loss for them. 

#32 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7117 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:43 AM

This is a bummer. One thing I have noticed over the last month, everything has been beyond 2 day shipping.

Yeah, I've notice this as well, and anytime an item ships and doesn't arrive within 2 days, I'm on with chat. I just got my No No Kuni 2 guides recently, and after they shipped, they came in 4 days. So I got an extra month of prime, and then they wanted me to refuse the order, and do another one with next day shipping(which they would pay for the shipping), which I told them was to much work. As it was, the next day option would have arrived when the original order would have, so I asked what was the point? So I got 30% off the order as well.

I also notice a few months back, amazon no longer has "e-mail" as an option to contact CS, what's up with that? I always used this method, as getting an non English speaker on the phone is a fate worse than death, and the chat option while not terrible, is far from great and takes time I often don't have. Email was my go to option, as they always replied quick, and I could go back and forth in between my days schedule when I had free time.

It seems they took away the email option so that maybe less people would contact them with issues, as the two options left takes way more time than the email option did, but who knows?

#33 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:54 AM

They must have surely overpaid the Lord of the Rings series so they had to bump Prime's prices up and took away rewards.

Well my Best Buy GCU expires in Feb 2019 so at least i can survive through this holiday...and after that the only best thing available is the 5% Target discount.  

Dire times indeed.

#34 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14305 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

another reason why I feel great about allowing my prime to expire months ago

feels glorious

It's truly liberating haha. I've found that when I can only get something off Amazon, the free shipping method comes almost as fast as Prime anyway.

• kburns10 likes this

#35 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12456 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

They must have surely overpaid the Lord of the Rings series so they had to bump Prime's prices up and took away rewards.

Well my Best Buy GCU expires in Feb 2019 so at least i can survive through this holiday...and after that the only best thing available is the 5% Target discount.  

Dire times indeed.

Yeah I'm done with Prime after this winter.

Hope Prime Day this July makes up for all these negative changes to the service.  Though not expecting much.  They really can't beat all the glitched game prices last year.

#36 vherub   x CAGiversary!   3437 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

Is one of the no-rush options still $5 off a toy/videogame. I've gotten that once, as well as a $5 off cd/vinyl no rush opton.

They don't stack, but good for cheaper stuff.

#37 JasonTerminator   Not a psychopath! CAGiversary!   2588 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

JasonTerminator

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:21 PM

Can still use it on Amazon Appstore purchases, which means Hearthstone packs for me lol.

#38 tonyvx  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:56 AM

Is one of the no-rush options still $5 off a toy/videogame. I've gotten that once, as well as a $5 off cd/vinyl no rush opton.

They don't stack, but good for cheaper stuff.

Huh, never seen this. I'd be all over the $5 off vinyl.

#39 Judge Magister   Riddle Me This CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Judge Magister

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:11 AM

This is a bummer. One thing I have noticed over the last month, everything has been beyond 2 day shipping.

I've noticed that various items would sometimes be labeled with "exclusively for prime members" which is probably their way of forcing people to get prime.

#40 Vulsker  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, I've notice this as well, and anytime an item ships and doesn't arrive within 2 days, I'm on with chat. I just got my No No Kuni 2 guides recently, and after they shipped, they came in 4 days. So I got an extra month of prime, and then they wanted me to refuse the order, and do another one with next day shipping(which they would pay for the shipping), which I told them was to much work. As it was, the next day option would have arrived when the original order would have, so I asked what was the point? So I got 30% off the order as well.

I also notice a few months back, amazon no longer has "e-mail" as an option to contact CS, what's up with that? I always used this method, as getting an non English speaker on the phone is a fate worse than death, and the chat option while not terrible, is far from great and takes time I often don't have. Email was my go to option, as they always replied quick, and I could go back and forth in between my days schedule when I had free time.

It seems they took away the email option so that maybe less people would contact them with issues, as the two options left takes way more time than the email option did, but who knows?

That is funny because I contacted them yesterday. They are now telling me that it doesn't mater how long it takes to ship, the 2 days doesn't begin until it is physically shipped. So if it takes 4 days to ship out, you technically have to wait up until the 6th day before it breaks their policy.

#41 pcebdan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

I've noticed this too and I think it is Amazon just trying to deal with less complaints. Last time I chatted with someone and they aren't as nice or accommodating anymore. My item was taking 4 to 5 days to ship and I needed it as a gift and she told me she would just send it again with one day shipping. Pretty disappointing as the birthday of the person had already passed. I'm done with Amazon. This has happened more times than I can count.

By the way, I found a trick to bypass having to chat with someone. If you're using wifi: the moment it starts loading to find a rep to chat with, swipe up on your phone and turn off wifi. If you do it correctly, it'll give you the option to email instead.

#42 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7117 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

That is funny because I contacted them yesterday. They are now telling me that it doesn't mater how long it takes to ship, the 2 days doesn't begin until it is physically shipped. So if it takes 4 days to ship out, you technically have to wait up until the 6th day before it breaks their policy.

Yeah, I'm new to Prime(last 1-2 years), but since I've had it, the 2 days has always been once an item has shipped. I guess at some point, 2 days was included as a part of the shipping process as well. I've always had items take 1-3 days to ship under prime, so when those orders come after the 2 days on the actual travel time, I always make it a point to contact them about it. 

They do give shipping estimates at the time of purchase, so some items do in fact mean "2 days" across the board. Those are also situations I will contact them over, but I haven't had an issue there. I just ordered an item this past Friday, and it said if I ordered by a certain time that day, it would arrive by Sunday(which it did), but not all items have that guarantee. And those are the ones that can ship when they feel like it, but should arrive within 2 days one shipped.

#43 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1458 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

has anyone contacted customer service about this move by Amazon? I am about to see if they let me redeem my digital credit one last time since I was not aware of this policy change and I have been saving my credit for a few months now. 

#44 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

I feel like I used the no-rush shipping a decent amount, but I don't know if I ever remembered to use my credit. Didn't realize I could use it for game credit. It does seem like I almost never get the digital credit option anymore anyway though. 

#45 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20931 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

OMG!  Thank god I stocked up on No-Rush Credits from Best Buy with my 20% off GCU!  I should have enough no rush shipping credits to last me through 2020 unless Amazon decides to revoke my No-Rush credits for abuse.  Sometimes, I use No-Rush shipping and they still rush it!  I know that's against the rules, but they really should have a system in place to stop me from abusing their system.  Because with no system in place, I will just keep abusing it.  But if they revoke my credits I will never shop at Amazon again!  I have spent $1000000000 at Amazon this past year alone (I bought my house and my Tesla from them)!  I will take my business to Sears!   

Did I miss anything?  

#46 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2098 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

Did I miss anything?

You forgot to mention that this means they'll be shut down within a year for sure.
  • BossKey_Fox likes this

#47 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12456 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

has anyone contacted customer service about this move by Amazon? I am about to see if they let me redeem my digital credit one last time since I was not aware of this policy change and I have been saving my credit for a few months now. 

If you have saved your credits for a few months now than those older credits can sill be used to buy digital currency gift cards (eshop, PSN, etc).  Its only credits earned within the last week or two (don't know the exact date) that can't be used.  For example, I currently have $13 in digital no rush credits.  $10 of those are older and can be used for eshop or PSN credit.  $3 of those cannot.

• lastemp3ror , tonyvx and turkturk like this

#48 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1959 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

Did I miss anything?  

You forgot to add a line about how the people complaining about you abusing the system are just jealous that their shipping takes 3 days instead of 2.

• BossKey_Fox and JPKaizer like this

#49 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4667 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:49 PM

Wrong thread ssorry