* * * * * 2 votes

(B&M Only) 3 for $15 all pre-owned games $9.99 & under @ Gamestop

#91 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:09 PM

PUZZLE & Dragons & Mario for 3DS an underrated pick for this deal.

#92 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:02 AM

picked up

the order 1886

redout

rogue stormers 

Infinite Air with Mark McMorris

knack

tempest 4000

#93 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:58 PM

Song of the Deep Untitled-2.gif

Mad Max Untitled-2.gif

Earth's Dawn Untitled-2.gif

Star Wars Battlefront Untitled-2.gif

Fallout 4: GOTY Untitled-2.gif

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Untitled-2.gif

Guest_superleaf444_*

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:03 PM

Thx OP!

Got Fallout, Batman and Infamous as a gift!

#95 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3652 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:54 AM

It's the rare deal that will get me to go into a Gamestop. I check out the store stock online beforehand. Found six games I want. It is decided, I shall brave going into Gamestop,

I go to the very busy store, and pick out six games I want. For $30! Wow, this is gonna be great. Then came the actual purchasing part of the deal.

1. Waiting approx. 10 minutes for the Herculean task of locating 6 discs in drawers, I was told that "Noboonga" (aka Nobunaga's ambition) couldn't be found. OK, that is inconvenient, but I'd spotted another game I wouldn't mind getting, so I went to grab the case for that.

2. One of the other games I'd picked out was Gears of war ultimate/Rare replay. I was given a disc of Gears of war ultimate. I pointed out that it should be two discs. This apparently left the clerk in a state of mental paralysis, so a senior(?) employee stepped in to solve this highly complex problem and found the other disc.

3. Inspecting the games to make sure all the other discs were correct, I found a mysterious sticky substance coating the case of one of my Xbox One games. I asked for a replacement case. I was presented with a black case. I said I would like an actual Xbox One green case. Apparently they "didn't have any", despite there clearly being hundreds of Xbox One green cases visible in the drawers. But now 20 minutes into this transaction, with my rage tipping into uncontrollable territory, I said I would just take the green case, and I will attempt to fumigate it later.

Funnily enough, I was not asked to take the survey on the receipt :)

#96 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5842 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:03 AM

Do you think they just keep spare cases around? That would be a lot of wasted real estate. They only have what's traded in and the generic black cases they offered you. The cases you saw in the drawer have games in them. If retail workers had a chance to do customer review surveys, you wouldn't get a flattering score either.

#97 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3652 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:06 AM

But I have the choice to take my business elsewhere :) It's just typical Gamestop and a reminder of why I and many others don't go there anymore. There's no way this issue wasn't noticed when the game was traded in, price labelled, and put on the shelf. But it isn't a pre-order, a Fortnite plush, or a Pro membership, so they don't care.

It just boils down to expecting a bare minimum of hygiene when I buy a product, i.e. not having to wonder if I've just bought something covered in ejaculate.

#98 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:20 AM

I've enjoyed this deal quite a bit... Buying up a bunch of older PS3 and xbox360 titles I didn't have.

Today was quite interesting...

Went to a GameStop in a local mall. Yes, crazy of me. I checked a bunch of games online, verifying that this GameStop had them, then went in to buy...
First, one of the three PS3 games I wanted to buy were on the shelf. Waited 5 minutes in line to ask the clerk about the other 2 - she stated she had both in the drawer. When she rings them up, the one comes up at $12.99. I show her the online price of $9.99. She states that was only online. I knew this might happen, had another game in mind, and just asked for that one. She proceeds to finish the order and I think all is well. I get in the car and check the games - find that one of the games given to me was wrong(Wrong disc). Went back in and questioned it... Lady told me she didn't know anything about games and she gave me what I asked. Ended up at another GameStop to switch the wrong game for another title. Fun times. Hope others have had fun with the sale.

#99 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13432 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:28 AM

I've enjoyed this deal quite a bit... Buying up a bunch of older PS3 and xbox360 titles I didn't have.

Today was quite interesting...

Went to a GameStop in a local mall. Yes, crazy of me. I checked a bunch of games online, verifying that this GameStop had them, then went in to buy...
First, one of the three PS3 games I wanted to buy were on the shelf. Waited 5 minutes in line to ask the clerk about the other 2 - she stated she had both in the drawer. When she rings them up, the one comes up at $12.99. I show her the online price of $9.99. She states that was only online. I knew this might happen, had another game in mind, and just asked for that one. She proceeds to finish the order and I think all is well. I get in the car and check the games - find that one of the games given to me was wrong(Wrong disc). Went back in and questioned it... Lady told me she didn't know anything about games and she gave me what I asked. Ended up at another GameStop to switch the wrong game for another title. Fun times. Hope others have had fun with the sale.

Sounds like she deserves a bad review on her survey.

#100 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:36 AM

The second GameStop recommended doing the survey. I understand things can be overwhelming this time of year... But to simply say you know nothing about games makes me wonder how you got a job at a game store. Does not seem to be a good excuse.

#101 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15257 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:14 AM

But I have the choice to take my business elsewhere :) It's just typical Gamestop and a reminder of why I and many others don't go there anymore. There's no way this issue wasn't noticed when the game was traded in, price labelled, and put on the shelf. But it isn't a pre-order, a Fortnite plush, or a Pro membership, so they don't care.

It just boils down to expecting a bare minimum of hygiene when I buy a product, i.e. not having to wonder if I've just bought something covered in ejaculate.

I went into Gamestop to get some Smash amiibos that were sold out online and couldn't believe how shitty the place looked. Hadn't been in there since 2015 and was amazed by all of the cheap plastic toys and walls of Pop Funko. Guess their solution to digital game competition was to cram every store with junk swag that most non-gamers would laugh at if they saw in a grown man's house.

#102 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:37 AM

Do you think they just keep spare cases around? That would be a lot of wasted real estate. They only have what's traded in and the generic black cases they offered you. The cases you saw in the drawer have games in them. If retail workers had a chance to do customer review surveys, you wouldn't get a flattering score either.

Sorry, have to take Dino’s side on this one. While you may be right in pointing out those other cases have games in them, this was a customer service fail in every other way.

#103 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3652 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:50 PM

I went into Gamestop to get some Smash amiibos that were sold out online and couldn't believe how shitty the place looked. Hadn't been in there since 2015 and was amazed by all of the cheap plastic toys and walls of Pop Funko. Guess their solution to digital game competition was to cram every store with junk swag that most non-gamers would laugh at if they saw in a grown man's house.

Yeah I guess it's something that happened slowly, but since I don't go in there that often its just looks like its transformed into a completely different store. Videogame action figures is one thing, but some of the stuff they were selling - Deadpool t-shirts, Rick and Morty plushes, Pusheen...what does any of this have to do with gaming? Still, I'm sure the Gamestop geniuses who lost almost half a billion this year know what they're doing.

#104 HotJuicyBurgers   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

HotJuicyBurgers

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:38 PM

Sorry, have to take Dino’s side on this one. While you may be right in pointing out those other cases have games in them, this was a customer service fail in every other way.

Yah, I went in today to snag some games and had them switch game cases from elsewhere so I at least had the right color cases. 

I went to two separate Gamestops today and picked up the following older games for the backlog... 

Tales of Vesperia
Condemned
Lost Odyssey
Ratchet & Clank Future: A crack in time
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Star Ocean: The Last hope international

Not a terrible haul for 30 bucks honestly. Condemned and Lost odyssey and both backwards compatible if anyone is interested in them.

#105 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:13 AM

Looks like the Evil Within is $9.99 along with Black Ops 3 right now for PS4. I called local store but the price in store for black ops 3 used is $14.99 unfortunately.

I've never done the store pick up option for online purchases. Would be sweet if that would work if do store pickup to qualify for the 3 for $15.

#106 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:24 AM

Looks like the Evil Within is $9.99 along with Black Ops 3 right now for PS4. I called local store but the price in store for black ops 3 used is $14.99 unfortunately.

I've never done the store pick up option for online purchases. Would be sweet if that would work if do store pickup to qualify for the 3 for $15.

It won’t work unfortunately since store pickup is technically an online purchase.

#107 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:00 PM

Did this deal end already?

#108 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:04 PM

I think someone said it goes til 12/24.

#109 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

I picked up a couple older Soedesco titles...Wuppo and World to the West. For my third game I grabbed a Wii rail/gallery shooter, I still like to play these, especially with my kids. 

#110 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4485 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:06 PM

So what’s a great list of 3 quality Xbox One games that have never been GwG, aren’t on EA Access or currently on Game Pass that work with the sale?Would love to take advantage of the sale but having trouble putting together a good list.

#111 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

So what’s a great list of 3 quality Xbox One games that have never been GwG, aren’t on EA Access or currently on Game Pass that work with the sale?Would love to take advantage of the sale but having trouble putting together a good list.

Good luck!

Guest_ElvisTheGreat_*

Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:42 PM

Grabbed MGSV GZ, Order 1886, and Tekken Tag 2 for Wii I (also grabbed Phantom Pain separetly for $5). Had all these previously but sold them. For $20 I'll gladly add them back to my collection.

#113 BingoBrown   Master Assassin CAGiversary!   2050 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

BingoBrown

Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:53 PM

Mad Max, Battlechasers Night War, & Call of Duty Infinte Warfare.