* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2019

#5521 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

Hmm. Speaking of other consoles, I’m thinking of getting a PS4 (only have a oneX). My silly dilemma is if I should get a pro or slim. Hard to justify a pro for only exclusives. Especially when I can wait a year to likely get a PS5. I don’t think I would buy games for both systems

#5522 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13612 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

Underrated game of the sale: Murdered Soul Suspect

Well worth a pickup and play through for cheap

#5523 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11237 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:53 PM

Hmm. Speaking of other consoles, I’m thinking of getting a PS4 (only have a oneX). My silly dilemma is if I should get a pro or slim. Hard to justify a pro for only exclusives. Especially when I can wait a year to likely get a PS5. I don’t think I would buy games for both systems

Like the Xbox One X, the PS4 Pro offers performance enhancements for games beyond the graphical improvements.  If you can score one cheap enough, go for it.

#5524 lochdoun   Coast to Coast CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:54 PM

Is the rumored GDC sale going up tonight or tomorrow? The games were counting down 1 day left as of yesterday...

#5525 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:57 PM

POPULAR

Hey I didn't get a chance to pick anyone last week, I was laid up!

I'll pick 2 winners this week

so like this post for a chance to win either :

Fear Effect

Thief

or soul suspect

#5526 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8762 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:04 PM

Only?

The site lets you have 5 accounts per household. If it was something they didnt want people to do they shouldnt of allowed the option to share points in the first place

#5527 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8762 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:07 PM

Was it your main account or throwaway? How many times did you send your main the 5k limit/month?

my main rewards account.

I would send my msin account probably 2000 points from each of the 3 accvounts a month doing bing and such. Not like I was really abusing it just to get $5-$10 a month.

But lesson learned.

#5528 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8762 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

Only?

Apparantly 4 xbox accounts is overkill? Im sure there are many households with 4 xbox accounts.

#5529 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4388 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:11 PM

Underrated game of the sale: Murdered Soul Suspect

Well worth a pickup and play through for cheap

Yeah, it was a fun game. It was GwG in Nov 2016 too.

#5530 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11237 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:12 PM

The site lets you have 5 accounts per household. If it was something they didnt want people to do they shouldnt have allowed the option to share points in the first place

Apparantly 4 xbox accounts is overkill? Im sure there are many households with 4 xbox accounts.

While you were operating within the letter of the law, something makes me (and apparently Microsoft) think you weren't operating within the spirit of the law.  No judgement, but I just don't think it's a mystery as to why it happened.

#5531 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   966 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:25 PM

is Ash Vs Evil Dead any good?

Yes, it’s fantastic, assuming you are a fan of the Evil Dead movies.

#5532 lochdoun   Coast to Coast CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:43 PM

While you were operating within the letter of the law, something makes me (and apparently Microsoft) think you weren't operating within the spirit of the law. No judgement, but I just don't think it's a mystery as to why it happened.

I agree, there must be something missing from his story. You are absolutely allowed to transfer 5000 points a month, in fact Microsoft even encourages it. That in and of itself is not a violation of TOS.

Are you using a VPN? Using a bot? Redeeming Xbox Live Gold codes on your alt accounts and applying them to your main?

#5533 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6781 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:05 PM

I've got three accounts, but they're also all real accounts. Me, wife, and dad. Also don't transfer points, though. Never had issues.

#5534 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8762 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:06 PM

I agree, there must be something missing from his story. You are absolutely allowed to transfer 5000 points a month, in fact Microsoft even encourages it. That in and of itself is not a violation of TOS.
Are you using a VPN? Using a bot? Redeeming Xbox Live Gold codes on your alt accounts and applying them to your main?

Is it 5000 you can transfer from one account to another or 5000 total you can have transfered? Because if its total than that may be it. I know ive gone over 5000 points if I combine the accounts.

And I dont use a vpn or bot.

#5535 Doctor Zod   Phantom Zone permanent resident CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Doctor Zod

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:14 PM

Had no idea Phil Harrison was still around. From Sony to Microsoft and now Google.

#5536 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:31 PM

is Ash Vs Evil Dead any good?

My wife likes it but I didn't get into it.  Figured for a few bucks I would grab it but it she has to watch them on my XBox One X it isn't worth it.  Too complex and I rather her not watch 45 hours (or whatever it is) of streaming video on my Xbox.  

I personally can't be bother with this shit with all the crazy restrictions and siloed shit

#5537 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

I made a Div2 clan so anyone on that wants in search for it under CheapAGamer. Wouldn't let me use ass, sadface. The tag is [CAG]. I'm logging off for the night and won't be back to check for requests until mid dayish PST tomorrow. Shoot me a PM here if for some reason I haven't added any requests by evening PT tomorrow. There is an achievement for joining a clan and I think there are some XP benefits as well as the group completes things as well.   

I may or may not have had the wrong setting on the clan but it should be fixed now. if it still isn't searchable/able to request an invite, I'll fix when I get back in a few hours. 

#5538 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3172 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:50 PM

Google officially trying to get into the gaming industry with a streaming box. If anyone could make that work, it'd be the owners of Youtube / experts in streaming media with endless cash to burn. Interesting timing with MS saying they want XBL to be multi-platform and for Game Pass to work on Android, a Google product. That could be a pretty significant team-up.

#5539 gogomo  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:57 PM

I may or may not have had the wrong setting on the clan but it should be fixed now. if it still isn't searchable/able to request an invite, I'll fix when I get back in a few hours. 

Can clans be set to Open so anyone can join without an invite?  Kind of like the CAG club in Forza Horizon 4?  Anyone can just join that one without an invite.

#5540 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:01 PM

They can but with the limit at 50, I figured open might not be the best but that is a good point. I'll set it to open when I get back on later this afternoon. 

#5541 WeeeDoo  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:04 PM

The Stadia is how google will continue their total media takeover.

#5542 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3041 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:11 PM

Google officially trying to get into the gaming industry with a streaming box. If anyone could make that work, it'd be the owners of Youtube / experts in streaming media with endless cash to burn. Interesting timing with MS saying they want XBL to be multi-platform and for Game Pass to work on Android, a Google product. That could be a pretty significant team-up.

That's one of the more interesting things, I don't even think there is a box or dongle for play on a tv, sounds like they built the screen casting into the controller. 

#5543 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:15 PM

My wife likes it but I didn't get into it. Figured for a few bucks I would grab it but it she has to watch them on my XBox One X it isn't worth it. Too complex and I rather her not watch 45 hours (or whatever it is) of streaming video on my Xbox.

I personally can't be bother with this shit with all the crazy restrictions and siloed shit

As stated earlier, for $2 you can add all three seasons to Vudu

#5544 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3041 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:23 PM

Another thing to think about though is that MS Azure servers for project X cloud are in competition with Google's cloud services. So have to see how that all shakes out. MS just put a game, or at least is in the process of putting one on Steam so anything can happen. 

#5545 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:29 PM

That's one of the more interesting things, I don't even think there is a box or dongle for play on a tv, sounds like they built the screen casting into the controller.

I was listening while working, but I think they said Chromecast will work as a streaming device.

The Stadia controller connects to WiFi so it connected directly to Google, which should remove the additional latency that'd be created between the controller and the streaming device.

#5546 .Beowulf  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:31 PM

I've got three accounts, but they're also all real accounts. Me, wife, and dad. Also don't transfer points, though. Never had issues.

it wouldnt be too hard to tell actual used accounts and a couple multi accounts purely for benefits

I completely run my nephew's and gift myself points and games without an issue as well as use it to keep his own live subscription going

I even log off and on my bing on my phone for both accounts for those search points

my guess is only the people making it obvious and doing it 4ish+ times are the ones who would have the problems

#5547 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:32 PM

I was listening while working, but I think they said Chromecast will work as a streaming device.

The Stadia controller connects to WiFi so it connected directly to Google, which should remove the additional latency that'd be created between the controller and the streaming device.

Pretty much this, I think they also said the Chromecast Hd was needed for Tv play but then whats the point of having an Android based tv?

Its interesting but how much

#5548 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3172 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:32 PM

Another thing to think about though is that MS Azure servers for project X cloud are in competition with Google's cloud services. So have to see how that all shakes out. MS just put a game, or at least is in the process of putting one on Steam so anything can happen. 

It can't be a coincidence, though, that the controller Google is making will have the exact same button layout as Xbox controllers. Stadia will need content for people to care, and Game Pass sure would be a lot of content ready to go and being maintained by someone else. 

And you're right, there's no console, it's a service you can access through any PC, and use existing controllers with. If you have a Stadia account, you can stream a game directly from the web and use keyboard/mouse or an Xbox One controller, for example. The official controller connects directly over wifi w/ their servers and takes the place of a PC, though, if you want to stream onto a TV.

If they can pull it off, it'll be something. Probably a low risk for them since they already stream 4k content on Youtube and will have minimal cost for distribution/manufacturing.

#5549 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11237 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:37 PM

It can't be a coincidence, though, that the controller Google is making will have the exact same button layout as Xbox controllers. Stadia will need content for people to care, and Game Pass sure would be a lot of content ready to go and being maintained by someone else. 

While the ABXY button layout is the same, the thumb stick layout is the same as the layout found on PS controllers, of which I am not a fan.  Maybe they'll offer other ergonomic configurations.

#5550 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2783 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:40 PM

My wife likes it but I didn't get into it.  Figured for a few bucks I would grab it but it she has to watch them on my XBox One X it isn't worth it.  Too complex and I rather her not watch 45 hours (or whatever it is) of streaming video on my Xbox.  

More like 15 hrs. It's a half hour show times 30 episodes. ;)