* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2019

#10711 shoethiefrexyk9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

shoethiefrexyk9

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:37 PM

I can't wait for void bastards tomorrow reviews seem mostly good from what I've read so far

#10712 praxus07  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:39 PM

If you can, call them and try to cancel it. Seriously. Chargebacks will get your account permanently banned. I know this is what support told yo to do, but they are wrong.

Read this thread:

https://www.reddit.c..._support_tells/

And this:

https://answers.micr...2c-28a254ff7045

Well my bank is closed for the day, but I had support just call me, gave them my support ticket number, and asked about the steps I took and about contacting my bank, they said my account will be ok. All I can do now is wait and see I guess. Maybe since I contacted support first and they have a support number for the case things will be ok. I can't see how following the instructions they give you would result in an account otherwise in good standing getting banned.

#10713 phat_tonyca   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

phat_tonyca

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:41 PM

I can't wait for void bastards tomorrow reviews seem mostly good from what I've read so far

I was just about to write this and it's released on gamepass! Perfect score on true achievements

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#10714 shoethiefrexyk9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

shoethiefrexyk9

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:49 PM

I was just about to write this and it's released on gamepass! Perfect score on true achievements

Great minds! Ugh that true achievements review sounded so good its making the wait even worse

#10715 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:55 PM

I can't see how following the instructions they give you would result in an account otherwise in good standing getting banned.

Unfortunately people that work at support jobs don't always know what they're talking about. If it does go through hopefully you find a supervisor or whatever that is sympathetic to the fact that you were told to deal with it through your bank, but technically it's not incorrect for for them to tell you to deal with the bank if you aren't satisfied. That rep likely doesn't do account banning so maybe they don't even know it's a possibility.

I don't know if it's a one to one policy that chargeback = ban, but it seems like there are enough posts around the internet that show there is a likely correlation.

#10716 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   993 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:10 PM

Full Contra lineup for the Anniversary Collection is up. I'd say higher quality than the Castlevania selection overall.

https://uk.ign.com/a...llection-lineup

• Contra (Arcade)
  • Super Contra (Arcade)
  • Super C (NES)
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars (SNES)
  • Contra: Hard Corps (Sega Genesis)
  • Contra (NES)
  • Contra (Famicom)
  • Operation C (Game Boy)
  • Probotector (Sega Mega Drive)
  • Super Probotector: Alien Rebels (SNES)

There will also be the Japanese variations of these in a post-launch update.
  • Contra (Arcade)
  • Super Contra (Arcade) – known as Super Contra: Alien No Gyakushu in Japan
  • Super C – known as Super Contra in Japan
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars – known as Contra Spirits in Japan
  • Operation C – known as Contra in Japan
  • Contra: Hard Corps – known as Contra: The Hard Corps in Japan

gonna buy this for sure

and its $20

Edited by ilovexboxone, 28 May 2019 - 09:12 PM.

#10717 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   993 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:11 PM

ACG gots his review of the game on youtube...games looks fun kinda has a borderlands look to it

#10718 praxus07  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:12 PM

Unfortunately people that work at support jobs don't always know what they're talking about. If it does go through hopefully you find a supervisor or whatever that is sympathetic to the fact that you were told to deal with it through your bank, but technically it's not incorrect for for them to tell you to deal with the bank if you aren't satisfied. That rep likely doesn't do account banning so maybe they don't even know it's a possibility.

I don't know if it's a one to one policy that chargeback = ban, but it seems like there are enough posts around the internet that show there is a likely correlation.

All I really know is what the actual site that support sent me to says. That says if you don't know who made the purchase...You will need to contact your financial institution for a refund.

I'll have to try calling the bank tomorrow and see if it's possible to cancel the case.

#10719 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:15 PM

I don't think it has been mentioned anywhere, but it looks like Destiny 2 Forsaken and the Annual Pass are on sale for :xb1:

Forsaken --> https://www.microsof...en/bq56jmh9s69f
Annual Pass --> https://www.microsof...ss/c2ckz01457cz
Forsaken + Annual Pass (best deal) --> https://www.microsof...ss/bztn9dblkw5t

Lots of details have just dropped about the next season in the game (Season of Opulence) which kicks off after reset next Tuesday so I'm pretty excited!

#10720 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9983 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

Void Bastards should actually be out at midnight, right?

#10721 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:24 PM

All I really know is what the actual site that support sent me to says. That says if you don't know who made the purchase...You will need to contact your financial institution for a refund.

I think a bank is supposed to deal with this like its fraud and that it's handled in a different way instead of direct charge backs. A person instituting a charge back is you dealing with it, not the bank. It sucks that there is a distinction and that it happens in the first place, but I get why it's like that. If everyone could just charge back "false charges" it's be abused to oblivion. Really, MS should have done an investigation on their end and issued a refund if the purchase was at a weird IP address or something. Telling you to take it up with your bank should be the last step, not the first. 

#10722 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2792 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:24 PM

I have had problems with the 1.4 on the pound cable, but I'd still try it. The picture quality when it works is phenomenal. You'll know right away if it doesn't because you'll experience numerous black screens while playing.

I got my Pound adapter today and immediately had the black screen issue. Plugging a micro usb power cable into the adapter per Pounds suggestion fixed it though.

Made sure to throw in Incredible Hulk to test out 720p. The list of games that supported 1080i is surprisingly small.

#10723 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1944 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:33 PM

I apologise for suggesting it. I have only dealt with charge disputes as clear cut fraud in another instance. MS Support has so many layers that it sucks getting the right info. There needs to be some flow for all support departments.

I do hope you don't get banned and excuse my ignorant suggestion. Good luck

#10724 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:56 PM

There's some weird protest or something going on at Twitch. It seems like they're playing movies mostly under the Artifact page but also Anthem. I watched about a half hour each of Revenge of the Sith and Avengers: Endgame. Most of the streams are just other games but now a few people are playing hentai vids as well, and there are like 20 streams of baby seals. Really edgy chat for the most part too.

I'm not sure if it's against Valve or Twitch. It seems like they can't deal with it since it seems like more and more are popping up.

#10725 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9121 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:18 PM

Microsoft text chat is done via a third party company iirc, so what they say is not gospel. Doubly so if you end up dealing with an "Ambassador" volunteer.

#10726 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:35 PM

https://blog.mixer.c...inal-countdown/

Xbox Mixer plans for E3

June 9th - Mixpot confirmed for Xbox conference - 4 PM EST

June 10th - Sea of Thieves: Mixer Invitational – Battle for LA, from 2 PM EST (Onyx 4-pack Mixpot)

June 10th - Inside Xbox (just gameplay showcasing?) 6PM EST

June 10th - "Mixer will exclusively stream live from Xbox FanFest inside the Mixer Dome", from 10 p.m. – 12 p.m. EST

They also have listings for most of the other major conferences. Devolver Digital's (mostly) joke show is not listed, nor is Nintendo's Direct from the 11th. I may be reading too much into this but I feel like that hard de-confirms Steve, Banjo, or Master Chief in Smash Bros. Even if they premiered at Xbox it would obviously be a cross-promotion thing.

#10727 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   3150 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:37 PM

Full Contra lineup for the Anniversary Collection is up. I'd say higher quality than the Castlevania selection overall.

https://uk.ign.com/a...llection-lineup

• Contra (Arcade)
  • Super Contra (Arcade)
  • Super C (NES)
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars (SNES)
  • Contra: Hard Corps (Sega Genesis)
  • Contra (NES)
  • Contra (Famicom)
  • Operation C (Game Boy)
  • Probotector (Sega Mega Drive)
  • Super Probotector: Alien Rebels (SNES)

There will also be the Japanese variations of these in a post-launch update.
  • Contra (Arcade)
  • Super Contra (Arcade) – known as Super Contra: Alien No Gyakushu in Japan
  • Super C – known as Super Contra in Japan
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars – known as Contra Spirits in Japan
  • Operation C – known as Contra in Japan
  • Contra: Hard Corps – known as Contra: The Hard Corps in Japan

Man my brother and I grew up playing contra. Will definitely be getting this for sure. Thanks for the info, I forgot about this.

#10728 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:43 PM

I put in some serious time with Contra 3.

#10729 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:54 PM

Hopefully they give out another game in the mixpot that takes a year to come out and then launches on gamepass anyway.

#10730 phat_tonyca   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

phat_tonyca

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:57 PM

There's some weird protest or something going on at Twitch. It seems like they're playing movies mostly under the Artifact page but also Anthem. I watched about a half hour each of Revenge of the Sith and Avengers: Endgame. Most of the streams are just other games but now a few people are playing hentai vids as well, and there are like 20 streams of baby seals. Really edgy chat for the most part too.

I'm not sure if it's against Valve or Twitch. It seems like they can't deal with it since it seems like more and more are popping up.

Yeah I was reading about it earlier today. Just sharing the polygon link for anyone that is curious

https://www.polygon....ection-trolling

#10731 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8744 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:08 PM

I bought Call of Cthulhu on sale today, getting really excited to play that tonight. Then thanks to this thread, I discovered Void Bastards which is coming to Game Pass tomorrow.

Yep, won't be playing Call of Cthulhu for some time, lol.

#10732 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2828 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:10 PM

Hopefully they give out another game in the mixpot that takes a year to come out and then launches on gamepass anyway.

Make it Dead Island 2!

#10733 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:29 PM

FYI regarding Telltale Games:

The following have been GwG for the X1 so download them if you haven't yet:

The Walking Dead Season 1

The Walking Dead Season 2

Tales from the Borderlands

The Wolf Among Us

Currently on GamePass

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

The Walking Dead: Michonne

#10734 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:51 PM

Ungrateful for your "free tile" in your ready to install list? Other's didn't get to have that for a year... 

#10735 MattZack   Virtue for the virtuous, signaling for others. CAGiversary!   1324 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:51 AM

At least that Rage Against the Machine song that was done for the soundtrack is still great:

It's also one of the most anti-capitalist songs they ever wrote, directly criticizing the film and entertainment industry and calling the film itself "pure motherfucking filler", I'm still amazed it was approved. RATM was so hot in 1998 they didn't give a shit.

Spoiler

So much irony.  A multimillionaire super capitalist acting like he doesn't like capitalism to get rich off of capitalism - what a load of crap.

#10736 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   993 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:01 AM

Void Bastards is live and ready to download now

#10737 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:05 AM

So much irony.  A multimillionaire super capitalist acting like he doesn't like capitalism to get rich off of capitalism - what a load of crap.

You remind me of the guy in the well from Matt Bors' comics:

https://thenib.com/b...sanders-exposed

https://thenib.com/m...-green-new-deal

Edit: Another one - https://thenib.com/mister-gotcha

#10738 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:48 AM

The Pokemon stuff that just got announced is downright bizarre, if I'm understanding it right they want to sell your sleep data... 

https://kotaku.com/n...nced-1835079940

#10739 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2187 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:58 AM

The Pokemon stuff that just got announced is downright bizarre, if I'm understanding it right they want to sell your sleep data... 

https://kotaku.com/n...nced-1835079940

I mean, with work I don't get much sleep, so if someone wants to buy that useless data the joke's on them!

#10740 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:59 AM

Good luck playing Pokemon Sleep then