* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2019

#19051 Throne of Ooze  

Throne of Ooze

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:12 PM

I completed both games this month and would recommend staying away from them lol. The art style and premise is the most charming aspect. The puzzles are obtuse and pretty tough if you aren't willing to look at guides. They seem to have patched the game a lot since launch. It's still wonky, you'll spend a lot of time scratching your head for what to do next or even just trying to use basic objects.

Any views on Hello Neighbor? I actually played the first game yesterday and was going to buy the sequel at $4.99 from Best Buy  but was completely turned off from what I experienced. Do the games get better at least?

#19052 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:12 PM

Minit is a pretty fun little indie game.  Played a bit of it on PC awhile back.  I think Outer Worlds is going to be the one to drag me away from Borderlands 3.  BL3 is fun but it is flawed in alot of ways.  

#19053 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

And who couldn’t like the description of Afterparty?

“ Go on a hellish bender, uncover the mystery of your damnation, and drink Satan under the table.”

#19054 kcobra22  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:52 PM

And who couldn’t like the description of Afterparty?

“ Go on a hellish bender, uncover the mystery of your damnation, and drink Satan under the table.”

I'm excited for Afterparty. The previews have looked good so far and I enjoyed their last game, Oxenfree.

#19055 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   890 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:26 PM

my xbox had a update today even though i had an update a few weeks back im also not in any insider program...anyone know what the update is about or have todays update? maybe its the new dashboard

looks like ill have to stop the game previews from playing in the store again... Fuck

I saw I had one yesterday as well, and like you I already did one this month and I'm not an Insider. I'm hesitant to update it since when I checked their update page yesterday it didn't show a new dashboard update.

#19056 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:47 PM

I'm excited for Afterparty. The previews have looked good so far and I enjoyed their last game, Oxenfree.

Didn’t even realize that was from the Oxenfree dev. Definitely will check it out. Really love when we get new games on launch from GP!

#19057 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5074 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:47 PM

I get the impression Doom 64 might have been pushed back along with Doom Eternal. Was hoping to pick it up in the next couple months. Maybe not though, Nightdive is doing the ports, and they did the excellent Turok ports so I assume it won't have any of the jank that Doom 1 and 2 had.

Afterparty sounds pretty interesting, though I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have beyond Outer Worlds in the coming weeks since my final semester is starting. My college just switched from normal 15 week semesters to 7 week courses for most classes so it's going to be busy...

#19058 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8597 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:52 PM

Grabbed the Bloody Shooters Bundle (BUTCHER and Lichtspeer) last night and the Digerati Mixer Bundle Vol. 1 (1979 Revolution: Black Friday, Animal Super Squad, and Verlet Swing) this morning.  I'm set on indie games until next Date Night.

#19059 nypickle   Orange and Blue CAGiversary!   1049 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:13 PM

Anyone that got the $25 Dell rewards not able to get an order placed for $25 in Xbox credit? I've tried 3 times now and they've all ended up getting cancelled.

I had a similar issue. Any time I tried a $10 and a $15 Xbox credit, it would get cancelled. I tried (5) $5 ones and it finally worked. Took like 3-4 days though. Hope something works for you.

#19060 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3281 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:33 PM

Taking in all the posts of Outer Worlds after the lift of the media "embargo" a focused Bethesda style Fallout or Elder Scrolls game with hints of the good Mass Effects and Bioshock? And it's supposedly not buggy? That's certainly intriguing and glad they are now under the MS umbrella. Fun time of year.  

#19061 kcobra22  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:02 AM

free vudu movie rental, use code:

FreeFamilyFun

https://www.vudu.com...html?pn=generic

Then click on the green "watch" button on the movie you want to rent, not the normal rental buttons.

#19062 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5074 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:18 AM

Taking in all the posts of Outer Worlds after the lift of the media "embargo" a focused Bethesda style Fallout or Elder Scrolls game with hints of the good Mass Effects and Bioshock? And it's supposedly not buggy? That's certainly intriguing and glad they are now under the MS umbrella. Fun time of year.  

Obsidian has managed to correct their bugginess problem to a huge degree since they started doing their own projects on their own time rather than contract work for big publishers. Both Pillars of Eternity games and Tyranny ended up releasing in decent shape.

I wouldn't say they were entirely without fault in the past as they always seemed to have too many projects happening in close proximity to each other, but their most famously messy games were all rushed out the door. KotOR II basically had to be out 6 months sooner than they expected. Alpha Protocol was apparently delayed for 6 months but Sega was too cheap to pay people to work on bugs during this period, and this was around the same time New Vegas was coming out AND some of the studio was working on (later cancelled) Aliens: Crucible. New Vegas sounds the most complicated, with issue on both their side and the approval process from Bethesda along with a time crunch.

#19063 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3281 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:33 AM

It was more just these type of games are buggy than a shot at Obsidian.

Yeah that sequel for hire biz sounds harrowing. I remember the IGN "Unfiltered" podcast with Feargus Urquhart, probably a couple years ago now, talking about having to slap that KOTOR II together for the late as they could possibly do it holiday release date. It's kind of fun to imagine if they could have released that in this era, not even so much the fact that we have to get this thing out to make a physical product for a store shelf, but the ability to actually fix this thing out of our control. Like I said glad they aren't so much mercenaries anymore and should hopefully have a stable base with MS. 

#19064 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4495 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:36 AM

FreeFamilyFun

Then click on the green "watch" button on the movie you want to rent, not the normal rental buttons.

Automatically gives you the HDX rental. You have 7 days to rent something after you redeem. Wouldn't wait, they sometimes kill codes. Once you rent something you have 30 days to start watching. 

#19065 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:55 AM

Has anyone here ever bought a digital xbox code from G2A?  I used cdkeys with no problems, was wondering about G2A

#19066 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4826 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 02:18 AM

Uh, wow. That sounds like high praise.

Unless they mean Mass Effect Andromeda + Fallout 76

#19067 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:05 AM

Has anyone here ever bought a digital xbox code from G2A? I used cdkeys with no problems, was wondering about G2A

It's a shady site. The Live code I bought was supposedly US, but trying to use it gave me an out of region error. I had to use a VPN for it to work after the seller refused to refund.

#19068 JammerFi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:16 AM

FYI - Lonely Mountains Downhill is now available for download on Game Pass.

#19069 Sielanas  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:51 AM

Has anyone here ever bought a digital xbox code from G2A? I used cdkeys with no problems, was wondering about G2A

G2A is scummy. Stay away.

#19070 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & CAG CAGiversary!   357 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:10 AM

Excited for
-Afterparty
-Lonely Mountains Downhill
-The Outer Worlds

coming to GamePass. Really digging Stellaris as well. GamePass has been fantastic in trying out new titles

#19071 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:00 PM

Agree with others. Stay away from G2A. I had an account I hadn’t used in years suddenly hacked with three charges new earlier this year. Had to fight with PayPal and G2A to get my money on those back.

#19072 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4495 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:46 PM

The Long Dark gets Xbox One X Enhanced, hits 4K resolution. Also, Episode 3: Crossroads Elegy is available to play now.

https://www.windowsc...s-4k-resolution

#19073 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   3165 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 23 October 2019 - 02:15 PM

#19074 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4826 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 02:50 PM

Remember Fallout 76? You can buy a monthly subscription to it now:

1 Month is $12.99, 1 year is $99.99

Private Worlds, Scrapboxes & More Come to Fallout 76 with Fallout 1st

Ever since Fallout 76 launched, we have consistently worked to improve and evolve the experience based on your feedback. That’s why we’re excited to launch Fallout 1st, a premium membership that offers something players have been asking for since before launch: private worlds for you and select friends. In addition to this huge feature, Fallout 1st also includes a host of exclusive items and membership bonuses, all of which you can find detailed below. And the best part? Fallout 1st is available right now.

https://fallout.beth...ut-1st-announce

#19075 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3608 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:11 PM

FreeFamilyFun

Thanks, worked. Now to watch something I want to see but don't care enough to spend actual money on.

The creepy Child's Play remake?

The creepy Annabelle sequel?

The creepy Lion King remake? 

#19076 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3832 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:44 PM

FYI - Lonely Mountains Downhill is now available for download on Game Pass.

I played some last night. It is a beautiful game that can be brutally difficult. I hope I can get better at the game as I had some fun with it. When you have a nice run the game feels really good and relaxing. It was a little frustrating at times at how easily you can just clip something and crash but in other instances I could run into something and not crash. I kind of wish it had a map similar to a racing game so I can at least have a feel of direction sometimes. There are lots of twists and turns and alternate routes but figuring these out without a map can be frustrating. Overall a great addition to Game Pass.

#19077 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3614 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:49 PM

Remember Fallout 76? You can buy a monthly subscription to it now:
1 Month is $12.99, 1 year is $99.99

Private Worlds, Scrapboxes & More Come to Fallout 76 with Fallout 1st
Ever since Fallout 76 launched, we have consistently worked to improve and evolve the experience based on your feedback. That’s why we’re excited to launch Fallout 1st, a premium membership that offers something players have been asking for since before launch: private worlds for you and select friends. In addition to this huge feature, Fallout 1st also includes a host of exclusive items and membership bonuses, all of which you can find detailed below. And the best part? Fallout 1st is available right now.

https://fallout.beth...ut-1st-announce

Da fuq. Let's charge more to play our garbage game. So the single player got delayed because they were spending their resources on this bullshit? Wow

#19078 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4826 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:44 PM

Da fuq. Let's charge more to play our garbage game. So the single player got delayed because they were spending their resources on this bullshit? Wow

I was listening to Giantbomb talking about Outer Worlds, it sounds like your much better off playing that on Gamepass instead of subscribing to Fallout 76 for $99 a year.

#19079 kcobra22  

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:57 PM

Taco Bell update:

Looks like if you order on the app or website, they'll email you 14 days of GamePass Ultimate. When you redeem the code you can agree to turn on recurring billing for a free extra month, for a total of 44 days. Also it says it's limited to 2 per household.

QJqswnnm.jpg

#19080 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3614 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:00 PM

I was listening to Giantbomb talking about Outer Worlds, it sounds like your much better off playing that on Gamepass instead of subscribing to Fallout 76 for $99 a year.

Oh I'm super excited about Outer Worlds. Might even take the day off. Have a lot of vacation banked.