In other interesting news. MS had this kind of offer before in the back end of the 360 days, what's really interesting here is if you go for the Xbox One X option, you get an "option" to upgrade to the Scarlet when it comes out.
Unlike the prior offer this one is below MSRP. Assuming full price on GP Ultimate for 2 years, you would get the X for $384 with no interest over the 24 month payment plan.
Not really an essential deal for most here especially if you've already maxed out your GP Ultimate sub.
But, if you were new to Xbox this would be an ideal way to dive in to GP and the platform. Especially with the 12 month upgrade to Scarlett.
Here are a few statements of note:
- Here’s how it works in four easy steps:
- In order to join the program, simply visit a participating retailer.
- Select the console you would like to purchase with no upfront cost.^
- Qualify with our financing partner (Citizens Bank in the U.S.; Klarna in the U.K.; Telstra in Australia). Once approved, complete your purchase with the retailer.
- Once you’ve signed up and brought your console home, it’s time to power up and game on.
Even though the "^" above doesn't refer to any other section of the page, this is most assuredly opening a line of credit and paying monthly payments.
Players in the U.S. and U.K. who purchase an Xbox One console with Xbox All Access have the option to upgrade to Project Scarlett once it’s available Holiday 2020 and they’ve made 18 payments. Players in Australia can buyout their hardware at any time and upgrade to Project Scarlett once it’s available.
I'm not even sure why they mention "once it’s available Holiday 2020" since the earliest you would be able to qualify for the upgrade is July of 2021 (18 months of payments). I am VERY curious to see what the cost of upgrading to Project Scarlett (by trading in this console) would be though.
EDIT - Interesting. This link suggests you can upgrade in as little as 12 months if you choose the Xbox One X option. All the more reason to choose an Xbox One X for this program. It also lists other interesting footnotes.