* * * - - 22 votes

XBL Deals - Crash Team Racing, MvC:I, Mark of the Ninja, more | Square Enix, DLC, Rockstar | GwG: We Were Here, Hitman S1; Tekken Tag 2

#11821 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4138 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:22 AM

Reminder for those interested in the press conferences tomorrow. These are the important shows for Sunday:

4:00 PM ET - Microsoft 

8:30 PM ET - Bethesda

10:00 PM ET - Devolver Digital 

There is a Mixpot of some sort for watching the Xbox conference live on Mixer. For the lurkers or newer Xbox owners that will see this, these usually give you at least one free game and some various DLCs during E3. In the past it was Rare Replay and The Outer Wilds. This can be claimed through the Xbox App on console, your PC broswer, or on mobile through the Android/Apple App or phone browser if you are stuck at work.

mixer.com/xbox

Devolver also has this suggestion to prepare for their show.

#11822 digital wedgies  

digital wedgies

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:43 AM

I’m in for $10 Kerbal, that’s finally a price that I feel comfortable with.

#11823 PageAndScreen   Assassin's Creed Fantatic CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

PageAndScreen

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:44 AM

Kindly looking for some advice from someone that has played Life Is Strange: Before the Storm. Finally about to finish it up this evening via GamePass. Is it worth paying for the Deluxe Upgrade just to play the bonus episode especially since there are no achievements or anything? Note, I really enjoyed the first Life Is Strange and have mostly enjoyed this one if it makes a difference.

#11824 digital wedgies  

digital wedgies

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:47 AM

Kindly looking for some advice from someone that has played Life Is Strange: Before the Storm. Finally about to finish it up this evening via GamePass. Is it worth paying for the Deluxe Upgrade just to play the bonus episode especially since there are no achievements or anything? Note, I really enjoyed the first Life Is Strange and have mostly enjoyed this one if it makes a difference.

I liked it, it takes place at Chloe’s house I think right before Max moved away so they have one last adventure.

If you like there dynamic and want more back story this is it.

#11825 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:47 AM

Reminder for those interested in the press conferences tomorrow. These are the important shows for Sunday:

4:00 PM ET - Microsoft

8:30 PM ET - Bethesda

10:00 PM ET - Devolver Digital

There is a Mixpot of some sort for watching the Xbox conference live on Mixer. For the lurkers or newer Xbox owners that will see this, these usually give you at least one free game and some various DLCs during E3. In the past it was Rare Replay and The Outer Wilds. This can be claimed through the Xbox App on console, your PC broswer, or on mobile through the Android/Apple App or phone browser if you are stuck at work.
mixer.com/xbox

Devolver also has this suggestion to prepare for their show.
https://twitter.com/...096767966089218

I'm not big on Devolvers show but I did just remember My Friend Pedro comes out this month. Unfortunately only on PC and Switch.

#11826 Dustin Echoes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   314 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Dustin Echoes

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:49 AM

If you are into that world the bonus episode is very much worth it in my opinion. It bridges character events into the first game that is very emotional.

On the subject of the secret RGB code, Scarlett is the development codename for the next Xbox so sounds like we will get some sort of info.

#11827 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 09 June 2019 - 04:25 AM

If you enjoyed the first Life is Strange, the bonus episode is a must play.

#11828 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69133 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 09 June 2019 - 04:27 AM

It's worth it as a nice bow on Chloe and Max's journey and friendship.

#11829 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2475 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:43 AM

It's worth it as a nice bow on Chloe and Max's journey and friendship.

It is amazing how much you actually look like your avatar lol.  Thanks again for everything that you do here.  You're the man.

#11830 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:21 AM

I’m kinda sad I won’t be able to attend the Xbox and Bethesda briefing that I got tickets for and EA Play, and the other stuff they may have in the area. Something came up. But I’m glad I’ll be saving money since it’s like a 2 hour drive one way and since I was going to drive, I have to most likely pay for a couple of parking places which they increase because of E3. Plus the crazier LA traffic due to E3. Too bad the tickets aren’t transferable, I would’ve totally gave them away here.

With money saved, I actually ordered some shoes earlier and will definitely get a few things from this E3 Sale. And if they show a new console that’s coming out when it’s announced or later this year, I’ll probably cancel/return the shoes and put money on that. Lol. Can not wait to see what Xbox will show. My prediction of Sony and Nintendo showing up on stage still remains. We’ll see.

#11831 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4138 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:42 AM

The only console that could have any chance of releasing this year is if Nintendo announces a revision of the Switch. You can't just shadowdrop a totally new console out of the blue, it's suicide as Sega learned with the Saturn. The closest you see now are special editions or variations like the Xbox One SAD.

The only way Nintendo has any presence at the Xbox show is if we're getting a rep in Smash that would still make more sense the other way around other than the spectacle of having someone like Sakurai on stage, since it would be for a Switch exclusive game. Maybe the person that's in charge of "Nindies" if Ori on Switch is happening.

I don't see Sony having any presence on a Microsoft stage for a long time, if ever. The PlayStation team was not aware of the possible streaming game partnership until it was announced, that deal was made above their heads. As is, there is nothing for them to come out an promote, the only real cooperation we've seen is Sony finally relenting and allowing a few third party companies to do cross-save or cross-play, with the only direct link to Microsoft being the PS4 Edition of Minecraft, which has NOT been upgraded to Bedrock Edition presumably because of the Xbox Live requirement and cross-play. If anyone was going to show up it'd probably be Shuhei Yoshida, who I believe confirmed that he was not attending E3 or even coming to the States currently.

#11832 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:45 AM

I’m kinda sad I won’t be able to attend the Xbox and Bethesda briefing that I got tickets for and EA Play, and the other stuff they may have in the area. Something came up. But I’m glad I’ll be saving money since it’s like a 2 hour drive one way and since I was going to drive, I have to most likely pay for a couple of parking places which they increase because of E3. Plus the crazier LA traffic due to E3. Too bad the tickets aren’t transferable, I would’ve totally gave them away here.

With money saved, I actually ordered some shoes earlier and will definitely get a few things from this E3 Sale. And if they show a new console that’s coming out when it’s announced or later this year, I’ll probably cancel/return the shoes and put money on that. Lol. Can not wait to see what Xbox will show. My prediction of Sony and Nintendo showing up on stage still remains. We’ll see.

You people and the feet talk...

I got around to a little Turok play this afternoon. I immediately remembered how queasy the game used to make me. Once I noticed you could turn off the leaning head bob from strafing my problems cleared up. I don't know who thought of that, but it is awful.

Gameplay is decent, for being a 20-something year old fps with a lot platforming. It would have been nice to see some improvements like switching ammo types rather than just having to use your beat stuff first.

If you have nostalgia for it, I would say it's worth it at the sale price. For newcomers, I dunno if it's worth all the jank even at like $5.

#11833 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4138 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:47 AM

The Evil Within 3 or something new?

#11834 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4138 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:52 AM

You people and the feet talk...

I got around to a little Turok play this afternoon. I immediately remembered how queasy the game used to make me. Once I noticed you could turn off the leaning head bob from strafing my problems cleared up. I don't know who thought of that, but it is awful.

Gameplay is decent, for being a 20-something year old fps with a lot platforming. It would have been nice to see some improvements like switching ammo types rather than just having to use your beat stuff first.

If you have nostalgia for it, I would say it's worth it at the sale price. For newcomers, I dunno if it's worth all the jank even at like $5.

I wouldn't quite classify it as jank, just old design philosophies. Those Turok ports are pretty enhanced compared to a lot of similar releases. They add a TON of features you'd typically only see on PC release, while boasting major updates like the removal of persistent fog and a huge performance boost.

I still think Perfect Dark HD from the 360 is the gold standard of these retro FPS ports, but Turok ranks pretty high as far as conversions go.

#11835 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1024 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:30 AM

Personally, I watched it on YouTube and felt I got just as much out of it as I would have playing myself.

#11836 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2125 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

This might be an E3 related Game Pass announcement so I'll put it in spoiler tags for those that want to be surprised tomorrow.

Spoiler

#11837 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5966 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 11:46 AM

The Evil Within 3 or something new?

https://twitter.com/...547132208963585

highly doubt EW3

#11838 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2552 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:20 PM

So it looks like the Game Pass Ultimate for $1 deal is for everyone now? I'm not part of the insider program, but the store page looks available.

https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

Also, they quietly fixed titles starting with 'The' being alphabetized under 'T.' Orange Box is now under 'O', The Darkness is now under 'D.' About damn time.

#11839 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   599 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:27 PM

Wouldn't it be sweet if those missing 360 sales turned out to be newly backward compatible titles they plan to announce today? Maybe a little Forza 4 on sale? Maybe some Fitty Cent Blood on the Sand? Am I crazy to wish for these?

#11840 lightskintwin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

lightskintwin

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:32 PM

Wouldn't it be sweet if those missing 360 sales turned out to be newly backward compatible titles they plan to announce today? Maybe a little Forza 4 on sale? Maybe some Fitty Cent Blood on the Sand? Am I crazy to wish for these?

The E3 360 BC sale games are a bunch of Call of Duty games.  You can see them in the E3 sale section on the Xbox store. 

Also I wouldn't expect any BC games announced during E3, because besides announcing BC as a program they've never announced individual games on their stage.

If there are any BC game announcements then they're likely to happen during Inside Xbox tomorrow.

#11841 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   1200 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:34 PM

I like how you think....maybe some Lollipop Chainsaw too or Asura's Wrath

#11842 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2028 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:39 PM

Wouldn't it be sweet if those missing 360 sales turned out to be newly backward compatible titles they plan to announce today?

i was thinking the same thing :D

#11843 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   599 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:43 PM

The E3 360 BC sale games are a bunch of Call of Duty games.  You can see them in the E3 sale section on the Xbox store. 

Also I wouldn't expect any BC games announced during E3, because besides announcing BC as a program they've never announced individual games on their stage.

If there any BC game announcements, then they're likely to happen during Inside Xbox tomorrow.

Don't piss on my electric fence and tell me its raining!  Major's site still shows no 360 games yet states they'll be added when available. Let me dream my dream, man.

#11844 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   3092 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:56 PM

https://www.trueachi...578199#m8578199

PC game pass is live. The list of games in spoiler tag.

Spoiler

#11845 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2074 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:57 PM

There's a lot more games than that spoiler list coming, TA is showing 20 with 2 brand new releases today, and a majority have play anywhere or PC versions. So that got me thinking. I'll spoil one, I looked up Hollow Knight on the Windows 10 store app and it says "Play for free with Xbox Game Pass for PC" but install is still greyed out for now. So Xbox Game Pass for PC is probably starting up today or very soon also. 

https://www.trueachi...-xbox-game-pass

edit: and ninja'd

and double ninja edit, I don't mean the spoiler tag right above me, the spoiler tag CaseX posted

#11846 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2417 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:02 PM

There's a lot more games than that spoiler list coming, TA is showing 20 with 2 brand new releases today, and a majority have play anywhere or PC versions. So that got me thinking. I'll spoil one, I looked up Hollow Knight on the Windows 10 store app and it says "Play for free with Xbox Game Pass for PC" but install is still greyed out for now. So Xbox Game Pass for PC is probably starting up today or very soon also.

https://www.trueachi...-xbox-game-pass

edit: and ninja'd

Is it a separate subscription though? My most important question.

#11847 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9431 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

This might be an E3 related Game Pass announcement so I'll put it in spoiler tags for those that want to be surprised tomorrow.

Spoiler

Nice adds!

Is it a separate subscription though? My most important question.

Same subscription.

#11848 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

So it looks like the Game Pass Ultimate for $1 deal is for everyone now? I'm not part of the insider program, but the store page looks available.

Also, they quietly fixed titles starting with 'The' being alphabetized under 'T.' Orange Box is now under 'O', The Darkness is now under 'D.' About damn time.

Game Pass Ultimate for $1 is back.

What is dead may never die!

#11849 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9431 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:18 PM

Can someone explain this complicated GamePass Ultimate thing again? I don’t think that was ever explained here. :)

#11850 capndan   It's for your health! CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for posting this, I've just now finally been able to get in on this deal!