* * * - - 15 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Enter the Gungeon, Mordheim, Farm Sim 17, 360 Worms, more | ID@Xbox Horror | GwG: Technomancer, PvZ: GW2; SW Battlefront II

#8221 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2241 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted Today, 04:54 PM

I just played “Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite Loading” too and it’s terrible. I’m happy I didn’t spend a cent on it

So many games have found clever ways to mask load times, and some of those cutscenes are sooo long. You'd think they could preload the fights in the background, but you'd be wrong. Arcade mode is okay, but still a disappointment and none of it justifies a 64GB footprint. All that data on the drive, and the load times are like PS3 discs.

Also, the character choices clearly reflect the push for Avengers and all things MCU right now. Who the Fuck thought Dormamu should be a playable character but make Venom and Black Widow DLC? 

#8222 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:04 PM

MVCI was peak Marvel/MCU meddling.  Thankfully that should be over now thanks to our new combined Disney+Fox overlord.  Spider-Man PS4 got a patch to add Fantastic Four stuff in pretty quickly when the deal went down.

#8223 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:26 PM

can anyone help me? I see an advertisement on my xbox dashboard for xbox gamepass $1 for 3 months but when I go to subscribe I only see the 2 week trial or $11.99 for one month! What gives? I am from Canada and my Gold sub is expired for the moment if those things matter.

Mine worked about 2AM this morning. I know that's not helpful but I don't think it has anything to do with your Gold sub. 

#8224 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3718 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 05:26 PM

Also, the character choices clearly reflect the push for Avengers and all things MCU right now. Who the Fuck thought Dormamu should be a playable character but make Venom and Black Widow DLC? 

You've got to factor in the recycling as well. Dormammu was playable in MvC3 as well so his moveset and animations were already ready. I think they reused the same model as well. They did remake some models like Captain America, but others were pretty obviously just imported, like Chris Redfield. Aside from the totally MCU Marvel roster, you have weird choices on the Capcom side as well. Like only having 2 new Capcom reps, or the return of Bionic Command reboot-designed Spencer. Even on the new characters there is recycling. The majority of Gamora's animations are reused from different MvC3 and Tatsunoko vs Capcom characters.

I would love to know the details on MvC:I, and why it's budget was presumably so low. If it was hampered due to Marvel, if Capcom saw it as a way to make a quick buck, whatever. I'm glad Capcom has shifted the guy who was in charge of Monster Hunter over to fighting games now, hopefully he can bring them up to the standards of the rest of their current games. An MCU focused MvC could be the biggest game the series has ever seen.

#8225 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3023 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted Today, 05:32 PM

can anyone help me? I see an advertisement on my xbox dashboard for xbox gamepass $1 for 3 months but when I go to subscribe I only see the 2 week trial or $11.99 for one month! What gives? I am from Canada and my Gold sub is expired for the moment if those things matter.

Pro tip: make a new account and pay $1 for 3 months of game pass.

#8226 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3718 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 05:36 PM

MVCI was peak Marvel/MCU meddling.  Thankfully that should be over now thanks to our new combined Disney+Fox overlord.  Spider-Man PS4 got a patch to add Fantastic Four stuff in pretty quickly when the deal went down.

We don't actually know if this is the case or not. I think it likely is why it was only MCU characters but if you look back at MvC  the majority of the new to the series Marvel characters also ended up getting MCU representation later. When Iron Fist and Rocket Raccoon were announced there was a lot of "WHO?" going around. Marvel having character requirements did not need to mean the rest of the game had to be as fucked as it was, even if the loss of all X-Men was a huge blow to the roster that fans wanted. It also didn't explain the laziness of Capcom's half of the roster.

#8227 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2241 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted Today, 06:24 PM

You've got to factor in the recycling as well. Dormammu was playable in MvC3 as well so his moveset and animations were already ready. I think they reused the same model as well. They did remake some models like Captain America, but others were pretty obviously just imported, like Chris Redfield. Aside from the totally MCU Marvel roster, you have weird choices on the Capcom side as well. Like only having 2 new Capcom reps, or the return of Bionic Command reboot-designed Spencer. Even on the new characters there is recycling. The majority of Gamora's animations are reused from different MvC3 and Tatsunoko vs Capcom characters.

I would love to know the details on MvC:I, and why it's budget was presumably so low. If it was hampered due to Marvel, if Capcom saw it as a way to make a quick buck, whatever. I'm glad Capcom has shifted the guy who was in charge of Monster Hunter over to fighting games now, hopefully he can bring them up to the standards of the rest of their current games. An MCU focused MvC could be the biggest game the series has ever seen.

I'd be fine w/ some deep-cut characters (Bionic Commando, Sir Arthur, Gamora) being locked in the beginning and there as fan-service, kind of like how MVC2 initially required satisfying requirements to unlock characters (and Smash always has). It gives incentive to work towards goals in games that otherwise wouldn't have a ton of content or to go through things like story modes. 

I forgot Dormamu was in MVC3, that makes me less annoyed about it, but still. And, the original fighters had some obscure characters (Blackheart, for example) who wouldn't be recognized by a casual audience. 

Mostly I guess I just want MVC: I to be better than it is.

#8228 Kurina   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   273 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:28 PM

Where it says the 2 week trial beside the purchase button, can you click on that and bring up a pull down menu? I was confused as well earlier today when I signed up as it kept wanting to do the 14 day trial. I didn't know that there was a drop down box there to select which deal I wanted. I could pick the 3 month option there and it worked okay.

#8229 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:39 PM

I'd be fine w/ some deep-cut characters (Bionic Commando, Sir Arthur, Gamora) being locked in the beginning and there as fan-service, kind of like how MVC2 initially required satisfying requirements to unlock characters (and Smash always has). It gives incentive to work towards goals in games that otherwise wouldn't have a ton of content or to go through things like story modes.

I forgot Dormamu was in MVC3, that makes me less annoyed about it, but still. And, the original fighters had some obscure characters (Blackheart, for example) who wouldn't be recognized by a casual audience.

Mostly I guess I just want MVC: I to be better than it is.

I remember playing Marvel Super Heroes and MVC2 in the arcade and specifically picking Blackheart and Shuma Gorath not because I knew who they were, but based off their looks alone. It wasn't until much later and geekier in life did I learn who they were. But i feel that the Marvel side of the MVCI roster is pure panhandling to the MCU fan. Personally, i can't stand Gamora in games. Her design just never sits right with me. Same with Mohawk Captain Marvel. I would have loved at least a little bit of MVC2 or older throwback characters added in. Which is why I loved Venom's addition, albeit behind a DLC price.