* * * * - 24 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Peggle 2, FH3 DLC, WRC 5/6/7, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, more | GwG: Insane Robots, Final Station; Toy Story 3

#19201 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10733 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 October 2019 - 04:13 PM

Finally started playing Ori and the Blind Forest this week while I was under the weather. Wish I hadn't slept on this one, it's excellent. Excited the sequel is in development and will release on Game Pass. I'd like to dive into the Outer Worlds tonight but I know if I stop Ori for that long I'll forget what I'm doing.

"Log in to play."

Nevermind.

I just logged in with my Steam credentials.

#19202 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1656 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 04:31 PM

Arp points as always but thanks for letting us know about it! Back to Outer Worlds!

#19203 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1901 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 25 October 2019 - 04:40 PM

Downloading COD now, if anyone wants to play will be on this evening around 8pm (eastern). HMU

Bro we all agreed to not buy it on the Xbox. Come on!

#19204 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:42 PM

It really boggles my mind that the Dying Light Season Pass is finally on sale for the first time ever but its the same price as buying the Dying Lighting Following Enhanced edition. Why isn't it cheaper than the complete edition?

Mafia 3 season pass versus Mafia 3 deluxe says hello.

#19205 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7927 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:17 PM

I started fallout 76 this week. Got the email about the pay to play design.

Hell no. I will not support that. I'd much rather play fallout alone. For me fallout is not a multiplayer game. I want to explore the world and Rob and carry every item I come across like a deranged squirrel hording his nuts for the winter.

I'll do a couple quests get a few more chevios and then move on to outer world's. Thanks for making that choice easier on my Bethesda

#19206 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2481 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:59 PM

IMG-20191025-090516.jpg

Check these out. Full game downloads that come in a tiny Xbox case with a coin.

#19207 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3813 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:53 PM

IMG-20191025-090516.jpg

How many Xbox coins = 1 bitcoin?

#19208 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10733 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:19 PM

IMG-20191025-090516.jpg

My arms are starting to itch...

#19209 summer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:24 PM

Got a few hours of Outer Worlds in last night.  When they say it feels like the good parts of Bioshock/Fallout/Mass Effect, they weren't kidding.  The gameplay is fantastic.  The story and dialogue definitely has a feel for both Bioshock and Fallout, with the dark humor of Bioshock and even Borderlands sprinkled in.  If you even had an inkling to play it, do so.

Plus a healthy dose of Firefly vibe.

#19210 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:37 PM

Got a few hours of Outer Worlds in last night.  When they say it feels like the good parts of Bioshock/Fallout/Mass Effect, they weren't kidding.  The gameplay is fantastic.  The story and dialogue definitely has a feel for both Bioshock and Fallout, with the dark humor of Bioshock and even Borderlands sprinkled in.  If you even had an inkling to play it, do so.

You're describing all my favorite things.  Thank you for ruining other games I am trying to finish prior to playing Outer Worlds.  This will be like going out with my second cousin tonight when I know I have a date with a super model tomorrow.

#19211 Miker525  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:45 PM

Can't seem to find much I want in the spooky sale. Not gonna complain. About to finish judgment and really dive in deep into The Outer World's which I'm absolutely loving so far. Was thinking about picking up the division though bc I picked up division 2 a bit back. Do I need to play the first before the second?

#19212 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:54 PM

Can't seem to find much I want in the spooky sale. Not gonna complain. About to finish judgment and really dive in deep into The Outer World's which I'm absolutely loving so far. Was thinking about picking up the division though bc I picked up division 2 a bit back. Do I need to play the first before the second?

I may not be the best person to answer this since I don't often appreciate storytelling in video games, however, I do appreciate good storytelling in games.  Neither game appears to be that good at it and the story is just a backdrop to set the tone and give reason for the state of the world and lore.  Don't get me wrong, both games are fun and interesting.  Division 1 is a decent game, but not worth it if you just want to see story.  I'd bet there are some pretty decent YouTube cuts or synopsis of the D1 story anyway.

#19213 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:15 PM

Anyone here actually enjoy Agony?  I remember seeing a demo a while back thinking it looks cool, but the reviews are abysmal.

Also... anyone here a TV snob?  I'm looking to purchase one on black friday, and can't get over the fact that I only buy Samsung tvs.  Are they really "better", or is it all in my head?

I figure if I'm going to play Agony I'll get it on the PC where it doesn't have to be censored, but I know not everyone has a gaming PC.

TV snob reporting in.  There's nothing particularly different about Samsung but they do make some good sets.  I have a Sony X900F myself, but the right choice depends on your needs, budget, and viewing environment.  Nutshell recommendations (obviously there are more options and I'm oversimplifying):

You have $$$ and can control ambient light in your room: LG OLED

You have $$$ but too much ambient light or prefer LCD: Samsung Q80R

You have $$ and are looking for mid-to-high end LCD: Sony X900F/X950G or Samsung Q70R

You have $ but still want decent HDR: TCL 6 (R625)

The upcoming TCL 8-series might also be interesting but it's not out yet.

#19214 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9552 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:23 PM

Biggest problem for me with Samsung TVs is no Dolby Vision. I’d get an LG OLED if I could afford it and a TCL since I can’t. :)

#19215 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4240 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:05 PM

Odd timing with the Fallout 76 premium or whatever they are calling it announcement. A few hours in on The Outer Worlds now and pretty much forgot that Fallout 76 is even a thing. 

This is even funnier to me than the fact that said service is busted at launch; the "private servers" aren't actually locked to you so you can drop into a world that's already been looted, and the "infinite storage" is broken so it deletes the items you put into it. Bethesda has seemingly gone out of their way at multiple points in time to be vaugely petty to Obsidian, I get the impression that they don't like that the general Fallout fanbase feels they (Obsidian) made by far the best modern Fallout game. First, they finally semi-acknowledge this by having the one cool thing in this ridiculous service be the on iconic armor that Obsidian design, the NCR Ranger Armor. 

Either they hilariously overestimated how good the reception to this announcement was going to be and actually thought they would somehow steal the thunder from Outer Worlds launch, or they are so blind to the wider gaming industry that they didn't see the huge laughing stock this would be. It's pretty clear why they announced their one big content update for the rest of the year was massively delay now, and I think this confirms their battle royale mode didn't gain traction and probably burned a lot of resources.

What feels the worst about this announcement is that it clearly is targeting the fans that actually did stick through everything and support the game. The one place I had continuously seen mostly positive discussion about this game is r/fo76. The fact that even that sub-reddit in flames over this news speaks volumes.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to stay far away from future Bethesda Game Studios releases like Starfield, and even makes weary of the games the same company is publishing, like Doom Eternal.

#19216 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2264 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:23 PM

I have a Samsung TV, it's a 2016 KS8000, supposedly the next 2 years were slightly a bit worse at least from what I gathered from RTings.com. I also have TCL and while the picture is decent for what it is, I really really dislike their "interface". I suppose it's probably an issue with it being a Roku TV but not even having a set button to switch inputs get's pretty old fast depending on your setup. I know it sounds completely minor but over the course of using it over and over it can get annoying. Ha another totally minor thing I love about the Samsung interface is the built in "Steam Link" app that preforms better than my actual physical Steam Link piece of hardware. 

#19217 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9552 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2019 - 12:45 AM

Samsung makes great TVs. Have especially heard good things about the KS8000. Just wish they would do Dolby Vision.

#19218 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 26 October 2019 - 12:47 AM

Question about Outer Worlds: how is the character creation component? I've noticed all the characters in the trailers are more hideous than Skyrim characters and I really don't want to be staring at that for X amount of hours.

#19219 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 26 October 2019 - 12:53 AM

Blair Witch codes going out

#19220 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:03 AM

All the characters I've came across are butt ass ugly with scars and wrinkly faces.

Character creation was decent although I wasn't happy with only 9 facial hair options. I always try to make my character look like me as much as possible because it helps me with the immersion.

#19221 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:41 AM

All the characters I've came across are butt ass ugly with scars and wrinkly faces.

Character creation was decent although I wasn't happy with only 9 facial hair options. I always try to make my character look like me as much as possible because it helps me with the immersion.

Damn. Why can't they just licence whatever the hell engine they for the WWE games? Raw Vs Smackdown 2004 still has better graphics than any design your own character RPG I've seen to date.

#19222 phat_tonyca   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

phat_tonyca

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:45 AM

I use https://www.rtings.com/ to study which television I was going to purchase. They are extra through and go in extreme details.

#19223 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:53 AM

I have a Samsung TV, it's a 2016 KS8000, supposedly the next 2 years were slightly a bit worse at least from what I gathered from RTings.com. I also have TCL and while the picture is decent for what it is, I really really dislike their "interface". I suppose it's probably an issue with it being a Roku TV but not even having a set button to switch inputs get's pretty old fast depending on your setup. I know it sounds completely minor but over the course of using it over and over it can get annoying. Ha another totally minor thing I love about the Samsung interface is the built in "Steam Link" app that preforms better than my actual physical Steam Link piece of hardware. 

The KS8000 has a very good reputation as a midrange LCD.  Besides the Dolby Vision issue, its major limitation is that it is edge-lit, so you don't really get true local dimming like you do on a full-array set.  A modern Samsung with full-array local dimming like the Q70R will perform better in most cases.

#19224 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   991 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 26 October 2019 - 02:09 AM

Blair witch

YDQ2FG7FTMGFJWP3YH92YDY9Z

#19225 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1656 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2019 - 02:18 AM

Blair witch

I tried it but Xbox says it was redeemed. Thank you for it anyway!

#19226 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1901 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 26 October 2019 - 02:26 AM

Fuck Vudu. Used that free code to rent John Wick 3 and started it last night but fell asleep. Just started it now where it left off and saw I had 26 minutes left but figured surely that’s to start it and finish it. Movie legit stopped working after 26 minutes and when I restarted the rental was gone. I thought every damn service was you have so long to start it, not we’ll break your movie in the middle of it.

Movie sucks anyway. Man I love some mindless action but Fuck me, hobbling Keanu and this intricate hierarchy that was being created so maybe I’d be intrigued felt so half-assed. My suspension of disbelief was repeatedly being tested. Stunned it had such a rotten tomato rating we’ll scratch that, that rating means nothing anymore anyway.

#19227 mundial1345   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

mundial1345

Posted 26 October 2019 - 02:57 AM

I tried it but Xbox says it was redeemed. Thank you for it anyway!

still want a code? I have one I’m not going to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19228 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:23 AM

Blair witch

rats, too late. Thanks for posting though!

#19229 mundial1345   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

mundial1345

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:30 AM

rats, too late. Thanks for posting though!

Shoot me a message if you want my code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19230 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 26 October 2019 - 04:01 AM

Blair Witch codes going out

that must be what the message from xbox live was when my son was playing