* * * - - 18 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2, Brawlout, more | Lumines, FF15, Shovel Knight, Life is Strange | GwG: Golf Club '19, Marooners; Comic Jumper

#5641 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9069 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:48 PM

Someone over on ResetERA is saying they are playing Sekiro early on a PS4 Pro and that at times it runs like absolute shit. Of course, I take that with a grain of salt but could that be why review copies weren’t sent out?

Xbox One X will surely play it smooth as butter. Right? Right?!?

#5642 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2295 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

Vampyr for $15 suddenly sounds like a lot of money.

#5643 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:09 PM

Vampyr and Deus Ex refund day for MS customer service reps, wonder what way they'll go with it

I already jumped on Deus Ex with all the dlc for $7. That's cheap enough to think I paid $5 for the dlc and $2 to keep the game after it leaves GP, which still sounds like a hell of a deal.

#5644 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   903 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:09 PM

Game Pass continues to impress

I do not understand the haters

Can a Game Pass hater explain why?

Not trying to be a dick, I just don't get it

#5645 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:14 PM

You feel the compulsion to have all 200 titles downloaded at once? Causing you to break your monthly bandwidth caps and you've purchased many extra terabytes of additional storage.

#5646 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4029 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:33 PM

Hope there is someone here, who has gamepass and bought vampyr on sale, that we can make fun of.

No? Damn...

#5647 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   667 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

Someone over on ResetERA is saying they are playing Sekiro early on a PS4 Pro and that at times it runs like absolute shit. Of course, I take that with a grain of salt but could that be why review copies weren’t sent out?

Xbox One X will surely play it smooth as butter. Right? Right?!?

I'm actually not too worried, as I was going X or PC, I never expected perfect running at all times, its a damned From game and they never have been perfect, but I just want stable.

#5648 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:48 PM

Hope there is someone here, who has gamepass and bought vampyr on sale, that we can make fun of.

No? Damn...

Just make fun of me. Bought disc on sale about a month ago and still have not played it yet.

#5649 gogomo  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

I'm not a hater, but I think GP's value is all relative to the individual.  Intellectually and objectively, I think GP is a great value for newcomers to the platform.  Low price for access to a ton of fresh games.  What's not to like?  If you're someone who likes replaying games you've already played, then GP is great for that, too.

Personally, however, it's worthless to me because I've been an Xbox gamer for a long time.  Here's a breakdown of all the games on GP right now: (1) old games that I have already played, (2) games that I already own, and (3) games that I have no interest in playing.  I've only used GP when they had their $1 or $2 sales to try random games or to play with friends.  It is not worth a subscription for someone like me.  There have been multiple occasions when I've been on the tail end of my $1/$2 subscription, I'm scrolling through all the games, and I can't find a single game that I want to play.

On the other hand, I have a friend who recently bought an Xbox and the GP is great for him.  He's catching up on games he's heard about, but never had a chance to play.

#5650 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6597 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:53 PM

Not a hater, but I already own more games than I will be able to play before they find my corpse. Therefore, Game Pass is not useful for me.

#5651 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:59 PM

Of course I got Vampr about a month ago and haven’t had much of a chance to play it. I need to just stop buying games.

Me and you both pal but I did play a bit of Vampyr and the graphics look good along with good voice acting.

#5652 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4029 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:15 PM

Just make fun of me. Bought disc on sale about a month ago and still have not played it yet.

Hope you can trade it in and get some gum or a bag of chips, eh. Or may be not if its Gamestop. You're an aussie, right. Do you gamestop?

It sucks though, I have become very vary of buying stuff. I still buy a crap ton but at least try to guess if the title looks to be heading GP route ( and pray it doesn't soon).

Spoiler

#5653 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2608 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:20 PM

On the other hand, I have a friend who recently bought an Xbox and the GP is great for him. He's catching up on games he's heard about, but never had a chance to play.

This is me, I pretty much quit the xbox not long after the 360 and for maybe 7 years I never played any console game (pc only, and it was 99% MMO’s)
So gamepass is great 90% of the games there I have never played, many have not even seen before.

#5654 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3546 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

I don’t subscribe simply because I have to much to play already. I’m fine with the service being offered, more options is always better. I wish they had a cheaper tier to only get access to all Microsoft titles on day one for $5 a month without access to the other indie and 3rd party games.

#5655 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8557 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

For me its because I like to own games, whether physical or digital. Mainly physical. And i own over 500 xb1 titles and over 400 360 titles as it is.

#5656 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:36 PM

I have the Deus Ex on disc and have been holding out for it to go GWG like it did on 360. I guess that won’t be happening now.

As for the Castlevania bundle, no way Castlevania II Simons Quest isn’t part of that. I’d also like to see some of the GBA games get the us treatment.

#5657 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3794 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:36 PM

I'm watching the DF video on Stadia and I don't understand it. "Anywhere that there's a screen, you can play". But those are very overwhelming stats that would be expensive to sell.

Is streaming games simply having a massive amount of bandwidth? They're saying 4k60 available which is a lot of data. And playing a Pixelbook functions. I don't understand the tech behind streaming games including whatever the new plans are for the discless Xbox.

That controller sucks.

Someone found something that said 1080/60 uses about 3 gigs an hour, this would be pretty hefty if you play a lot, not much better than actually downloading some games.

I also saw some indie dev talking about streaming services and say that instead of up front payment they were being offered to be paid based on how many minutes people played his game. I don't know if Google is doing this, or who is, but that is an awful model for gaming. It could open up a whole new can of worms if it was at all successful.

#5658 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3546 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:47 PM

Someone found something that said 1080/60 uses about 3 gigs an hour, this would be pretty hefty if you play a lot, not much better than actually downloading some games.

I also saw some indie dev talking about streaming services and say that instead of up front payment they were being offered to be paid based on how many minutes people played his game. I don't know if Google is doing this, or who is, but that is an awful model for gaming. It could open up a whole new can of worms if it was at all successful.

Why do you see that as an awful model? If no one is playing a game, why should Microsoft or Google pay the dev team for a game no one likes or is playing? Music streaming pays artists per play, I just can’t think of a better option, how would you compensate the devs?

#5659 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3794 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

Announcements and rumors:

Cuphead coming to Switch

The Outer Worlds and Castlevania Collection will be Epic Store exclusives on PC

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/b3br7y/pcgamesn_epic_has_announced_that_a_suite_of/

A Zelda themed Crypt of the Necrodancer? Hard IN for me.

Finally, I'm seeing posts from people who got Sekiro early, saying that performance tanks often on PS4 Pro. There is a patch out already apparently but no confirmation that it was the known 3 gig day one patch.

#5660 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:57 PM

And you can make fun of me in turn, bought it day one from Target's B2G1 with red card for around $40 (tax included), never even opened.

And I know I will not play it on Game Pass until the month it is leaving it.  smh

#5661 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3794 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

Why do you see that as an awful model? If no one is playing a game, why should Microsoft or Google pay the dev team for a game no one likes or is playing? Music streaming pays artists per play, I just can’t think of a better option, how would you compensate the devs?

Games are a different beast than music. We'd likely see a similar technique as Youtube that a lot of people follow. On Youtube, people often pad out videos to be at least 10 minutes because that's what the algorithm prefers. Then you have people who switch to long from or padded content just to make more money. It is counter intuitive to creativity and originality, though maybe you could make an argument on working within restrictions. I just think it's harder to design music to be heavily streamed, and popular music has followed the 4 minute song length of decades now.

With games, it's possible for them to design aspects to take longer than they need to, to really beef up game length. It could have a negative effect on development trends. Plus, this model is bad for indies in general depending on what the pay out is. Their games are usually overshadowed by the bigger budget games and likely would be on these services. They also tend to be short outside of outliers like Hollow Knight, or heavily replayable rouge-likes Binding of Issac or Spelunky.

I don't think it's that big a deal now, in our current "owned game" state, but if your game is only on a streaming service with no other income it's risky as hell. I also imagine it would change the quality of games you actually see on a service. For example, it's clear MS pays some kind of lump sum up front to get games on GamePass, which clearly appeals heavily to certain publishers more than others. If you're only getting paid for time streamed, this is likely going to change who is willing to participate, though this could be good or bad.

#5662 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:12 PM

I don't really know of anyone that's a hater, just people who it doesn't appeal to (like myself).  Reasons I do not (nor want, really) GamePass:

1. I play my PS4, Switch, 3DS, and Vita all with greater frequency than my XB1 lately.  It's not that it's a bad system of course - It's just not what I'm currently spending the bulk of my time on.  I put about 2 hours/week into XB, and that's playing whatever the kid wants to play for co-op and talk night.

2. I already own a substantial number of XB1 games (and 360 BC titles) that I need to finish and actually want to play.

3. Of the titles on GamePass, I already own the ones I actually want to play.  I just looked through the entire list on the xbox website JUST IN CASE there were a few that slipped through and would justify the sub.  There weren't.

4. I like owning physical discs.  Call me old fashioned, but I enjoy the shelf of titles.

5. Storage space and install times.  I'm the type of gamer that doesn't know what I want to play until I sit down with the controller in my hand - if I sit down and can't play the game I want because I have to wait for a 2-3 hour install, I'm not going to want to play that game anymore because that's annoying.  And I don't have the available storage space to download every gamepass game to avoid that.

That's not to say the system doesn't have merit - It does. Just not for me.  Same reasons I didn't want the Sega Channel as a kid.

#5663 WeeeDoo  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:16 PM

How is vampyre? Is it something to play through multiple times or once enough? Currently have on disc and thinking maybe I will trade it in since it will be on gamepass.

It's not good at all. It has a very small world that's absolutely atrocious to navigate through, awful combat, and (at least for me) a story doesnt that entice you at all to figure it out or learn what happened.

It's really just a vampire game with a lot of dialogue, nothing more, with a bunch of annoying things thrown in.

#5664 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3546 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:17 PM

Games are a different beast than music. We'd likely see a similar technique as Youtube that a lot of people follow. On Youtube, people often pad out videos to be at least 10 minutes because that's what the algorithm prefers. Then you have people who switch to long from or padded content just to make more money. It is counter intuitive to creativity and originality, though maybe you could make an argument on working within restrictions. I just think it's harder to design music to be heavily streamed, and popular music has followed the 4 minute song length of decades now.

With games, it's possible for them to design aspects to take longer than they need to, to really beef up game length. It could have a negative effect on development trends. Plus, this model is bad for indies in general depending on what the pay out is. Their games are usually overshadowed by the bigger budget games and likely would be on these services. They also tend to be short outside of outliers like Hollow Knight, or heavily replayable rouge-likes Binding of Issac or Spelunky.

I don't think it's that big a deal now, in our current "owned game" state, but if your game is only on a streaming service with no other income it's risky as hell. I also imagine it would change the quality of games you actually see on a service. For example, it's clear MS pays some kind of lump sum up front to get games on GamePass, which clearly appeals heavily to certain publishers more than others. If you're only getting paid for time streamed, this is likely going to change who is willing to participate, though this could be good or bad.

Good points but I think some games are already padded anyways, lol. I still think it would have to be fun regardless of being padded or not to actually get anyone to stick with it. Apex Season pass is def padded to force longer time spent playing and I’m not even sure the reason, I guess to get ppl to buy the more expensive battle pass.

#5665 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4167 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:24 PM

Say what you want today about Game Pass but when next gen launches is when it’s really going to be amazing!!

#5666 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3794 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

Good points but I think some games are already padded anyways, lol. I still think it would have to be fun regardless of being padded or not to actually get anyone to stick with it. Apex Season pass is def padded to force longer time spent playing and I’m not even sure the reason, I guess to get ppl to buy the more expensive battle pass.

I don't neccesarily thing "padding" is a terrible thing by itself as long as it's fun, I've just seen too many instances of something working well in one game that is later copied that either works poorly or fits poorly into the new game.

With Apex the estimated Battle Pass completion time is definitely padded more than it needs to be, but it's made much worse by just how bad the content in the BP actually is. It is possible they planned to roll out double XP periods or something during this season but they didn't even hint at anything like that so it's being poorly received.

#5667 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:46 PM

How is vampyre? Is it something to play through multiple times or once enough? Currently have on disc and thinking maybe I will trade it in since it will be on gamepass.

If you liked Life is Strange dialog driven fun with some combat thrown in, you’ll have a blast.

I think it’s pretty lame to have a sale then announce it. Like putting a game on sale before it comes to gwg and plus. Just be straight forward with folks.

#5668 WeeeDoo  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:54 PM

Its too bad operencia the stolen sun is turn based. Looks like itd be a fun game to try since its on gamepass. Not a chance now.

#5669 DiGiTAL WEDGiES  

DiGiTAL WEDGiES

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:26 PM

Just noticed on the rewards page there is now a button to click for the extra purchase refund points option  from last month.

6K points, thanks!

((shopping bonus points*))

#5670 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

To any other anime nerds out in the ether, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 has a "free trial" available now. It let's you play through the first 5 story missions as well as online matches. Plus, it did just get DLC based off of the new Broly movie, so there's that.