* * * - - 21 votes

XBL Deals - GTA5, Shadow/Tomb Raider, more | Add-ons, Lego | GwG: FM6, Gears 4; Castlevania LOS

#11371 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9387 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:17 AM

Yeah but iOS 13 includes support for Xbox One S and PS4 controllers soooo doesn't seem so bad.

Thing is if I’m playing a game on mobile, it’s because I want to play it on the go....not with a controller. Glad it’s an option for those that want it but I have consoles if I want to game with a controller.

#11372 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4115 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:38 AM

The PSN thread is my goalpost. Discuss the deals or go away. Either mods will ban me or ban you, and either this will stay a garbage heap where anything goes or we can behave like civilized people and have the tiniest conceivable respect for the idea of a TOPICAL CONVERSATION.

Just going on past experience I doubt anyone is getting banned here. If that's the case it'll fall to you to decide if you want to keep complaining until the end of time or not, at which point I assume you'll be mass Ignored to the point of falling on deaf ears. To call this entire thread a garbage heap is unfair, it's only trash when idiots are gumming it up with shit-tier posts antagonizing the rest of the posters. As is, this discussion is just as much of a derailment from on-topic as any movie or cheeseburger discussion, since it's been hours and dozens of posts. It's been about 8.5 hours since your original warning post so I imagine if anyone was getting bans or warnings we would have started to hear about it by now.

I at least spoilered the D2 news. :)

Eh, it's getting announced tomorrow in a detailed stream. If someone is upset over a setting spoiler 24 hours in advance I apologize.

#11373 toadhjo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:38 AM

I enjoy playing on mobile. I recently played through XCOM: Enemy Within. It was awesome experiencing a full AAA game on my phone -- doubly so because it was only $1.99.

Shooters though, eh ... My in-laws play PUBG on phone. I tried a few matches and deleted it. Just didn't do it for me.

#11374 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4115 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:45 AM

I still can't believe PUBG Mobile had a full featured Resident Evil 2 crossover and the console/PC version didn't even get at least the outfits. I've tried playing it but it just felt so awkward that I couldn't get used to it.

#11375 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7854 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:12 AM

Some on topic talk.

I'm never going to play nba 2k19. But do you think I bought it?

You bet your sweet ass I did. +1 to the backlog.

I don't know if you guys have seen this yet it's pretty badass though a newer game coming out called splitgate but it's Halo first person shooting with portal added in. Looks very fun.

I could imagine the little tricks that could be played. Open a portal throw grenade. Player running towards you open portal at their feet. Portal out from above/behind them for stealth kills.

That would open up so much more possibilities for capture the flag games. Hell even grifball and oddball would become even more fun to play.

Here is a video

#11376 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4433 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:24 AM

Anyone tried Override Mech City Brawl? The reviews I looked at sounded pretty bad, but I keep pulling up the store page anyways... stupid robots being intricately cool.

I remember Mech City being free to play one weekend a couple months back and it was solid enough. If you ever played Virtual On Oratorio Program for the 360, it's similar in a way to that. While it's been years, I'd say Mech City felt clunkier, but fine enough if you want some dumb fun (and we'll likely not see another mech game for some time if I had to guess)

I presume the online is a ghost town though. While there were people online for the free weekend, it took a decent amount of time even then to find matches. 

And besides, chicks dig giant robots.

#11377 bstringbean  

bstringbean

Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:47 AM

I haven't watched Futurama in awhile, but help me remember: Doesn't Captain Brannigan consider himself the hero in all their adventures, but instead ends up getting in the way, is somewhat bumbling, and often makes situations worse? 

Can't tell if great troll, or he truly sees himself as the lone hero struggling against all odds to clean up this dusty town.

Godspeed sir, good luck on your noble endeavor. I, for one, enjoy the banter, though.

#11378 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:05 AM

Can you enter cheat codes to make your players Gods and stuff in NBA 2k19? If so I’ll bite at that price. Also I saw Override Mech got split co-op but you control only one mech, one control the top half the other bottom half?

#11379 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4289 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:38 AM

Can you enter cheat codes to make your players Gods and stuff in NBA 2k19? If so I’ll bite at that price. Also I saw Override Mech got split co-op but you control only one mech, one control the top half the other bottom half?

You can adjust slider to the extreme m so you make everything etc. no code required👍

#11380 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:51 AM

If I only cared about the deals I’d just check MN site or my twitter feed on Monday nights.

If the person who runs the thread ain’t bitching then oh well you’ll get over it.

#11381 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:53 AM

I e-mailed Microsoft to ask if NBA 2K19 for $2.99 is a price glitch or not. I'll post the e-mail once they respond.

This must be brannigans alt account.

#11382 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3345 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:36 AM

I know this isn't anything new, but I feel like the current deals page on the store dashboard gives us a great example of what can be so wrong with how games can be handled these days.

Destiny 2: Forsaken - Annual Pass
Destiny 2: Forsaken
Destiny 2: Forsaken - Legendary Collection
Destiny 2: Forsaken - Complete Collection
Destiny 2: Forsaken + Annual Pass
Destiny 2: Forsaken - Digital Deluxe Edition

What.The.Fuck.

Again, nothing new but I guess seeing that all on one screen is mind numbing to me. Not to mention that's just the versions including Forsaken.

I'm sure some apologist will enlighten me as to why all of these versions are necessary, but even Call of Duty has never been that ridiculous.

#11383 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:51 AM

During vacation in the middle of nowhere this passed week I've stayed at a couple places with wifi and as far as internet goes it made me appreciate living in a highly populated area with decent options and no data caps. The wifi was wicked slow loading the internet so I couldn't imagine downloading or playing online games. It's not my first time without cell service but it was my first experience with rural wifi. Almost missed yooka laylee for $10 because of connection problems.

Tomorrow at 3ish for the sale to begin, right? Historically speaking.

Last night I went back to find Bloomy's last countdown and a lot of stuff was counting down to Saturday if I recall correctly.

#11384 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:02 AM

No one's worried that we haven't had any BC announcements in awhile because E3 is just around the corner and they're saving them all up for that, right? RIGHT?!

#11385 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4115 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:21 AM

No one's worried that we haven't had any BC announcements in awhile because E3 is just around the corner and they're saving them all up for that, right? RIGHT?!

It is possible, they usually announce something BC related at E3. I hope we get another batch of OG games, it's been a long time now.

Again, nothing new but I guess seeing that all on one screen is mind numbing to me. Not to mention that's just the versions including Forsaken.

I hope they get their shit together for D3. I imagine the overall plans changed after the split from Activision but unless they drastically change their update structure we're going to be stuck with shit like that as long as Destiny is around. At this point I think an MMO subscription model would do them more good than the essentially required expansions at odd intervals. From what I hear basically all of the vanilla D2 content is a ghost town for those who haven't bought DLC.

#11386 FireReignDeath   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

FireReignDeath

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:58 AM

Got an e-mail for buying NBA 2K19 for 2.99, looks like the price is legit.

#11387 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   660 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:01 AM

Snagged the 2.99 2k19 even though I haven't played a 2k basketball game since Dreamcast.

Also found while doing that that Stellaris is part of the Free Play weekend, so I can test drive the console version and see if it's worth my time.

I'm gonna chalk that discovery up to the $2.99 as well, so I feel like I got a super deal.

#11388 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2660 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:00 AM

Just for the people who bought NBA 2K19:

One or more online services are scheduled for closure on 31 December 2020.

#11389 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6396 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:48 AM

I e-mailed Microsoft to ask if NBA 2K19 for $2.99 is a price glitch or not. I'll post the e-mail once they respond.

Holy shit. This thread Fuck ed up so hard we summoned IATCG. That's a sure sign we're heading the wrong way.

#11390 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2488 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:24 AM

I really, really want to fire up Void Bastards. I bought that (free after rebate, which I did receive) 360 for work travel, but I may just end up getting that purple X1S and having a backup for travel. It'd be less clunky too. As it stands, no VB for me until at least Sunday.

Just going on past experience I doubt anyone is getting banned here. If that's the case it'll fall to you to decide if you want to keep complaining until the end of time or not, at which point I assume you'll be mass Ignored to the point of falling on deaf ears. To call this entire thread a garbage heap is unfair, it's only trash when idiots are gumming it up with shit-tier posts antagonizing the rest of the posters. As is, this discussion is just as much of a derailment from on-topic as any movie or cheeseburger discussion, since it's been hours and dozens of posts. It's been about 8.5 hours since your original warning post so I imagine if anyone was getting bans or warnings we would have started to hear about it by now.

Eh, it's getting announced tomorrow in a detailed stream. If someone is upset over a setting spoiler 24 hours in advance I apologize.

Yeah. There are garbage threads on this site, but this ain't one of them. Going off topic during a slow week and shit-posting are very different things, and the ones who take it too far either get banned or get told to take it somewhere else. IMHO the thread is pretty good at self-regulating, and I've never seen OT discussions interfere with deals, when E3 rolls around all we discuss are games. Same with date night. But yet again here is another page of posts discussing this subject instead of all the amazing deals.

I haven't watched Futurama in awhile, but help me remember: Doesn't Captain Brannigan consider himself the hero in all their adventures, but instead ends up getting in the way, is somewhat bumbling, and often makes situations worse? 

Can't tell if great troll, or he truly sees himself as the lone hero struggling against all odds to clean up this dusty town.

Godspeed sir, good luck on your noble endeavor. I, for one, enjoy the banter, though.

:- 

#11391 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1991 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

NewEgg has Xbox credit $100 for $88.88 with email delivery the next 3 days. Not the best free money deal there's been, but it's current and convenient for today's sales. I'm sure I could find a way to spend all $100.

https://www.newegg.c...6-743-_-Product

#11392 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1991 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:06 AM

Yeah I wouldn't count on any BC announcements at all during E3 well as far as specifically related to 360 games on the Xbox One. Usually when it's a big event that's their week not to have any BC announcements so they just got ahead of it a few weeks this time around. I'd say they are starting to run out of material on what's left, but since they managed to bring back Ninja Gaiden II from the the digital dead to release on BC still probably a lot of options out there. 

#11393 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9387 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:50 AM

I think we must have scared off Bloomy.

#11394 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1991 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

Maybe he's taking the no scanners thing pretty hard?

#11395 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1991 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:04 PM

MS is doing what seems like every 3 months here's a bunch of anime first seasons for free today. There was actually over half that I didn't have yet so they must have updated the titles from the past. Added to the digital library to never be watched. It's on slickdeals front page if you want a concise list of what's what. 

#11396 M-10  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:09 PM

Why don’t we let the whiners create their own thread, find the Xbox deals and post them themselves and we carry on the righteous community that we have built here as friends.

I actually cherish what we have here. If I wanted just deals, I’d go to True Achievements or something.

Again with the name calling. You need to grow up and learn to accept that everyone has different views on stuff. Just because you do not have the same one is no reason to call someone an asshole or a whiner or whatever your insult of the day is. Maybe just do what the others do and make a grand production about how you are blocking the person you don't agree with (along with instructions on how others can do the same) and get on with your day. Name calling is not part of any righteous community I have heard of.

#11397 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   372 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:30 PM

MS is doing what seems like every 3 months here's a bunch of anime first seasons for free today. There was actually over half that I didn't have yet so they must have updated the titles from the past. Added to the digital library to never be watched. It's on slickdeals front page if you want a concise list of what's what. 

I'm in.

Weebs assemble!

#11398 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9387 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:46 PM

Again with the name calling. You need to grow up and learn to accept that everyone has different views on stuff. Just because you do not have the same one is no reason to call someone an asshole or a whiner or whatever your insult of the day is. Maybe just do what the others do and make a grand production about how you are blocking the person you don't agree with (along with instructions on how others can do the same) and get on with your day. Name calling is not part of any righteous community I have heard of.

And people need to do the same. I only used “asshole” once and didn’t direct it at any one person. That was because someone else was being disrespectful to me having an opinion. Names are not the only form of disrespect on the Internet. Very flippant comments to another person are just as offensive to me and can hurt just as much. But no one cares about those kinds of insults.

People should be respectful of opinions. Period. And what I said was calling out people who aren’t. So I was actually defending the right to have an opinion without being attacked.

Heck I made a stupid comment believing a tweet from Major Nelson was real. I was tired and wasn’t thinking straight. Someone said “JFC” (ironically a person who called me out for using a-hole). How is THAT not offensive?

But in this case I was wrong and will refrain from calling others whiners and just say “the people who are complaining”.

#11399 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:05 PM

You suckers with your NBA2K19 for $2.99. I spent about $330 to get that game at the first part of this year. However, it did come with a bonus copy of an Xbox One X. I'm still happy with my purchase.

#11400 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7944 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

I thought people on the PSN thread successfully did it.  Of course, I tried to look for it one day and couldn't find it and really didn't care enough to search.  :)

Honestly, this website really needs to be laid out better or have better menus.

They went over to Discord a year (or maybe 2 now) ago.  Thread was very active for while but they decided to change the format.  Difference between this thread and the PSN thread was the OP (Frisky) didn't care for the off topic posts.  

It was the most active thread in the Off topic section for a year I think.