* * * - - 22 votes

XBL Deals - Middle-earth, Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor, XCOM 2, more | Gold / GPU, Resident Evil | GwG: Hitman S1, FM6; EDF 2025

#871 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:42 AM

Glad to hear that overall people don’t have too many issues with gaming/multiplayer toxicity. I guess my fiancé is just one of the lucky ones haha. Back to the original point/discussion, Overwatch is still plenty populated on Xbox as far as I can tell. Arcade is usually easy to get into depending on the mode, and Quick Play is usually fast as well. I personally have Skirmish turned off so I tend to sit at the menu a little longer when it does take a minute or two to find a game, but as others have said, never enough to complain. Plus as far as I can tell, there isn’t going to be any stop to the free updates, characters, maps, and events anytime soon, so there shouldn’t be any problem joining in next time there’s a sale.

#872 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7867 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:15 AM

So I have been playing the halo mcc collection for a few years now. Its a sad day I will be deleting it today. Seems kinda weird.

After the recent update it erased my progress on the Spartan ops. My son and I were on chapeter 9 on legendary. The last thing I had to finish on legendary. And its all gone.

I'd have to play them all on legendary again to get a 10 gamer score achivement. Ah. No. Sorry halo its time for us to part ways.

#873 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:24 AM

So I have been playing the halo mcc collection for a few years now. Its a sad day I will be deleting it today. Seems kinda weird.

After the recent update it erased my progress on the Spartan ops. My son and I were on chapeter 9 on legendary. The last thing I had to finish on legendary. And its all gone.

I'd have to play them all on legendary again to get a 10 gamer score achivement. Ah. No. Sorry halo its time for us to part ways.

Are you certain you aren't seeing this known issue from the Jan update?

The team has found a bug in this update that causes Spartan Ops mission completion badges to not appear if they were earned in a previous version of the game (prior to the current updated build) or after the title is relaunched after they have been earned. The stats are being tracked appropriately and badges are awarded, but it's just that they aren't visibly appearing at this time. We are looking into a fix for this but wanted to inform players as this bug will be is in the January update.

#874 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5902 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:39 AM

Countdowns.

Spoiler

#875 Sir Sleeps A-lot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Sir Sleeps A-lot

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:44 AM

Countdowns.

Spoiler

Forgive me for not knowing but what's the countdown for?

#876 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7867 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:59 AM

Are you certain you aren't seeing this known issue from the Jan update?

Son of a.....

Already deleted it.

#877 TooManyGamez  

TooManyGamez

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:08 AM

I am surprised to see Dead Rising 3 is leaving GamePass. I would have thought a MS exclusive would stay forever. Now I have to finish the DLCs.

Nvm

#878 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   866 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:26 AM

Son of a.....

Already deleted it.

Based on what dagolara said, it sounds like if you reinstall it you can pick back up where you were.

Or do you have a shitty capped ISP?

#879 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:31 AM

It's always fun to see the Underdogs prevail from adversity to... [checks notes]...play in their third straight Super Bowl.

#880 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2175 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:32 AM

Who asked for this Super Bowl...?

Go back and try again, NFL.

Forgive me for not knowing but what's the countdown for?

Upcoming sale.

Those games that are counting down to Monday at 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern (i.e. the "21 hours") will be the weekly deals.

#881 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7867 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:51 AM

Based on what dagolara said, it sounds like if you reinstall it you can pick back up where you were.
Or do you have a shitty capped ISP?

Yeah but that's a whole lot of download to redo. We have "unlimited" but get throttled down after about 50 gbs tha k God for vpn speeds that shit right back up lol.

Ill probably end up donwloading the damn thing again. Just to say I got them all done on legendary.....again. The only ones I'm not doing are the par scores and the speed runs.

The one that I have been wanting to get I just finished the other day. Win 500 multiplayer games.

#882 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3184 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:56 AM

Really wish NFS Carbon and Hot Pursuit were BC, don't want to play them on my 360

#883 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:09 AM

Yeah but that's a whole lot of download to redo. We have "unlimited" but get throttled down after about 50 gbs tha k God for vpn speeds that shit right back up lol.

Ill probably end up donwloading the damn thing again. Just to say I got them all done on legendary.....again. The only ones I'm not doing are the par scores and the speed runs.

The one that I have been wanting to get I just finished the other day. Win 500 multiplayer games.

Get to the ready to start screen and just download what you need

#884 Sielanas  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:17 AM

I'm sure it got buried in my frustration over AV equipment, but serious question. What color is the background on the settings screen? I'm paranoid that I calibrated wrong.

#885 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   747 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:32 AM

is far cry 5 worth it for $30? i just need the dlc to play already beat the main campaign...just not sure if it's worth $30 or not......my minds telling me no..but my body is telling me yeah..

#886 emg28   esteeohpee CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:35 AM

It's always fun to see the Underdogs prevail from adversity to... [checks notes]...play in their third straight Super Bowl.

Lol.
It was a close one. They won by coin toss.

#887 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9428 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:42 AM

Finally got my AC6 code from Best Buy. Pain in the ass but at least I got AC5 as a bonus on top. And with AC7, think I’ll have enough Ace Combat to last me for a while, lol.

#888 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:33 AM

Really wish NFS Carbon and Hot Pursuit were BC, don't want to play them on my 360

How do these titles hold up compared to the more recent NFS games? Any thoughts?

#889 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   866 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:39 AM

It’s 2002 all over again. No one believes the Patriots can beat The Greatest Show On Turf

#890 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   997 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:58 AM

I personally have Skirmish turned off so I tend to sit at the menu a little longer when it does take a minute or two to find a game, but as others have said, never enough to complain.

I started playing around season 5 and had no idea this was a thing. I have a tough choice to think about. Do I want to continue skirmishing so I can see if the enemy team is friendly and just use the sit/dance emote, just sit in spawn waiting for a match and 1 out of every 15 skirmishes actually fight/mess around? I don't actually do anything in skirmish 90% of the time but could see wanting it on for that one time every so often I want something besides my phone to distract me from the long wait time for a match.

#891 Mannie  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:37 AM

There's a couple of NFS games that are still available digitally on the Xbox 360 store. This means that their licenses haven't expired, so I'm really hopeful that they will make them backward compatible.

#892 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:48 AM

This was a rollercoaster. Thank you for the ride, lol.

#893 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9428 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:03 PM

Out of all the NFS games, I wish one of the Underground games would go BC. The others are good and know many may think Most Wanted was the best but Underground 1 and 2 were the pinnacle for me. Had hoped the Need for Speed 2015 would be close to it but no such luck.

Looks like the Underground games were delisted though or maybe they were never available digitally?

#894 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

Mads Mikkelsen giving hope for more Hannibal. He's been in everything lately. I love it. We had a few big Hannibal fans here a few years ago.

Haven't been around in awhile (addicted to Switch and busy with work). I miss all of you, but my wallet is a lot fuller. Hope everyone has a great year.

Oh man that works be great. I loved Hannibal!

#895 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7983 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

Glad to hear that overall people don’t have too many issues with gaming/multiplayer toxicity. I guess my fiancé is just one of the lucky ones haha. 

I would imagine your fiance being a woman likely has something to do with attracting more assholes on Live then most men/boys do.  

I almost never game with a mic unless I am playing with friends.

#896 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1840 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

I'm sure it got buried in my frustration over AV equipment, but serious question. What color is the background on the settings screen? I'm paranoid that I calibrated wrong.

Are you talking about the generic Xbox settings screen? It should be black, however you like that to be displayed. I usually have my brightness turned up due to manual flashlight button technology not existing in the future world of Destiny, so mine is more washed out.

The secondary/highlight color should be whatever you picked as your theme color.

#897 Sielanas  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Are you talking about the generic Xbox settings screen? It should be black, however you like that to be displayed. I usually have my brightness turned up due to manual flashlight button technology not existing in the future world of Destiny, so mine is more washed out.

The secondary/highlight color should be whatever you picked as your theme color.

That's what I was thinking. Mine is quite gray, but colors seem ok and I can definitely get blacks. I'll have to give it another go and make sure it's still right.

#898 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

I would imagine your fiance being a woman likely has something to do with attracting more assholes on Live then most men/boys do.  

I almost never game with a mic unless I am playing with friends.

Yeah, when I set up my kids with Xbox Live accounts when they were younger (my daughter was 5 or 6), I stupidly helped her pick out a gamertag that includes the word "girl" and as a result, she would occasionally get messages from randoms (nothing harassing, just "hey," "hi," "what's up" etc.) until I changed her privacy settings. If you want to get contacted by randoms on Xbox Live, just let people know you're a girl, lol.

#899 DennisCP   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

DennisCP

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:50 PM

That's what I was thinking. Mine is quite gray, but colors seem ok and I can definitely get blacks. I'll have to give it another go and make sure it's still right.

My settings screen is gray too.

#900 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2539 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

Zen Studios support finally responded late last night with codes for the X1 versions of the tables I bought, worked fine once it was all said and done. Still pretty obnoxious, but I'm glad they are taking care of it. 

Along with RE7, the GF and I started TWD season 2 (I've never played past season 1). Really digging it and looking forward to playing through season 4 eventually.