* * * - - 21 votes

XBL Deals - Y's Origin, Layers of Fear, Grip, more | Platformers, F2P | GwG: Inside, Rivals of Aether; Castlevania:SOTN

#13051 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1730 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:40 PM

Still agitated that BC is finished at this moment and I didn't get fusion frenzy 2. It's a fully Microsoft game so I really don't understand why that didn't happen. Need more party games on the One and I still to this day load up the OG fusion frenzy for great fun.

Dust off your Xbox 360. It's what you're gonna have to do to play all those games Microsoft missed. (Yes, I'm unhappy about it too.)

#13052 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6824 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:41 PM

I'm still unclear on how the Telltale episode de-listings are supposed to work on Xbox One.  I own the season pass discs for Minecraft: Story Mode Season One and The Walking Dead: The New Frontier and the Back To the Future: The Game disc.  I downloaded all of the episodes for each today.  Was this a good idea, and should I keep these on my hard drive going forward?  Or will they always be available since I own the discs?  They don't take up that much space, but I might want to use the space for something else in the future.  I've seen so many conflicting responses when I Google search, so if someone can provide a good answer, it will be much appreciated.

#13053 splattered   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

splattered

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:51 PM

So I preordered Samurai Showdown the day it hit the store for preorder... I used a combination of MS funny money and a little off my debit card. I received the order confirmation e-mail from Microsoft and it showed up in my ready to install list. For some reason this morning I get another order confirmation e-mail from Microsoft and a full charge to my debit card for $59.99 … Has anyone ever seen this before? What is going on here?

#13054 PageAndScreen   Assassin's Creed Fantatic CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

PageAndScreen

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:58 PM

I'm still unclear on how the Telltale episode de-listings are supposed to work on Xbox One. I own the season pass discs for Minecraft: Story Mode Season One and The Walking Dead: The New Frontier and the Back To the Future: The Game disc. I downloaded all of the episodes for each today. Was this a good idea, and should I keep these on my hard drive going forward? Or will they always be available since I own the discs? They don't take up that much space, but I might want to use the space for something else in the future. I've seen so many conflicting responses when I Google search, so if someone can provide a good answer, it will be much appreciated.

The Walking Dead games are safe because Skybound got the rights back and are keeping the games published. Everything else is up in the air as it all goes back to the respective franchise holders. It would be up to Microsoft to republish Minecraft and Universal (I guess?) to republish BTTF. If you want to play them, you need to keep them downloaded but you should be OK with the TWD.

#13055 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3082 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:04 AM

So from the e3 sale my final haul is

DMC4SE

#13056 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8717 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:14 AM

So from the e3 sale my final haul is

DMC4SE

Good pick since it's leaving Game Pass at the end of the month.

Did you get the Demon Hunter bundle?

#13057 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3082 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:19 AM

Good pick since it's leaving Game Pass at the end of the month.
Did you get the Demon Hunter bundle?

Yup and that's the reason I got it since it was leaving game pass.

#13058 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6824 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:28 AM

The Walking Dead games are safe because Skybound got the rights back and are keeping the games published. Everything else is up in the air as it all goes back to the respective franchise holders. It would be up to Microsoft to republish Minecraft and Universal (I guess?) to republish BTTF. If you want to play them, you need to keep them downloaded but you should be OK with the TWD.

Thanks for the response.  I might delete The Walking Dead anyway since I've never seen the show or read the comic book.  Truthfully, these games aren't really my types of games.  But Back To the Future is one of my favorite movie series of all time, and I just downloaded Minecraft recently, so I'll be glad to see what the story is supposed to be behind that one.  

#13059 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:28 AM

Dust off your Xbox 360. It's what you're gonna have to do to play all those games Microsoft missed. (Yes, I'm unhappy about it too.)

Got rid of it when I finished all the Forzas. I'll just wait and see what happens when Scarlett comes out. Hopefully they come out guns blazing at launch and have a slew of the titles we all wanted newly optimized for the Scarlett

#13060 Sielanas  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:38 AM

Nope, downloaded it just fine several days ago. Bought it through the website before hand, so it was in my ready to install list.

I'm really tempted on Division 2. Girlfriend put the buy price for Ultimate at $100, and it's $71.99 right now. Problem is, I worry we won't go back to the original if I buy now. We have the Gold Edition, and while we did reach end game, we never touched the DLC. I really want to get through the PvE content before starting 2. I just wonder if it will be that cheap again anytime soon.

You have the original Gold or 2? Im hoping the original. The Gold for 2 is 60, that's pretty good for being only 3 months past launch. Your patience is admirable wanting to stick with the original, but I say jump. Big gameplay difference.

#13061 toadhjo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:12 AM

Anyone having trouble getting Too Human to download from the marketplace? I keep getting the "Sorry... that request can't be completed right now" generic error.

Are you outside of the US? I am, and I had the same problem with Too Human until I used a VPN.

#13062 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:39 AM

Technically Rock Band peripherals ARE supported via adapter (using mine for Rock Band 4), but the licensing kills it for Beatles Rock Band. Too bad, it’s pretty great. One of the reasons I keep my 360.

Yes, and the 360 disc version of Rock Band 3 is double-awesome since you can use customs.  In fact, you can even get customs from Beatles Rock Band to integrate into your main RB3 songlist.

#13063 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2457 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:40 AM

Nope, downloaded it just fine several days ago. Bought it through the website before hand, so it was in my ready to install list.

I'm really tempted on Division 2. Girlfriend put the buy price for Ultimate at $100, and it's $71.99 right now. Problem is, I worry we won't go back to the original if I buy now. We have the Gold Edition, and while we did reach end game, we never touched the DLC. I really want to get through the PvE content before starting 2. I just wonder if it will be that cheap again anytime soon.

There's a reputable seller in the trade forums selling it for $50 right now.  Go get it :)

#13064 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5813 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM

Anything good in the countdowns?

#13065 PsychoNinja1994  

PsychoNinja1994

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:19 AM

Heard the Minecraft Story Mode 360 episodes are on sale for $99 a piece. Pretty sweet deal.

#13066 chazman14   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chazman14

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:27 AM

Heard the Minecraft Story Mode 360 episodes are on sale for $99 a piece. Pretty sweet deal.

$99 a piece? How many are there? Might have to tell the Mrs that I won't be able to pay rent next month...

#13067 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2130 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:24 AM

Holy crap. It's actually $99.99. I thought it was a typo haha

https://marketplace....15-d8025841149e

#13068 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   851 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:28 AM

Holy crap. It's actually $99.99. I thought it was a typo haha

https://marketplace....15-d8025841149e

It's a placeholder so people can download it. They don't want people to buy it.

#13069 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   807 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:48 AM

So if anyone's looking for good games for Game Pass quests, I recommend The Turing Test for Achievement Hunter

This was going to be my next game to try for the 10 achievements. Tried Astroneer but stuck in the tutorial, looks bugged or something.

#13070 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:08 AM

This was going to be my next game to try for the 10 achievements. Tried Astroneer but stuck in the tutorial, looks bugged or something.

The tutorial in Astroneer is a pain and takes forever. I had to give up on that achievement because it took too long. The first couple achievements in guacomelee 2 take maybe 20-30 minutes. First couple bosses and when you learn to dodge do 10 dodges for another achievement.

#13071 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   631 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:27 AM

You have the original Gold or 2? Im hoping the original. The Gold for 2 is 60, that's pretty good for being only 3 months past launch. Your patience is admirable wanting to stick with the original, but I say jump. Big gameplay difference.

Original. I played the Beta and I actually preferred the original gameplay to 2 honestly. Maybe it's the difference between end game gear in the original and beginner gear in the beta for 2 though. Those cool downs were rough. I liked my original turret that never had a cool down by the time I destroyed it.

There's a reputable seller in the trade forums selling it for $50 right now.  Go get it :)

Somehow I doubt this seller takes MS funny money. :razz:

#13072 dualrec  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:46 AM

What's the trick to 'buy' NHL19 since I'm EA Access subscribed and all it says is 'play' for a choice?

#13073 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:26 AM

My lone purchase from the E3 sale was Forza Motorsport 6.

#13074 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:30 AM

My lone purchase from the E3 sale was Forza Motorsport 6.

I'm still tempted about grabbing this but also am confident it will be a GwG in a few months. I grabbed the VIP pass when it was on sale awhile back, just debating how important the dlc and car pass is to me. 

#13075 toadhjo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:22 AM

The only game I got from the E3 sale was NBA 2K19. I'm always reluctant to complain about sales, but I gotta say this one really lacked any OMG INSTABUY gems.

Let's hope the summer sale is a banger!

Edit: Then again, I'd say deal on UGP made up for the lack of spectacular discounts.

#13076 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1017 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

I'm still unclear on how the Telltale episode de-listings are supposed to work on Xbox One.  I own the season pass discs for Minecraft: Story Mode Season One and The Walking Dead: The New Frontier and the Back To the Future: The Game disc.  I downloaded all of the episodes for each today.  Was this a good idea, and should I keep these on my hard drive going forward?  Or will they always be available since I own the discs?  They don't take up that much space, but I might want to use the space for something else in the future.  I've seen so many conflicting responses when I Google search, so if someone can provide a good answer, it will be much appreciated.

From what I can tell, the answer to your question depends on the game. Some games have disc versions with all the content on them, while others will become completely unavailable once they are de-listed. Here is a community created guide from TA to help with this: 

https://www.trueachi...=1109761&page=1

Are you outside of the US? I am, and I had the same problem with Too Human until I used a VPN.

Yea, this was my problem. Shoulda tried that first, duh... Thanks!

#13077 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   996 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:35 AM

I got my 10 in Guacamelee 2. Took about ... 2.5-3 hours? Not super super quick, but it's actually a fun game, so that helps.

#13078 lightskintwin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

lightskintwin

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:39 PM

The Hot Deal is Xbox Gift Cards again for 4000 MS reward points.

#13079 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1730 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:41 PM

I bought nothing. Considered the Genesis collection but I already own it on PC, so I could hardly see the point. Bon voyage, surprisingly crappy yearly sale!

#13080 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7930 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:05 PM

No worries, that's what we're here for. It can take a few days for you to receive credit. 

I think at least one achievement I was never given credit for but was able to get 10 in Metro anyway.  Got my 1000 points.  Also did the download a game through the app as well for 200 points.