Far Cry: New Dawn $19.99/15.99 GCU at Best Buy

Well shit, that was fast. Although that's the price I thought it was announced at so now it's worth looking into.

Well shit, that was fast. Although that's the price I thought it was announced at so now it's worth looking into.
Yeah it was just released a month ago. These Ubisoft games drop quick, even outside the holiday season. Makes me think The Division 2 will crash down as well.

The cheap ass in me is showing with me now having second thoughts on getting it for only $16 because the $1 store pick up bonus isn't showing up.

The cheap ass in me is showing with me now having second thoughts on getting it for only $16 because the $1 store pick up bonus isn't showing up.
Lol same. Did you try to purchase it on the desktop version of the site? I wasn't getting the $1 off on games but it showed up on my PC browser.

Lol same. Did you try to purchase it on the desktop version of the site? I wasn't getting the $1 off on games but it showed up on my PC browser.
Tried my desktop, chrome on tablet and the app and isn't showing up. Not really complaining if I don't get it since I still got 4,5, Primal and all the DLC to play still. If anything I can wait until $10. If anything I should just wait. Yeah, I think I'll wait... Or until that dollar is off.

Sucks this game is online co-op only. Would have jumped on it for us but $32 for enough copies to co-op is still outrageous. : \

It got bad reviews and it’s a Ubisoft game so I’ll probably just wait till it goes down even more at GameStop n get it pre owned in a few months since I don’t have gcu anymore and the backlog is real. And oh Sekiro

I'd get it now if I didn't have such a backlog. Hoping it'll be even cheaper by the time I'm ready to play it

Sucks this game is online co-op only. Would have jumped on it for us but $32 for enough copies to co-op is still outrageous. : \
In the same boat with Luigi's mansion 3ds. I got a copy on sale then realized I can play the entire game in co-op with my wife, but we need a second copy. The game hasn't gone on sale again since :( and there's no way in hell I'm playing $40 more just for that privilege.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a price match on the copy I bought a few weeks ago but they only gave me back $13 and change when it should have been $16-$17 after tax. Wasn't even going to press over a few bucks since I ended up wasting an hour in the chat and getting nothing extra when I said I didn't get the proper amount back for my Just Cause 4 price match.

Where is the PM chat option now? I click on it and it does nothing.. I remember someone posted a link that actually works but I can't find it.

Where is the PM chat option now? I click on it and it does nothing.. I remember someone posted a link that actually works but I can't find it.
I've had luck adding an item to my cart and then looking at the shopping cart and having the chat option on the right side of the browser.

I would buy this as it seems like a great price but the CAG in me says I can wait till black friday and they will drop it to $10 the way they did farcry primal. Even by November I probably still wont have the time to play it so I can wait.

I would buy this as it seems like a great price but the CAG in me says I can wait till black friday and they will drop it to $10 the way they did farcry primal. Even by November I probably still wont have the time to play it so I can wait.
Same here. And I just don’t get why it’s acceptable game studios are allowed to do what they are today. Now I’m not saying what ubi is doing is illegal though it definitely is immoral. They sell a ‘complete’ edition of New Dawn day one. Usually things like that are reserved for ‘game of the year’ after a decent release window of a year or more, with a lot of new content and bug fixed.

This time around selling a ‘complete’ version on day one is insulting. It insinuates the base game is incomplete. To say that means ubi is selling an incomplete game, which is unethical and shady.

Thanks OP! Grabbed one in-store. Happy to find it for this price already since I just finished Far Cry 5 a few months ago.

Same here. And I just don’t get why it’s acceptable game studios are allowed to do what they are today. Now I’m not saying what ubi is doing is illegal though it definitely is immoral. They sell a ‘complete’ edition of New Dawn day one. Usually things like that are reserved for ‘game of the year’ after a decent release window of a year or more, with a lot of new content and bug fixed.

This time around selling a ‘complete’ version on day one is insulting. It insinuates the base game is incomplete. To say that means ubi is selling an incomplete game, which is unethical and shady.
The "Complete Edition" is basically just New Dawn plus Far Cry 5 bundled together. And the deluxe edition is just some extra costumes/weapons/vehicles bundled in at a higher price. It's not like, say, Operation Raccoon City, where Capcom basically released half the game at full price and then released the other half of the game as DLC adding up to the same price. Or, you know, *cough* Call of Duty *cough*

Damn! That was fast. I think I'll wait till it's like $10.

I'm probably in the minority but I thought Far Cry 5 was the best Far Cry game in the series. I literally dropped all my other games just to beat this game. Game was fun from the start and had me hooked until the end. Note: I couldn't get myself to finish Far Cry 3 and 4 but Far Cry 5 did it for me and I'm not a huge fan of FPS.

Damn! That was fast. I think I'll wait till it's like $10.

I'm probably in the minority but I thought Far Cry 5 was the best Far Cry game in the series. I literally dropped all my other games just to beat this game. Game was fun from the start and had me hooked until the end. Note: I couldn't get myself to finish Far Cry 3 and 4 but Far Cry 5 did it for me and I'm not a huge fan of FPS.
Did you get very far in FC3? I know it gets kind of slow after the beginning but wow does it pick up. I still think about it all these years later.

Did you get very far in FC3? I know it gets kind of slow after the beginning but wow does it pick up. I still think about it all these years later.
I honestly didn't play FC 1 or 2, but 3 hooked me with its formula. FC4 was good, but less memorable and 5 ended up being a slog for me, personally. I wasn't as keen on the villain and his underlings.

Price matched mine yesterday as I already 100% completed the game and got a Platinum.  Game is worth the $15.99 price point.  If you can get it for cheaper, or are not in a rush, then by all means wait.  But at that low price with GCU, I feel it is worth it.

Not far but like 2/4th of the game. I sort of lost interests after that and totally forgot all about it. I think maybe because I was playing FC3 and Witcher 3 at the same time lol.

Man, the digital is down to 20 now as well. I kinda wish I wouldn’t have pulled the trigger on this even with gamers club. Now I have to get up when I want to play it.

My brother got one. I was willing to wait for end of the year price, but now I can just borrow it when he's done ^^

Now that the digital is $20.. and was able to get a PM/refund from BB I was thinking of trading my physical copy to GS for $19.25 and buy the Digital.

That was last night about 9:30pm. I saved the trade and was going to run in there today since it said it's good till end of day today. Didn't print it out or anything cause it's saved in the app.

5:52AM today.. price changed to $16. Did not know they could do that after you saved the trade value.

Odd though, my saved trade in the app says $16.50 but website says it's saved at $19.25

I have early access to the Black Friday deals at Best Buy. Once you spend 1500 in store you achieve "elite" status earn this ability. If theres anything you want reply in the thread or PM me. They still have a ton of stuff available.

I have early access to the Black Friday deals at Best Buy. Once you spend 1500 in store you achieve "elite" status earn this ability. If theres anything you want reply in the thread or PM me. They still have a ton of stuff available.
giphy.gif

bread's done
Back